Miscellaneous Forums > Gameplay

[FFVIII-PCSteam] Different music to a specific battle?

(1/3) > >>

Hazedge:
Hey guys, I've created some time ago a post about how to add more music to the game, since no one answered that I had another idea and needed some help with it.
I have the Cactilio v0.2 and can change the battle units, but is there a way to choose which music will play in that specific unit?
My idea is: I'm making some secret Boss Fights in some places, when killing then you earn some great prizes. For then I wanted to play "512 Galbadia GARDEN (Alternate - UNUSED)" (I edited this music for this secret boss fight) instead of a normal fight ost.

Leythalknight:
If the fight is triggered through interacting with something on the field (like Cerberus, Bahamut, etc.), you can use the opcode SETBATTLEMUSIC to change what music plays.

The only other way I can think of would involve using enemy attacks programmed to change the music, like those used in the final boss fight series.

Hazedge:

--- Quote from: Leythalknight on 2018-10-26 00:07:38 ---If the fight is triggered through interacting with something on the field (like Cerberus, Bahamut, etc.), you can use the opcode SETBATTLEMUSIC to change what music plays.

The only other way I can think of would involve using enemy attacks programmed to change the music, like those used in the final boss fight series.

--- End quote ---
You mean the only way is using 'SETBATTLEMUSIC' inside a enemy AI, putting it in 'Init' tab?

Leythalknight:

--- Quote from: Hazedge on 2018-10-26 05:25:44 ---You mean the only way is using 'SETBATTLEMUSIC' inside a enemy AI, putting it in 'Init' tab?

--- End quote ---

Nah, with Deling. That's why it has to be something you trigger in a field map.

Since the last boss fights use enemy attacks to change the music, I assume there's no "change music" command for enemy AI.

Hazedge:

--- Quote from: Leythalknight on 2018-10-26 16:51:55 ---Nah, with Deling. That's why it has to be something you trigger in a field map.

Since the last boss fights use enemy attacks to change the music, I assume there's no "change music" command for enemy AI.

--- End quote ---
Alright, with Deling only...
Is there a post that teaches how to do so? To trigger a music in a specific battle group?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version