Author Topic: Timu Sumisu's WIP/Release thread. BARRET RELEASED!!! 07/09/09  (Read 163982 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
^^ glad it works

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Nerolization!!!

Timu can you send me the original UV map of the buster sword please? tried doing the shirt one you send me.. and i failed :-D

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
has anything but the barret been released??? if so please lemme know

Cronus

• View Profile
Can anyone help me? Whenever I use this, barret's texture turns black. But before I asked someone to reformat this computer (due to a virus attack), this works perfectly. HELP ANYONE?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
install aali's driver, the problem came up earlier in the thread.

Cronus

• View Profile
install aali's driver, the problem came up earlier in the thread.

I did I just dont know if I'm using it right. I dont think I am I mean.. I dont see any difference! All I did was, I extracted the files into my FF7 Folder where ff7.exe is located. Then I ran the .reg file the one without the 64 Vista. And I pressed okay. And then I open the game and nothing. And no, I didn't open the config after everything.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
is your game patched to version 1.02?

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
Timu Sumisu what about your models of tifa aerith and the rest of party? are you going to continue the proyect and release them?  :-D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
On an interesting note, Xenobond has taken up my tifa model, and is improving it, and will eventually texture it, so it /will/ get done eventually :P

Right now i'm in the process of preparing an art portfolio for university, and also job hunting, and filling the rest of my time learning autodesk maya, so I'm pretty busy right now, at some point when things lighten up or i just get bored you'll probably see my work popping up again.

AlbusJC

• If you really love something let it go
    • View Profile
understood.  :-) I'm glad to know that this proyect still alive.  :-D by the way, those models are awesome! good work!

Cloud1000

• View Profile
Sorry to revive old thread, but I was wondering is your barret model for both field and battle? Or just battle?

If it is just battle is there a way I can make it on field too?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Sorry to revive old thread, but I was wondering is your barret model for both field and battle? Or just battle?

If it is just battle is there a way I can make it on field too?
The Barret model only works in battle.lgp. You can probably learn to convert it yourself after reading this (30 page) thread (if there's a tutorial about it somewhere on these forums, I don't know about it), but all of the high res battle models will eventually be made into field models by the original creators, so it's best to just wait for that.

obesebear

• View Profile
Converting battle to field and vice versa just involves exporting the model as a .3DS using biturn and then reimporting it like you would any other model.  

Including resizing and adjusting for animations, it may take you 30 minutes tops.

If Timu doesn't care, I can release the field model version... but unless I'm mistaken he and Millenia were planning to revamp both Barret's model and texture.

Alternatively, it may even be possible to simply rename the individual part files into their corresponding field .p files, though I've never tried.   But then I don't think lighting will effect them either
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 17:23:01 by obesebear »

Cloud1000

• View Profile
Converting battle to field and vice versa just involves exporting the model as a .3DS using biturn and then reimporting it like you would any other model.  

Including resizing and adjusting for animations, it may take you 30 minutes tops.

If Timu doesn't care, I can release the field model version... but unless I'm mistaken he and Millenia were planning to revamp both Barret's model and texture.

Alternatively, it may even be possible to simply rename the individual part files into their corresponding field .p files, though I've never tried.   But then I don't think lighting will effect them either

cool I wish I could be so skilled with kimera.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 17:44:43 by Cloud1000 »

obesebear

• View Profile
I already know what it's about, and no.  Unless Timu and Millenia are ok with it.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Barret will have a revamp sometime soon, field included, adjusting the texture to be more "toony", along with his proportions. be patient :D

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
so any updates guys or models tht have been done?? ^^"

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
hmm.. just wanted to ask but is the bone animation of barret in your model somewhat messed up when opened in kimera?? ???

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
so any updates guys or models tht have been done?? ^^"

My work can usually be found in the Team Avalanche forum, look there, and I suggest you stop digging up old threads, or you risk getting punishment.

hmm.. just wanted to ask but is the bone animation of barret in your model somewhat messed up when opened in kimera?? ???

I honestly havnt checked it for ages. AFAIK, it was fine, I've seen it in use and it animates correctly.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Oh.. because when I open your barret battle model the head is below the body and feet are at the side of the body etc.. Sorry for disturbing you but I want to make my own models by taking a look at the good ones like yours. :)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
focus on how i made the mesh, and the order of the polygons. Where the peices are floating around is just an artifact of the program

ryanphlp2002

• View Profile
Hi Guys, any sign of a Tifa (or any of the other main characters) release yet< very happy with APZ's Cloud & Team Avalanche's Barret but those just highlight how bad the others look! Tifa sounded near ready a while ago, any updates on any of the main party?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
tifa is in progress by xenobond, as to the rest of the cast, they will come about when they do :P.

As to this thread, it is dated and no longer necessary, other than for info purposes.