Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2428343 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #250 on: 2012-10-05 19:43:36 »
You say you have a genuine copy of the game now on CD... Normally, once somebody is found to have pirated the game, we will not help them unless they can prove they have the game. A photo of your discs and a piece of paper with your username will do nicely. If you can provide that, we will remove the pirate avatar and gladly help you.

WSabey

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2012-10-06 10:43:35 »
I don't think I'm having the best luck with this. I reinstalled the game to try some different settings in the menu overhaul (I read you can't just patch over an existing bootleg installation), since I couldn't find any 'before and after' screenshots, only now the music has stopped working. The logs for FF7Music show it identifying the MIDI playing, and mapping this to an mp3, but it doesn't actually play the music, all I get is silence. Does this thread cover FF7Music too?
FF7Music.log:
Code: [Select]
DataPath is C:\Games\FinalFantasyVII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently C:\Games\FinalFantasyVII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   C:\Games\FinalFantasyVII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 95
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently C:\Games\FinalFantasyVII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   C:\Games\FinalFantasyVII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 95
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
FTH: (7164): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***

FTH: (6360): *** Fault tolerant heap shim applied to current process. This is usually due to previous crashes. ***

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60

MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
-> LULnchr: started with args: '/version:1.00.46 /prod:setpoint /lang:ENU /qs:hit=2 /conffile=C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SolarApp\LU\LuProduct.Sapp.xml'

-- LULnchr: will launch target: 'LogitechUpdate.exe' '/version:1.00.46 /prod:setpoint /lang:ENU /qs:hit=2 /conffile=C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SolarApp\LU\LuProduct.Sapp.xml'

-> LULnchr: started with args: '/version:1.00.46 /prod:setpoint /lang:ENU /qs:hit=2 /conffile=C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SolarApp\LU\LuProduct.Sapp.xml'

-- LULnchr: will launch target: 'LogitechUpdate.exe' '/version:1.00.46 /prod:setpoint /lang:ENU /qs:hit=2 /conffile=C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SolarApp\LU\LuProduct.Sapp.xml'

-- LULnchr: starting target synchronously.

-- LULnchr: Returned from LaunchViaShellExecute.  hProc = 600 (0x258), GetLastError: 0

-- LULnchr: --->| WFSO on hProc.

-- LULnchr: ---<| WFSO on hProc returned.

-< LULnchr: exiting.

reading midi file: OB.mid

OB.mid

Midi file matched! OB
CSA6
CSR7
File counterpart 02 - Bombing Mission.ogg
Resolved to 02 - Bombing Mission.ogg
MIDI stop

CSA6
CSR7
END UNINITIALIZE DD

WM_ACTIVATEAPP
I'm not sure why it appears to be probing my keyboard, could that have something to do with the problem?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #252 on: 2012-10-06 14:05:16 »

WSabey

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2012-10-06 15:52:57 »
Ah, that's done it, thanks. That must have been a pain to find initially, I know I wouldn't think to look for unescaped semicolons in an ini file...

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2012-10-10 16:54:46 »
Hello there!
Just signed up for this forum.

My FF7 sense was tingling one week ago and to my surprise I realised that Square had remade the game for PC! Big was my disappointment though when reading reviews of it (MIDI sound? REALLY Square?) and seeing it on Youtube. UNTIL I stumbled on EQ2Alyza Youtube video of the modded version, and my guts went nuts with anticipation and sentimentality! What you have achieved is incredible!

So, after having bought the 2012 version I have kind of turned the Bootlegged version of FF7 into a longitudinal hobby, mostly because of the problems that have been occurring to me ^_^

So I am running Windows 7 64-bit on a 13" Macbook Pro (the 2010 version using the Nvidia 320M) with updated everything. Firewall + Microsoft Security Essentials are turned off and I have closed all conceivable programs while installing. My first test run was on a pirated version of the game but this went completely wrong, so I caved yesterday and (re)-bought the game (must have paid for this game 4 times now. 2 x Playstation, 1 x PS3 and 1 x 2012 PC remake), attempting the hitherto impossible yet again.

On first launch using EQ2Alyza's settings (with the exception of 1920*1080 res, I had to run 1280*720) it worked! Intro was shown, splash screen and sound were good. However, no controls worked and I guess this was because I am on a laptop? I found and copied the file ff7input.cfg to c:\games\ff7 and on launch a black screen and the whole computer froze. I then rebooted, removed the cfg file and tried again to no avail.
The freezing thing also happened using the pirated version the day before though, however, it never made it to the start menu.
What really bothered me was that it actually ran once with the exception of having no controls.

So what should I do now?
The APP file is completely empty so something is definitely not initializing yet.
Should I recompile the bootleg to something less taxing for the videocard?
Uninstall and reinstall again (this is a pain btw because it takes half an hour)?

I just wanted to ask here first if it means that I can avoid starting all over again...

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2012-10-10 17:37:39 »
Are you playing with a gamepad? if so it should pick up the control instantly and for fullscreen you should set your resolution to the max resolution of your screen btw. Not sure about the controls on keyboards
Im sure someone here will be able to help you out i've been out of the modding scene for many months now slowly forgetting everything..just waitin for a new laptop so i can play again :D

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2012-10-10 18:08:26 »
Thx for the reply.

No keypad no. I just figured I could use the arrow keys on the keyboard?
I went by the 1920*720 since it was recommended, wasn't sure 16:10 ratio was supported. No matter what it won't fix my problem of the game freezing on the first black screen... *sniffle* :(

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2012-10-10 18:16:01 »
if your app.log is empty its likely that Aali's driver is not installed properly, have you fun FF7Config and made sure "Custom Driver" is selected on the graphics page ? if it is installed correctly try setting FF7 to run in a window instead of fullscreen inside "ff7_opengl.cfg" and then try running ff7.exe again and see what happens, if it comes up fullscreen still even though it was disabled in the cfg then its the driver not installed properly, if it runs in a window but still just black then its a different problem.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2012-10-10 18:29:42 »
So, after having bought the 2012 version I have kind of turned the Bootlegged version of FF7 into a longitudinal hobby... ^_^

Exactly how I feel  ;D

Try Kranmer's suggestions. There is definitely an issue with the driver if your APP log isn't recording anything.

Jasong2004

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2012-10-10 22:05:59 »
Alright I've been at it for a week and I can't take it anymore.  It's time to consult the experts.  I have the 2012 version of FFVII and followed EQ2Alyza's youtube video and the amazing tutorial exactly and I can't even get out of the starting gate.  Here's the situation:
C:\Games\FF7 (fresh install every time)
Bootleg has administrative privlages and all mods are within the folder (the folder IS on my desktop and that will be the next thing and last thing I try)  firewall/AV/AVC disabled
Used both Kranmer v0.3 and v0.2 new to old and same results
After A fresh install I run Kranmer, mount drive, point the registry at it and then run BFE close everything down and pull up my options and then hit run bootleg.
I've tried the options that I feel will make the game amazing looking and I've also tried running virtually no improvments just bootleg to see where the problem might be.  So far both results are the same no matter what options I have are selected.
After bootleg finishes I run the bootloader and for a second it looks like everything is about to go but then it says the Fullscreen isn't supported kicks down and then I get the error message, "Your Open_GL renderer appears to be the microsoft renderer... (bad stuff)" then windows 7 tells me that ff7.exe stopped working.

That is the ultimate state it ends up in.  What I've done to help trouble shoot:
After running Kranmer I can open it up by running ff7.exe  I can also still launch it from the 2012 launcher.  Both work fine except for the ff7.exe I have to disable shaders in the .cfg file so that not everything is white.  No problem.  I can run Kranmer and then update Alis graphics driver from 0.10. to 0.11b and it will still launch from ff7.exe and the 2012 launcher.  Again have to disable shaders.  I have been able to run Kranmer and then manually install Avalanche High Res.exe and Remix v2-5-1 and it will still launch from ff7.exe AND from the 2012 launcher.  Launching from the 2012 launcher will still show the modified field and battle models.

Conclusion:  So far it really seems like something that Bootleg does Corrupts the FF7.exe in my systerm.  Not sure what else to try at this point other than manually installing everything but at the moment I don't have the know how.  It seems to be bootleg because in every instance before that the 2012 launcher will run ff7 but after bootleg runs then the 2012 launcher gives the same widows 7 message as using bootloader or just ff7.exe. "Blah blah blah crashed."

Any thoughts guys?

Edit: Something I forgot to add in there is after running bootleg just to double check to see if it was something that Aalis's custom driver was doing I copied over the driver that Bootleg 039 with a fresh file of v11b and manually configured the settings and still get the windows 7 game crash.  Also just now tried a fresh install with v11b of Aali's graphic driver and that works just fine (after disabling shaders).  Something bootleg does.

Last thing I have a gtx260 218 core up to date drivers running if that makes a difference.  I know it causes problems with shaders but that's to be expected.

Do I patch or unpatch the Flvel when using Kranmer's tool?  I've tried with both so far but just wondering.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-11 01:53:12 by Jasong2004 »

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #260 on: 2012-10-10 22:23:29 »
did you set the graphics to custom in ff7config.exe

Jasong2004

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2012-10-10 22:49:21 »
It automatically does that but I check it every time anyway. Anyway yes.

Edit: Trying my best not to clutter forum but trying to add as much information as possible.  I'm looking through the App.log files from when the game works before bootleg and after and the only differences that might be key is this one

INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected (before) and then there is no entry stating that after.  (WRONG- this only happened because I changed the compatibility mode)

After even more testing and fiddling the before/good logs say the same thing exact thing as the logs that crash except the good logs keep recording after the entry "sound initialized" and the crashing logs just stop there.  Forgetting the remix music and just allowing the midi music to run doesn't change anything.

my app log
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\FF7\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

After hours of reading and reading and changing and ugh... I finally have no errors yet when I open up bootloader or just ff7.exe all that happens is the window blinks black and then thats it.  No error messages and that's all the app.log says.  I am sure that I have a sound device selected in ff7config.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-11 09:19:41 by Jasong2004 »

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2012-10-11 18:12:15 »
if your app.log is empty its likely that Aali's driver is not installed properly, have you fun FF7Config and made sure "Custom Driver" is selected on the graphics page ? if it is installed correctly try setting FF7 to run in a window instead of fullscreen inside "ff7_opengl.cfg" and then try running ff7.exe again and see what happens, if it comes up fullscreen still even though it was disabled in the cfg then its the driver not installed properly, if it runs in a window but still just black then its a different problem.

Will try and get back to you. Thank you so much for the quick answer rate here!

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2012-10-11 19:18:18 »
After even more testing and fiddling the before/good logs say the same thing exact thing as the logs that crash except the good logs keep recording after the entry "sound initialized" and the crashing logs just stop there.  Forgetting the remix music and just allowing the midi music to run doesn't change anything.

I think I have an idea of what could be the problem.

1. Right click FF7Config.exe, "Run as Administrator".
2. Choose your audio device that you would like to use.
3. Save changes and close.
4. Try again.

I had this exact same problem when using USB headphones. I had installed the game using USB headphones, and the next time I tried playing FF7, I didn't have the USB headphones in the same port where it was originally installed. This caused the game to crash until I re-selected the audio device within FF7Config.exe.

Jasong2004

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2012-10-11 20:08:14 »
Maybe it's just something goofy with my audio card or perhaps it's not audio related at all and it's just a coincidence it stops there.  Anyway saftle tried what you said, same results.  Sad days...

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2012-10-13 15:43:41 »

What I did:
Opened ff7config, pressed the graphics tab and made sure that I got the "self test passed" popup and checked that custom driver was selected below "primary display driver".
Edited ff7_opengl.cfg so fullscreen mode was disabled, internal res set to 640*480.

Results after running ff7.exe:
Popup with warning: "OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer. Your graphics drivers are probably not installed correctly. Expect extreme lag."
Final fantasy 7 window appears but looks like software rendering. Also windows is set to 256 colors and "windows 7 basic".

So, no freezing this time, however a bit weirded out since I have installed the custom driver, no?

APP file:

INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: GDI software renderer detected
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 1024x1024
INFO: Number of texture units: 1
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 1280x960
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file c:\games\ff7\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.tim
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.tim
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.tim
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.tim
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.tim
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: c:\games\ff7\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
ERROR: movie dimensions exceed max texture size, skipping
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load c:\games\ff7\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load c:\games\ff7\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load c:\games\ff7\/mods/bootleg/cr/opback_f_00.png
INFO: c:\games\ff7\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.605000, frames: 219
ERROR: movie dimensions exceed max texture size, skipping
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD
« Last Edit: 2012-10-13 15:48:43 by JeX »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2012-10-13 16:02:53 »
The 3rd line should display the Nvidia 320M, so it's not picking up your Graphics card correctly. Try checking over your Nvidia Control Panel:

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2012-10-13 22:30:13 »
So far so good. This is how it looks in my Nvidia Control Panel. Doesn't seem like I am able to override it somehow... :/
Tried opening FF7 afterwards and still same results.

nvidia_settings

Edit: Any good advice as to what I should try next in my (seemingly) everlasting troubleshooting attempts to make it work? :)
« Last Edit: 2012-10-17 03:32:37 by JeX »

djableskyle

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2012-10-16 20:26:06 »
I've just completed Disc 1 and it asked if I wanted to save up to that point. I hit Yes, and then it went straight to the please insert Disc 2 screen with a graphic background just like PS version.
I have everything installed properly and everything has been fine up to this point.
My Daemon Tools has the FF7DISC1.iso mounted that was supplied from tutorial directions.
What is the problem at this point???

Thanks!
Help soon so I can continue my adventure :D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2012-10-16 21:36:57 »
On YT, you asked me where to find the "Any CD Loader" option.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2012-10-17 06:06:51 »
Hi djableskyle

It probably will not be necessary to install the whole game again and modding.
One way would be, even to create a virtual CD with label FF7DISC2 (same for FF7DISC3) and insert it into the virtual CD drive.

The other option is to use Kranmers FF7anyCDv2.dll.
Open "ff7_opengl.cfg" with Notepad and check if there is a line

load_library = multi.dll

Check also whether multi.dll available in your game folder and if there is an additional folder "LOADR" (or "dll_in") exists.
In that folder should be the FF7anyCDv2.dll.

When you want to use DLPBs multi.dll, make sure that any additional DLLs are copied inside the folder "dll_in".

Greeting Kompass63

djableskyle

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2012-10-17 15:21:23 »
Only problem is I dont know how to create a virtual file like the FF7DISC1 that I downloaded from Mediafire.
I tried to create a blank notepad file named FF7DISC2 but when I try to mount that it says the file contains no data.

As far as the FF7anyCDv2 file, its all there inside the LOADR Folder. The Multi.dll is inside my applications root folder. I double checked everything you said and it seems everything is there.

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #272 on: 2012-10-17 17:16:25 »
Only problem is I dont know how to create a virtual file like the FF7DISC1 that I downloaded from Mediafire.
oh snap.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2012-10-17 19:40:11 »
oh snap.

He's only talking about my FF7DISC1 ISO that a created with a blank text document. It's linked to Mediafire in the page 1 Tutorial.

JjUuRrAa

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2012-10-18 13:18:05 »
Zmrde ksurvenej vymrdanej ty si měl složitý dětství táta tě šukal do zadku tvoje máma to viděla ale nepomohla ti a y z toho máš doživotní trauma koště skurvený už mi to de kundo zasraná vyřešil sem to sám čůráku skurvenej vymrdanej