Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII | Custom Title Screen Image  (Read 17638 times)

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII | Custom Title Screen Image
« on: 2013-03-25 15:33:41 »
Hello,

After successfully modding my copy of Final Fantasy VII for PC, I decided to make a custom background for the title screen.

Here it is, for all to also have if they wish.

Let me know what you think! Enjoy. :)

~CoryGuy
« Last Edit: 2013-03-25 16:34:12 by TheCoryGuy »

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
Re: Final Fantasy VII | Custom Title Screen Image
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-25 16:18:25 »
PC version, I assume?

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-25 16:34:20 »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-25 19:37:18 »
Love that box in the middle looks cool! ;D

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-25 19:52:19 »
Very beautiful! I wish that box was functional too though :)

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-03-25 20:13:19 »
Very beautiful! I wish that box was functional too though :)

Its just a backdrop for the text already there. The shadows SHOULD align with the PC Version menu options. :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-03-25 21:16:34 »
This is pretty sweet. I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of Advent Children assets on the original game, but even so it looks great.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-03-25 22:08:50 »
It's decent but since it is Advent Children it doesn't belong in this game.  The style of VII matters.  It is the same with the models, some of which look way out of place in VII when they are not based on original.

Rayved

• It ain't easy being cheesy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-03-26 02:02:37 »
It's decent but since it is Advent Children it doesn't belong in this game.  The style of VII matters.  It is the same with the models, some of which look way out of place in VII when they are not based on original.

Isn't this a place for all kind of mods to exist and for everyone to choose which is better for themselves? I understand that it doesn't belong in YOUR game but come on, this is his project. Why do you always talk like everything annoys you? You've done this to me in the past.

Good job TheCoryGuy

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-03-26 02:48:58 »
His oppinion is also valid. It's not as if he said "You are shitty and I hope you never walk again".

Rayved

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-03-26 03:11:51 »
"it doesn't belong in this game.  The style of VII matters." That doesn't sound like a constructive opinion. Everybody here's working on reinventing the game from their own vision.

TheCoryGuy asked for people's opinion about his project. He didn't ask to be told in different words that what he did should not exist.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 03:25:08 by Rayved »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-03-26 03:42:23 »
I am all for people choosing to use this mod or not.  Like any mod, they are free to or not (I have had my fair share of people telling me they are angry at some of my own changes), I just get a bit tired of seeing Advent Children (and the other spin offs) shoe horned into the original game.  Rayved is right, I should not have made the comment, but the point still stands that I believe it is ridiculous (absolutely ridiculous) to keep placing Advent and spin off material into the original game.  I know why people do it.  They see the higher res graphics and instantly want that kind of quality in the original game (it looks "cool"), but that ain't ever gonna happen.  Once you get into the game you are back to the original 320*224 backgrounds with low poly models.  The feel of the game is much more important than having a few high res graphics that are from an entirely different art style (not manga), not to mention that AC shit all over FF7 with its joke of a story.  What I am trying to say is that ultimately these mods do not suit FF7 and end up looking completely out of place.  I made my own AC avatars years ago as well, before I wised up. Advent Children has nothing to do with the original game.  So yeah, I am annoyed at it and I usually bite my tongue. 

I also passed comment on his actual work.  It is decent.  For people who do not have the issue I do above, it will be a welcome modification.   I did not say it should not exist, I said that it did not belong in FF7 (as in totally not suited, like most of the graphic mods around here such as avatars, models).  In other words, I was having a rant, but I have it out of my system now. I should have just bit my tongue again. Enjoy the mod.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-27 03:10:46 by DLPB »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #12 on: 2013-03-26 08:14:37 »
Haha... so much for a background! Nice work though. ;)

Lazy Bastard

• I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
    • View Profile
    • GameHacking.org
« Reply #13 on: 2013-03-26 15:15:43 »
His oppinion is also valid. It's not as if he said "You are sh*tty and I hope you never walk again".

Heh, agreed.

I also don't like AC stuff jammed into the original, though in this case the OP just used an image and presumably not any storyline content, and as such it isn't such a bad thing. I mean, the original FMVs are higher-quality than the original gameplay, and we still get used to that (and as a matter of fact, the game starts with such an FMV, after which you're greeted by chibi polygons and flat backgrounds, and we still love the game). Running around in-game is a little about using your imagination.

As a side-note, FF7 was made by Squaresoft, not Square-Enix as in the image posted (though AC was made by Square-Enix, so perhaps such credit is still warranted with the inclusion of the image itself).

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-03-26 15:36:37 »
TheCoryGuy I see you are a relatively new member. Don't be discouraged from releasing things, just some good conversation ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-03-26 16:51:00 »
Hmm maybe you could create an original game themed one with the same layout? The original Cloud and Sep on the front...? That would be a good choice alternative to this one.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-26 18:29:32 by DLPB »

Rayved

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013-03-26 22:01:10 »
It's all cool

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013-03-27 02:50:46 »
Thanks to all who replied. I've seen some of DLPB's posts across threads. I'm not concerned. Heh.

Glad you all like the background. I think it fits great. Sephiroth and Cloud seem to be in Final Fantasy VII I think, I just can't remember where, but included them in the picture anyways. Thought it'd look cool.

In any case, it's unnerving regardless to see people bicker. Seems I see it on every forum I go to instead of reading people actually sticking to topic. I think the forum itself knows this by automatically assigning the title of "no life". Haha. Strange.

Much love. If any moderators see this, please lock the thread. Thank you! :)

narcku

• Like what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013-03-27 03:51:10 »
Thanks to all who replied. I've seen some of DLPB's posts across threads. I'm not concerned. Heh.

Glad you all like the background. I think it fits great. Sephiroth and Cloud seem to be in Final Fantasy VII I think, I just can't remember where, but included them in the picture anyways. Thought it'd look cool.

In any case, it's unnerving regardless to see people bicker. Seems I see it on every forum I go to instead of reading people actually sticking to topic. I think the forum itself knows this by automatically assigning the title of "no life". Haha. Strange.

Much love. If any moderators see this, please lock the thread. Thank you! :)
Uuu... You hurt :( ?
The title screen looks ok I guess. Seems a bit blurry to me  :-o though.
Uhh.. don't mind me. Lock the thread please  :mrgreen:

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013-03-27 14:46:18 »
Uuu... You hurt :( ?
The title screen looks ok I guess. Seems a bit blurry to me  :-o though.
Uhh.. don't mind me. Lock the thread please  :mrgreen:

No, I'm not hurt. Read what others were saying above and notice the dispute I'm just playing into.  :-o

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013-03-27 18:53:59 »
No one said anything negative about your actual work.  In fact, quite the opposite.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013-03-27 23:34:18 »
Would be cool if this was used as a custom title screen image original style
« Last Edit: 2013-03-28 16:48:53 by e1sunz »