Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4897039 times)

shadowdarkraven

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10650 on: 2021-02-03 07:20:00 »
I love this mod, im doing a playthrough of the most recent version  and the last version i played was the 1.5 release. I had a question about something that just occurred.  During the Kalm flashback scene i was able to remove the materia from Sephiroth and Cloud, then after the flash back finished it let me keep the materia. is this a bug or intended? i am playing on arrangement B if that helps.

Rainku

• View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: 2021-02-03 19:36:44 »
Hey there! Played your 1.5 mod awhile back and really enjoyed it, so I figured no harm in sharing my thoughts.

Absalutely fantastic job! I'm a bit of a casual, but I found the original game too easy so I was in search for a more balanced game mod, this mod delivered all that except for a few things in my opinion such as:

- Moving the Contain, Ultima etc materia from their original gaining points to Northern Cave. I use to do everything post game before going completely down Northern Cave in vanilla. That's just how I played. So for me, having to complete Northern Cave only to have to go back out again feels anticlimactic. I know you have to enter Northern Cave in the original and then go back out, but that's still better than having to go all the way down.
- Although I love the idea of extra bosses to gain each character's limit, I found all the 1v1 battles exhausting after awhile and it kind of ruined the fun I had with the mod leading up to that point.

Now I'm at the endgame of your 2.0 mod. I played through type A and I loved all of it! I was also super relieved that there werent as many 1v1 battles to obtain all the final limits, aswell as not having to go through northern cave first to unlock the side quests. I also love how all the towns are ocupied, the new dialouge, everything is cool and sometimes funny, but never felt too out of place. Really great! So far the only issue that remains for me, personaly, is the Contain, Ultima etc materia being only obtainable in Northern Cave. So I used Black Chocobo to pretend I got it from their original places. I also minused 10000 AP from the Comet Materia since getting Comet2 was taking way too long(although I get it does more dmg, but I still couldn't see myself grinding that long, especialy since I'm at endgame and would like to have all my spells at my disposal at that point).

So exellent work! Thank you so much!

Just a quick question: I use to farm my limit break usage on cactuar island by manipulating one of the catuers and having it use 1000 needles repeatedly on the party member whom's limit break I wish to use. I noticed I can't manipulate that cactuer anymore, so I don't know where the next best place is to drive the limit gauge up quicker? I know I can kill multiple enemies to gain the next limit level, but I'm talking specificly about getting the limit gauge up as soon as possible to making gaining the next limit move within that level faster?

tiny_spark

• View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: 2021-02-03 21:27:37 »
I am playing on 1.5. I made it to the northern crater and split my party up. I made it to the bottom and talked to everyone but now I can't change my party to anyone I didn't bring with me the whole way through the northern crater (Cid and Red XIII). The only exception is Tifa which I suspect works because of the party leader change option.

Is there something else I have to do to be able to add the other characters to my party?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: 2021-02-04 00:07:08 »
Hi there,

I registered in the forum to say that NT is an absolutely fantastic mod! I actually played 1.5 some time ago and never said thanks and congratulations for the amazing work that was put in creating this mod.

I've been playing 2.0 Remix lately and I decided to tackle the optional bosses, manly the new KOTR bosses, and then Emerald and Ruby.

I got past the KOTR bosses easily after finding a good strategy, but I've been stuck against Emerald for days because I can't find a good way to take it down. I DID won a few moments ago by spamming KOTR and Mime, but I feel like my victory is a bit..."empty"? I mean, I won but I feel like I cheese it a bit, so I wanted to try winning without resorting to KOTR spamming. The issue I'm having is that his eyes simply wreck me, and them having 12kHP doesn't help much either.

I wanted to ask if there is some trick to defend against the eyes. I know I can slow them, but I think it's still not enough.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Well, Ruby doesn't joke either. I think playing the Remix/Arranged mode was a challenge too hard for me.

It's been a while since I checked but I think you can forestall the Limit Mode by using the 3 bahamut summons; this is based on the original emerald behaviour where it would 'accelerate' to use Aire Tam Storm if hit by KOTR but could be delayed from it if hit by Bahamut Summons instead.

This is my first post I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong. Anyway, I would like to report a bug involving 1/35 soldier items. The 1/35 soldier that you pick up inside the chest on the scaffolding during the Midgar raid does not increase your item value. Meaning that even if you pick them all up you still don't get the reward because you final value only reaches 11. Cheating the item with black chocobo without collecting them all gives you the prompt that they are fake. However if you do collected them all and then cheat the item in, it counts it as genuine. What I understand from this is that the game gives you the check for picking it up but it simply doesn't add it to your inventory. I made a video on this but I won't post links as I don't know if it is allowed, but it is under the channel name Rushiryu.

Yeah that's the issue currently; the variable flag is toggled but the item given is wrong (vaccine). It's been fixed in the patch but the patch itself isn't finished yet.

I'm new here, so I apologize if I missed any etiquette regarding quoting and such. Also, I'm pretty confident the bit of feedback below has been brought to your attention already.

- Love this mod. I was let down SO badly by the Remake, but what you have crafted is by far one of the absolute best balance / challenge / content mods I've ever encountered across any game. Kudos. Double kudos. Triple kudos.
- It's possible to unequip and retain the accessories and Materia from the Kalm flashback. You acknowledged this on a YouTube video highlighting this exploit, but only Materia was mentioned.
- The Tough Ring I snagged off Sephiroth is spelled "Touph Ring". Not sure if this is a typo or something I misunderstood (especially since other rings have been renamed). The "Jem Ring" is also potentially mispelled.
- Weapons possessing innate elements are a pretty big double-edge. Yuffie seems especially hurt by this, as I found myself switching back to her initial equip for a chunk of the game after recruiting her. I'd gladly take lower base stats if it meant rebalancing weapons to not include an element.
- Why add Reflect to Big Guard? I've tried developing a strategy where I could make this Enemy Skill work, but fall flat. I know Haste in vanilla is TOO good, but Reflect ruins it. Shield would be cool, at the cost of much, MUCH higher MP, but is arguably still imbalanced. Maybe Resist instead of Haste or Reflect?
- Would you consider making Osmose (AWESOME addition) work with All in exchange for lower potency?
- I CANNOT get the Harpy in the Gold Saucer desert to cast Aqualung, despite the documentation saying to lower HP (even as low as 40). I tried against 20 or so before giving up and using Black Chocobo to edit it in.
- I also found myself too frustrated to keep farming the Jersey enemies in Shinra Mansion and used Black Chocobo to give myself the ? ? ? ? ? Enemy Skill. I went as far as only having Cloud alive with Enemy Skill equipped and they would not cast it; having anyone else up at all would result in the Jersey enemy targeting whoever did not have Enemy Skill equipped.
- Non-boss enemies being immune to Manipulate is pretty frustrating. The Mu, Harpy, and Jersey (and I'm sure others) really waste a lot of time when their Enemy Skill is not guaranteed to trigger under certain conditions (turn number, counter attack, etc.) when coupled with encounter rates.
- What are the proc rates for Red XIII's damage increases and Vincent's regen? I've only seen Red XIII's increase once after first recruiting him, and have yet to see Vincent's regen (I may need to slow down battle message speed). Also, Vincent's innate mentions in-game cycling through his limits, but I didn't see an explanation in the downloaded documentation.
-Once again: amazing work. Quadruple kudos!

May you and your loved ones stay safe and well.

The sephiroth thing is a variable that gets toggled before the flashback begins and I disabled that thinking it was affecting the hard mode toggle (which later turned out to be related to the G-Bike minigame which was unexpected). I've reinstated the flag but it's not in the current build yet. I kept the original Touph Ring spelling, I just kind of prefer it (but for other things like DeSpell, I went with Dispel instead). Oddly enough, I didn't realise Jem ring was mis-spelled until you pointed it out; just so used to seeing it as that.

Reflect can work in your favour as multi-target spells against a party with Reflect on will bounce 1 iteration of that spell back at the enemy each. So if you cast Bolt3+All at your party, 3x Bolt3 spells will hit an enemy.

I can set Osmose to work with All (I think).

I'll check Harpy out, seems to have come up a couple times. I think the issue is that the counter check needs to iterate through each % of HP before it will use it (and has a random chance to at that); it's a bit like Zolom in Vanilla who won't use Beta until it has used Raise Up and Eject via counters first.

Jersey I think they need to have a certain 'leaning' before they'll use it. But I forget if it's the physical immune or magic immune leaning for it.

Some enemies have to be immune due to moving parts like Mu who has a separate 'enemy' for the crater he fights out of. Larger enemies I think should be immune as they can be trivialised with Manipulate and are essentially dead in the water once that status is on them (I don't think magic attacks knock them out of it).

Red's proc should be something like 50% per post-action (any actor doing something, it evaluates this check afterwards). It won't evaluate though if he already has either 255 strength or 255 magic. There's also no proc message anymore and it rises by 1 when successful (for a max of +45). Vincent's regen is 20% and only procs if his current HP won't exceed his Max HP when it does.

I love this mod, im doing a playthrough of the most recent version  and the last version i played was the 1.5 release. I had a question about something that just occurred.  During the Kalm flashback scene i was able to remove the materia from Sephiroth and Cloud, then after the flash back finished it let me keep the materia. is this a bug or intended? i am playing on arrangement B if that helps.

It wasn't intended and will be sorted out soon.

Hey there! Played your 1.5 mod awhile back and really enjoyed it, so I figured no harm in sharing my thoughts.

Absalutely fantastic job! I'm a bit of a casual, but I found the original game too easy so I was in search for a more balanced game mod, this mod delivered all that except for a few things in my opinion such as:

- Moving the Contain, Ultima etc materia from their original gaining points to Northern Cave. I use to do everything post game before going completely down Northern Cave in vanilla. That's just how I played. So for me, having to complete Northern Cave only to have to go back out again feels anticlimactic. I know you have to enter Northern Cave in the original and then go back out, but that's still better than having to go all the way down.
- Although I love the idea of extra bosses to gain each character's limit, I found all the 1v1 battles exhausting after awhile and it kind of ruined the fun I had with the mod leading up to that point.

Now I'm at the endgame of your 2.0 mod. I played through type A and I loved all of it! I was also super relieved that there werent as many 1v1 battles to obtain all the final limits, aswell as not having to go through northern cave first to unlock the side quests. I also love how all the towns are ocupied, the new dialouge, everything is cool and sometimes funny, but never felt too out of place. Really great! So far the only issue that remains for me, personaly, is the Contain, Ultima etc materia being only obtainable in Northern Cave. So I used Black Chocobo to pretend I got it from their original places. I also minused 10000 AP from the Comet Materia since getting Comet2 was taking way too long(although I get it does more dmg, but I still couldn't see myself grinding that long, especialy since I'm at endgame and would like to have all my spells at my disposal at that point).

So exellent work! Thank you so much!

Just a quick question: I use to farm my limit break usage on cactuar island by manipulating one of the catuers and having it use 1000 needles repeatedly on the party member whom's limit break I wish to use. I noticed I can't manipulate that cactuer anymore, so I don't know where the next best place is to drive the limit gauge up quicker? I know I can kill multiple enemies to gain the next limit level, but I'm talking specificly about getting the limit gauge up as soon as possible to making gaining the next limit move within that level faster?

For Limit Gauges, I think Mandragora might be an option around the chocobo ranch. Their attacks are %-based on HP if I remember correctly. You just need to 'set them off' by targeting them with an action (maybe a grenade or something) and they'll start attacking after that in response.

I am playing on 1.5. I made it to the northern crater and split my party up. I made it to the bottom and talked to everyone but now I can't change my party to anyone I didn't bring with me the whole way through the northern crater (Cid and Red XIII). The only exception is Tifa which I suspect works because of the party leader change option.

Is there something else I have to do to be able to add the other characters to my party?

Not sure what's happened there; I would try going to the Highwind's Operation Room and changing party leader (just set it as Cloud again), that should unlock everyone. If not, let me know.

tiny_spark

• View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: 2021-02-04 01:59:55 »
Not sure what's happened there; I would try going to the Highwind's Operation Room and changing party leader (just set it as Cloud again), that should unlock everyone. If not, let me know.

I tried this but the other characters remain unselectable.

I also tried going back through the crater but taking a different route and clearing the boss. I was able to go down the path (which I was blocked from during the initial descent) and get to the bottom again but the other characters remain unselectable.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-04 21:21:07 by tiny_spark »

Rainku

• View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: 2021-02-05 03:11:12 »
Hey can I ask a dumbass question?

What's the most efficient way of defeating safer sephiroth?.. the battle took ages for me cause I did not have alot of armor piercing attacks. What's going on here? What are you meant to do? For reference I was playing gameplay type A.

Oh yeah and when I manipulate a Dark Dragon at Northern Cave, is it normal that you can only select to use Dragon Force on one party member(which is the same one who is manipulating)?

Tiiiiiiiime for type B!
« Last Edit: 2021-02-05 03:56:40 by Rainku »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: 2021-02-05 04:10:36 »

What's the most efficient way of defeating safer sephiroth?.. the battle took ages for me cause I did not have alot of armor piercing attacks. What's going on here? What are you meant to do? For reference I was playing gameplay type A.

Oh yeah and when I manipulate a Dark Dragon at Northern Cave, is it normal that you can only select to use Dragon Force on one party member(which is the same one who is manipulating)?

Tiiiiiiiime for type B!
Spoiler: show

something like w-summonr 2kotr, cmd-counter mime, cmd-counter mime and mag boosting materia :) which is more or less cheese method

regards deathforce
 u can learn it from another enemy, wutai beach adamatoise selecting any party member to learn

Rushiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: 2021-02-05 10:26:23 »
Man trying to figure out what the Chocobo secrets are about is a headache.

I have a hunch about the red letters and why the U in luck is whitened out but I could be wrong. I'm thinking it's an A _ _ _ _ _ m

Anyway I have a question about it if you can answer it that hopefully doesn't reveal too much.

Is it something you can do post game after you've done everything, or are some of the places not revisitable, like whirlwind maze or corel prison for instance.

I'd love it if I don't get my time from 73 to 99 for no reason if that's possible lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: 2021-02-05 16:34:17 »
I tried this but the other characters remain unselectable.

I also tried going back through the crater but taking a different route and clearing the boss. I was able to go down the path (which I was blocked from during the initial descent) and get to the bottom again but the other characters remain unselectable.

Could I get a copy of your save file? I'll need to check through it to see what's happened. All characters should be unlocked once reaching the bottom of North Crater (when characters reunite) or when leaving. It'll likely be some old 1.5 flaw in the logic there that was introduced when I tried to circumvent player Materia loss by replacing 'character unavailable' with 'character lock'.

Tiiiiiiiime for type B!

As you attack, his defences erode by 3. So if you hit him 10 times with physical attacks his defence falls by 30. So something you can do is start off with defence-ignoring attacks, Fire spells (Fire1 would be best as all 3 spell tiers have the same defences reduction), and some physicals from Added Cut or whatever mixed in there. Then once the battle has progressed for a bit and his defences have been shaved down, swap over to the more heavy-hitting spells like Contain or Ultima. Just mind that he changes his elemental weakness between Wind and Holy when he flies up/down.

If you have enough stuff gathered and levelled then a KOTR set-up would also do the trick.

Dragon Force I think I need to sort out due to the target lock. What you could try for now is:
Manipulate the Crater Dragon
Have another character cast Confuse (or similar on him); as the animation plays, quickly swap to the character controlling the Crater Dragon and select/use Dragon Force.
If it works, it should instead use Dragon Force on the party instead of himself as Confuse 'flips' single-target flags. This method was used to apply Hypers (and Fury status) to enemies in the base game.

It'll be sorted in the upcoming patch though.

Man trying to figure out what the Chocobo secrets are about is a headache.

I have a hunch about the red letters and why the U in luck is whitened out but I could be wrong. I'm thinking it's an A _ _ _ _ _ m

Anyway I have a question about it if you can answer it that hopefully doesn't reveal too much.

Is it something you can do post game after you've done everything, or are some of the places not revisitable, like whirlwind maze or corel prison for instance.

I'd love it if I don't get my time from 73 to 99 for no reason if that's possible lol.

Whirlwind Maze and Corel Prison aren't revisitable, no.

Rainku

• View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: 2021-02-05 20:02:09 »
As you attack, his defences erode by 3. So if you hit him 10 times with physical attacks his defence falls by 30. So something you can do is start off with defence-ignoring attacks, Fire spells (Fire1 would be best as all 3 spell tiers have the same defences reduction), and some physicals from Added Cut or whatever mixed in there. Then once the battle has progressed for a bit and his defences have been shaved down, swap over to the more heavy-hitting spells like Contain or Ultima. Just mind that he changes his elemental weakness between Wind and Holy when he flies up/down.

Aaaaah okay. That's actually pretty clever... Is it possible to add a note during battle that physical attacks weaken his armor? Like "Sephiroth's defence is eroding" after doing a physical attack or something.. well I suppose I did notice the dmg go up, but it was hard to figure what exactly caused it to go up. Like I don't think I would've guessed physical attacks would take down his armor so I rarely did them. Does the fire spell defence lowering stack? I always thought it was like a debuff that doesn't stack. That would make sense aswell then...
*Spoilers for Final Fantasy Lightning Returns*
That kind of reminds me of the Bhunivelze Final Form fight where you had to try and stagger him with your dmg slowly going up with the right abilities used, until he was staggered.
That's pretty cool.

tiny_spark

• View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: 2021-02-05 21:34:43 »
Could I get a copy of your save file? I'll need to check through it to see what's happened. All characters should be unlocked once reaching the bottom of North Crater (when characters reunite) or when leaving. It'll likely be some old 1.5 flaw in the logic there that was introduced when I tried to circumvent player Materia loss by replacing 'character unavailable' with 'character lock'.

Here is a link:
https://mega.nz/file/sdAXFKpa#rWgtaAu1Y9-tH4Ij-GuKqZwN5VF3gGnIZ6ONXh9fVho

I really appreciate you taking a look at it. I've loved playing it so far and really want to see the new endgame stuff you've added.

Edit: I didn't realize that save files were editable. I found an editor called Black Chocobo and was able to reenable selection of all characters so it looks like I am back to normal.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-05 22:09:21 by tiny_spark »

pedro1427

• View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: 2021-02-06 17:52:14 »
Couple of things - just got to Wutai.
1. i turned in the flyers and ONLY got an astral curtain. I read a previous post that said I would get more, including gospel spark. Have I done something wrong?
2. in the pagoda, Yuffie's attacks only do 1 damage, no matter what weapon I use (it's not a materia element either)

Rushiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: 2021-02-06 23:08:53 »
I've thoroughly enjoyed this mod and I feel like the balancing and changes to the weapons, materia, as well as the innate abilities give you many options to your strategy. You've done great work Sega Chief. The script changes are really cool as well, like the extra content the added dialogue and the new bosses in certain areas. Stuff like the characters appearing in towns makes the game feel more 'alive' in a sense. The difficulty is also spot on, you really nailed it. It's difficult enough that it is always challenging and punishing, but not rage inducing to where it feels like a chore. Very well done.

Now I feel like I've done everything in this mod, assuming that dark cave isn't a thing as of version 2.0, but I wonder if any of you guys have figured out what to do with the inert save points in the Nothern Cave. I understand of the red color theme being prominent throughout some parts of the game, first in the Shinra Mansion with "the fifth row has been (melody)" being in red color and being seemingly gibberish at first, what with the piano being 'broken', but turning out to be a boss fight that drops the ? ? ? ?  item, which can only be used inside the Nothern Cave where the save points happen to be. Secondly with the Silver Chocobo in the Great Glacier whispering secrets of red color again. The white letters being a place, presumably, and the red letters being a hint. My first thought was that the red letters are an anagram but I'm not so sure. 'Coincidentally' there are 4 secrets and 4 red checkpoints. I believe you have to do something involving those secrets that makes the save points become active and then maybe you have to use the ? ? ? ? item. I'm afraid though that I don't know what it is you have to do. I've tried different crazy things like for instance for the secret 'Forgotten in a house: Daze for key cards' I went to a hell house and used a dazer (LOL I know...). 'Trapped in the sand' sounded like Corel prison, with the red letters being 'HEAD WALK CAST MUTE. Going down the ladder in the center down to the well you can find a weird figurine. It's just a big head with a red (again the color red) body. I don't know if it's a random thing or a reference to something else entirely just for fun or if it actually has to do with the riddles. I even tried to cast silence on the enemies down there, which always happen to be 2-faced (literally just a head enemy) and it's always 4 of them and in a pincer attack formation which I thought was odd. I'm probably majorly overthinking this.

Anyway, if anybody knows anything, I'd be glad to hear what you guys have to say. I've spent more than I'd like to admit trying different things with no results that I'm even beginning to think that it's something that hasn't been implemented yet, or maybe it's just one big troll. My last brain cells have deceased trying to figure it out, as it could be literally anything, from an action in a battle or a script in a field or something in the world map or all those things combined.

I'm also curious if Dark Matter is actually used for something or if it's just an item of the past.

Again, you've done an amazing job. The characters, along with their innate abilities and their weapons having different effects, and the builds you use makes your party feel unique and different from each other, giving an awesome varied experience, unlike in the vanilla game where basically the only true difference, especially in the end game, was just the limit breaks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: 2021-02-07 13:31:26 »
Aaaaah okay. That's actually pretty clever... Is it possible to add a note during battle that physical attacks weaken his armor? Like "Sephiroth's defence is eroding" after doing a physical attack or something.. well I suppose I did notice the dmg go up, but it was hard to figure what exactly caused it to go up. Like I don't think I would've guessed physical attacks would take down his armor so I rarely did them. Does the fire spell defence lowering stack? I always thought it was like a debuff that doesn't stack. That would make sense aswell then...
*Spoilers for Final Fantasy Lightning Returns*
That kind of reminds me of the Bhunivelze Final Form fight where you had to try and stagger him with your dmg slowly going up with the right abilities used, until he was staggered.
That's pretty cool.

I thought about adding a prompt but decided against it in the end. If it displays once then might think it's only in response to certain things, if displays every time then it's a nuisance.

Here is a link:
https://mega.nz/file/sdAXFKpa#rWgtaAu1Y9-tH4Ij-GuKqZwN5VF3gGnIZ6ONXh9fVho

I really appreciate you taking a look at it. I've loved playing it so far and really want to see the new endgame stuff you've added.

Edit: I didn't realize that save files were editable. I found an editor called Black Chocobo and was able to reenable selection of all characters so it looks like I am back to normal.

Fair enough; I'll see if I can spot the issue and patch 1.5 for it.

Couple of things - just got to Wutai.
1. i turned in the flyers and ONLY got an astral curtain. I read a previous post that said I would get more, including gospel spark. Have I done something wrong?
2. in the pagoda, Yuffie's attacks only do 1 damage, no matter what weapon I use (it's not a materia element either)

Think it is just that now; in 1.5 it was a few things, but in 2.0 it's the curtain. Shield can be quite handy as most attacks have an element so it'll be like an invuln.

The first fight against Gorki; he has maxed defences, so you need to use attacks that get around it. I think gravity works, and there's some status ailments that will do the trick as well.

I've tried different crazy things like for instance for the secret 'Forgotten in a house: Daze for key cards' I went to a hell house and used a dazer

Rushiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: 2021-02-07 16:17:06 »
Alright everyone, it's me, yours truly, 'Mr. has three posts and they are all about the chocobo secrets mystery'. I don't see any posts or videos about this subject which is sad. Trying to solve mysteries like that reminds me of being 10 y.o. at night trying to find stuff about my favorite RPGs. It's a nice feeling, trying to explore this mystery. Anyway I'll try to give some ideas because I'm struggling to figure it out alone, and maybe my ideas spark a fire in your minds as well.

First, judging by Sega Chief's response, this is actually something you can actually complete in this game. I must be pretty close with the 'Forgotten in a house: Daze for key cards' secret. There is 2 ways I see it. I'm pretty convinced it's something you have to use a dazer on. Now I'm not sure if it is meant to be a Hell House, because after dazing it, it didn't have any different steal/morph/drop items. Either the white letters refer to places, such as 'Whirling in winds' being Whirlwind Maze (or somewhere else) or if they refer to enemies, such as maybe the Formula mobs, those kinda whirl in winds, or maybe bats which move around like crazy in the air. But as for the red letters I think those are referring to items. 'HEAD WALK CAST MUTE' maybe mute refers to Mute Mask, 'DAZE FOR KEY CARDS' is maybe a Dazer, 'GIVE SPECTRAL BILE LUCK' maybe is a Lucky Pill? Although I'm still not sure why the U in LUCK is gray instead of red. Is that even intentional or an error? And 'HERO KING DROWNED IN WOE' maybe refers to a Hero drink, either the classic version or the fake Hero drink II. I have a couple of ideas but I don't have clues for everything. For instance, is there an enemy trapped in sand? Only one I can think of is Ruby Weapon. I've no idea what 'Sealed in buried rock' means. Only buried thing that comes to mind is the archeological site but I think that that's a miss. I've also been thinking, maybe you do in fact have to Dazer a Hell House, but the reason it didn't work for me is because you perhaps have to do it in order? Like first I gotta do the 'Trapped in the sand: HEAD WALK CAST MUTE' part. I've been visiting a lot of places and trying different things but no dice... I should mention that after I Dazer'd a Hell House and stealing and morphing it, I got no key cards or whatever, the silver chocobo dialogue was the exact same and the 4 red save points all remained inert.

Any idea you guys might have, even if it sounds silly to you, just say it. Something you say, even if it's wrong, might make someone else think of something.

I know Sega Chief wants us to solve this, because I know damn well that most of the fun of creating a puzzle comes from people solving it, and not the creation of it. I don't exactly want his help, as that ruins the fun for both me and him.
But I do have to ask you something, Sega Chief, you don't have to be exactly clear with it. For me to be able to stay determined, not quit, and keep trying I need to know 2 things.

1) Is this something that can be done post game,like after being the weapons and everything. Or are you able to complete it only when you first run through some areas. I wouldn't mind replaying the game if I have to, since like I said the gameplay is varied and fun,but if I've been trying to solve it on disc 3 and part of the puzzle is in areas such as 'Corel prison' , 'Temple of the Ancients' or 'Whirlwind Maze' or against a boss that I can't fight again then that's gonna suck. Can I do this on disk 3 alone, or does it rely on One-time-event scripts.

And 2) Does something happen when I complete a step? Like let's say I did indeed had to Dazer a Hell House, how do I know that that was correct? Is there any indicator? I don't want you to tell me what the indicator is, I just want to know if there is a change somewhere. Could be anything from getting an item or an individual save point lighting up, etc. I just want to know if an indicator of success exists. And if so, does each individual secret have it's own indicator revealing I did something right? Or do I have to do ALL 4 STEPS and ONLY THEN something happens. Because if I have to do every step of the secret correctly and only then something changes then I'm doomed to fail lol, since it is virtually impossible to know which of the things I've done are correct and which are not.

Any sort of answer/encouragement to continue is appreciated.

Rushiryu

• View Profile
« Reply #10665 on: 2021-02-09 09:39:03 »

1) Is this something that can be done post game,like after being the weapons and everything. Or are you able to complete it only when you first run through some areas. I wouldn't mind replaying the game if I have to, since like I said the gameplay is varied and fun,but if I've been trying to solve it on disc 3 and part of the puzzle is in areas such as 'Corel prison' , 'Temple of the Ancients' or 'Whirlwind Maze' or against a boss that I can't fight again then that's gonna suck. Can I do this on disk 3 alone, or does it rely on One-time-event scripts.

And 2) Does something happen when I complete a step? Like let's say I did indeed had to Dazer a Hell House, how do I know that that was correct? Is there any indicator? I don't want you to tell me what the indicator is, I just want to know if there is a change somewhere. Could be anything from getting an item or an individual save point lighting up, etc. I just want to know if an indicator of success exists. And if so, does each individual secret have it's own indicator revealing I did something right? Or do I have to do ALL 4 STEPS and ONLY THEN something happens. Because if I have to do every step of the secret correctly and only then something changes then I'm doomed to fail lol, since it is virtually impossible to know which of the things I've done are correct and which are not.

I'll answer myself, I guess. Since I know now.
1) Secrets are in areas you can't revisit on disk 3
And 2) As soon as you do, you will know.
Get your black chocobos out and teleport around friends :)

waterbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #10666 on: 2021-02-09 17:08:36 »
Afternoon Sega! Firstly I would like to say I am deeply enjoying this mod (2.0).  As someone who played the original in 97 and has logged thousands of hours in it, I was amazed at how this was able to rekindle that "new jrpg" feeling in me.  I can't stop playing!

As for the point of this post, I'm having a couple of issues that I hope you (or others) can clear up for me:

1) Barret's lv4 limit is supposed to be in Kalm, but I have spoken to everybody there (and in North Corel) and nothing is triggering. I already defeated the X-ATM at the Corel reactor and I have his ultimate weapon. Did I mess something up?

2) is there a way to re-spec your characters in game? If not, can one be added?
« Last Edit: 2021-02-09 23:59:02 by waterbomb »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: 2021-02-10 00:01:29 »
Afternoon Sega! Firstly I would like to say I am deeply enjoying this mod (2.0).  As someone who played the original in 97 and has logged thousands of hours in it, I was amazed at how this was able to rekindle that "new jrpg" feeling in me.  I can't stop playing!

As for the point of this post, I'm having a couple of issues that I hope you (or others) can clear up for me:

1) I defeated ultimate weapon, but he did not drop Cloud's Ultima Weapon. Is this supposed to be a 100% drop rate? Is there another iteration of him that I have to fight again to get it?

2) Barret's lv4 limit is supposed to be in Kalm, but I have spoken to everybody there (and in North Corel) and nothing is triggering. I already defeated the X-ATM at the Corel reactor and I have his ultimate weapon. Did I mess something up?

3) is there a way to re-spec your characters in game? If not, can one be added?

It's supposed to be a 100% drop when he's defeated over Cosmo Canyon. He won't drop it when defeated in Mideel or over other areas, only at the final encounter.

Barret's thing should be in front of the weapon shop counter in Kalm. It might be to do with the check for a key item that was added; do you have a key item in your inventory called Pendant or something like that?

No re-spec is in there unfortunately; there was a savemap editing feature hack made a long time ago but the functionality (I think) is tied to Reunion so it would need to be set up as specific to that version.

waterbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: 2021-02-10 13:55:02 »
Was dark cave removed from this mod? I've done everything else but Dio still won't appear in the showroom to trigger it.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-11 23:40:40 by waterbomb »

catman364

• View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: 2021-02-11 22:34:37 »
Alright everyone, it's me, yours truly, 'Mr. has three posts and they are all about the chocobo secrets mystery'. I don't see any posts or videos about this subject which is sad. Trying to solve mysteries like that reminds me of being 10 y.o. at night trying to find stuff about my favorite RPGs. It's a nice feeling, trying to explore this mystery. Anyway I'll try to give some ideas because I'm struggling to figure it out alone, and maybe my ideas spark a fire in your minds as well.

First, judging by Sega Chief's response, this is actually something you can actually complete in this game. I must be pretty close with the 'Forgotten in a house: Daze for key cards' secret. There is 2 ways I see it. I'm pretty convinced it's something you have to use a dazer on. Now I'm not sure if it is meant to be a Hell House, because after dazing it, it didn't have any different steal/morph/drop items. Either the white letters refer to places, such as 'Whirling in winds' being Whirlwind Maze (or somewhere else) or if they refer to enemies, such as maybe the Formula mobs, those kinda whirl in winds, or maybe bats which move around like crazy in the air. But as for the red letters I think those are referring to items. 'HEAD WALK CAST MUTE' maybe mute refers to Mute Mask, 'DAZE FOR KEY CARDS' is maybe a Dazer, 'GIVE SPECTRAL BILE LUCK' maybe is a Lucky Pill? Although I'm still not sure why the U in LUCK is gray instead of red. Is that even intentional or an error? And 'HERO KING DROWNED IN WOE' maybe refers to a Hero drink, either the classic version or the fake Hero drink II. I have a couple of ideas but I don't have clues for everything. For instance, is there an enemy trapped in sand? Only one I can think of is Ruby Weapon. I've no idea what 'Sealed in buried rock' means. Only buried thing that comes to mind is the archeological site but I think that that's a miss. I've also been thinking, maybe you do in fact have to Dazer a Hell House, but the reason it didn't work for me is because you perhaps have to do it in order? Like first I gotta do the 'Trapped in the sand: HEAD WALK CAST MUTE' part. I've been visiting a lot of places and trying different things but no dice... I should mention that after I Dazer'd a Hell House and stealing and morphing it, I got no key cards or whatever, the silver chocobo dialogue was the exact same and the 4 red save points all remained inert.

Any idea you guys might have, even if it sounds silly to you, just say it. Something you say, even if it's wrong, might make someone else think of something.

I know Sega Chief wants us to solve this, because I know damn well that most of the fun of creating a puzzle comes from people solving it, and not the creation of it. I don't exactly want his help, as that ruins the fun for both me and him.
But I do have to ask you something, Sega Chief, you don't have to be exactly clear with it. For me to be able to stay determined, not quit, and keep trying I need to know 2 things.

Any sort of answer/encouragement to continue is appreciated.

Hi

Created an account just to discuss this quest with you lol. I have found the same 2 clues that you have in your youtube videos (both myself lol) I think youre right about the lucky pill, my thought on the location 'sealed in a buried rock' is in the gi cave, the small nook you go into and you break it open to reveal an enemy maybe is it a spectral enemy?? I am on disc 3 and even save editor returns me here with the 'seal' already opened. Just an idea what are your thoughts?

darkalex

• View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: 2021-02-12 16:40:32 »
I am loving this Type B mode so much but is there a way to still use the program Wallmarket? I normally edit the buster sword throughout my playthrough because its my favorite model sword but it seems the New Threat mod overwrites it back to the mods normal stats for the buster sword. Is there any way around this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: 2021-02-12 20:41:41 »
I am loving this Type B mode so much but is there a way to still use the program Wallmarket? I normally edit the buster sword throughout my playthrough because its my favorite model sword but it seems the New Threat mod overwrites it back to the mods normal stats for the buster sword. Is there any way around this?

If it's the IRO you'll need to unpack it, edit the kernel, then repack it again.

darkalex

• View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: 2021-02-12 21:23:41 »
Appreciate the quick response, thanks alot.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: 2021-02-16 00:28:30 »
Question about Yuffie's Innate - I'm in the Gongaga area fighting the the Heavy Tank monster - drops 1300 gil normally, does the innate double gil not kick in for single monster battles ? Grinding some exp AP and gil and have yet to see anything other than 1300 drop post battle.

Thanks in advance!
-Web

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: 2021-02-16 22:38:03 »
Question about Yuffie's Innate - I'm in the Gongaga area fighting the the Heavy Tank monster - drops 1300 gil normally, does the innate double gil not kick in for single monster battles ? Grinding some exp AP and gil and have yet to see anything other than 1300 drop post battle.

Thanks in advance!
-Web

The gil thing was retired, it wasn't reliably increasing gil. The new one is Throwlette; when it charges up, use Defend and she'll use a no-cost Throw command using one of her shurikens at random (thrown weapon isn't consumed).