Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4869602 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9075 on: 2020-03-20 13:36:39 »
I was wondering if the Definitive Mod From Sector 48's page was compatible with New Threat.

No, but NT has its own skips for lengthy cutscenes, etc.

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: 2020-03-20 19:30:32 »
It's an overhaul so it will be different. The Arrange mode (renamed Game Type B) has an extra twist added to it.

That's not quite right; what I've done is change it to use a combination of stat growths from level ups and the Source upgrades. In the current build you get a flat +5 to every stat regardless of the upgrade but that's been replaced by the Level Up growths coming back. The SP system itself was retired so that upgrades now come at fixed intervals (after beating a boss/story milestone). I also revamped the menus for it so that you can pick which characters to upgrade and leave others until later + see what everyone's current rank and the max threshold is at any time.

I was going to support both, but it might be a good idea to leave 1.5 off the catalogs and just have that be a single IRO on this thread to avoid confusion over which version to use. 1.5 is going to get some bug-fixes to go with 2.0's release.

I think it starts off that way; if you breed it though then you should get a much better Gold racing chocobo. I could look into adjusting the stats of that Gold chocobo.

I just left Midgar in my new game with New Threat 1.5, on the road to Kalm. Do you have any idea when 2.0 might be released? Is it worth waiting for this, or can I continue 1.5?

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: 2020-03-21 08:12:20 »
I just got the Leviathan Scales, and went to Da-Chao to get the loot. The materia won't let me pick it up without Yuffie in my party, and while I see Yuffie standing there, talking to her doesn't do anything. She just says "Lets pick up the loot" and then nothing happens.

I'm assuming that's supposed to trigger PHS, so that I can swap her into my party. But that doesn't happen.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: 2020-03-21 14:12:16 »
I just left Midgar in my new game with New Threat 1.5, on the road to Kalm. Do you have any idea when 2.0 might be released? Is it worth waiting for this, or can I continue 1.5?

I would carry on.

I just got the Leviathan Scales, and went to Da-Chao to get the loot. The materia won't let me pick it up without Yuffie in my party, and while I see Yuffie standing there, talking to her doesn't do anything. She just says "Lets pick up the loot" and then nothing happens.

I'm assuming that's supposed to trigger PHS, so that I can swap her into my party. But that doesn't happen.

It just places the model without checking if she's there or not; I'll add a check.

DKOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: 2020-03-21 18:03:05 »
So i have an extremely odd circumstance.

I have completely lost my save file of NTM v1.5, and have spent all day trying to get it back to no avail.
Would BlackChocobo work to build my save file? (I've been recording it for YT so i have all my stats/inv/lvl/etc)
and if so is there anywhere in the files to see which vanilla items have been changed into which NTM items?

For the record i was 35hrs in and just beat Phrenia so restarting isnt really my first choice...

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: 2020-03-21 18:09:47 »
I would carry on.

It just places the model without checking if she's there or not; I'll add a check.

Thanks, will do!

I'll probably do another complete playthrough with 2.0 when it does get released regardless. In the mean time I'll continue 1.5

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: 2020-03-21 20:12:59 »
Just got the Hades Materia, and discovered that it also suffers from the hard lock bug that you get from Lagomorph + Added Effect. :(

Hades + Added Effect is so great, so I really hope this gets fixed.

Blhite

• View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: 2020-03-22 00:44:15 »
Hey there Sega Chief! First of all, thank you for all your hard work, I'm 65+ hours in new threat and I'm havng a complete blast, all the amount of things to do is outstanding, it will be hard goin' back to vanilla FF7! During my playthrough (I've like 99%'d it) I came across to only 2 bugs in total, and for what I read in the past comments, are all known problems: one of them is the abcence of the max ray for barret, you are supposed to steal one from the armored golem but all he gives is pile bunker, even if you steal or morph it :(
The second problem is ozma, while you can still fight it, there are no animation and the drop is still blank! Oh and one last thing, but this is absolutely not your fault: I found out that the "Animation - qhimm catalog" mod from 7thH2.0, specifically the "field animation" change from blooshot and kaldarasha, has to be disabled in order to make some dialog not get stuck eternally (making the dark cave impossible to start). A minor issue that is easily fixed by disabling that animation mod, I'm just pointing it out for anyone who got the same problem :)
I hope this could help you for future updates! Thanks again Chief!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: 2020-03-22 02:12:15 »
So i have an extremely odd circumstance.

I have completely lost my save file of NTM v1.5, and have spent all day trying to get it back to no avail.
Would BlackChocobo work to build my save file? (I've been recording it for YT so i have all my stats/inv/lvl/etc)
and if so is there anywhere in the files to see which vanilla items have been changed into which NTM items?

For the record i was 35hrs in and just beat Phrenia so restarting isnt really my first choice...

On FF7 Steam, the save files are given a checksum which the launcher checks when its launched. If the checksum fails, it wipes the save files. Unfortunately, this can sometimes happen even if a save file wasn't altered (particularly with Cloud Saves). Why they felt the need to add this to save files is a mystery.

I don't think there's a way to get the save files back, unless they're sent through the recycle bin. As for what item is what in the save editor, here's a list of them starting from Highwind:

https://i.imgur.com/9pApO8b.png

Just got the Hades Materia, and discovered that it also suffers from the hard lock bug that you get from Lagomorph + Added Effect. :(

Hades + Added Effect is so great, so I really hope this gets fixed.

This issue is to do with a separate mod, I forget which one. It breaks the Frog status on added effect.

Hey there Sega Chief! First of all, thank you for all your hard work, I'm 65+ hours in new threat and I'm havng a complete blast, all the amount of things to do is outstanding, it will be hard goin' back to vanilla FF7! During my playthrough (I've like 99%'d it) I came across to only 2 bugs in total, and for what I read in the past comments, are all known problems: one of them is the abcence of the max ray for barret, you are supposed to steal one from the armored golem but all he gives is pile bunker, even if you steal or morph it :(
The second problem is ozma, while you can still fight it, there are no animation and the drop is still blank! Oh and one last thing, but this is absolutely not your fault: I found out that the "Animation - qhimm catalog" mod from 7thH2.0, specifically the "field animation" change from blooshot and kaldarasha, has to be disabled in order to make some dialog not get stuck eternally (making the dark cave impossible to start). A minor issue that is easily fixed by disabling that animation mod, I'm just pointing it out for anyone who got the same problem :)
I hope this could help you for future updates! Thanks again Chief!

The Ozma fight being loaded currently is the wrong one, I noticed this recently on a few streams. The intended one has a black backdrop with a spinning orb that takes up half the screen whereas the buggy one is a sphere floating in mid-air with Safer's background. I'll correct that soon (and the Max Ray thing).

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: 2020-03-22 12:40:10 »
This is driving me crazy. Is there still a reward for defeating all of the Fort Condor battles? And if so, what is it?

wraggy225

• View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: 2020-03-22 12:47:49 »
Just got the mod today and im so stoked to play it!!

Quick question is there any database with new enemy HP etc? Also the 'innate abilities' is there a way to view these in game or is there a page where they are all stored, would love to check it out!

TIA guys!

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: 2020-03-22 19:43:06 »
Hey Sega Chief,

First time poster in this thread. I'm a big fan of the mod despite having barely played it myself. I watched a full playthrough of it last summer, and recently convinced a friend to try the mod and he loves it! I was going to start playing the game this weekend, but I read that 2.0 is just around the corner, so I figured I should wait.

Anyways, I wanted to thank you and everyone who works on this mod for your contribution. It's made me fall in love all over again with FFVII.

Question: is it at all possible to mod FFVII to make it so the battle party consists of four characters, just like the previous FF games? I've always disliked how post-VI FF games scaled back to parties of three members. I'm not asking if that is going to make its way into New Threat; I know that would require completely rebalancing the game. I'm just curious if it is simply possible or not.

Cheers!

DKOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: 2020-03-22 22:16:37 »

I don't think there's a way to get the save files back, unless they're sent through the recycle bin. As for what item is what in the save editor, here's a list of them starting from Highwind:

https://i.imgur.com/9pApO8b.png

You are a godsend, SegaChief.
One last thing and I should have everything, I know its a nightmare and I'm truly sorry:

The Changelog states that
Replacing the situational Poisona is Osmose, a spell that appears in Slot 1 of the Heal Materia.

I had both Heal and Osmose materia separately, so is the Osmose materia ID from another materia?

Oh and I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but the mod is beyond fantastic. Best of luck with 2.0

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: 2020-03-23 00:15:24 »
This is driving me crazy. Is there still a reward for defeating all of the Fort Condor battles? And if so, what is it?

It's a Masamune; in NT this weapon can be equipped by any character. Its battle model will use the first weapon model of each character rather than the actual Masamune model (it's to do with IDs; if Barret equipped Buster Sword for instance then it'd look like Gatling Gun in battle). You can make a Masamune in the same place as the Ultimate Weapons using certain materials (blue house on world map near Gongaga, Disc 3).

Just got the mod today and im so stoked to play it!!

Quick question is there any database with new enemy HP etc? Also the 'innate abilities' is there a way to view these in game or is there a page where they are all stored, would love to check it out!

TIA guys!

I don#t have anything in-game currently, there's just the initial message. As for a database, your best bet is to download the tool Proud Clod (PRC) and view the mod's scene.bin. If you have the IRO then you'll need to unpack the IRO first using 7h's built in workshop tools.

Hey Sega Chief,

First time poster in this thread. I'm a big fan of the mod despite having barely played it myself. I watched a full playthrough of it last summer, and recently convinced a friend to try the mod and he loves it! I was going to start playing the game this weekend, but I read that 2.0 is just around the corner, so I figured I should wait.

Anyways, I wanted to thank you and everyone who works on this mod for your contribution. It's made me fall in love all over again with FFVII.

Question: is it at all possible to mod FFVII to make it so the battle party consists of four characters, just like the previous FF games? I've always disliked how post-VI FF games scaled back to parties of three members. I'm not asking if that is going to make its way into New Threat; I know that would require completely rebalancing the game. I'm just curious if it is simply possible or not.

Cheers!

It would require a reworking of the game's engine, as most modules rely on 3-character parties. The Menu format for instance would need to change, the PHS screens, Save menus (and the save data to an extent), the Battles themselves (memory management, etc). It'd likely be less work to build a new game engine instead. The under development Sister Ray project may be able to do it but I'm not 100% on what's going to be in that feature-wise as it's still being worked on.

You are a godsend, SegaChief.
One last thing and I should have everything, I know its a nightmare and I'm truly sorry:

The Changelog states that
Replacing the situational Poisona is Osmose, a spell that appears in Slot 1 of the Heal Materia.

I had both Heal and Osmose materia separately, so is the Osmose materia ID from another materia?

Oh and I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but the mod is beyond fantastic. Best of luck with 2.0

Later on I separated Osmose out onto its own Materia instead of having it on Heal Materia, so the change log is (once again) out of date. I'm fairly terrible for keeping my documentation up to date unfortunately.

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: 2020-03-23 01:11:16 »
It's a Masamune; in NT this weapon can be equipped by any character. Its battle model will use the first weapon model of each character rather than the actual Masamune model (it's to do with IDs; if Barret equipped Buster Sword for instance then it'd look like Gatling Gun in battle). You can make a Masamune in the same place as the Ultimate Weapons using certain materials (blue house on world map near Gongaga, Disc 3).

Oh okay, so if you win the first one, theoretically you can have 2 in a playthrough?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9090 on: 2020-03-23 02:55:16 »
Oh okay, so if you win the first one, theoretically you can have 2 in a playthrough?

I think you can make 3 if you gt the materials together.

DKOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: 2020-03-23 02:58:41 »
Later on I separated Osmose out onto its own Materia instead of having it on Heal Materia, so the change log is (once again) out of date. I'm fairly terrible for keeping my documentation up to date unfortunately.

It's perfectly fine, I only tried the CL because I didnt want to have the information here as i'm asking.
So does this mean it wouldn't be possible to spawn in Osmose? Is there a shop that sells it, or anywhere else it can be picked up? I've logged my inventory, materia, stats,etc (although the SP levels are auto set to zero: i thought that might have been to do with the Battle counter but maxxing it out does nothing) and literally the only thing missing is Osmose. If not then last resort would be to smuggle it in from a brand new game (I'm very dedicated)

Thanks again!

Drayenn

• View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: 2020-03-23 04:20:17 »
I think you can make 3 if you gt the materials together.

Thanks Chief, I appreciate the response

Also this mod has singlehandedly reinvigorated the game for me and if we weren't in the middle of a global crisis that was otherwise occupying all of my resources, I'd happily throw you some donations and will likely do so as soon as said crisis abates.

Also do you have a planned changelist for 2.0? I really liked the customization aspect of SP in 1.5 and I saw someone mention it was going away?

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: 2020-03-23 06:39:16 »
I'm completely stumped on how to the last two Enemy Skills. "Where is the thing.txt" is out of date, saying several things that don't appear to be true any more.

Where are "Alpha" and "Pandora's Box"? After finding Dragon Force on Dark Dragon (rather than Magnitude8, which appears to be gone, now?), and getting Shadow Flare from Tyrant, and Deathcharge from Tsarcat in North Crater, I have everything else.

EDIT: Speaking of the North Crater, I'm extremely underwhelmed by the materia rewards in there. Outside of the Shield materia, which you get right at the start, and the HP Plus right near the end, I've found Added Effect twice, and Planet, all three of which I already had. Is the ability to get Planet earlier that North Crater a bug? It's so powerful that I can understand that being a possibility. But the two Added Effects are just weird. Why would you put those there?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 06:48:39 by coredumperror »

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: 2020-03-23 14:10:53 »
It's a Masamune; in NT this weapon can be equipped by any character.

So, is it an error, that doing the first Fort Condor fight, as the mandatory visit on the Huge materia quest rewards us with Masamune? I mean, never visiting Fort Condor before that mission. The old man talks to Cid as he's Cloud; "Your eyes are different" and after winning the battle, first he gives a Hi-Potion, then says "just kidding" and gives the Masamune. (Arrange btw)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 14:18:26 by Maziac »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: 2020-03-23 16:28:27 »
It's perfectly fine, I only tried the CL because I didnt want to have the information here as i'm asking.
So does this mean it wouldn't be possible to spawn in Osmose? Is there a shop that sells it, or anywhere else it can be picked up? I've logged my inventory, materia, stats,etc (although the SP levels are auto set to zero: i thought that might have been to do with the Battle counter but maxxing it out does nothing) and literally the only thing missing is Osmose. If not then last resort would be to smuggle it in from a brand new game (I'm very dedicated)

Thanks again!

It can be added through Black Chocobo; it should be the Materia under Time (it will likely say 'DO NOT USE' in the save editor, but ignore this).

There are three spots it was added to; Highwind, North Corel's Ropeway station, and the garden outside Aeris' house. If it isn't visible in one of those spots then go for a save editor.

Thanks Chief, I appreciate the response

Also this mod has singlehandedly reinvigorated the game for me and if we weren't in the middle of a global crisis that was otherwise occupying all of my resources, I'd happily throw you some donations and will likely do so as soon as said crisis abates.

Also do you have a planned changelist for 2.0? I really liked the customization aspect of SP in 1.5 and I saw someone mention it was going away?

The customisation isn't being removed, it's being combined with natural stat growth from levelling. The difference will be that you don't get the flat +5 to every stat on an upgrade, just the sources from your choice of upgrade.

I'm completely stumped on how to the last two Enemy Skills. "Where is the thing.txt" is out of date, saying several things that don't appear to be true any more.

Where are "Alpha" and "Pandora's Box"? After finding Dragon Force on Dark Dragon (rather than Magnitude8, which appears to be gone, now?), and getting Shadow Flare from Tyrant, and Deathcharge from Tsarcat in North Crater, I have everything else.

EDIT: Speaking of the North Crater, I'm extremely underwhelmed by the materia rewards in there. Outside of the Shield materia, which you get right at the start, and the HP Plus right near the end, I've found Added Effect twice, and Planet, all three of which I already had. Is the ability to get Planet earlier that North Crater a bug? It's so powerful that I can understand that being a possibility. But the two Added Effects are just weird. Why would you put those there?

The one with the mod download is out of date, but this one by Karsh is up to date: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X1sQP1Q6MVrxt1E7ytniaG_OEhN8XqlAH2Srv3iHjLc/edit#gid=1079360370

Chronocure takes the place of Alpha.

By the Crater, I felt like I'd ran out of things to place. Added Effect felt more handy than the default MP Absorb. Planet was acquirable earlier as part of the corel train segment which can be failed. Unless it was swapped with Comet, there's been a lot of changes over the years.

So, is it an error, that doing the first Fort Condor fight, as the mandatory visit on the Huge materia quest rewards us with Masamune? I mean, never visiting Fort Condor before that mission. The old man talks to Cid as he's Cloud; "Your eyes are different" and after winning the battle, first he gives a Hi-Potion, then says "just kidding" and gives the Masamune. (Arrange btw)

Maybe there's a fault in it. Did you give them money? I think they have enough to cover the battles that are unreachable and battles handled in that way are counted as won.

Maziac

• View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: 2020-03-23 17:05:35 »
Maybe there's a fault in it. Did you give them money? I think they have enough to cover the battles that are unreachable and battles handled in that way are counted as won.

Nope, no interaction before that. They treat Cid like he is Cloud in disc 1. There's the guy at the cave door with dialog options "Where is Junon?" and "We'll help you", theres also the teleport npc next to the rope. They explain all the minigame rules and lore. And after the battle we get Phoenix, Huge materia, Hi-Potion and Masamune. Oh and I did the Corel Train before Fort Condor
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 17:30:04 by Maziac »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: 2020-03-23 19:26:14 »
Hello Mr Chief, is there a database that shows the items that can be stolen and/or morphed from each enemy. Also thank you for a brilliant mod.

DKOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: 2020-03-24 01:21:20 »
It can be added through Black Chocobo; it should be the Materia under Time (it will likely say 'DO NOT USE' in the save editor, but ignore this).

There are three spots it was added to; Highwind, North Corel's Ropeway station, and the garden outside Aeris' house. If it isn't visible in one of those spots then go for a save editor.

Thank you so much for this, you've saved me 30 hours of work. For future reference, in case anyone has an obscure situation like this happen to them, the DO NOT USE materia cannot be spawned in using BlackChocobo, you have to manually pick it up (so for example I changed my location to Aerith's house, picked it up and changed back to Great Glacier).

Thanks so much again for everything, and in case enough people haven't said it, the mod is bloody brilliant.
(PS The Temple of the Ancients fights blew my mind)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: 2020-03-24 02:06:16 »
Nope, no interaction before that. They treat Cid like he is Cloud in disc 1. There's the guy at the cave door with dialog options "Where is Junon?" and "We'll help you", theres also the teleport npc next to the rope. They explain all the minigame rules and lore. And after the battle we get Phoenix, Huge materia, Hi-Potion and Masamune. Oh and I did the Corel Train before Fort Condor

Ah I see. I'll review the first visit logic and see what can be done there.

Hello Mr Chief, is there a database that shows the items that can be stolen and/or morphed from each enemy. Also thank you for a brilliant mod.

There's one in the mod download but it's a bit out of date. Your best bet is to use the tool Proud Clod to open the mod's scene.bin (if it's the IRO you're using then it'll need to be unpacked using 7h's workshop tools).

Thank you so much for this, you've saved me 30 hours of work. For future reference, in case anyone has an obscure situation like this happen to them, the DO NOT USE materia cannot be spawned in using BlackChocobo, you have to manually pick it up (so for example I changed my location to Aerith's house, picked it up and changed back to Great Glacier).

Thanks so much again for everything, and in case enough people haven't said it, the mod is bloody brilliant.
(PS The Temple of the Ancients fights blew my mind)

Thanks, bud. I didn't know the 'do not use' couldn't be assigned, I'll try to remember that for next time.