Author Topic: GF model ripping?  (Read 3287 times)

AtlasOmega

• View Profile
GF model ripping?
« on: 2014-07-24 10:18:33 »
Hi, I was searching for the GF models (I just want a Carbuncle 3D model from FF8), but the old models download links were removed. Can anyone reupload them? I just need it! Thanks.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: GF model ripping?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-24 13:11:21 »
You'll have to do it yourself. I'm fairly sure you'll need to download noesis and I think you need the PC version. Also the gfs that you don't fight are stored in the exe and impossible to rip afaik

AtlasOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-25 13:10:38 »
But, I remember I saw the Carbuncle 3D model preview a while ago, how is this possible?

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-25 18:02:45 »
I ripped some of the GFs based on information from someone else, though Carbuncle was not one of them. Details on how to rip the ones I couldn't were mentioned but I didn't understand, or it wasn't possible to do a full rip. I'll dig up the thread and let you find out.

Ah, this thread. At some point I made some edits to the code because there was an inconsistency or error, I'm not sure if it was corrected in the thread. And I didn't know how to do the alternate format ones though it seems someone else did.

AtlasOmega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-27 22:40:11 »
Okay! I'll try to make patiently my own Carbuncle model, if not, I'll try to decode it ^^