Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Config v2.3 (Compatible with ReShade)  (Read 177851 times)

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] GeDoSaTo Downsampling + SweetFX Config
« Reply #25 on: 2015-04-21 11:33:54 »
It should only be giving you one new resolution option (at 3840x2160) with different refresh rates.  If it's giving you more, you've messed with your default GeDoSaTo.ini - make sure that is still default and if you want to change settings, change them in FF8_Launch/GeDoSaTo.ini or FF8/GeDoSaTo.ini  Some people try to mess with the default file to get things to work, but I recommend going in fresh.  Anti-Aliasing is already enabled if you put the FF8 and FF8Launch folders into the GeDoSaTo config folder.

Sorry, I missed this. I didn't have any resolution options at the time. All is fine now. A belated Thank You, anyways for offering some insight.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2015-05-01 18:10:33 »
Not sure if you see my post if I modified my post above.

Anyways, everything is good and running perfect with all the other mods, except my battle rendered background look like this...

Any changes i've made have not effected anything else, yet I seem anything I do doesn't sort this out.

It this an issue relating to GeDoSaTo or possibly the Horizon Eden mod? I did leave a message on your youtube but though I might catch a response here quicker.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2015-05-01 18:37:12 by DarkMatta »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #27 on: 2015-05-04 04:43:56 »
Not sure if you see my post if I modified my post above.

Anyways, everything is good and running perfect with all the other mods, except my battle rendered background look like this...

Any changes i've made have not effected anything else, yet I seem anything I do doesn't sort this out.

It this an issue relating to GeDoSaTo or possibly the Horizon Eden mod? I did leave a message on your youtube but though I might catch a response here quicker.

Thanks

The backgrounds I posted are a work in progress - but I guess I could post it as a WIP since I now have a lot more on my plate than before....

DarkMatta

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2015-05-04 11:38:57 »
The backgrounds I posted are a work in progress - but I guess I could post it as a WIP since I now have a lot more on my plate than before....

Ah right. Well that explains it then. I won't deny that it would be good to implement what you have so far(mainly being that staring at pixelated backgrounds is offending my eyes), but of course it's up to you -I don't mind. I suppose you'll need someone other than yourself to see if they all working for other smoothly?

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2015-06-14 13:07:54 »
I fixed the issue.  For me, I had to revert back to FF8_Launcher and then I made a fix for all languages.

Uninstall/Reinstall my mod using the new download:
1.  Delete the FF8_EN (or whatever language yours is.) folder in GeDoSaTo/config
2.  Delete the FF8_Launcher (and/or FF8_Launch2) folder in GeDoSaTo/config
3.  Delete the whitelist_user.txt file in GeDoSaTo/config
4.  Re-download the mod and select your proper language!
5.  Put all of the files in the 'config' folder into your 'GeDoSaTo/config' folder (or just merge the folders).

This should work like a beauty.  If GeDoSaTo is working correctly, you will only have one higher resolution to choose from (at different refresh rates)... so if you have a bunch of different ultra high resolutions that you can pick from (4xxx - 7xxx) etc., then you have the wrong files in the wrong places.

In other words:  Check the new release!  Download for RaW W04 fix!

Hey Mcindus, first of all.. thx for all your mods! they are awesome and work great. The only on issue left is the black box at the right upper corner when i'm using GeDoSaTo. I've tryed your fix but with no luck! its not that big deal, I can switch to desktop and back to the game and the black box isnt there anymore... but it would be nice if I could fix that.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2015-07-06 22:47:51 »
Hi McIndus, thank you for all your hard work. The issue I am having is that while using Gestado Raw Music is no longer working. The music in the opening cutscene worked and sound effects are working. But the rest isn't. So here's what I'm doing, starting up Gestado, then ff8+exe which is giving me the error  "Attempting to load file by name FF8.exe...failed". Then I start up the ff8_launcher and the game. So yea, no music, not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I installed Raw 04 I put the two filed in my ff8 directory then I ran the launcher as an administrator and selected DLPB's selection.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-06 22:58:17 by olearyf2525 »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #31 on: 2015-07-07 10:24:06 »
Hi McIndus, thank you for all your hard work. The issue I am having is that while using Gestado Raw Music is no longer working. The music in the opening cutscene worked and sound effects are working. But the rest isn't. So here's what I'm doing, starting up Gestado, then ff8+exe which is giving me the error  "Attempting to load file by name FF8.exe...failed". Then I start up the ff8_launcher and the game. So yea, no music, not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I installed Raw 04 I put the two filed in my ff8 directory then I ran the launcher as an administrator and selected DLPB's selection.

After you select DLPB's selection, you must change the version from 2000 to 2013, because the setting gets put back to 2000 by default.  Try reinstalling and go through the steps you described above - it sounds like you're on the right track.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2015-07-07 13:31:23 »
After you select DLPB's selection, you must change the version from 2000 to 2013, because the setting gets put back to 2000 by default.  Try reinstalling and go through the steps you described above - it sounds like you're on the right track.
Yesterday I read through the Roses and Wine thread so it must of been something like you said. I changed the INI to point to ff8_en or whatever instead of ff8.exe. Thank you McIndus.

amborgeson

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2015-07-11 06:42:52 »
Edit: Nevermind, I seem to have some other problem, I just verified this happens even with out GeDoSaTo installed. Though if any one has a clue and wants to chime in, it'd be appreciated.

So I'm having a problem, when I try to run FF8 (or FF7) with GeDoSaTo active, I get this message when the game actually starts (After clicking play on the launcher screen): "Failed to Create useful Direct3D device"

There is a black screen, a windows error box with that message, and the mouse is invisible. Hitting return or escape closes the screen out and returns to the launcher.

And to be clear, this is the Steam version. And I just updated to the latest GeDoSaTo.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-11 07:04:48 by amborgeson »

Falkenauge

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2015-08-18 09:49:11 »

I'm doing exactly but that is in the instructions in the launcher, I can not select a higher resolution 1920x1080 except when activated GeDoSaTo. can someone help me further? :(

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2015-08-22 20:17:32 »
Is there a way to use this with ff7?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2015-08-23 11:09:10 »
You should be able to use it for the steam version. For the original PC release is Aali's driver enough, because it has the option to Downsample already implemented and supports any resolution. For SweetFX effects I recommend http://reshade.me/

fadedreplays

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2015-09-22 16:43:12 »
Helllo Mcindus. First of all id like to say awesome job on all the mods. Im just having a lot of trouble getting this one to work. I updated to RaW final version then copied config folder and merged. Launch Gedosato or w.e and then the FF+ launcher and im not getting an option for the 2x res. I get a black console box that says something failed though. Not a huge deal but this mod is a nice bow on top of all the others. Hope you can help thanks.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #38 on: 2015-09-23 00:22:55 »
Helllo Mcindus. First of all id like to say awesome job on all the mods. Im just having a lot of trouble getting this one to work. I updated to RaW final version then copied config folder and merged. Launch Gedosato or w.e and then the FF+ launcher and im not getting an option for the 2x res. I get a black console box that says something failed though. Not a huge deal but this mod is a nice bow on top of all the others. Hope you can help thanks.

Did you make sure you entered/used the proper resolution in the config file?  It replaces the 640x480 resolution, so when you open your resolution settings in FF8, the pull-down should have a list of your new available resolutions if you scroll to the bottom.  What is your monitor's resolution/refresh rate? Do you have a screenshot of your FF8 settings?  BTW the 'failed' is a normal part of how DLPB's HextLaunch tool works - it will say that until you hit 'play' in the launcher.

Cloudz

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2016-01-14 13:26:22 »
hello plz help :) my monitor is 1920x1080 60hz 32 inches (i dont think it matters anyway) can i play with gedosato at 7680x4320 ? can you copy paste the ini files or something?cause im really confused thanks !

SpoonyOrbit

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2016-02-14 09:01:45 »
The rar file download has expired.  Can someone provide a link to a working download.  Also, many of the links for FF8 mods are expired.
The link takes me to 13tomidnight and at the top it says this domain name expired on 2/7/2016 and is pending renewal or deletion.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-14 09:21:57 by spoonyrogdrumps »

willblanko

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2016-02-19 03:22:45 »
The rar file download has expired.  Can someone provide a link to a working download.  Also, many of the links for FF8 mods are expired.
The link takes me to 13tomidnight and at the top it says this domain name expired on 2/7/2016 and is pending renewal or deletion.

UP  :cry:

SpoonyOrbit

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2016-02-20 06:40:41 »
UP  :cry:

Not sure what you mean by UP.  I was able to get other mods installed and working.  I found other places to download the mods but not this one so it can work with SweetFX and Tonberry.  The game still looks a lot better so I'm cool with it.  Can't wait for FFIX to come out on steam.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #43 on: 2016-02-21 05:03:57 »
Links are working again. Sorry about the delay, guys.

SpoonyOrbit

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2016-02-22 15:45:05 »
Links are working again. Sorry about the delay, guys.

Thanks Mcindus for updating that.  Much appreciated.  I also have a question for you.
I'm using Tonberry 2.04.
The collisions csv.  Does that go in the hasmaps file folder or directly into the Tonberry folder?

Can't wait to replay this game.  Also can't wait until FFIX comes out on Steam.  I check every now and then to see if it's available for purchase.
Also, is there a way to make a donation for your work?

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-22 15:47:15 by spoonyrogdrumps »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #45 on: 2016-02-22 19:01:38 »
Thanks Mcindus for updating that.  Much appreciated.  I also have a question for you.
I'm using Tonberry 2.04.
The collisions csv.  Does that go in the hasmaps file folder or directly into the Tonberry folder?

Can't wait to replay this game.  Also can't wait until FFIX comes out on Steam.  I check every now and then to see if it's available for purchase.
Also, is there a way to make a donation for your work?

Thanks again.

No problem, just wish I had the time to fix it sooner! (or you know... not lose my domain lol).  So, the files collisions.csv and hash2map.csv should both be in your tonberry folder and NOT in the hashmaps folder.  This will prevent many collisions between Project Eden, SeeD, etc.

And yes, there is a donate link in every main post of my other mods... but let me post it here to make it easy ;)
Donate!

Also - I think we might be able to use Tonberry with FFIX - and since the characters seem to have higher poly counts than in the original release, I have really high hopes for Tonberry/FF9 modding!

Enjoy your new playthrough!

rslink

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2016-04-15 06:08:14 »
I'm having some trouble using this with tonberry, every time I try to stat the game using both i get "An unknown exception has occurred"
I've tried disabling post processing, am I just missing something simple?

tobberry .dll files are in the root of ff8 steam folder, texture replacing works with out gedosato.
config file is installed to gedosato properly, and it works without the tonberry .dll files.

Black_8

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2016-04-22 15:18:15 »
I downloaded the file and "unpacked" everything but I don't know where the .exe files are... Maybe this is a noob Q but all I have is the 1 file and it seems to already be setup as the instructions indicate I need to do... As in, when I extracted the files, once I click the language folder all three files referenced in the instructions are there ( ff8_EN, ff8 launcher, and whitelist.txt) . However I don't have anything else. Where is this GoDoSaToTool.exe and where do I put these files? Data folder? Game folder? I need a push in the right direction... I'm accustomed to using mod managers and Load orders and I've already installed Tonberry and Sweetfx so now I want to make sure they are compatible and that everything else I install is as well. Can someone walk me through the entire process of installing GoDoSaTo for an Idiot?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #48 on: 2016-04-22 20:40:04 »
I downloaded the file and "unpacked" everything but I don't know where the .exe files are... Maybe this is a noob Q but all I have is the 1 file and it seems to already be setup as the instructions indicate I need to do... As in, when I extracted the files, once I click the language folder all three files referenced in the instructions are there ( ff8_EN, ff8 launcher, and whitelist.txt) . However I don't have anything else. Where is this GoDoSaToTool.exe and where do I put these files? Data folder? Game folder? I need a push in the right direction... I'm accustomed to using mod managers and Load orders and I've already installed Tonberry and Sweetfx so now I want to make sure they are compatible and that everything else I install is as well. Can someone walk me through the entire process of installing GoDoSaTo for an Idiot?

There is an external link for GeDoSaTo if you scroll down to 'Instructions' on the main page here - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15988.msg225101#msg225101  Click the "Here" link in step 1.  Also, I don't believe you can use the SweetFX plugins that were created for FF8 from the Steam forums AND Tonberry - but when you download GeDoSaTo, it has it's own SweetFX selections internally that you can enable (which are very close if not identical to the options in a regular SweetFX build).  Anyway, download from the link I provided on the OP and give it a go.

Black_8

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2016-04-23 22:36:36 »
... I realize now, that HERE icon is what contains the bulk of GeDoSaTo... Thanks for replying back respectfully and I apologize for not paying attention..

However.... I have now installed this MOD and the new Tonberry 2.04 following all of the instructions in regards to its installation but I am having no change once I install the Essential MODS referenced in the Tonberry 2.04 Thread (Eden, Seed Reborn, Triad, etc...) I put there textures in the Textures folder within the FF8 Directory and the 2 separate types of hash files within the referenced Tonberry Folder within the FF8 Directory. The game starts up but none of the MODs are active. I find the Enhanced Tonberry MOD is easier but there is something I have missed... I have just reinstalled the game and am going to start from scratch. would you be willing to walk me through step by step for these 6-7 MODs? I am running a 4k tv as a monitor and want this to look as good as possible on 65". I don't fully understand the GeDoSaTo Scaling because when I read the description I'm thinking I need to be using the highest resolution option (7680x4320) because its x2 my native resolution... But that doesn't give me full screen, just a small window. But when I select the 3840x2160 option it works but I feel like it didn't improve anything..

The above is just the beginning of my frustration. Ive spent that last 4 days circling my chair and researching the net trying to find some current tutorials on Tonberry 2.04 and MODs but there isn't a tutorial that gives the blank slate install of FF8 and MODs as of 2016. Everything is based on the original Tonberry and the new Tonberry gives updates and references the original as to how it operates but if that was the case then I wouldn't be here. I will add that if it weren't for me trying to run GeDoSaTo I would just use the original Tonberry v1.5 and install the MOD textures and be done with it but I don't want to have constant crashes and I want Steam Overlay active.

I know this is a small thing I am making into a big issue but I'm tired and ready to play and am eager to get this game up and running the way you play yours!

PM me or something for other lines of communication like email if you aren't opposed to the sort.

Thanks again Mcindus