Author Topic: New HD Ending FMV  (Read 6834 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
New HD Ending FMV
« on: 2013-05-06 00:50:13 »
I was looking around for a video like this and couldn't find one, so I made an HD version of the ending3.avi video. The original was blu ray quality, so it lost some of its clarity when I converted it for the game but it still looks pretty good, and it doesn't suffer from the massive black bar at the bottom of the original. It took awhile to figure out the codec, have to thank LeonhartGR for helping me with that. I tested this on my pc and it works fine so it shouldn't have any problems, so just let me know if it doesn't work and I'll see if a lower quality video is needed for anyone.

New updated video is ready for download and can be previewed below. As mentioned below you can test it in game by renaming it eidoslogo.avi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEDVlWJIjE&feature=youtu.be
http://www.mediafire.com/?gm0g5hwqu9pahsc
« Last Edit: 2013-12-02 16:51:06 by cmh175 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: New HD ending FMV
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-06 01:12:23 »
Superb quality... Thank you! I can't test it though... I haven't got that save... :)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-06 02:06:57 »
Is this just the opening from Advent Children?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-06 02:21:39 »
The first scene is a clip from the blu ray and I kept the audio. The end is from the original video and the audio is from the opening song on the AC soundtrack layed over top to match the audio already playing. Otherwise it stopped suddenly and had this loud annoying sound with the FF7 icon. I actually tested it by naming it "opening.avi" and just started a new game. I do have a game save right before the fight with Jenova though, I'll add it to the video.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-06 02:39:34 »
I don't believe it's legal to include any part of AC.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-06 02:47:01 »
I've seen several others that have here, and even mentioned using AC or Crisis Core. Hell the Sepheroth in flames video from AC was even included in the bootleg mod torrent. It's not like I posted an iso of the whole movie or something.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-05-06 03:00:39 »
Just friendly advice. If it's allowed, then so be it.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-05-06 03:03:15 »
Dirge of Cerberus was used in some clips, too...
But where is the children laughing in the end? It is an important element, because it is the only hint if the humanity has survived.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-05-06 03:16:49 »
Really? I always thought it was kind of random. Black screen with kids laughing, I thought it was a little creepy the first time I saw it lol. I muted the playing video and played the soundtrack song over it. It was mostly to remove the loud sound that goes off with the FF7 icon, I could add the laughing again sometime.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #9 on: 2013-05-06 09:50:47 »
Video clips are not illegal!!! If you ever noticed and payed any attention to the video re-masters in this forum  the exact same scene has been used before but in a lower quality... while the same scene is present in the original game but with the old models and graphics. Oh gosh with those infringements... please make a re-search before openly reporting illegal content and there's always a "report" button for moderators to take action if there's a doubt.

Just a "friendly" advice... :)

I actually tested it by naming it "opening.avi"...

Sorry for my  ignorance... I forgot I had that option...I will also rename it as eidoslogo.avi, will test and report back! Thanks for your work cmh175!

Ok! Works great... sound transition sounds a bit odd when lowering the volume for a sec to change the track but overall quality is excellent!
« Last Edit: 2013-05-06 10:27:29 by LeonhartGR »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-05-06 13:45:01 »
Thanks. Yeah the audio on the soundtrack was a lot higher than the music from the video clip. The video was at 110% volume while the song was at 20% lol. I set it so they overlap before the scene ends to help with the transition, when it fades to white, but the music starts to diminuendo (play lower) so that's why it has that odd moment. It was seamless when I lowered the song to 12% of its original volume but it lost it's power and bass. It's the last ten seconds or so of the song and brings the game to a conclusion so I decided it was better to have it end on a strong note. When I play it though with the fight with Sepheroth and everything I actually don't notice anything.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-05-06 16:21:17 »
This is technically illegal but, as with music, Square-Enix has not shown any signs of enforcing, at least for short clips like this. As long as we're not sticking full movie scenes with dialogue or other content that isn't already from the game, I don't think it's likely to be an issue; it's not like using these clips in the game even remotely acts as a substitute for purchasing and watching the movie.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-05-06 17:49:14 »
Ok cool. That's what I was thinking since the clip's exactly the same as the original, just using the HD scene from AC.

I've actually had a slow day at work and had my macbook pro with me, so I fixed the issues with the original clip. The timing and sound is now perfect. The audio transitions seamlessly, and doesn't seem to change in volume. I even filled the last few seconds of silence with the kids laughing. It's finalizing now and still needs to be converted for the game, so I'll post the updated version later after I test it.

ProtoX

« Reply #13 on: 2013-05-06 19:29:01 »
no "To Be Continued In Final Fantasy Advent Children", i at least thought of it would give the player motive to buy Advent Children

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-05-07 01:11:10 »
The new updated video is ready and can be found on the first post. I fixed the audio transition so it flows a lot more smoothly, and managed to maintain more of the videos quality while converting it. I also filled the silence at the end with the kids laughing so it's not just the logo sitting there for three seconds. It's already been tested to work so it's good to go. If anyone with older graphics cards has trouble getting it to work just let me know and I'll release a video with the games original resolution.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #15 on: 2013-05-07 01:27:13 »
A lot smoother! Thank you!