0 (0%)
Final Fantasy XI
0 (0%)
Final Fantasy XII
2 (6.9%)
Final Fantasy Dissidia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Fave. Final Fantasy Game!!  (Read 19974 times)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
Fave. Final Fantasy Game!!
« on: 2009-10-20 03:52:42 »
Choose your fave. Final Fantasy!!

Got bored, want to know your opinions!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fave. Final Fantasy Game!!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-20 04:00:27 »
9, given favorite "final fantasy" game, I find it the game most deserving of being called a "final fantasy", but yes, 5 is right up there, maybe even moreso in terms of ff tradition (elemental crystals, light warrior-esque desitny etc), but ff9 was able to take ff staples and weave them into a high fantasy setting, with a fairly original story.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-20 04:27:59 »
Have to give it to 7. It was the first final fantasy i ever played, the first rpg, and the one that sucked me into wasting hours upon hours of time. I was so addicted to it that when my memory card for the psx was broken and i left my playstation on everyday and went to school when i got back and found out my mom turned it off I would start at the beginning again. Did this for a week straight. I could get to costa del sol in 2 hours flat lol.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-20 06:17:10 »
9's got my vote. brilliant story, good characters and seen i only played 7 and up i cant comment about the first 6 :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-20 08:32:38 »
I can proudly say that I've played every FF game except for XI (which doesn't count in my book). Unfortunately, I only played 1-6 after 7 and 8, so I couldn't appreciate them to their full potential, but I could never claim any of them to be the best FF game ever, since I liked Chrono Trigger better than any of them by far, but liked FF7 and FF9 more than Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross. (although I consider FF9 and Chrono Cross to be virtually identical games...I have a hard time distinguishing them in my mind).

They've all got good points. It'd be hard to narrow it down to one without developing some kind of scoring system. I'm inclined to say FF7 though I'm aware I may be biased since that's the first FF game I played (but not the first RPG by far).

That being said, I voted X-2.  :-D
hahaha...such a waste of 12 bucks...

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-20 12:22:57 »
I voted XII.  It took the longest to complete and was the hardest for sure.  It kept me entertained for a very, very long time.  I guess I'm able to appreciate it more than most people :-)

It's difficult choosing a favorite, though.  FFV was the one I replayed the most, as it was great fun and also quite difficult, and it had more replay value than any other game in the series thanks to its job system.  FFVII gets the reward for best characters and plot.  FFVI comes close behind.  FFX was actually the first FF game I played, and I loved that one for many other reasons (though it lacked sidequests and optional bosses, besides the ones that were just too powerful).  All FF games have fantastic music, though I'll admit that FFXII falls a bit short of the others in that department.

The only other FF games I've played are FFI and FFII, which were both great as well, but they pale in comparison to the rest of the series.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-20 16:37:14 »
Wow, it looks like some of the emo fanboys on these forums like other FF games. A certain person will be very sad to hear that :-P

I still voted for VII, and most of my reasons are given in the other favourite FF game thread in the "General" forum.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-20 17:01:26 »
FINAL FANTASY® VI

And that said... if I had to choose between a remake of VI or VII, I'd go for VI. Really!!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-10-20 17:47:21 »
And that said... if I had to choose between a remake of VI or VII, I'd go for VI. Really!!

I would also rather see VI remade, but for a different reason...

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-10-20 17:49:19 »
This may be a dumb question but when you refer to VI is that the us version FFIII?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-10-20 17:55:07 »
Hmmm? :?

FFVI is the game that was released as FFIII on the SNES in North America, so that's the one we're referring to....  :|

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-10-20 17:59:48 »
Hmmm? :?

FFVI is the game that was released as FFIII on the SNES in North America, so that's the one we're referring to....  :|

Gotcha

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-10-20 18:09:51 »

I would also rather see VI remade, but for a different reason...

I didn't say my reasons. lol

I think "VI" has better characters, story, and event scenes.
However... if they do it, it might be for the DS.

I'd like to see it on a 360 or PS3.  :roll:

Which are your reasons?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-10-20 18:16:26 »
I just think that, as a 2D game, FF6 would benefit a lot more from an overhaul than FF7. Even if Square didn't do a massive remake (the kind of thing some people think they are doing with 7), the game would look better. If Square remade FF6 to have the same quality graphics as FF7, it would be a massive improvement.

Also, since Square seem to like ruining once-good characters, they might ruin Kefka like they ruined Sephiroth. It would be hilarious to watch people rage over that. :-D

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #14 on: 2009-10-20 20:10:19 »
How could you "ruin" Kefka? Make him say something more intelligent than "Son of a Submariner"? Or have him say "HATE" fewer times on the floating continent? Oh dear. End of the world!  :roll:

I'm sure Squeenix find better ways to ruin him.

FFV's the next in line for a 3D makeover. I'd be happy for it too. Not to say that VI doesn't also need it.

And where's Dissidia on that list? It's not my fave, but if DoC is there.....

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-10-20 20:25:21 »
How could you "ruin" Kefka? Make him say something more intelligent than "Son of a Submariner"? Or have him say "HATE" fewer times on the floating continent? Oh dear. End of the world!  :roll:

Sssshhhh! Don't insult Kefka; people might get upset :lol:

It's kinda like insulting Muhammad or Steve Jobs.

FFV's the next in line for a 3D makeover. I'd be happy for it too. Not to say that VI doesn't also need it.

Yes, they've already done 3 & 4, so 5 might be the next in line. Did they ever do 3D remakes of 1 & 2? I suppose the 2D remakes were "enhanced", but Square should be able to do better...

And where's Dissidia on that list? It's not my fave, but if DoC is there.....

DoC might be there to facilitate trolling :-P

Jari

« Reply #16 on: 2009-10-20 21:12:40 »
There. Fixed the poll for you. :-D

I can fix it back, if you want. ^^

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-10-20 22:24:36 »
Me personally would LOVE a FF5 remake; but I have a feeling they're gonna remake it for a handheld like the DS or PSP (IF WE'RE LUCKY!) either way; they would both be great.  Just the dream of hearing Kefka saying "Son of a Submirner" would make me happy. To bad Telha didn't say "YOU SPOONY BARD!" to Edward in an actual cut scene...lol

Now that I think about it; the only games that remained 2-D in remakes we're FF1 (Good reasons) and FF2 (No good reasons); so the only 2-D games to be remade are 1,2,5, and 6. 

I also added Dissidia on the list for you fans  :lol:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-10-20 23:50:00 »
Man, It's hard to say. FF7 certanily has a special place on my heart, but I found FF6 way better on pretty much everything (except for the graphics and, maybe, music). It was longer, had more characters (and still most of them had more background than those in FF7), more sidequests, and was overall much more reguarding. The final part of FF7 (Disk 3 and part of disk 2) were pretty boring in my opinion.
If we are talking about what we want to see remade, then FF6 for sure.

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-10-21 00:07:53 »
FF 1,2 and 6 are the only FF games that I haven't played through. I am really hoping they remake FF5 and 6 for the DS like they did FF4. Although now that I think about it they released FF6 for GBA so I might have to go buy that...

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-10-21 00:13:24 »
They also remade FFIV for the GBA before making a DS version.  In any case, you can play GBA games on a DS, unless it's a DSi.

But yeah, FFVI needs the remake more than VII, but it's something I can wait for.

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-10-21 01:15:50 »
Yeah, thats how I replayed FF5, I got it for GBA and played it on my DS. I much prefer playing FF games on my DS then on my PS. Its the main reason why I haven't played FF6 yet. (I only recently found out they made it for GBA)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-10-21 01:31:19 »
They released FF5 & 6 for PS1 in Anthology; which is a pretty damn good package. A game that was never out here and a game with the wrong number; xD
I prob. like FF5 the best because in the translated SNES version instead of Bartz...it was BUTZ!! HAHAHA! :P  Nah most likely because I never beat it yet, and I've always loved the Job System; just not X-2.

I never found FF5 and 6 on GBA yet...must find... Only difference in 5 is that it has like 2 extra jobs I think? and FF6 some more Side-Quests ?

But yeah, FFVI needs the remake more than VII, but it's something I can wait for.

Your very right my friend :P  VII in my opinion was only TOO popular. I mean a movie, and DoC, CC, and Last order!? WAYYY to popular. don't get my wrong I love FF7, just not as much as others  :-o

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-10-21 01:47:46 »
In FF5 they added in a extra dungeon and two classes that you get after you kill ex-death, the Cannoneer and the chemist. The new dungeon has no save points and is filled with multiple fights of the hardest mobs in the game.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-10-21 02:04:39 »
FFV has a bonus dungeon, four new jobs, and more superbosses (including Enuo, that legendary warlock dude who controlled the power of the Void but was defeated by the 12 Legendary Weapons years before the game started).

FFVI has three new bosses in the World of Ruin, including Leviathan, Gilgamesh, and Gigantaur (a Jumbo Cactuar).  They each drop a new piece of magicite when you defeat them.  There's a fourth piece of magicite that you get for completing a bonus dungeon.  Between those new magicite pieces, there are three new spells.  And there are more superbosses as well, including Omega Weapon and Kaiser Dragon (who was a dummied monster in the original game).

I think that's it... oh, and the Chemist is not a new job - it existed in the original FFV.