Author Topic: FFVII : Advent Children topic -11.12- TGS04 + 64 new images!  (Read 112955 times)

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
FFVII : Advent Children topic -11.12- TGS04 + 64 new images!
« Reply #175 on: 2004-08-20 07:58:51 »
Quote from: Borman
/pets his beautiful N-Gage

YES mate!!!!  Someone else who appreciated how class N-gages are!!!!! much  <3 for you!

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2004-08-20 08:35:10 »
Yes, someone else who enjoys playing PS1 games on a screen the size of a cracker-jack prize wrapped in a plastic taco  :P

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2004-08-20 09:14:27 »
Dude they rock!!! MP3 player, rqadio, movie player and phone in one...not forggeting the games you can "aquire" istead of buy.  By my judgement Ive ripped nokia off for over 300 quid of stuff by downloading the games.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2004-08-20 17:45:09 »
Movie player? What? There seems to be a veerrryy different model in the U.S.: Games, MP3, and Cell Phone. We dont get a radio or movie player...

And acquire games? Huh?

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2004-08-20 19:02:58 »
You know that the PSP and the DS are going to kill the N-Gage, right?

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2004-08-20 19:27:19 »
After the PSP slaughters the DS first  :P

I dont care if the damn thing makes toast, Im getting a PSP for the games, simple as that. All the other crap are just little bonuses. I just find it quite funny how everyone kept saying how Nintendo beat all the other companies because their systems are always so portable, yet now the DS is about the size of a brick when closed XD

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2004-08-20 20:14:01 »
Well, how big do you think the PSP will be, eh?

I don't know who will slaughter who. It most likely will break down to whoever has the best battery life or something like that.

Remember that the PS2 did so well because it was backwards compatible with the PS1. Well, the DS is compatible with GB, GBC, and GBA.

It could go either way. Here I made some pros and cons:

Nintendo DS
pros:
compatible with all GBs
cartdriges are duarable
cons:
consumers may not be willing to accept the dual screens
cartdriges cost more than mini CDs

Sony PSP
pros:
some good licenses (MGS)
CDs are cheaper than cartridges
cons:
CDs are fragile.
motor for CD can really diminish battery life
moving parts

OK so the DS is bigger than the PSP, but PSP will require hard cases for it's games, so you may actually save room with the DS if you have a carrying case.

PS check out this:

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/nintendo-ds/large/nintendo-bs.jpg

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2004-08-20 23:23:47 »
Well, lets not forget...

The PS1 library had a huge LIST of amazing games. GBA only has about of handful of A+ titles, around 80% of them made by Nintendo. The crap outweighs the good, just run by EB Games or Gamestop and browse through the GBA section.

The PSP is about the size of a Neo-Geo, except much thinner. It's definely more thinner and sleaker than the DS. They're about the same width, but the DS is much thicker due to the folding screen. Not only that, but the PSP screen is huge! I also remember something about it being non-reflection, so there wouldnt be light issues. Either way, the screen is much much bigger than any handheld I've ever seen. The PSP beats DS in the size department either way, pick up any gaming mag that has analyzed the two, and the PSP always has the edge portability wize. Only thing they need is a screen cover really.

I honestly dont see the PS2 being successful just because of backwards compatibility. Not alot of people even use the backwards compatability. Its nice when you first buy it right off and shelf and not alot of games are out, but I dont think thats why people bought it.

By hard cases, do you mean the little shells they put the UMD's in to protect people from copying them? Or the plastic cases that you buy them in? I've seen pictures of them, and they're not as big as the PS2 and Xbox cases, even though they look EXACTLY like them. It kind of threw me off at first, but when you see them put up next to eachother, they're not big at all.

Battery life isnt really an issue for me, because with games its supposed to be 10 hours. GBA SP had a battery life of 10 hours with the backlight on, and I always had the light on, even during the day, it just gives a better screen quality. 10 hours is pretty long really. 8 hours for MP3's isnt too shabby either (Even though Sony just released that 20 gig MP3 player with 30 hours of battery...). The only real flaw the PSP has with battery is movies, 2.5 hours. What happens if you have a 3 hour movie? But they are selling an external battery pack, so if you really need to play games for 11 hours straight...@_@.

The thing that I dont like about the DS is that its release line up isnt that impressing compared to Sony. Sony is doing what it did to the console market, its time to grow up, put down the magical mushrooms and pick up the M4  :evil:

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2004-08-21 00:55:35 »
I think both consoles are fairly good. The PSP might have battery life issues. And the DS has portability issues. Who cares? You're probably gonna end up buying both anyway... :lol:

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2004-08-21 01:49:29 »
I not buying a DS, and I rather not carry around a clunky brick that cant even fit in my pocket. Not only that, but the touch screen makes the games harder to play, as you have to take one hand off the controler to use the stick. What happens if you're playing Metroid and get slaughtered again and again because your hand wasnt on the buttons but on the stick?

And the external battery pack will take care of any problems, even though 10 hours is good enough.

fuchisasquatch

• View Profile
    • http://aa.1asphost.com/sasquatch/
« Reply #185 on: 2004-08-21 03:43:47 »
WHAT THE HELL?? Is that screenshot real??? Man if it is..id never touch that..how many friggen screens are there..? And..thats stupid. If you play old games then you'll have like 6 useless screens. Man that must have been designed by some retard.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #186 on: 2004-08-21 04:12:53 »
Um, that pic is not real, it's a joke.  The real thing only has two screens.

I am highly skeptical of the Gameboy DS's double screen business.  I'm also a bit skeptical of the PSP's battery life.  Dunno what I'll end up getting in the future, but for now I sure do live my GBA SP :P.

fuchisasquatch

• View Profile
    • http://aa.1asphost.com/sasquatch/
« Reply #187 on: 2004-08-21 04:33:50 »
Oh thank god. I reackon PSP is gonna kick nintendos ass. All of nintendo's games are stupid. Like PS and X-Box they have proper games, nintendos are all about stupid kiddy squishy blobs and yeah nintendo games are all the same.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2004-08-21 04:37:45 »
Well, I wouldnt word it EXACTLY like that, but yeah, you pretty much got the headshot on that one.

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
« Reply #189 on: 2004-08-21 08:24:10 »
Shounen Jump Scan

This time a high quality scan of Yuffie, and Zack. As well some info in japanese.

Source : AdventChildren.net

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2004-08-21 18:07:58 »
Quote from: Bunnie-Maru
I'm not buying a DS! I'd rather not carry around a clunky brick that cant even fit in my pocket. Not only that, but the touch screen makes the games harder to play as you have to take one hand off the controler to use the stick. What happens if you're playing Metroid and get slaughtered again and again because your hand wasnt on the buttons but on the stick?

And the external battery pack will take care of any problems, even though 10 hours is good enough.

I'll start with an unrelated comment:

I'm not a huge fan of the dual screen thing either, but I wouldn't count the system out yet... remember what we learned from the Xbox and it's size? Don't judge a console until you've actually used it. This is why there are so many demos of consoles at your local electronics store! (In other words, just wait until it comes out and try it out as soon as you can. If you don't like the thing, don't buy it.)

Now for a worthwhile comment:

The AC pics are looking better everyday. Keep feeding our AC addiction Ged! :D

ME WANT MORE HONEYCOMBS!...um, er, I mean, ADVENT CHILDREN!!!  :lol:

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2004-08-21 18:39:43 »
I already judged it when it was much bigger with bigger carts and 4 controller ports and had no screens  :P

And also, theres a difference between the Xbox's size and the DS's size

The Xbox is a console. Im not going to have to carry this thing around with me every day. But if I gotta carry a portable system with me that has a crap line-up of N64 games with four players, I'd rather not have it be a bulky plastic brick  -_-

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2004-08-21 19:22:00 »
I'd rather not have it be a bulky plastic brick
The things fairly big yes, but the graphics are of n64 quaility, and lets face it, look at what append with gamecube, the markerting about how small it is didn't seem to help much no? And for me its weight, not size that matters (in reason) for a potable, I got pretty big pockets and can easily carry around my gameboy advanced and a couple games in one pocket :o . However if it weighs to much so that is uncomfortable to carry around...[/quote]

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2004-08-21 20:29:30 »
The marketing about it being small failed because its useless, its a stupid reason for them to base an advantage off of. Our console's smaller, making it portable? Yeah, just gotta slap in a 50 dollar battery pack and a 100 (50 if you get the cheap one) dollar monitor onto the top of it. And its not as portable as you think. My brother got that screen and battery pack when we used to have one, it sucks having to rest it on your lap.

And yes, the graphics are not that stellar. Like I said, I already tried it out 7 years ago when it had four controller ports and no screens. If I remember correctly, the DS outweighs the PSP. The PSP has been officially weighed at 260g, Nintendo has yet to release the DS weight OR battery life. Insiders who have touched it at E3 though have said that the DS is much bulkier. Just flip open a gaming magazine comparing to, such as GameInformer July Issue, or EGM July/August Issue.

Only thing "supposedly" wrong with the PSP is the battery life, but as I said, 10 hours is more than enough in my view with a rechargable battery. And the battery issue can be fixed with the extra battery pack, you cant fix a bulky system with dated graphics and lack-luster launch titles.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2004-08-21 21:30:06 »
Quote from: Bunnie-Maru
Movie player? What? There seems to be a veerrryy different model in the U.S.: Games, MP3, and Cell Phone. We dont get a radio or movie player...

And acquire games? Huh?

The uk one comes with a built in version of RealONEplayer, and has an FM radio built in.  also, you can download the games on certain websites, and use a app on the phone called the "blizzard" installer.  This unpacks the .blz files you download onto the memory card, making the Ngage think its got a game card in there.

Games range from 1 meg, to about 25

Some are much better than others IE Splinter cell is the best out imo.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2004-08-21 23:05:10 »
U.S. version didnt have any of that, probally because it was made in Europe. More people might of bought it if it had more than a cell phone and MP3 player, but I guess Nokia will have to learn the hard way...

Hey, how come we dont get any damn exclusives from Microsoft!?!

Nokia is giving the Europeans movie viewers, radios, and downloadable games, Sony and Nintenda are releasing accessories left and right for the Japanese, even the Japanese get color-exclusive consoles from Microsoft!

You'd think being a U.S. company, we'd finally start getting some console perks..-_-

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2004-08-22 01:42:03 »
By the way.. what do these have to do with this thread on Advent children?

I know it's a bit of an odd question... :D

Cyb

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2004-08-22 03:30:33 »
Umm, this things derailing faster than an Amtrak at full capacity with nothing but morbidly obese people...

Just stick to the topic please. If you just can't help complaining about the handhelds, then go to Hell

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2004-08-22 05:57:31 »
Someone brought the N-Gage thing back up after it died off a little bit.

And who made that site just out of curiosity, The Branch Dividians?  :-?

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
« Reply #199 on: 2004-08-22 07:00:01 »
Translations for vJump scan -

Advent Children

"Who's using my Materia?" [Yuffie]

- Does Materia exist 2 years on from FFVII?

- "Hiirin", a place where Cloud has been invited to by someone. It lies deep in the forest, with no signs of life.

- A memorial resembeling Meteor stands profoundly in the middle of the town...

"Then perhaps you tricked me?" [Kadaj]

- Kadaj raises his voice on the phone. What's the meaning behind his words?

- Zack is seen in a pick-up truck. He will be seen in the DVD though it's unknown what role he will have in the movie, and whether he will only be in flashbacks or in the thoughts of other characters.

- V-Jump has stated the release date as "undecided" rather than as "2004", thus, there is a possibility that the release date has been changed.

Source: AdventChildren.net