Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421715 times)

agentghost

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #425 on: 2012-12-25 18:59:27 »
And they are right about it :)
An unmodified FFVII would cause some trouble on W8 - but we're talking about modding it, right? ;)

so I assume that the modded 1998 version will run well on Win 7 and Win 8 x64?  Hence, I should just keep my 1998 CDs?
update: also was told that 2012 support X360 controller while 1998 version doesn't --> does installing mods remove this on 2012?

Sorry for asking so many Qs.  Just want to make informed decision before buying.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-25 23:05:01 by agentghost »

Luceid

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2012-12-27 10:30:34 »
Well, I don't have the X360 Controller, but some kind ofage-old  ripped PS2/3 controller thing.
And this one works like a charm :)

What the support meant, was like:
"An unmodded FF VII won't run smoothly" (Chocobo-Race, etc.)

But most of these things are handled by Aali's Custom Driver anyways.

Don't get me wrong: Purchasing the Re-Release and due this support S-E and show them, this game is sill loved, is a good thing... but it's not fundamental, if you have the original.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #427 on: 2012-12-27 13:16:54 »
so I assume that the modded 1998 version will run well on Win 7 and Win 8 x64?  Hence, I should just keep my 1998 CDs?
update: also was told that 2012 support X360 controller while 1998 version doesn't --> does installing mods remove this on 2012?

Sorry for asking so many Qs.  Just want to make informed decision before buying.

Win 7 works great. I can't say anything for Win 8.

The digital is very cheap, so I went ahead and bought it. My reason though was mainly for testing purposes to help out PitBrat and Vgr with their Bootleg support. I don't see the absolute need to buy the 2012 otherwise.

I don't use an X360 controller, so I can't be for sure. In order to have mods work properly on 2012, you have to convert it to 1998, so I'm going to assume the X360 won't be compatible after that is done.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2012-12-27 13:49:13 »
You can use pretty much any controller if you use something like Joy2Key or XPadder.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2012-12-28 20:35:06 »
For PS3-controller is the MotioninJoy driver the best. It can even simulate the PS3-Controller as a XBox360 controller.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-28 20:37:28 by Kaldarasha »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2012-12-29 09:57:29 »
i use an xbox controller on both windows 7 64bit and windows 8 64bit and it is fine. however if you do the 2012 conversion you cant reassign the buttons properly as it auto double presses the ok button every time you go to set it for some reason i dont know. Doesnt happen with the 1998 version

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2012-12-30 19:50:08 »
Wow this looks very nice.

Am I right certian parts of the graphics can be turned on and off? eg. I prefer original sounds and original battle menus but I do like the new character models and field graphics.

Also that I have heavily modded my game already and have my own custom balancing on bosses, stealing as well as using custom mp3's for music etc. How would this affect that?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2012-12-30 20:23:44 »
Bootleg would overwrite your custom balancing and soundtrack.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2013-01-01 13:16:11 »
A couple of questions:

1) about Animations: what is the difference between "No Change" and "Original Animations"? And what about "Re-Animation Fixes"?

2) Is there a way to just have the game use and play the normal MIDI files as in the vanilla game? If so, what kind of option should I select in Soundtrack? Instead, if not possible, which option is the closest alternative?

Thanks!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2013-01-01 15:42:26 »
1) I'll need an explanation as well on what all the animation options mainly do.

2) Either PSF Midi or Anxious Heart Original.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2013-01-01 17:15:40 »
The animation option installs Bloodshot's new animations.
Selecting just the fixes only corrects flaws in the existing animations.
The modifications include improved idle, walking and running animations that look very different from the originals.
The modifications aren't tested with all of the models.

As for the soundtrack, PSF MIDI is the closest thing to the original, but the quality of the sound really depends on the installed sound card.
Anxious Heart is DLPB's project.  He collects, optimizes and loops his favorite FF7 inspired music for use in the the game.
The Anxious Heart Original sountrack probably produces the most authentic sounding music.
I believe there is sometimes a slight delay when Anxious Heart tracks start playing.
This can cause the fanfare song to play a bit out of sync with the victory animation.

joquersan

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2013-01-02 01:32:56 »
I see bootleg 0040 is here now! I'm kinda lazy, so I WILL wait for the torrent download for the additional files, I ALMOST can't wait though. And I have a pretty decent internet connection, I know nothing about modding games, but at least I can help seeding and I will.

Also, thanks for the help last time, Black Chocobo worked like a charm, so much that I've since then finished the game once more (in reasonable difficulty). Now I want to start again in full hardcore with bootleg 0040.

I wanted to ask, modding a game is not easy, is it? It's just that I'm a graphic designer and I'd like the opportunity to work with FF7 models to help here, and I often work with animation and videogame characters, but know nothing about programming and such... Don't know how big of a problem that is.

icepick314

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2013-01-03 16:21:29 »
Do you have estimated time when the new torrent will be available?

Thanks.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2013-01-03 16:29:49 »
I'm putting it together tonight.

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2013-01-04 02:38:11 »
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but will any bug fixes done on the 2012 version be lost during the conversion to the 1997 version (Magic Defense fix, Vincent's animation during Aeris' death fix, Chocobo Farm Greens re-translations, etc.)?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2013-01-04 02:53:30 »
The magic defense seems to work when I play with a modded 1998 version, so it could already be applied inadvertently with my mod selections.

I haven't a clue on Vincent's animation. I like to play with Yuffie and Tifa during that scene.

Do you mean the name of the Greens on the vendor? Can you elaborate on what is wrong and/or what should be the correct translations. I have videos (modded) with them being bought, so I can direct you to them once you respond.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2013-01-04 09:02:52 »
The Tutorial is updated to fit Bootleg 040, and a new torrent is available now. Its link is in STEP 7. Please help seed it to at least a 1.000 ratio after downloading.

I need to create another thread this weekend to put all the new Mod Details in it. I have already reached the character limit just trying to add all the new models for Cloud alone!  :|
« Last Edit: 2013-01-04 09:04:24 by EQ2Alyza »

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2013-01-04 15:55:20 »
The Magic Defense fix is done by Aali's driver on the 1997 versions.

The mistranslation of greens only shows up when you feed Chocobos that you catch yourself (if I recall correctly, Choco Billy may also say the incorrect name during a conversation as well). The names of five greens are different when you choose which one to feed your Chocobos. Curiel becomes Kurie, Mimett becomes Memit, Krakka becomes Karaka, Pahsana becomes Pasana, and Gysahl becomes Gizzard. The mistranslation issue is mentioned here (read the third bullet): http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII/Version_Differences#2012_re-release

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2013-01-04 16:56:23 »
Then the magic defense works for both versions after modding. The 2012 requires conversion to the 1998 to have mods installed and includes the use of Aali's Driver to function.

It looks like the Greens are translated for a modded game, but they are slightly different translations from yours listed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM1feWLSceE#t=16m30s

I believe those translations are from the Menu Overhaul mod.

joquersan

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2013-01-04 17:20:25 »
I wanted to ask, modding a game is not easy, is it? It's just that I'm a graphic designer and I'd like the opportunity to work with FF7 models to help here, and I often work with animation and videogame characters, but know nothing about programming and such... Don't know how big of a problem that is.

I'm sorry to bother you all again, but I was wondering if you can't answer this, where else can I ask? I'd really like to help. Besides, practicing would help ME since I want to start making videogames with a couple of programmer and designer friends later on.

I'll leave you with a couple videos of what I normally do, I know that 2D photoshop painting is not the same as 3D modelling, so these might not me 'appropriate credentials' but I just want to show you that at least I'm not all talk.

Photoshop original character colored painting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuw3k20xDT8

Black and white original manga page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJYl2BNdtY

My deviant: (though it's not up do date)
http://joquer.deviantart.com/gallery

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2013-01-04 19:56:41 »
Could you give the link of that desktop background here http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3586/gjoerulvhardcore.png ? Love it! ;D thanks

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2013-01-04 21:19:15 »
I asked around a bit and it seems that the fixes done to the 2012 version (or at least the one I'm most concerned about) should carry over to the 1997 version after the conversion (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11992.msg195958#msg195958). Thanks for your help/info though.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2013-01-04 22:00:14 »
I'm sorry to bother you all again, but I was wondering if you can't answer this, where else can I ask? I'd really like to help. Besides, practicing would help ME since I want to start making videogames with a couple of programmer and designer friends later on.

I'll leave you with a couple videos of what I normally do, I know that 2D photoshop painting is not the same as 3D modelling, so these might not me 'appropriate credentials' but I just want to show you that at least I'm not all talk.

Photoshop original character colored painting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuw3k20xDT8

Black and white original manga page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEJYl2BNdtY

My deviant: (though it's not up do date)
http://joquer.deviantart.com/gallery

Lovely work! I am honestly not much of a modder (yet). My job is more so a tester for new mods and helper for new users. BUT, I would suggest creating your own Topic in the General Discussion board. Also, check out the Team Avalanche board and start posting/networking with some of them. I think you'll find a lot of help to your questions if you started with those places rather than buried pages within this Tutorial thread.

I welcome you whole-heartily and look forward to seeing more of your work  :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2013-01-04 22:04:21 »
Could you give the link of that desktop background here http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/3586/gjoerulvhardcore.png ? Love it! ;D thanks

Oh, that silly thing? That's just a picture of me. It's not for sale  :evil:

LOL kidding. Here you go: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/743/bd0gv500nc4fbsuins5u4j3.jpg

HollywoodHavoc

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2013-01-07 21:29:56 »
Hey guys, I just bought the 2012 version from the Square Enix store. I got all the way to Step 3 before trying to run BFE.exe and it keeps giving me the error that Bootleg Front End has stopped working. I run a Windows 7 64 bit edition.