Author Topic: [FF7PC] Barret Model AC Style VS Original Style (2011-11-04)  (Read 58384 times)

freshness82

• View Profile
@whitERaven If Barret is all white except his for weapon, that means for whatever reason, the texture file for his body is not applying properly.

Whether the .TEX file for his body is just plain missing from your battleLGP for some reason, or maybe corrupted, is hard to tell. One thing you can try,
is opening the model in Kimera from just the files you downloaded. There should be a folder for battle, and one for field (or it might be labeled char)
if I remember correctly with this download. If the model opens fine with no errors and is also not white, then presumbaly it should work perfectly
in game if copied and compiled correctly in the battle and/or char LGP files. Just make sure the right files are going into the right LGP, i.e. battle into battle.lgp,
and char(or field) into char.lgp.

The only other issue I can think of is the software you are using to extract/compile might be causing issues during the process. I've been using Highwind
since I started modding without any issues so far, though just about everyone will warn you off that particular program since apparently it is very buggy. Instead, you should be
using lgp/unlgp as PitBrat advised.

Hopefully that helps solve the problems you are having.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
Thanks, I actually found out what was causing the error, the problem was connected to NPOT textures, the tex file for the body of this barret model is an NPOT texture and for some reason my netbook doesn't support this, so what I did was resize the texture to 1024x1024 or 512x512

Akira Sendoh

• I don't want to be a Goodman,I want to be a Great1
    • View Profile
Thanks, I actually found out what was causing the error, the problem was connected to NPOT textures, the tex file for the body of this barret model is an NPOT texture and for some reason my netbook doesn't support this, so what I did was resize the texture to 1024x1024 or 512x512
Does it work ???

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
Does it work ???

Yup it works, just extract the TEX file convert it BMP using imgtex program then with any Image manipulator program change the size of the Image to 1024x1024 or 512x512 whichever in the nearest to current size, then apply texture again using kimera it should work. I used this model as basis to my own version of barret..

Note: this fix will only work if you are having problems regarding NPOT texture

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
excellent mod jinkazama!

I noticed that the battle model only covers barrets gatling gun though..... is there any way you can make it cover all of them?

Yeah id like an answer to this too, is there a way to have his modded gun on all his weapons? Except the close range ones i guess??

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Use Wall Market to edit the kernel for the weapons. Each one has an id number, just change the ids to match the weapon you want. I did this for both Cloud and Barret. There's a lot online about this, google is your friend.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Ok would usually be easy enough BUT the second i click on or drag a file to wall market (version 145) it instantly stops working

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
Hi! I am having a battle animation problem with this mod.

Barret runs up to the mob's face, then fires his gun, and the gun is Rotating on every gun he equips (but it should only do it for the first gun, right?)