Author Topic: [FF8PC-2013 + Remastered-2019] HorizonPack: Remastered - World Texture Overhaul  (Read 278563 times)

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's kinda as soon as we can. Some of them are easy because the remaster has the files and we just replace them. But some of them are harder. Thing with all 2013 mods have Tonberry to work with, and tonberry doesn't work in the remaster. So it'll take more time for the community to find workarounds. Once the community finds a way to load the textures it's a simple matter of porting the textures from one game to the other. Just need that new tool/hack to come along.

no problem, i always wanted to inject the modded textures directly in to the game,  so if it take more time to get that result in this remaster then is ok , i never liked the solution of tonberry , while i am enjoying very much the triple triad modded textures and the seed reborn modded textures quite because we can finally inject them in to the game , so the game doesn't have any choice but to load them correctly since after all those are the very only thing at disposal for that specific part of the game , but were are located the textures of the world map elements in the remastered version ? i am taking a look right now
« Last Edit: 2019-09-20 04:31:59 by rartart »

biestbars

• View Profile
Hello,
archive brings error while unpacking. Please reload!

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Is it normal for vehicles in towns to still be in low res version? Do they use different textures than the ones in the world map?
yes, some are pixelated blobs that are a part of the background images pretty much...
lotsa photoshop etc work to do for the ones that can be hidden via hidden certain layers before the initial export + file conversion... "Remastered" is still using stock field.fs for now...

rrgaming28

• View Profile
is this for remastered now or in 2013 version?

iDerek759

• View Profile
Read main post.

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile

for now it is only for the 2013 version , not the remastered, but don't worry , it is in everyone's interest to port it in the remastered version since the texture there can be injected directly in to the game :D

Nyril

• View Profile
This legit is better looking than SE "remaster" they didnt even bother to really work on the over world... GJ mate!

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
This legit is better looking than SE "remaster" they didnt even bother to really work on the over world... GJ mate!

exactly , and after listening to a small interview , here is one reason why they are so careless with their better game for this series: because according to them the "fantasy" genre should be about the fucking medieval period and the classic fairy tales , but that's quite the point about be creative and original, it is also about do something really fantasious , infact the good thing about final fantasy 8 is quite the fact that is show a world based on the classic fantasy genre ported in a futuristic time , i mean god fucking damn it , for final fantasy 9 they put real passion and interest for the steam version , while for this version they don't even care about make the game compatible with the 16:9 o.O , fuck , still , the modders here are making a better work even compared to the remastered version of final fantasy 9 :D

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile

Yo mcindus  my man strolling around esthar , came across this, any idea what it is ?

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora

Yo mcindus  my man strolling around esthar , came across this, any idea what it is ?

It's a missing texture coordinate for a UV texture that the PC version screwed up. It's part of the original PC port -_-

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile

It's a missing texture coordinate for a UV texture that the PC version screwed up. It's part of the original PC port -_-
[/quote]

those fucking idiots really got careless with this game , to think that it is the best of the final fantasy saga, as i said in another post, they basically got careless because final fantasy 8 isn't the classic rpg game based on the medieval period, so yeah , that's the reason for all the technical flaws , and it is the reason why the steam version of final fantasy 9 don't need any graphical modification , because you know, final fantasy 9 is essentially the interactive version of a damn classic fairy tale, so they considered it worthy of their passion o.O

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Mcindus talking about technical flaws of the pc version, remember the transition effect that you get in the psx version when a boss fight begin? if so , can you port it in the remastered pc version ? as you noticed in any pc version you barely see two frames that transit in the screen , but the rest of the transition effect is missing , sorry if i am vague but english is my second language and i don't know how do you call that effect in english

rrgaming28

• View Profile
How's the mod progress? any updates? :)

Ldy_Death

• View Profile
How's the mod progress? any updates? :)
Yeah, it sucks that this mod isn't compatible with the Remaster because we can't unpack-rebuild the new files format. It would be the perfect combination. :'(

Razburk

• View Profile
hello, I have a problem downloading the Horizonpack v1.0 file, when I try to open the winrar file it tells me that it is damaged or corrupt, please, could you upload it again to MEGA or another site, thank you very much. I'm sorry for my level of English, I'm Spanish.

leorob88

• View Profile
ALAS: as said above here, can confirm, I find this is a great work, BUT the downloaded file cannot be open (damaged or something). It downloads as a RAR file for about 65 MB but cannot open. Hopefully you will fix that, since above i read many people liking the work so i suppose it actually DOES work, it's just an uploaded file matter.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
ALAS: as said above here, can confirm, I find this is a great work, BUT the downloaded file cannot be open (damaged or something). It downloads as a RAR file for about 65 MB but cannot open. Hopefully you will fix that, since above i read many people liking the work so i suppose it actually DOES work, it's just an uploaded file matter.

Try opening it in winrar or 7zip. sometimes, one program flags it damaged and one opens it just fine.  I can confirm it works fine after unpacking on my end.

leorob88

• View Profile
hello, I have a problem downloading the Horizonpack v1.0 file, when I try to open the winrar file it tells me that it is damaged or corrupt, please, could you upload it again to MEGA or another site, thank you very much. I'm sorry for my level of English, I'm Spanish.

Hi, i tried as said above and it's true. I tried to use 7zip instead of winzip or winrar and it worked.

Hola, intenté como està escrito qua encima y es verdadero. Yo intenté a usar 7zip en vez que winzip o winrar y funcionò.

RoaringSun801

• View Profile
Try opening it in winrar or 7zip. sometimes, one program flags it damaged and one opens it just fine.  I can confirm it works fine after unpacking on my end.

Hey I know this isn't the right topic but I cant DM you, and I've tried adding you on steam.  I just wanna buy the lunatic pandora mod pack, is that still an option?

Zera

• View Profile
Thank you very much for this mod, looks fantastic. The only problem is the damn bug with the Steam version of FF8 where the world map significantly reduces in quality if you bring up the menu (and you're obviously going to be doing that often while you're playing). Is there a fix for this issue somewhere in these forums? I already applied the UV fix, but it's unrelated.

phimattic

• View Profile
Hey there,

This looks like a great mod, however, after I install the texture and tonberry folders, the game is still not updating to the new textures. Any idea as to why this may be? I have gotten all the other mods installed and working correctly, this is the only one that does not seem to want to work.

Thanks for your help.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Hey there,

This looks like a great mod, however, after I install the texture and tonberry folders, the game is still not updating to the new textures. Any idea as to why this may be? I have gotten all the other mods installed and working correctly, this is the only one that does not seem to want to work.

Thanks for your help.

Hm.  Make sure the horizonpack hashmap from the tonberry/hashmap folder in the mod made it into your FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/hashmap folder and replaced the old one.  Also, make sure the /textures/hp folder made it into FINAL FANTASY VIII/textures/ and let me know.

phimattic

• View Profile
I got it working, thanks! I did a fresh install and installed all the mods again and then it seemed to work that time. Not sure what happened the first time. Great mod! 😊

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
MOD UPDATED!

Texture pack is now available for the 2019 REMASTERED version of FF8!

Requires Maki's demaster tool - and try to make sure your game is on an SSD! DDS Texture pack will be available for the Remaster as soon as the Demaster is updated to a newer version, which will remove any page loading lag you may encounter!

ENJOY!

BIGMOMMAPRODS

• View Profile
Thanks for the great work! Everything looks awesome. I guess the cities and towns are the only thing left for this horizonpack mod?