Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1251456 times)

Gordon228

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #1500 on: 2012-11-12 02:46:50 »
nope that did nothing :( i blame my ATI card my old compy had an nvidea but was a crap vista but everything worked the first time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: 2012-11-12 08:14:13 »
It may have.  But of you swap the exe for an original 1.02 and it still doesn't work, it cannot be the fault of MO.  if that's the case, place your bug report elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-12 12:14:54 by DLPB »

Gordon228

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: 2012-11-12 15:09:42 »
i can play fine with out MO

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: 2012-11-12 15:49:09 »
I need to know for sure what you mean by "without".  When you replace the 1.02 exe with the old one, it works fine?

If so, try reinstalling on that clean exe and let me know what happens.

Gordon228

• View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 2012-11-13 01:40:41 »
by reinstalling you mean the 1.02 exe? in that case it dose work now i also need to test to see if the game works with out the custome driver. note i need to find out how to install FF7 agen as some how i can't load the installer after i did a somewhat crappy uninstall by not using the uninstaller.

edit: it works now after a botched uninstall and registry cleaning of everything FF7 and a restart it finally works and btw i can play the game with out the driver but stuck with old gfx
« Last Edit: 2012-11-13 07:35:23 by Gordon228 »

kman1981

• View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 2012-11-13 19:47:30 »
i can play fine with out MO

Same here.

For DLPB - I can certainly understand not wanting to work out everyone's issues, but you more or less told me the exact same thing a few days ago.

I installed only the 1.02 patch and Aali's driver. I can play the game fine. Then I install MO, and my game crashes. I uninstall MO, and my game plays just fine again.

How exactly is that NOT caused by MO? Lol. Not trying to 'sound' like an arse ya know?

Gordon's issue could be something completely different than mine, but it sounds like we both can play FF7 without MO, and we cannot play it with MO. Your mod kicks ass dude, we all want to use it :-) There is just something occurring with the install that is preventing the game from working properly.

Shaun

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: 2012-11-13 19:56:07 »
The other guy has virtually admitted (and changed his story) that the problem is his gfx card.  How his original conclusions were reached is beyond me, but it is obvious his problem is not MO related.  And then posted this

edit: it works now after a botched uninstall and registry cleaning of everything FF7 and a restart it finally works

This has nothing to do with this mod and obviously if he had no issue after  a reinstall, he must have fucked something up the first time, like you probably have.

If it is MO related, it is 99.9% your fault or your systems fault.  I know this because 99.9% of people have no issue with this mod.  It isn't arrogant, it is simply common sense.  If you have used my installer (not bootleg) and you have done what I said on first post, and you have tried everything you can think of, and if this error is definitely the fault of MO (i.e. when you use an original 1.02 it works and when you don't it doesn't) then I will look into it.

It simply isn't very likely that the error is on my side.  Especially since it works for me.  If it works for me, it will work for everybody given they have done the exact same thing as me.  To be blunt, the problem being my fault is extremely unlikely if at all possible.

Given Gordon's change from "MO doesn't work" to "Reinstalled, now suddenly works" , is it any wonder I chose not to take these bug reports seriously anymore?  Especially since I know that my mod cannot pick and choose who to work for.  And I was right to mistrust Gordon's original bug report because it was false.  It was not my fault.  I will trust yours when I see you have done everything I list on first post including a full reinstall.

« Last Edit: 2012-11-13 21:40:00 by DLPB »

Gordon228

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 2012-11-13 22:59:08 »
in the end tho DLPB you did help me as i was not sure if an uninstall was necessary at the time as it was a fresh install now i am thinking that all i needed was a restart but reinstalling couldn't help ether so i thank you also to anyone who has the same issues i have please either reinstall FF7 or restart also one thing i forgot to say was that the gfx driver was giving errors when selecting the custom driver. so to thos that think i need to report a problem DO EVERYTHING be for hand even if you think it will not work.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: 2012-11-23 18:28:24 »
Ok, I am officially ending support for foreign titles.  This is because of lack of progress and the fact I hope to finalise my installer soon.  I am also getting too busy these days.  What I will do is create a tutorial so that others may create working foreign games using the english 1.02 executable.  The Italian version has been done already more or less.

The new MO project is memory based and so changes are much easier to make. I will get back to you all nearer the time.

MoustiqueClad

« Reply #1509 on: 2012-11-25 12:55:26 »
Hello,
Excuse me disturb you,
I use a translator. Because I am French, and I have trouble with English
I wonder if it would be possible to make a tutorial for the software, because I have the 2012 version I switch to 98.
And I try to change the game as I can, which I still quite difficult, because there is nothing in French.
I install MO.exe and I do not know what to do next or even what to change here for the menu.
Hoping you can help me. I translate your tutorial myself.
I use windows seven
thank you
« Last Edit: 2012-11-25 12:59:23 by MoustiqueClad »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 2012-11-25 14:25:14 »
I do not have the time.  Someone else might have the time.  :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: 2012-12-01 06:29:11 »
heh, getting there.....  More and more things to add to game but it is getting there.  :-D Then I will get back to this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36889302/pong%20options.PNG

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: 2012-12-06 11:11:42 »
i think i've found a bug on the retranslation. on the Inside Cliff in the crater area(the one where you fight the four huge living icicles), when you defeat each one of them, you'll get an option to jump down to the room below. if you pick the top option ("No"), you would jump down. but if you pick the bottom option ("Yes"), you wouldn't jump down :)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: 2012-12-06 18:27:40 »
I would totally play that! Also which language is that in? </offtopic>

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: 2012-12-06 22:37:12 »
i think i've found a bug on the retranslation. on the Inside Cliff in the crater area(the one where you fight the four huge living icicles), when you defeat each one of them, you'll get an option to jump down to the room below. if you pick the top option ("No"), you would jump down. but if you pick the bottom option ("Yes"), you wouldn't jump down :)

This has already been noted a few times

quequotion

• View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: 2012-12-19 02:44:29 »
Found a funny one, when riding the truck to Nibelheim with Sephiroth:

Cloud (projecting himself on Zack): "So, how does you feel, HERO?"

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 2012-12-19 03:35:55 »
That has already been fixed by the looks of it (using hero less now than before since it sounds a little weird.  "Great" is used more often).  Thanks for the report though!

my files show

CLOUD}
“Say,how does it feel… HERO?”
------------------------------
Sephiroth
“…I thought you
   wanted a briefing?”
------------------------------

Are you using the latest Menu Overhaul too? *though this may have been corrected after that)
« Last Edit: 2012-12-19 03:43:20 by DLPB »

Wharenn

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: 2012-12-27 16:30:43 »
Hi,
I just discovered the huge work that was done to improve this awesome game. Since I brought the 2012 version of the game I was searching a way to improve it and it led me there. I saw there was some work to do about the french translation. I had the same problem using bootleg and Menu Overhaul : it made my menu in english. I saw the explanations on previous messages about the use of touphScript and tried to make the text files in french.

I have the full 0_ff7.exe.txt file translated and the others txt files in french too if needed (because after using thoughScript, my whole game was english, but not the menu, lol). I also have a ff7.exe english 1.02 applied with this translated text. I tested it, and it seemed ok as far as I tested. As you said, the text is ok but the alignments on boxes and with the cursor are not :p May I send these files to you by MP ? Is there a way to fix alignments ? I did not understand previous posts about it...

Ah, also, to make it work, I had to use the bootleg on the 2012 FF7 release without Aeris Revival, without Retranslation and with translation set to French.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-27 17:05:19 by Wharenn »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2013-01-04 02:47:06 »
So back to work for me... Still finishing off my tools that will make editing memory for this game (and any game/program) as simple as pie.  Mostly done.  What I am not happy about is the rather "here there" job I did with the value changing.  To explain, imagine that this was memory:

E8 77 4D 24 00

When I did a comparison between the original exe and the changed exe, the 00 was same in both so was not added to the list.  So now in the list of changes the ones there would be E8 77 4D 24

It is very sloppy.  I don't like it.  But it's way too late now to do anything about.  The worst case scenario is that if someone else has modified certain memory that I also have (excluding text because I made sure ALL of those are added), game will crash.  But given I and kranmer were editing things no bugger else seems to, I'd say we are safe...

It's just sloppy.  Ah well... you learn by mistakes see.  I did make sure to correct this when using Dziugo's edits... so at least his work and my modern changes have been properly done. 
« Last Edit: 2013-01-04 02:51:37 by DLPB »

quequotion

• View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 2013-01-12 00:23:58 »
So back to work for me... Still finishing off my tools that will make editing memory for this game (and any game/program) as simple as pie.  Mostly done.  What I am not happy about is the rather "here there" job I did with the value changing.  To explain, imagine that this was memory:

E8 77 4D 24 00

When I did a comparison between the original exe and the changed exe, the 00 was same in both so was not added to the list.  So now in the list of changes the ones there would be E8 77 4D 24

It is very sloppy.  I don't like it.  But it's way too late now to do anything about.  The worst case scenario is that if someone else has modified certain memory that I also have (excluding text because I made sure ALL of those are added), game will crash.  But given I and kranmer were editing things no bugger else seems to, I'd say we are safe...

It's just sloppy.  Ah well... you learn by mistakes see.  I did make sure to correct this when using Dziugo's edits... so at least his work and my modern changes have been properly done.
You should really get these things into a version control system, like git or svn. It makes it very easy to compare your work with a colleague's, and keep track of it's history.

slevinqs

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 2013-01-14 22:04:01 »
i have a problem with installation: error--> Error in fship_1: converting to field failed, Attempted to read ff0000 bytes from 8dd

Error in fship_12: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 4c000000 bytes from 261c

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 2013-01-15 06:05:03 »
You need a untouched english flevel.lgp. No modifications, no other languages.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 2013-01-15 06:16:40 »
Menu Overhaul will work with a touched flevel, languages and all (Assuming retranslation isn't being selected).  But not if the flevel is from the 2012 version (so far) and not if it's got broken code.  Your problem isn't related to the Menu Overhaul.  You have something wrong with flevel.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
M06 - Info Update
« Reply #1523 on: 2013-01-15 10:45:35 »
Update:

Now that my tools are created I have resumed work on MOP.  All executable edits have been transferred to memory edits and I guess we will see how that works out.  I am currently updating the installer.  Exciting times :)

The one problem at the moment is Luksy is still busy and touphscript needs an urgent update to work with the new installation.  So when I can release M06 is largely dependent on that.  I also want to finish the increased difficulty Submarine minigame I have been programming.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2013-01-15 10:53:25 »
Thanks for the update!

Really hope Lusky'll be back to modding soon.