Author Topic: How to select "Soundfont MIDI" in FF 7?  (Read 2905 times)

Trek234

• View Profile
How to select "Soundfont MIDI" in FF 7?
« on: 2003-06-26 03:09:23 »
Hi all,

I have an Audigy 2 and Windows XP right now.

I am wondering if it is possible for me to select "Soundfont MIDI Creative AWE32/AWE64" in the FF 7 configuration program and use it?  (as I'd like to use the FF7 dynamic sound fonts that come with the game)

Thanks for any help!!! :-)

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2003-06-26 04:07:10 »
Yes, it is VERY possible. Just don't push the "TEST" button. Although I'm not 100% that you'll hear the voices for the last boss theme (from what I've heard from elitist1, at least).

And then it'll run just fine..or should. Goodness it's been ages since I've used FF7 in winxp.

Off to install windows XP right now!! (I would play FFT right now, but the game decided to DELETE my wizard for no reason. Damn square..)

Don't forget to load soundfonts in audiohq. ff7.sf2 is your best bet.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #2 on: 2003-06-26 14:48:04 »
Hey, Im playing "FF tactics", too. That game has a lot more story than I thought it would....I just barely stared with it, Just completed the History lesson part. I don't quite understand how the job thing works. I'm guessing it's an automatic quest, that you just assign soldiers too.

Anyway, pretty sad story so far.

And I'm not familar with Audigy 2.

halohalo

• View Profile
Re: How to select "Soundfont MIDI" in FF 7?
« Reply #3 on: 2003-06-26 16:35:18 »
Quote from: Trek234
Hi all,

I have an Audigy 2 and Windows XP right now.

I am wondering if it is possible for me to select "Soundfont MIDI Creative AWE32/AWE64" in the FF 7 configuration program and use it?  (as I'd like to use the FF7 dynamic sound fonts that come with the game)

Thanks for any help!!! :-)

Of course you can choose soundfont midi in ff7config.

According to my experience in win98se, I will fail the test if I install Audigy2 WDM driver and its soundfont manager, but I still can play the game without any problem.

There are two versions of "One-Winged Angel" in Awe.lgp. Unfortunately,Audigy2 will be forced to play "One-Winged Angel"(no choir version) by default. Both original FF7.sf2 and lb2.sf2 can't save you. But you can use my customized soundfont and enjoy "One-Winged Angel" with choir effect. It will solve your problem.

If you want to know the difference, you can use famous game editor "JENOVA" to edit the save file and enter the debug room. The secret place is just at Uffie's left hand. Enter the room and talk to Cait Sith (at the bottom).And choose "saishuukessen"(final battle).  

Because you use winxp, you don't need to worry too much about midi problem of Audigy2. I will add a note (in English :P ) about this issue in my next update soundfont work.

Here is my soundfont work. Help files are writen in Traditional-Chinese and Simpified-Chinese, and English readme is available now :P  I guess you know how to install the soundfont and replace awe.lgp file. If you need any help, just PM me :)  
http://members.lycos.co.uk/halohalo/soundfont/ff7sf.htm

Trek234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2003-06-27 01:43:03 »
Hey thanks for the responses!

I didn't think to try it out after it had failed the test.

Thanks again! :-)