Author Topic: ff8 question (also a mod search)  (Read 2672 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
ff8 question (also a mod search)
« on: 2010-01-09 23:12:08 »
ight, first off, im back after a day or two of being gone, WHATUP EVERYBODEH!!!!!!

now, i've been searching for the past hour and a half for any mod that will stop that IDIOTIC thing where the monsters and bosses level corresponds to my own in final fantasy VIII ( 8 ), i would rather have them with set levels like in Final Fantasy 7 but again, cannot locate a mod to do this

if anyone, at all, on the planet earth itself, knows a solution to this, i implore your help

*gets on knee's*

PLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE?

thanks all, peace out
« Last Edit: 2010-01-09 23:17:27 by Jaitsu »

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
Re: ff8 question (also a mod search)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-10 06:37:00 »
You could use Ifrit to modify each enemy's stats to be the same for every level...

That way there would possibly be a little variance, but they would still probably be a specific difficulty...

However, this would require you to edit all 140+ enemies one at a time... and no guarantees on how well it would work.

Honestly I can't see how the enemy levelling would be much of an issue... Unless you just suck at junctioning...

If you junction 100 Ultima's to roughly any stat at level 20, the enemies will still be in their 'low level' phase, but you'd be able to max out the junctioned stat...

I just don't think there's enough demand to remove that feature for there to be any attempt at it.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-01-10 14:50:50 »
You could use Ifrit to modify each enemy's stats to be the same for every level...

That way there would possibly be a little variance, but they would still probably be a specific difficulty...

However, this would require you to edit all 140+ enemies one at a time... and no guarantees on how well it would work.

Honestly I can't see how the enemy levelling would be much of an issue... Unless you just suck at junctioning...

If you junction 100 Ultima's to roughly any stat at level 20, the enemies will still be in their 'low level' phase, but you'd be able to max out the junctioned stat...

I just don't think there's enough demand to remove that feature for there to be any attempt at it.

oh trust me, i never caught on to the whole "junctioning" thing :P

faquemon

« Reply #3 on: 2010-01-13 15:13:41 »
Jaitsu the only mods that i am aware of for FF8 are the ones that i found yesterday in the following post

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8761.0 - thanks to Phun!

read the 1st page until the end and you will find all the mods (;