Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)  (Read 266344 times)

Unwise Owl Tattoo

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v4.5)
« Reply #125 on: 2019-05-23 03:50:19 »
Everyone is talking about opening the hws file in Hades Workshop to use the macro to enable custom backgrounds, but I don't see a hws file included in AF 4.5.

Sorry if I'm being dense.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2019-05-23 15:51:57 »
That's because the .hws is in the separate download.
For the latest release, I separated the mod itself and its source files, to avoid confusion when installing it.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2019-07-20 01:32:45 »
Hey just wondering, is Alternate Fantasy compatible with the turn-base function in the Memoria Engine mod?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-20 02:49:44 by Fauve »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2019-08-15 17:38:35 »
Could some please send me a modified p0data2 please that has fraggaso npc background mod integrated into it I would be most grateful. Thank you.

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2019-08-26 20:47:05 »
Zidane's Regenerate skill is broken after using it twice in battle. Tried over ten times in a row and all it does is miss on all four party members.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2019-08-26 23:04:45 »
No it's not. If it misses, that surely means that you don't have any more ethers :o
It's not a free MP recovery.

levantine

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.0)
« Reply #131 on: 2019-09-25 09:10:04 »
Hi, now that moguri and alternate are compatible, is it possible to play with moguri's music ? :)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2019-09-25 13:26:45 »
Yes, you only need to enable that option when installing the Moguri mod.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2019-09-27 00:43:18 »
Thx for your work, i have a problem in the process moguri + alternate, the problem is that i have to find the moguri's instalation folder but i can't find it, and so can't replace last files in the process, i have nothing in c/prrogram files, but when i launch ff9 moguri launcher appear, so the mod is intaled but where can i found his folder's instalation

Edit : tried to put last files in ff9 directory, but in batle i can't hit or be hitting (animation is ok but there is no numbers when hitting, like all commands are mithing so i suppose i dont put my files in the right place)
Thx for the help
« Last Edit: 2019-09-27 03:58:29 by levantine »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2019-09-27 08:41:14 »
The Moguri folder is setup when installing the mod (the installer asks for a folder).
You can also see what it is from the game's folder ("FINAL FANTASY IX"): there should be a file "Memoria.ini". Open that file with a text editor (eg. notepad) and look at the field "MoguriFolder" in the "[System]" section.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2019-09-29 17:18:16 »
Okay all works perfectly thx a lot awesome experience :)

Could you tell me how to triger a transe manually please?
« Last Edit: 2019-09-29 19:39:53 by levantine »

lordkeiser

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2019-09-29 22:11:43 »
Hi i like this mod but i gotta ask something . It is possible to do a lvl 1 game? becouse im stuck on the no1 and sealion fight
(original game arround 85 damage on no1 in the mod is 10 to 15) someone knows if it's posible or im just hitting a wall?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2019-09-30 06:28:31 »
It has been done with a previous version of the mod. I am not sure whether it's still possible (in particular, Necron is harder than when it was first done and it was already a bag of pain) but I am sure that Sealion is not a wall.

By the way, Number 1 has Protect, so he's very resistant to physical attacks but weak to magic attacks.
Sealion has Shell so it's the other way around.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2019-09-30 10:54:21 »
In my opinion you can't do a lvl1 party because game have really changed and is more difficult than the original but maybe i'm wrong :)

I have the 5.0 instaled but i can't use transe manually, did i miss something? Or this command is avaible later in the game maybe? (I'm just in ice cavern actually)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2019-09-30 15:33:56 »
The command that allows you to trance manually over 50% of trance gauge is Zidane's last skill. It gets available at the end of disc 2, so around the Iifa Tree sections.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2019-09-30 15:47:41 »
Okay thx for your answer and for all your work !

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2019-10-01 06:12:48 »
I'm sure that this question concern moguri and not alternate, but maybe you know the answer :
Sometime i get background on 16:9 and sometime on 4:3, do you know if there is a way to get all backgrounds in 16:9?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2019-10-01 14:25:46 »
Yes, it's Moguri.
Alt+Space switches between 16:9 and 4:3.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2019-10-02 11:19:57 »
Indeed alt+space change the résolution, but some backgrounds still set in 4:3 even if i use this command
Anyway i still totally enjoy alternate + moguri mods :)

jeremyhall2727

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2019-10-05 20:01:23 »
man thanks for all your hard work. I have to try this one out. it sounds rally good. awesome thanks for sharing

jeremyhall2727

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v4.3)
« Reply #145 on: 2019-10-05 20:18:33 »
that's a big help just in case it happens to me. the thing with Beatrix skills how to fix them

Notorious

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2019-10-30 09:26:34 »
Hi, thanks for your work. I have a quick question, if it works with FraggosoHD mod does it mean it will work with Fraggoso's NPC and background mod? Fraggoso's NPC mod has p0data2.bin & p0data4.bin to be replace and AF has p0data2.bin & p0data7.bin, the file size difference for p0data2.bin is huge, Fraggoso's p0data2.bin is around 2GB and AF is 150MB, so with this info, I guess it won't work?

After installing Fraggoso's HD mod and NPC mod, i've installed AlternateFantasy_v5.0_FraggosoHD and it seems to ..work, I've also tried this same method but instead i did not replace p0data2.bin (2GB) from Fraggoso and the game still starts without problem.

Just curious if there's any more information regarding this? I'm reluctant to replace Fraggoso's 2GB with AF's 150MB, it felt wrong lol something is going to disappear.

Thanks

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2019-10-30 17:53:59 »
You are correct.

The p0data2.bin contains both datas of the enemies (AF) and textures of the battle scenes (Fraggoso's NPC mod).
You can't use AF without the datas of the enemies; there won't be obvious bugs for some time (except that enemies are not changed from vanilla) but it would eventually crash on some key fights.

2 solutions:
• Just use the p0data2.bin of AF and play with non-upscaled battle scene textures,
• Merge the two p0data2.bin. You can do that using just the "Unity Assets Viewer" tool that is included in Hades Workshop:
1) Install the p0data2.bin of Fragosso's NPC mod (the other files are irrelevant during the whole merging),
2) Open the Unity Assets Viewer (in HW's "tools") and open the game with it (selecting the FF9_Launcher.exe),
3) Open the archive p0data2 inside the UAV and sort the files by their type,
4) In the UAV's options, make sure that the "Automatically convert images" is deactivated ("Don't convert"), it makes things go better,
5) Select all the files of type "Texture2D", right-click and "Export selection"; that's the files upscaled by Fragosso,
6) Verify that a folder "HadesWorkshopAssets" has been created in FF9's folder, containing all the exported files (you shouldn't be able to see the images as they are not converted),
7) Close everything, install the p0data2.bin of the AF mod, reopen the UAV, reopen the game with it, reopen the p0data2, sort the files by type,
8‍) Select all the files of type "Texture2D" again, right-click and "Import selection". It should print a success message.

Once that's done, you have a p0data2.bin that contains both Fragosso's HD battle scenes and AF's enemy modifications.

I didn't do it myself because, as you said, that makes huge files to upload and I didn't want to multiply the versions "AF + Fragosso's HD backgrounds" / "AF + Fragosso's HD backgrounds + Fragosso's NPC" / "AF + Fragosso's NPC"...

Notorious

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2019-10-31 03:55:43 »
You are correct.

The p0data2.bin contains both datas of the enemies (AF) and textures of the battle scenes (Fraggoso's NPC mod).
You can't use AF without the datas of the enemies; there won't be obvious bugs for some time (except that enemies are not changed from vanilla) but it would eventually crash on some key fights.

2 solutions:
• Just use the p0data2.bin of AF and play with non-upscaled battle scene textures,
• Merge the two p0data2.bin. You can do that using just the "Unity Assets Viewer" tool that is included in Hades Workshop:
1) Install the p0data2.bin of Fragosso's NPC mod (the other files are irrelevant during the whole merging),
2) Open the Unity Assets Viewer (in HW's "tools") and open the game with it (selecting the FF9_Launcher.exe),
3) Open the archive p0data2 inside the UAV and sort the files by their type,
4) In the UAV's options, make sure that the "Automatically convert images" is deactivated ("Don't convert"), it makes things go better,
5) Select all the files of type "Texture2D", right-click and "Export selection"; that's the files upscaled by Fragosso,
6) Verify that a folder "HadesWorkshopAssets" has been created in FF9's folder, containing all the exported files (you shouldn't be able to see the images as they are not converted),
7) Close everything, install the p0data2.bin of the AF mod, reopen the UAV, reopen the game with it, reopen the p0data2, sort the files by type,
8‍) Select all the files of type "Texture2D" again, right-click and "Import selection". It should print a success message.

Once that's done, you have a p0data2.bin that contains both Fragosso's HD battle scenes and AF's enemy modifications.

I didn't do it myself because, as you said, that makes huge files to upload and I didn't want to multiply the versions "AF + Fragosso's HD backgrounds" / "AF + Fragosso's HD backgrounds + Fragosso's NPC" / "AF + Fragosso's NPC"...

Thanks Tirlititi for the quick reply and detailed explanation. Now we're getting into the technical territory aha, I may try to follow your guide just for fun, since Fraggoso's NPC/Background/World is still work in progress I may just wait or just use AF's for the time being.

Thanks! ;)

Nesouk

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2019-10-31 22:48:33 »
Hello there Tirlititi.

Say I wanted to play FFIX again since I recently get the PC version (yeah very late I know XD), so I thought it would be a good occasion to give a new shot to your Alternate Fantasy mod, since last time I truly play this mod it was back in 2016, back then only the PSX version was up version 3.2, so just by reading the documentation I can already be sure a LOT of things have change.

So I wanted to be sure, is the latest version of this mod fully playable with the french version or is it exclusive to english version ? (I saw the 4.5 version was with all language but didn't see for 5.0) Obviously I don't mind at all playing in English, but since I'm french would be nice for me to play with this language, I started a new game and saw Vivi can learn MP+20% with the MageKane which I remember is new to this mod, but I want I don't run into potential problems later on.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-01 08:53:58 by Nesouk »