Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3040527 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
yup. there's no issue with either of those.  It could be a mistake and they meant an ocean summon to be there - but there's no evidence of that.  An amulet is an amulet.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-04 14:31:43 by DLPB »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
I gotta say the process of using the modding tools you built into this compilation is pretty seamless and great. As someone who is obssessive about which bits of mods I use and which bits I don't use, this system really works for me. I really appreciate how much easier you've made it to just inject things into the game without packing and unpacking archives of files. However, because it seems .iro has really taken off since the last time I was here (I'm not 100% sure what that format is, I believe it is linked to 7th Heaven just browsing around) I still have to unpack mods with IroNite that are released in that format and just slip them into your Reunion folders under the right headings. So far everything has been working stellar with the hotfix. Big thanks DLPB.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-04 18:23:16 by Mendelevium »

Thapt1972

• View Profile
The "swap X and O" option in the installer doesn't seem to work for me (or I misunderstood what this option actually does).
I still have to use O as the confirm button whether I enable that option or not.
I'm using the 1998 version of Final Fantasy VII (1.02).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It changes dialogue only.  You must change actual key yourself in config.

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Hi there,

I read the initial post about what to include with a bug report, but I'm not sure the best way to send those files (my save file, crash.dmp), so I'm sorry if this is the wrong way to report.

I'm getting an issue that happens immediately after completing a random battle, right before the blue exp/item rewards screen pop up, where the screen will just stay black with the victory music looping, and my game crashes with the Error window. This has happened three times, and I haven't fought the Air Buster yet. I'm playing with 60fps enabled (1), and I have an i5 2600k with 2 GTX 970s in SLI. Can you help? It's making the game unplayable for me. I have Reunion plus hotfix 6 plus Satsuki's textures plus Grimmy's minigame textures, and that's it.

Thank you for all the hard work!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Should be "brakes".

zcoal_3

{CID}
“…then moving them up
  and down simultaneously
  should deploy the breaks!”

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
unabomb these kinds of mistakes will be solved with final run through for 07 which will also have a full grammar review.  still, let me know when you see spelling mistakes like this one because I'll update before r07
« Last Edit: 2020-01-06 17:41:23 by DLPB »

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Following up on an earlier post regarding a game crash issue after battles before the exp/ap/item screens:

1. An explanation of the bug

I'm getting an issue that happens immediately after completing a random battle, right before the blue exp/item rewards screen pop up, where the screen will just stay black with the victory music looping, and my game crashes with the Error window. This has happened three times, and I haven't fought the Air Buster yet. I have Reunion plus hotfix 6 plus Satsuki's textures plus Grimmy's minigame textures, and that's it.

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?

Seems to happen randomly after battles.

3. App.log (found in root folder)

See link at the bottom of post.

4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)

5. crash.dmp (found in root folder)

6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang

[if this is a performance issue]
7. Your CPU spec

Intel i5 2600k

8. Your graphic card spec

GTX 970 x2 in SLI

9. Your operating system

Windows 10

Here are the files: https://megaupload.is/TcK4pdL7n6/crashafterbattles_reunion_7z

Thank you!

Zaeri

• View Profile
I just got a CTD summoning Alexander on Jenova DEATH. I haven't been able to reproduce it trying it a second time, both on Jenova DEATH and on random encounters, but I attached the logs and save in case you can make sense of it. It's possible it was due to manipulating the cursor (i.e. trying to select a target or other summon) while the summon animation was playing, but I honestly have no idea.

I've been getting weird degeneration issues in general, but this in particular seemed unrelated.

The degeneration issues are related to playtime or random encounters. I've noticed that if I get enough random encounters the game will slowly start to destabilize, usually this manifests first by the battle transition swirl only playing on the left half of the screen (right stays static). A while after that the battle transition stops playing entirely, and at some point after that the game will CTD on a state change (start or end of a battle, moving between rooms etc). This is not covered by the logs below, unless the two crashes happen to be related, but I'll get logs if it happens again. I'm not sure if this is covered by any of the "random crashes" entries in the database, but it doesn't require specific enemies and I'm only on 60FPS setting 1 (not 2). It could be the New Translation-related one you said you were surprised more people weren't seeing, or the Core issue with a bad pointer when unloading textures (that would explain why it slowly gets worse if memory is getting randomly corrupted, and if the Alexander crash is related it could be it unloading the textures on the end of the summon), but I figured I'd mention regardless.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vwAt1ZibgFz7L0eL_jPLsonYE6TH7j2A/view?usp=sharing

i7-4770k, RTX2080, on hotfix 6.

Edit: I didn't find a crash.dmp, for whatever reason.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, your bug report doesn't help as there is missing data.  Are you sure you're using hotfix 6 and that all files have been replaced?

[00097223] TRACE: *** Exception 0xc0000005, address 0xffffffff ***  <<  there will be way more info than this when hotfix 6 is properly installed.

You may not have allowed the log to complete.  Crash.dmp will also be present in root folder when hotfix 6 is properly installed.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-06 00:15:05 by DLPB »

Zaeri

• View Profile
Download "Hotfix 6.7z" from the Google Drive above, and then just extract and drag+drop Aali.dll and ddraw.dll in FINAL FANTASY VII and ffmpeg_movies.dll in FINAL FANTASY VII/The_Reunion/Program_Files, over the top of the existing installation and replace, right? I've done that multiple times now and I'm still not getting .dmps when I crash (currently crashing in the Junon section when regaining control of Barret after Cait Sith's fight, which should have been fixed by Hotfix 6). Not sure how I'm installing this incorrectly.

Zaeri

• View Profile
I'm sure it's probably on my end, I misinterpreted the earlier bug report and thought I was crashing in the same place. It was just meant to illustrate for whatever reason the hotfix didn't seem to be taking on my installation.

Here's the app.log after a few more attempts and crashing in the same place:

https://pastebin.com/XscfSWvX

It's not particularly interesting, though. It doesn't even say an exception occurred, the log just stops dead, which to me implies that whatever crashed it was above the level of whatever panic handling you have E: or potentially terminating before the buffer flushes to file (I've never dealt with runtime code injection so I'm not sure what that would actually imply). No crash.dmp was generated.

To be clear (and I didn't realize this until a recent attempt), the crash doesn't actually occur when regaining control of Barret after Cait Sith's fight. It's actually slightly weirder than that, it occurs when you input a command to Barret after regaining control. He can sit there forever and the game won't crash, but the second you make him move the game CTDs immediately after the step animation plays for a frame or two.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-06 04:09:03 by Zaeri »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
hmm if it can be replicated then that will help.  Does this crash with Barrett happen more than once?

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Sorry, did I miss my issue in the spreadsheet or not report something correctly? I looked through the spreadsheet a couple times and couldn't find any previous reports/fixes.

brendanxheroes

• View Profile
Has anybody completed all of ff7 with reunion installed? My current dilemma is whether to continue playing ff7 with this installed. Seeing have remake is just around the corner i though about finally playing ff7 for the first time seeing how its been on my steam library for a while now. Saw that this mod exist that has a more accurate translation and though ill give it a shot along with the remako mod. But it seems there are still a couple of bugs that haven't been ironed out yet. My question is whether or not to continue using this mod or simply just play the default steam version. Seeing how this will be my first playthrough, i want this to be a seamless experience without have to go through any bugs or crashes along the way. I've only got about an hour into the game so restarting wont be a problem. I just want my first experience to be the best as it can be and having crashes and bugs along the way doesn't seem worth it, considering I've seen quite a few reports of crashed and bugs on here. I'm assuming you guys are veterans when it comes to ff7 so i just want your guys intake as to what the best first playthrough experience of this game might be. Thanks in advance.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
I've gotten most of the way through a playthrough with the mod running. With the latest hotfix, a lot of the bugs don't seem to be a problem for me. I had more bugs in the default version of the game if I'm honest.

Zaeri

• View Profile
hmm if it can be replicated then that will help.  Does this crash with Barrett happen more than once?

Yes, it happens consistently. I'm going to try reinstalling the game and Reunion just to make sure absolutely everything is fresh.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'll test it soon also

Zaeri

• View Profile
After a clean reinstall, still the same issue. Situation is the same with app.log and no crash.dmp being generated. For maximum reproducibility, I installed Reunion with all the check boxes ticked, and though the info should be the same as The_Reunion.log a couple posts ago, here's options.ini and the_reunion.log:

https://pastebin.com/rPG1t8B9
https://pastebin.com/udWszAP4

Here's the save:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f3R1VHXEhUeiShMSbDLGu6NnApgcTO-f/view?usp=sharing

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm not seeing Junon in that save?  Unless you mean a different part of the game ??

Zaeri

• View Profile
I'm not seeing Junon in that save?  Unless you mean a different part of the game ??

It's after the long cutscene with the Black Materia in the Labyrinth, AFAIK there's no save point in Junon after Tifa wakes up. (Yes this makes it very frustrating to debug, I've taken to watching youtube on my second monitor while mashing through the cutscenes to test fixes).

E: So I just looked at the walkthrough and confirmed with a video walkthrough: in the press room where Cait Sith knocks out Scarlet, you're actually supposed to fight the attack soldiers with both Cait Sith and Barret. In my save only Cait Sith shows up in the battle which is probably related to the problem. Never mind found that change in the database, I'm getting a video of the bug. E: Urk, the CTD causes the recording to fail to write to disk properly because I guess Bandicam doesn't like to record crashing applications.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-06 23:05:37 by Zaeri »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
to the people who keep posting one bug report after another  without reading the reunion database and first post: you're coming v close to being  added to my ignore list.  stop it. your posts are being deleted because you aren't listening. read the first post. your bugs are all known and listed

@oblongsausage  I am investigating yours.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-06 23:54:46 by DLPB »

Zaeri

• View Profile
DPLB, I have Ochu attached, is there anything specific I could copy that would help if I looked at it right around when the CTD occurs?

E: Here's an imgur album filled with all the Ochu data that seemed relevant.

https://imgur.com/a/sRcWqee

Here's a pastebin of the entire memory log leading from the Labyrinth save to immediately before the crash:

https://pastebin.com/3fyZk0gV
« Last Edit: 2020-01-06 23:53:40 by Zaeri »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
yeah the save state :)  you can send me it - look in ochu files and find the save state with the same name [ you'll need to create a state first - but be careful as it won't like it during cutscenes].  Otherwise, the save will do fine IF I know exactly when this crash occurs.

Your junon issue is likely already resolved in Hotfix6  - you just haven't loaded a save from far enough back.  Your save has been corrupted already in other words.  Hence why Tifa is your team leader.  I'll check anyway.

I need a save file of your Junon issue
« Last Edit: 2020-01-07 00:04:38 by DLPB »

Zaeri

• View Profile
Here's the save states:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uq_bs2GVP2dhZVr0mkMudzrQC7wCXvgc/view?usp=sharing

3 of them included. One at the start of the Junon section, one right before the press room, and one from the second before the crash occurs if you ever move Barret.

Here's the actual save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f3R1VHXEhUeiShMSbDLGu6NnApgcTO-f/view?usp=sharing

I'll clarify: there is no save in Junon, because there's no save point in Junon during this scenario. The save is the first one, at the final save point in the Tornado Labyrinth, so you need to go through the entire set of cutscenes to get there (without using the provided save state that is). This is after doing an entire wipe of the game, reinstalling it and Reunion, and then copying over Hotfix 6 (Aali and ddraw in root, ffmpeg_movies in The_Reunion/Program_Files)