Author Topic: Hey guys, a couple questions.  (Read 6181 times)

JimLuc T Kirkard

• View Profile
Hey guys, a couple questions.
« on: 2014-08-25 03:21:32 »
I spent a few hours last night getting the mods that BFE said to get. Now that it's installed them all, there are a couple issues. I suppose one's not really an issue so much as a preference, however. The preference one is when I open the game it plays a cutscene that starts with Cloud on a train. I don't want this, I want the credits rolling to the FF theme music like I chose in the BFE. Also the music isn't playing (anxiousheart pro) and it goes to window mode. I (sort of) fixed the window mode thing by disabling fullscreen, but it still does a window and isn't in the widescreen format I set it to. I was hoping to set it to not be in a window mode at all and display in widescreen for when I plug my computer up to my TV via HDMI. Here's a screenshot:

The black box was another issue, but there was already a thread on that.

It is truly amazing what has been done here. I was playing it on a borrowed PS3 the other day and googled FF7 HD and a link to this came up in an article on Kotaku.

Also, on a side note, some of the zip files said "files missing" on BFE. I wasn't watching it real close, but some were FF7 Enhanced FMVs, I believe. With the music thing I went into FF7 music as suggested on another thread to choose the file, and they appear to already be chosen.

edit: Here's my CFG if it helps.
Code: [Select]
# ff7_opengl-0.7.11b config file - modified by Bootleg

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 960
#internal_size_x = 3840
#internal_size_y = 2160
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = no
#window_pos_x = -1
#window_pos_y = -1
#widescreen_hack = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = bootleg

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes
#refresh_rate = 60

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = off

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no
#new_hp_limit = yes
#new_mp_limit = yes

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = off

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
enable_postprocessing = no
post_source = shaders/SmartBloom.post
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag
frag_source = shaders/main.frag
vert_source = shaders/main.vert

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes
#enable_lighting = yes
#show_light_rays = yes
#show_normals = yes
#show_tbn_space = yes
#max_lights = 12

#Variable Functions#
#specular_fog = yes
#texture_scale_bias = 1
#texture_coordinate_clamp = yes
#pixel_texture_bits = 32
#generate_mipmap = yes
#detail_texture = yes
#shader_precision = yes
#tessellation_program5 = yes
#multisample_coverage = yes
#multisample_filter_hint = yes
#texture_filter_anisotropic = yes
#texture_edge_clamp = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no
skip_frames = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = no

# use pixel buffer objects to speed up texture loading
# will probably crash horribly on ATI cards but should work for NVIDIA users
use_pbo = yes
use_vbo = no

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

# Disable Error Notifications
disable_popup = on

# Load Multiple DLLs
load_library = Multi.dll

EDIT: Fixed the music code by going into FF7music and setting it from"anxiousheart" to "bootleg". I don't really know if this changed the way the music sounds, but it's not really that important if there's music. As far as the other problems go, I took a screen of all the mods required for my setup. Here they are:

As far as the opening video, I don't recall ticking anything that would have changed that. I had the prelude credits set to "Grimmy Tifa".

EDIT: Here's my app.log code.

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
ERROR: failed to set fullscreen mode
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2622
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 41, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\ff7\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 25.000000 FPS, duration: 153.685333, frames: 3842
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: yuv program link log:
No errors.

WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

I guess I should have clarified that I want the original battle menu from the game if that's possible. It doesn't feel like Final Fantasy without it.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-25 09:03:23 by JimLuc T Kirkard »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys, a couple questions.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-25 20:08:54 »
The new battle menu is part of the Menu Overhaul, and as far as I know, cannot be disabled. The opening cutscene (after the Eidos Logo, I believe you mean) replaces the Square Soft/Chocobos intro. You can copy sqlogo.avi from your discs into the movie folder to fix it. I believe deleting the file will also work. As for the resolution. 1280*960 is a 4:3 aspect ratio, not widescreen. For music not working, this could be a number of reasons. Also, which version are you playing?

JimLuc T Kirkard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-26 02:57:49 »
The new battle menu is part of the Menu Overhaul, and as far as I know, cannot be disabled. The opening cutscene (after the Eidos Logo, I believe you mean) replaces the Square Soft/Chocobos intro. You can copy sqlogo.avi from your discs into the movie folder to fix it. I believe deleting the file will also work. As for the resolution. 1280*960 is a 4:3 aspect ratio, not widescreen. For music not working, this could be a number of reasons. Also, which version are you playing?

The non Steam one. I tried setting the video to 1080x720 and still had the problem. I deleted the edoslogo and it went to the fixed up credits one but not the tifagrimmy, but not too worried about it. I also enabled the new battle system and it fixes the black box problem somewhat except it still does it as the XP screen comes up. There's also a black area at the bottom of the window permanently. Music is also working now. The black box problem and full screen are the only two problems I have now.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-26 19:10:41 »
Is the new battle interface setting enabled in the config? About the fullscreen, I'm kinda lost here, but maybe someone else knows. Try setting window size to the same as your screen?

JimLuc T Kirkard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-08-26 23:57:31 »
Is the new battle interface setting enabled in the config? About the fullscreen, I'm kinda lost here, but maybe someone else knows. Try setting window size to the same as your screen?

I enabled the new battle interface and the black box disappeared from the battle menu but appears for a second when
the XP screen comes up. There's also a black portion at the bottom of the window permanently like the bottom half of letterbox. Once that and the full screen are fixed I can finally beat this. I had it on PSP but lost my data after I left the theme park and got the buggy. I adjusted the window size but it always goes to the same size anyway. I even tried disabling full screen and aspect ratio. I get the feeling if full screen is disabled the start menu is still gonna be at the bottom of the screen and was really hoping for the full cinematic experience.

Edit: Okay, fullscreen fixed. I set it to my native screen resolution. I have one problem left, and that's the infernal black bar.

So here's what it is. This black bar is at the bottom except on the credits roll. It isn't there in battle, except for:

when you first enter a battle. That black bar shrinks to reveal the hero and enemies. It then disappears until the end of the battle after Cloud swings his sword around.

At this point it gets larger like that and then the rewards screen comes up and that bar fades into the background. I have all the defaults set on Bootloader except for preserve ratio and the resolution. When I tick the preserve ratio button, the black bar is still there, but it also adds the ones to the side, which I know it's supposed to do that, but the one at the bottom stays is my point.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-27 03:32:30 by JimLuc T Kirkard »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-01 13:33:06 »
Whoops, I didn't see your reply until now.

Those black bars are normal behavior. The black bar in the field has always been there, and the one in battle is due to how the game handles the new interface. It may or may not get fixed in the future, but it's honestly no big deal.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-09-01 13:44:47 »
It's already fixed with the new Menu Overhaul from the Reunion and Aali's latest driver.
The blackbar on field is theoretically possible to remove but this needs a tool which can dynamically change the resolution of the game and the window in which the game has to be run.

JimLuc T Kirkard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-09-22 05:44:56 »
It's already fixed with the new Menu Overhaul from the Reunion and Aali's latest driver.
The blackbar on field is theoretically possible to remove but this needs a tool which can dynamically change the resolution of the game and the window in which the game has to be run.

To my knowledge I have the latest versions of those, but if not, how do I upgrade individual mods without repeating the whole mod process?