Author Topic: 7th heaven won't launch game  (Read 2612 times)

Maverick4031

• View Profile
7th heaven won't launch game
« on: 2020-01-30 23:58:10 »
I dug around for a few hours but this is beyond me.

Simply put, Steam version (legally purchase). Patched. setup the paths. And anytime i hit launch i get this error and 7th heaven closes. Asked a buddy who's done this before but he's stumped.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EasyHook, Version=2.7.6035.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4b580fca19d0b0c5' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'EasyHook, Version=2.7.6035.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4b580fca19d0b0c5'
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.Launch(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bLaunch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\cygwin64\home\Jauria\Proyectos\Final\7H\Git\7H\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1142
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: 7th heaven won't launch game
« Reply #1 on: 2020-01-31 00:32:03 »
Simply put, Steam version (legally purchase). Patched. setup the paths.
Patched, converted, or both?

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-31 15:06:52 »
used the converter after setting up the disc for daemon tools. pretty much just followed the basic instructions for 7th heaven setup. was there something we missed?

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-02-03 17:59:55 »
is anybody able to help me out on this? lol

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-02-03 23:17:39 »
Post up your FF7_GC.log file... there may be something in there which would be instructive.

FWIW, we're all a little busy and most of the best folks are buried in various real-life issues.  I personally am a CD owner, which means I'm not particularly well-versed in the peculiarities of Steam, only general issues I've seen others deal with in the past.  Hopefully your problem is one of the things I've seen, but if not, I can only counsel patience... someone will see it eventually and be able to help.  You'll also find many of us on the Discord, where we can easily hand-off to each other depending on work load.

Ezrius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-02-05 13:32:01 »
I was struggling with what I believe to be the same issue yesterday.  I think there was an issue with how 7th Heaven interacts with a Windows 10 Update that landed at some point if that's your OS.  I was able to launch FF7.exe but not launch the game through 7th Heaven.  My problem included and error code, though (Code 5), in the first line of the string.

When I resolved it, I was able to right click 7th Heaven, enter properties>compatibility mode, and then choose to always run as administrator, apply, close.
I then right clicked FF7.exe, went into properties>compatibility mode, and had it run in 640x480.
I don't know if this is the exact thread I viewed, but if not it was similar to this one.

I don't know if this will help you, since the error string isn't giving you an error code, but it could potentially be worth a shot if nothing else is working and someone with sager advice doesn't come along.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-02-06 12:00:51 »
Thank you for your time and insight. I have no idea why i didn't think to try compatibility mode. I'll give that a shot and post my results.

Edit: Still no luck.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-07 10:31:52 by Maverick4031 »