Author Topic: Playable MP Cloud(10/42 animated finished)[hold]  (Read 5249 times)

chasedark

• View Profile
Playable MP Cloud(10/42 animated finished)[hold]
« on: 2014-08-06 22:15:34 »
I don't know if I'll be able to ever release it(Since I'm only doing the animations(granted 90% of the animation frames are created by me with heavy influence from the MP's animations) but I'm working on making enough animations for an MP Cloud with machinegun to be a playable character.  Hopefully when I eventually get all 42 animations done I'll be able to work on making him proper weapons.

I take no credit for the Model parts, only the animations(which I can't really post unless I make a GIF which may come later) FYI I'm using a model someone else made on Qhimm, I'll have to grab the source once I find it again.

This is the very first frame of the idle stance that I'm working on, the handling of the rotation of the parts was ridiculous, even though Cloud's stance was originally similar, he's a lot taller than MPs so I had to alter his stance to compensate for the height.

Edit: When finished this mod will actually make the regular MP playable as long as it's MP parts in Cloud's skeleton.  I'm just giving it cloud's head for a private project I'm working on.

Edit2: As of 10:01PM EST I have finished 4 animations in just under 4 hours yay.  So far the hardest animation was the lunging forward, but I realized I could just propogate the top half of the body and leave the bottom half as is and it looks okay except the first frame which I had to manually set as his base stance.   Sadly I realized this after I'd already finished the lunging animation.

NewEdit: I'll post the main frame of the victory pose now.

Edit4: This project is on hold while chasedark decides if he really cares enough to complete it.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-17 01:44:55 by chasedark »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Re: Playable MP Cloud(update!)
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-08 23:31:20 »
I am very pleased with your efforts, and as of the time writing this, you have 8/42 animations done, which is actually a big achievement considering you never worked with any animations before, and the vast majority of FF7 modders honestly would not commit to a project like this, so you deserve our kudos. Yo earned it man.

(Raises glass) I really like how you handled the defend animation, which can be seen below:

chasedark

• View Profile
Re: Playable MP Cloud(update!)
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-09 01:13:24 »
Cloud's animations are ridiculous for those shoulder pads, he keeps causing an insane amount of clipping(most of which I've been working out) and it's making it take much longer than it should.

Re: Playable MP Cloud(10/42 animated finished)[hold]
« Reply #3 on: 2015-05-07 09:37:57 »
I will continue to dream of the day this gets released. Hopefully for the psp.  :lol: