Author Topic: Any currently available solution for editing backgrounds?  (Read 3878 times)

Fleet Command

• View Profile
Hi. Everyone.

I'm new around here. I've been reading everything around this forum for hours now but I didn't get a straight answer to this question: Is there any currently-available solution to modify static field backgrounds of final fantasy 7? i.e. change their color hue and saturation or add shapes?

The closest answer I reached to was a currently unavailable currently unnamed tool by Aali, which is out of question since... well, since it is unavailable. I see lots of tools that can display them but none can import or export them. Is there such a tool available right now?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Any currently available solution for editing backgrounds?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-27 21:46:33 »
The closest answer I reached to was a currently unavailable currently unnamed tool by Aali, which is out of question since... well, since it is unavailable. I see lots of tools that can display them but none can import or export them. Is there such a tool available right now?

Welcome to the community!

It seems to be the best/only one at the moment, I'm afraid. Just be patient and it should be completed soon.

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-28 07:19:50 »
It seems to be the best/only one at the moment, I'm afraid. Just be patient and it should be completed soon.
Well, thank you. But I'm not looking for a solution that powerful.  Actually, I am looking to do what is already done once.

You see, long ago I saw a certain person playing Final Fantasy 7 and he was in Northern Crater. Back then I had never seen Final Fantasy 7 before but I did recognize the paintjob on Highwind as "Karan Sjet, the Fleet Command" in a uniform with Kushan Fleet logo. Now, that certain person is far out of my reach. I started playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time in my life on December last year (2008) and just a couple of days ago, I arrived in Northern Crater. It was only then that I saw the original paint job on the Highwind (that "woman!")  and realized that this person must have altered the background. But how? If only I could get the background into Adobe Photoshop 7 and then put it back...

Colly

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VIII PL
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-28 09:26:54 »
I don't know if it will be helpful, but maybe try tools for FF8? That's MIM, too, I think, so tools should be just modified accordingly.

Tools are here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8461.0 #VII