Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 842384 times)

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.39b)
« Reply #1050 on: 2018-04-11 05:40:16 »
Yeah, and recreate texture sets to match the environments from the prerendered backgrounds. Proper UV's.
I was forced to recreate in the environments in 3D anyways for ffix: tza the fmvs, considering it has different characters; look at the CGI, those as close to visual 3D of the environments in FF9 as one would get, without always seeing static positions. So, best start is to observe those, get a ball rolling and build off that.

It seems like it might be worth setting up a new topic then, instead of filling this one with our discussion.

I've had a look around, but I can't find any 3D or art related things for ffix: tza, do you happen to have anything online I can view at all? I'm curious how close you got to the FF9 environments, as I'm doing things myself recently, and thinking about eventually trying to get a few other people onboard if possible.

I'm not sure what you mean by proper UV's, do you that the originals are just renders so there is no UV data?
Creating textures to match the visuals shouldn't be difficult, most of the time, but its a given that anything we make is probably going to differ a little bit.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-03 13:26:21 by DanTsukasa »

Incinerator

« Reply #1051 on: 2018-04-11 11:20:46 »
It seems like it might be worth setting up a new topic then, instead of filling this one with our discussion.

That other point was answering Tirlititi.

I've had a look around, but I can't find any 3D or art related things for ffix: tza, do you happen to have anything online I can view at all?

I use to, last year, around November. But then, no, I kept it all on the DL (just on my pc), to not waste anyone's time looking it over.

I'm curious how close you got to the FF9 environments,

Since November of last year, I've only gotten to FMV scene: Brahne summons Atomos~Lindblum.
But had to go back and redo some of them (not all, just the ones with Zidane in it, y'know like the one at the Lindblum/Telescope~Disc 1) with the recent update of two characters in scene.
Oh it doesn't matter anyways.

as I'm doing things myself recently, and thinking about eventually trying to get a few other people onboard if possible.

Thing is, I only do it for ffix:tza, as that is the only motivation there that keeps me going. If I try to switch and do it all for the vanilla game, I will lose interest, I just know I will. It's happened 3 times already. Not that I hate the vanilla, NO, I now just wanted to tell a story through ff9~my story. Whilst keeping ff9's main story intact. If you get it.

Creating textures to match the visuals shouldn't be difficult, most of the time, but its a given that anything we make is probably going to differ a little bit,

Yeah not much hard; but also never delivers 1:1.

Incinerator

« Reply #1052 on: 2018-04-12 00:26:32 »
Tirlititi, what is the field:
"Opening- For FMV"?

Whenever I select 'Edit Script' on it, HW crashes.

And is there a way to make the game save a variable value without needing to physically change fields?
Alternatively; does the game need to be hard saved or auto saved to remember a "set VAR = 1" function?

I want to set an unused variable to value "1" just before calling to Field(16000) Thing is, the game will never autosave Field(16000)
And the game needs to remember it set the variable to "1"

my setup (brief):
Code: [Select]
Battle (1, 938)
set VAR_[unused] variable = 1
Field( 16000 )

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2018-04-12 11:12:23 »
It's the field that is loaded when hitting the "New Game" button. It basically launches the opening cinematic and move to Prima Vista/Cargo Room.
It used to work fine. I guess that it crashes because it has no background or walkmesh ; I'll fix it.

Variables of type "General" (Var_Gen...) are the ones saved in saved games. It doesn't matter whether it's an auto-save or a moogle save.
I'm not really sure what you're doing that for. If you want to have a "New Game +" feature, setting a flag before an auto-save is not the way to go because auto-saves make sure that both executions are ran with the same setup (you can't distinguish between the 1st execution and the execution after the player hits the "Continue" button).

Incinerator

« Reply #1054 on: 2018-04-13 01:41:16 »
Variables of type "General" (Var_Gen...) are the ones saved in saved games. It doesn't matter whether it's an auto-save or a moogle save.

Thanks for the notice, Tirlititi.
I got it working, still!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROhbEC5p_60

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 2018-04-13 08:56:40 »
Hello Tirlititi! Thank you for this awesome tool! Thank to you I  have finally got the occasion to put Blank in and I'm so excited bout that! Now I have a few questions.. hope you will help me!

1) In the Invicible the function "Set Party Member etc" doesn't work... everywhere i put the code, the game won't start after the "squaresoft" logo.. there's the black screen, no music or something else.. why?
2) I tried to take a look of the follow tutorial "How to place characters on the field" but I seriously don't know why, it won't appear..? I made a new object (the number 2, as you said), i tried to put two new voices in the script, the first with the following code for blank "Init", the second is the command "Speak" I tried to copy and paste this one

Function Blank_SpeakBTN
    ifnot ( IsMovementEnabled ) {
        return
    }
    set VAR_A6_158 = 0
    if ( VAR_A6_159 == 1 ) {
        DisableMove(  )
        if ( VAR_A6_144 == 0 ) {
            DisableMenu(  )
        } else {
            Wait( 1 )
        }
    }
    0x27( 127 )
    TurnTowardObject( 250, 32 )
    WaitTurn(  )
    WindowSync( 0, 128, 199 )
    set VAR_A6_158 = 1
    if ( VAR_A6_159 == 1 ) {
        if ( VAR_A6_156 == 0 ) {
            EnableMove(  )
            0x27( 255 )
            if ( VAR_A6_144 == 0 ) {
                EnableMenu(  )
            }
        }
    }
    return

to try..but doesn't work??? Why???
3) "NPC models corresponding to a Party's member"... I was wondering, how works exactly for Blank?

And for the Scenes, for example "Pandemonium" if I want to put him (You know, like you did for Beatrix) how do I do? And in the battle?

4) Last, for now.. there's a way to edit the portraits of the characters from menu etc? ( http://abload.de/img/retroarch-0424-150004neswt.png )

Thank you if you will help, I'm kinda new at modding especially FFIX but I'd like to try and test!
« Last Edit: 2018-04-13 13:47:40 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1056 on: 2018-04-13 19:19:47 »

4) Last, for now.. there's a way to edit the portraits of the characters from menu etc? ( http://abload.de/img/retroarch-0424-150004neswt.png )

Easy. In sharedassets.assets (open with the Unity Viewer) Extract file FaceAtlas; rename to .png. When finished, must remove the '.png' extension to be imported back in. Portraits must be on the same scale, or will not fit.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2018-04-13 19:31:23 »
Easy. In sharedassets.assets (open with the Unity Viewer) Extract file FaceAtlas; rename to .png. When finished, must remove the '.png' extension to be imported back in. Portraits must be on the same scale, or will not fit.

Thank you for the kind and quick reply! Please, i'm stupid... tell me.. which one of these??

And, another question.. when I try to export a file nothing happens.. I mean, I click export and..no reactions.. why?

UPDATE

Ok, I tried to click the Import button, and I see the folder "HadesWorkshopAssets" so the files are here.. but when I finished to modify the pictures how does work to put in the game back? :)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-13 19:35:38 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1058 on: 2018-04-14 05:53:09 »
Since HW Unity Viewer still only modifies assets in the x86 folder, that file must be moved to x64 directory after import to see the results.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2018-04-14 07:52:29 »
Ok, thank you! I give a try and I'll let you know. Meanwhile I hope someone will help me for the other questions even if I know probably it may takes time :P

« Last Edit: 2018-04-15 09:31:54 by ToraCarol »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2018-04-14 12:34:26 »
Ok, so lot's of things there :/

1) The problem lies somewhere else. Modifying the script should have no impact on what happens after the SquareEnix logo. Script modifications are in the file "p0data7.bin" and, if you get an "Assembly-CSharp.dll", that means you're modifying something else.
I don't know what could cause this bug with the latest version of HW. You may try to update your FF9 game by going to your Steam's game library -> right-click on FF9 -> Properties -> Check the integrity of local files. It will update the game to the latest Steam release and replace the modded files (it won't remove the .hws files and it's always better to have your mod in that format as well ("File -> Save Mod" in HW)).

2) So, if I understand correctly, nothing happens in-game if you do that? No bug, but nothing changed?
If so, it may be because of:
- Either your "Blank_Init" function is wrong ; since your "Blank_SpeakBTN" is correct, I feel that you did the other one just fine,
- Or you forgot to add a line "InitObject" in the "Main_Init" function: you should have a look at it and see a bunch of those "InitObject" lines, each corresponding to some 3D model on the field,
- Or you made the mod in one language and play the game in another one (the default language is "English (US)" in HW, you can change that in the "Files -> Preferences"). Scripts are language-dependant.
- Or, as Incinerator said, you copy the files in the "x86" folder of the game while playing in "x64" mode. If you copy the modded files in both folders, you're sure to be good in that regard.

3) It's a bit complicated: Blank uses the same slot as Amarant, so you can't have them both in the team at the same moment. Since Amarant is already there (as a party member) in the Pandemonium scripts, the best is to consider Blank as a NPC if you want to add him in cutscenes.
There is only one feature that is different between playable characters and NPCs in the scripts: it's the possibility to refer to an entry (in that case, a 3D object) that corresponds to the characters in your party. In the "InitObject" line, for instance, one can use "InitObject( 251, 0 )" to refer to the 1st character in the party, instead of doing things like:
if (IsInParty(0)) { // If Zidane is in the party
    InitObject( 10, 0 ) // Init the 3D object and functions corresponding to Zidane
}
if (IsInParty(1)) { // If Vivi is in the party
    InitObject( 11, 0 ) // Init the 3D object and functions corresponding to Vivi
}
// etc...
Except for that feature, NPCs and PCs are handled the same way.

4) That picture is in the "sharedassets2" archive (like most of this kind of pictures).
When you "right-click -> Export selection", it exports the file in the folder "HadesWorkshopAssets" (in the game's directory) as you saw. You may edit the file from there (if you have the option "Automatically convert images to PNG", as I recommand, you should be able to edit the file with any image editing tool). In order to re-import the modded file in the archive, you must be sure that this modded file is in the "HadesWorkshopAssets" folder at the same place and with the same name as when exported (in this case, there should be no ".png" extension because the file doesn't have an extension in his name in the archive). Then just "right-click -> Import Selection" should popup a message, either saying it was successfully imported or saying that it failed.
The general politic is that the Unity Assets Viewer expect the re-imported file to be in the same format as the exported file, ie. it expects a PNG image if you have the "Automatically convert images to PNG" enabled.
And to complete, the archives are indeed duplicated (except for the "Streaming Assets" archives) in two folders, "x64" and "x86" and only one of them is used by the game. You may switch folders in the Unity Assets Viewer in its options, or you may indeed copy-paste the modded archive to the other folder as well.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2018-04-14 13:07:04 »
Thank you for all the kind replies (and the patience too) I'll give a check and, as always, let you know!

UPDATE

What about change font on Steam? Is it possible?

« Last Edit: 2018-04-18 17:43:35 by ToraCarol »

Tedrainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2018-04-19 08:11:24 »
Tirlititi-- Please help me.
I change the values as shown but the stats problem does not change at all in the menu that follows

Is Vivi base level 23

Spirit not change

Magic and Spirit not change

They need something other than the value you tell me to make it work well in the menus?
Thanx you so much

Just other one question is possible add search for you tool section Cil code or a file that explains the place to change the function  of the game
Because it's not easy to find what you're looking for ....

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2018-04-19 09:03:23 »
@ToraCarol: Albeoris's Memoria tool is able to change the text font of the game easily, but it's incompatible with HW right now.
But apparently, the tool dnSpy allows to edit the Assembly-CSharp.dll by changing the C# code, which is just as great. You can change the font by replacing the declaration of the variable "defaultFont", in the "EncryptFontManager" class, by this:
public static Font defaultFont = Font.CreateDynamicFontFromOSFont( "Arial" , 16 );"Arial" is the font name and "16" is the font size (you can change them to your convenience).
Here's a list of fonts you can use.

@Tedrainbow: I don't really understand.
First of all, this red light is not part of your problem, right?
Then, changing the primary stats bonuses in the "Items" panel should be enough ; there's nothing else to do to mod the items primary stat boosts (the only thing is that they use "Stat Sets" and modding the stats boosts of 1 equipment can have an impact on other equipments if you're not careful).
It was working fine a couple of HW versions ago, and I didn't touch that part of the tool, so I guess you're doing it wrong. But if you can't fix it, I'll have a look.

About CIL code, I'm not planning to add nor to fix anything from these panels. I know that they are useful for plenty of things that people generally want to mod, but these panels were added more like a precarious feature waiting for something more convenient.
As said, it looks like dnSpy should be a better solution right now (I didn't test it yet but I'm definitelly interested in that).

Tedrainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2018-04-19 10:07:30 »
it's about max stats in the menu.
I have change Dex,Spirit 50 to 99 and strengh, magic 99 to 125
But this is not the display of others stats.

I can not, generate the solution use you Hades-Workshop-master
« Last Edit: 2018-04-19 10:17:21 by Tedrainbow »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 2018-04-19 10:33:17 »
@ToraCarol: Albeoris's Memoria tool is able to change the text font of the game easily, but it's incompatible with HW right now.
But apparently, the tool dnSpy allows to edit the Assembly-CSharp.dll by changing the C# code, which is just as great. You can change the font by replacing the declaration of the variable "defaultFont", in the "EncryptFontManager" class, by this:

public static Font defaultFont = Font.CreateDynamicFontFromOSFont( "Arial" , 16 );"Arial" is the font name and "16" is the font size (you can change them to your convenience).
Here's a list of fonts you can use.

Thank you very much for the help! I'll take a look!

I've changed sucessfuly the Face Atlas, so I wanted to try with IconAtlas too..buttt.... but theres a little problem.. even if I did the whole set in trasparency, when I import it in the game it didn't read it, and the background of all the new iconset is white.. you know why? ???

Little ps: No MIPS editing and/or move other characters than Zidane aviable for Steam.. right? Bad luck, I wanted to do something like Final Fantasy V, you know..  moving characters corresponding to the first party member (it's not necessary, but I just wanted to know your opinion about this thing)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-19 10:59:34 by ToraCarol »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2018-04-19 20:41:00 »
@Tedrainbow: Hum ok, it's been a while since you asked and I thought you did that already.
So, apparently, what I described before only allows your stat growth to break the limit, but the limit still applies for equipment stat boost.
So, you need to also change the method "ff9play::FF9_GetSkill". Near the 4/5 of the method, you'll find lines like these:
ldfld 0x40008AD // FF9PLAY_SKILL::Base
ldloc.0
ldelem.u1
ldloc.s 6
ldloc.0
ldelem.u1
ble IL_0328
ldarg.1
ldind.ref
ldfld 0x40008AD // FF9PLAY_SKILL::Base
Just replace the line "ble IL_0328" by "br IL_0328" and it should remove the limit totally.
It is not easy to choose the limit yourself by CIL code editing because the limit is stored in an unreachable array ("<PrivateImplementationDetails>::$$field-545").
In practice, it will then be that the base stats are limited (by whatever limit you want) and the equipment stat boosts can still increase that limit a bit.

@Tedrainbow: Maybe you import the atlas file in a RGB format (Alpha channel, ie. transparency is not imported). In the Unity Assets Viewer's image options, you can choose the "RGBA" compression method to be sure to import the image without compression and with its transparency. If I remember correctly, the DXT5 compression method can use about 4 shades of transparency.

MIPS is the assembly language of the PSX. It doesn't exist anymore in the Steam version and is replaced by CIL code.
It is possible to move other characters than Zidane (actually, you just need to use the script code "DefinePlayerCharacter()" in another entry than Zidane's entry) but you'd need to script all the animations that come with that. Zidane can have an interaction with a lot of stuff through the game and sometimes has specific animations for these interactions that other characters just don't have.
This has nothing to do with MIPS but with Field scripts, by the way.

Tedrainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2018-04-19 22:24:26 »
Ok but my code is.

ldfld 0x40009E2 // FF9PLAY_SKILL::Base
ldloc.0
ldelem.u1
ldloc.s 6
ldloc.0
ldelem.u1
ble IL_0328
ldarg.1
ldind.ref
ldfld 0x40009E2 // FF9PLAY_SKILL::Base

Just replace the line "ble IL_0328" by "br IL_0328 and correct ?

if i do that, the image at the start of the game is freezes and then nothing to do .

« Last Edit: 2018-04-19 22:32:33 by Tedrainbow »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2018-04-20 07:50:34 »
@Tedrainbow: Maybe you import the atlas file in a RGB format (Alpha channel, ie. transparency is not imported). In the Unity Assets Viewer's image options, you can choose the "RGBA" compression method to be sure to import the image without compression and with its transparency. If I remember correctly, the DXT5 compression method can use about 4 shades of transparency.

MIPS is the assembly language of the PSX. It doesn't exist anymore in the Steam version and is replaced by CIL code.
It is possible to move other characters than Zidane (actually, you just need to use the script code "DefinePlayerCharacter()" in another entry than Zidane's entry) but you'd need to script all the animations that come with that. Zidane can have an interaction with a lot of stuff through the game and sometimes has specific animations for these interactions that other characters just don't have.
This has nothing to do with MIPS but with Field scripts, by the way.

Ah-ha! So that's it! Thanks a bunch Tirlititi I give a try! And thank you for all the informations, I really didn't know; maybe I can give a shot just for Memoria and Crystal World, there are not alot of interactions requiered, except for "Jump", I guess..  :)

Let me know a thing.. what about if I want to add Lanì as a bonus character in the team (you know, you talk to her in Madain Sari and she decide to join your party) I don't mind to add her in cutscenes, just a playable characters in battles and stuff! ;D
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20 08:09:24 by ToraCarol »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2018-04-20 08:08:16 »
And, sorry..another question how can I allow Blank to active the Support Abilities?

UPDATE:

No worries, I guess is solved is "CIL Code" -> "Macros", "Unlock Ability Learning" right?
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20 13:17:57 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1070 on: 2018-04-20 16:51:00 »
Ah-ha! So that's it! Thanks a bunch Tirlititi I give a try! And thank you for all the informations, I really didn't know; maybe I can give a shot just for Memoria and Crystal World, there are not alot of interactions requiered, except for "Jump", I guess..  :)

Let me know a thing.. what about if I want to add Lanì as a bonus character in the team (you know, you talk to her in Madain Sari and she decide to join your party) I don't mind to add her in cutscenes, just a playable characters in battles and stuff! ;D

Currently not possible as of right now, no character party data for Lani; but here’s a broader thought to get the ball rolling!:

1. Find a current character to replace (you’ll use as Lani) (Be it maybe: Blank/Marcus/Cinna
(Battle model only)
2. Design a portrait for Lani.

3. Model swap her model with said character (when it becomes workable).

4. Init the character from the script accordingly.

Best way to go about seeeing Lani as a bonus character; I have a similar set up with Nyx Ulric.

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2018-04-20 18:40:26 »
Currently not possible as of right now, no character party data for Lani; but here’s a broader thought to get the ball rolling!:

1. Find a current character to replace (you’ll use as Lani) (Be it maybe: Blank/Marcus/Cinna
(Battle model only)
2. Design a portrait for Lani.

3. Model swap her model with said character (when it becomes workable).

4. Init the character from the script accordingly.

Best way to go about seeeing Lani as a bonus character; I have a similar set up with Nyx Ulric.

Hey thank you! This sound a good Idea! I can try swapping with Beatrix, maybe... but, how do I do exactly? Could you give me a little example with screenshots (you know I really don't want to mess something x''3) Can be the risk that can swaps of default for the entire game? (I mean, for Example, when Beatrix fight with Steiner, In that case I still have Beatrix or I'll total swap her with Lanì?)
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20 19:01:14 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1072 on: 2018-04-20 21:33:35 »
Hey thank you! This sound a good Idea! I can try swapping with Beatrix, maybe... but, how do I do exactly? Could you give me a little example with screenshots (you know I really don't want to mess something x''3) Can be the risk that can swaps of default for the entire game? (I mean, for Example, when Beatrix fight with Steiner, In that case I still have Beatrix or I'll total swap her with Lanì?)

That’s why I suggested: Blank, Cinna or Marcus. Yes if you model swap Beatrix it will affect scenes with Beatrix as a whole; except the battles against her, as that uses a different model. But to remain on the sure side, select between the tantalus troupe.
The model importer is in Hades workshop’s unity assets viewer. Explore archive p0data4.bin and locate Lani, export first, find said character to be replaced main model internal file name. Rename Lani’s file accordingly. But model swapping characters/importing new doesn’t work yet. It does not crash hades workshop, but it does crash in game.

Pardon, I must also note: replace any characters, be it even Blank/Cinna/Marcus, requires script editing elsewhere, otherwise, you may encounter unwanted entries during the game. Lani fighting on the theater stage and many more like scenarios to be thought out prior to. Unless such really is desired and in that case: go for it! By all means!
« Last Edit: 2018-04-20 21:58:38 by Incinerator »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 2018-04-21 10:09:28 »
That’s why I suggested: Blank, Cinna or Marcus. Yes if you model swap Beatrix it will affect scenes with Beatrix as a whole; except the battles against her, as that uses a different model. But to remain on the sure side, select between the tantalus troupe.
The model importer is in Hades workshop’s unity assets viewer. Explore archive p0data4.bin and locate Lani, export first, find said character to be replaced main model internal file name. Rename Lani’s file accordingly. But model swapping characters/importing new doesn’t work yet. It does not crash hades workshop, but it does crash in game.

Pardon, I must also note: replace any characters, be it even Blank/Cinna/Marcus, requires script editing elsewhere, otherwise, you may encounter unwanted entries during the game. Lani fighting on the theater stage and many more like scenarios to be thought out prior to. Unless such really is desired and in that case: go for it! By all means!

I guess I can try with Cinna, I think is the best choice, he does not fight alot. ;)

But model swapping characters/importing new doesn’t work yet. It does not crash hades workshop, but it does crash in game.

What do you mean exactly?

The model importer is in Hades workshop’s unity assets viewer. Explore archive p0data4.bin and locate Lani, export first, find said character to be replaced main model internal file name.

Sorry but, this is really my very first time, I need a Step by Step.. So, I exported the model of Lani (368) and Cinna (661) to understand which is who, but...what now? I mean,when I replace the model, how do I distinguish them to the "battle" one and the "field" one ( I mean, the one used for cutscenes etc)

And if I want to add the "Victory pose" (using an animation of her already in) how do I do? 

I know the animations are at p0data5 but..how do I distinguish the animations of the battles? For example "Animation xxx of the model Battle Cinna"

Please, if you can give all the names and fuctions I need for both Cinna and Lani I'll be so grateful, for now I'm searching all the animations by myself but it's quite hard x''

« Last Edit: 2018-04-21 19:03:46 by ToraCarol »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 2018-04-21 17:32:11 »

UPDATE:

Sorry to bother again, you guys but I have a little big problem...so, I'm trying to add Blank in the Scene of Ipsen Castle, and the first part works well, for the second I have a little problem.. I haven't added him yet in the field ( I need to know how it works, because it's not related to the party in this case) so the last variable I did is "Blank_16" (he speaks to Zidane, after Steiner) so I terminated the enter in the Main_25

So WHY Zidane reacts like this???  :'( :'( :'(

The animation works fine, but in the end, whe he says he goes to look for Amarant, it starts to lagging and I don't know why his animation (when he runs on the stairs) is..uhm, quite strange? I mean he's not runnig he's moving in a strange way like if his "freezing" but the model wants to move on the stairs anyway.. I don't know if I explained