Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421670 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #600 on: 2013-04-11 01:03:55 »
Will this scorpicus's Sephiroth mod now?  I ask because I am releasing some new mods for him and I am having trouble mounting the ISO and I know there was some big issues with it for bootleg.  If anyone knows the work around please either post it here or IM me.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #601 on: 2013-04-11 01:43:58 »
I can't replicate the mounting issues. I've honestly tried on my computer and my laptop, but they work fine. So because I don't have something to work with, it's impossible for me to discover what's wrong. The next in line to ask would be PitBrat, but he's on vacation atm.

I don't believe it's a bug related to Bootleg, but rather a compatibility issue with all the different setups an OS can be. Not everyone runs the same computer, ya know? Sorry I can't be of more help  :-\

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2013-04-11 03:56:13 »
It happens just sucks I can't test some of my ideas since not all mods can be supported with the new one.  Guess i'll have to wait I got the mount thing but when I try to change the registry it works but some how the game doesn't recognize it.

Edit: Okay things just got weird.  I fixed the issue with the EXE not recognizing the ISO but then the game goes black like its loading up but then closes.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-11 03:59:48 by genesis063 »

LynxCole

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2013-04-11 04:58:14 »
It happens just sucks I can't test some of my ideas since not all mods can be supported with the new one.  Guess i'll have to wait I got the mount thing but when I try to change the registry it works but some how the game doesn't recognize it.

Edit: Okay things just got weird.  I fixed the issue with the EXE not recognizing the ISO but then the game goes black like its loading up but then closes.

Hey genesis063, man, would you mind telling me how exatly you managed to fix the bootleg to recoginze the mounted iso? If the game doesn't start after that, then it's fine for now because I would still be a step further than I am currently.
 I've had a similar problem for quite some time now but I wouldn't even know how to spell "a mod" so if someone is able to find the solution, then it would rather be you and not me :) thx man

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2013-04-11 05:02:46 »
No problem I forgot that you needed the FF7_CD you can get it from the new to old converter zip.  So I clicked it it opened a prompt and I told it to look in the new driver after I edited the registry.  I have no idea what is wrong I got to virtual ISO programs and still closes when it starts up.  I might have to redo the ISO.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2013-04-11 06:38:11 »
I have no idea what is wrong I got to virtual ISO programs and still closes when it starts up.  I might have to redo the ISO.

Some suggestions of personal experience (the same problem happened to me often):
- Check the sounddriver setting in your FF7config.
- Check if no files are missing in your data folder.

The ISO shouldn't be the problem. The game only wants to know if there is something in your data drive called FF7DISC1.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2013-04-11 07:42:18 »
- Check if no files are missing in your data folder.
How the hell does a non-knower do that?
In my example lacked the "battle.lgp" I know that one belongs there. But how to know that a beginner?

Also missing some registry keys ...

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2013-04-11 08:10:48 »
I don't think he's a non-knower.
May be he has moved some files while he had done some work on his Sephiroth mod.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2013-04-11 12:18:49 »
Maybe when I tried to use the patcher but that doesn't make sense to me since I managed to copy the ISO to a disc and it worked perfectly.  I tried to re apply the patch but it said something about not able to open source file.  I looked at the new folder it made and it didn't have anything in them.  I tried to open the configure and nothing seemed out of place.  I don't know what is going wrong since I managed to copy it to a CD with no problems so i'm baffled that it doesn't mounting it to a driver using the virtual or ultra ISO mounting programs.  I tried administrator and run in compatability and still closes when I launch it.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2013-04-11 23:33:46 »
For all who have problems to start the game after bootleg, see here

fifou44

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2013-04-12 09:50:49 »
I've just fixed my problem by installing PSX music instead of remasterised music.
I was used to install remasterised music from ff7music_install_15112.exe, and so I had the game crashing.
I tried to install remasterised music from ff7music_install_15113.exe and the game wasn't crashing anymore but I had no music instead.
So I installed PSX music from ff7music_install_15113.exe. The game doesn't crash anymore and music is playing.

edit: and, by the way, is that normal that my multi.dll is considered as a trojan to my anti-virus?
edit2 : actually, it didn't fix my problem :(
But now, I can affirm the gamecrash occurs less often!
« Last Edit: 2013-04-12 11:46:43 by fifou44 »

ARamblingFool

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2013-04-12 16:57:05 »
To start with thank you so much EQ2Alyza for such a comprehensive guide, without it and the video I would be at a total loss doing what really SE should have done when they re-released this amazing game!

Unfortunately I am also have some trouble getting it to work, I am up to the point where I select "New Game" the screen goes black, and then nothing, I sometimes get a little alert bleep from windows and then find a pop up saying that "Failed to load BVJF.yog" I have no idea what this means and cant seem to track down any fix, but it does seem to have affected other people out there loading mods.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

This is the contents of my APP.LOG

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x1024, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.605000, frames: 219
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file char/BVJF.a (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: offset error: BVJF.a
ERROR: could not open file BVJF.a
ERROR: unhandled exception

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2013-04-12 20:21:03 »
To start with thank you so much EQ2Alyza for such a comprehensive guide, without it and the video I would be at a total loss doing what really SE should have done when they re-released this amazing game!

Unfortunately I am also have some trouble getting it to work, I am up to the point where I select "New Game" the screen goes black, and then nothing, I sometimes get a little alert bleep from windows and then find a pop up saying that "Failed to load BVJF.yog" I have no idea what this means and cant seem to track down any fix, but it does seem to have affected other people out there loading mods.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

This is the contents of my APP.LOG
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTS 450/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x1024, output resolution 1280x1024, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
INFO: E:\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.605000, frames: 219
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file char/BVJF.a (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: offset error: BVJF.a
ERROR: could not open file BVJF.a
ERROR: unhandled exception

Go here and find (ctrl+f) the file BVJF.a - https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AniNoDVsrYhVdG0zZERUT0tsOF91eHE2WHo4ZWRseWc&gid=4

You will notice that it is an animation file for Tifa's father. Something wasn't installed correctly there, so you will need to star over. Which option did you choose for Base Models? Which animations option did you choose? (very doubtful that even applies to him). Both of these options are found under the Models tab in BFE.exe. I only want to know these things to see if I can replicate your issue. If I can't, I'm unsure how your installation corrupted that animation file.

nobuyuki

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2013-04-12 22:38:24 »
edited:
now I just re-install in my sister's laptop which have higher specs than mine (dualcore).
the only one problem and really bugging me is the movie Opening didn't match with its sound (didn't syncronize), the movie go faster than its sound!
How to fix this? Where the setting for sound movie placed?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-13 00:07:40 by nobuyuki »

ARamblingFool

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2013-04-13 14:30:29 »
Go here and find (ctrl+f) the file BVJF.a - https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AniNoDVsrYhVdG0zZERUT0tsOF91eHE2WHo4ZWRseWc&gid=4

You will notice that it is an animation file for Tifa's father. Something wasn't installed correctly there, so you will need to star over. Which option did you choose for Base Models? Which animations option did you choose? (very doubtful that even applies to him). Both of these options are found under the Models tab in BFE.exe. I only want to know these things to see if I can replicate your issue. If I can't, I'm unsure how your installation corrupted that animation file.

Thanks for such a fast reply! Should I be able to download the file from that link?
I loaded your Presets, with Base Models of "Bootlegged (Best of Show)" and Animations of "Re-Animation Fixes"

I have just tried running the installer again but am getting pretty much the same errors, I am now attempting another install with different Base Models. EDIT: With new setting getting the same error message.

Also while reloading the mods I got an additional Error message in Notepad come up saying:

"ealin_2 patch failed, not original script
frcyo patch failed, not original script
Couldn't dump world_us: mesnot found
Couldn't dump scene: converting to scene failed, gzip decompression error"
I understand It says there can be some error message but I didnt notice this one on the video.

and a popup which i took a screen shot of:

and then this one...

« Last Edit: 2013-04-13 16:53:39 by ARamblingFool »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2013-04-13 16:47:21 »
edited:
now I just re-install in my sister's laptop which have higher specs than mine (dualcore).
the only one problem and really bugging me is the movie Opening didn't match with its sound (didn't syncronize), the movie go faster than its sound!

What option did you choose for FMV Cutscenes? Most of the movie sounds are embedded into the movie file, so there aren't separate sound files to associate with them.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2013-04-13 17:09:41 »
Thanks for such a fast reply! Should I be able to download the file from that link?
I loaded your Presets, with Base Models of "Bootlegged (Best of Show)" and Animations of "Re-Animation Fixes"

I have just tried running the installer again but am getting pretty much the same errors, I am now attempting another install with differnet Base Models.

Also while reloading the mods I got an additional Error message in Notepad come up saying:

"ealin_2 patch failed, not original script
frcyo patch failed, not original script
Couldn't dump world_us: mesnot found
Couldn't dump scene: converting to scene failed, gzip decompression error"
I understand It says there can be some error message but I didnt notice this one on the video.

and a popup which i took a screen shot of:

and then this one...

No, that link is just a spreadsheet that maps out all the file names and what they correspond to in the game.

The notepad errors are from Menu Overhaul (MO.exe) and have been around for a long time. The author (DLPB) says they can be ignored.

Your screenshot is not open to the public when I click on it, and it's a tad small for me to read. I'm unsure why HexChanger is appearing and associating the ryaa file. That is Cait Sith's battle skeleton. I have never seen this error before.

What version of the game are you running?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2013-04-13 17:25:24 »
edited:
you could maybe try downloading a different opening from here and replace the other located inside the Movies folder and see if that fixes it

ARamblingFool

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2013-04-13 17:34:37 »
Oh sorry, changed those permissions, I'm running the 2012 re-release, all official and with proper serial keys. Only downloaded it a couple of weeks ago.

LynxCole

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2013-04-13 17:43:21 »
hey guys, it's me again.

I manage to get it started by now, but once I'm ingame I get problems with the music. In the opening movie the music doesn't keep up with the animation and after that I only get sound effects like sword strike soounds, item gathering sounds etc. but no music at all. I tried the suggestions from other threads on the forum but nothing worked out for me. I also tried re-installing FF7 Music without OSTRE and got the same result. Everything is configured like the tutorial says but somehow I can't get into CONFIG when I run ff7 music.exe - nothing happens when I press the button.

The suggested fixes for the problem seem outdated, because I don't have access to any files proposed for download from the threads for this kind of problem and most of the fixes are already implemented within the 040 version anyway, so it seems. Thanks!

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2013-04-13 21:45:07 »
may need to get newer release of ff7music. After bootleg finishes, reinstall ff7music on top, then u should be able to get into the config and get options.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2013-04-13 22:05:22 »
When everyone here talks about reinstalling to try and fix things, are you deleting the FF7 folder after you uninstall the game and before you start a new install? That folder will still have all the mod files in it, so installing back to it may cause issues.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2013-04-13 23:12:49 »
It also helps to delete your registry entries in between installs just incase. To do that open regedit and go to hkey_local_machine/software/wow6432node/ and delete squaresoft, inc. for x64 users. I don't know where it is for 32 bit.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2013-04-13 23:51:39 »
I run CCleaner, and it does a good job cleaning up the registry entries. I swear, Bootleg is the reason I started using it lol Sooo many reinstalls when I was testing before every release.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2013-04-14 03:53:31 »
What's weird is when I write to a CD or DVD I have no problems getting it to start up.  I found my DVD case with blank ones so just burned the ISO on it and changed the registry and used the FF7_CD and then launched the game and it runs just fine except maybe some missing sounds here and there.  The mounting thing I don't know what's wrong with it and why it won't work.