Author Topic: Dynasty Warriors Style :-)  (Read 38326 times)

Trishty

Dynasty Warriors Style :-)
« on: 2009-07-23 05:20:07 »
Zhao Yun

In game screenshoot

Nero

• View Profile
Re: Dynasty Warriors Style :-)
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-23 06:21:23 »
Hmm, I’ve never played dynasty warriors but your model look really good. Nice one. :lol:
Btw I think I am using the same Vincent model that you have in your screenshots though I can’t see very clearly and mine has no polygons at the back of its’ cape. I added the polygons with kimera but the game seems to ignore the changes I made and also the model just cannot be exported properly into 3DS format. I was just wandering if you have experienced any similar problems.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-23 06:30:55 »
Hmm, I’ve never played dynasty warriors but your model look really good. Nice one. :lol:
Btw I think I am using the same Vincent model that you have in your screenshots though I can’t see very clearly and mine has no polygons at the back of its’ cape. I added the polygons with kimera but the game seems to ignore the changes I made and also the model just cannot be exported properly into 3DS format. I was just wandering if you have experienced any similar problems.

Your Vincent is from a beta/alpha release.  The problem is the texture was only mapped to one side of the cape.  In order to have it on both sides you would need to make copies of all the polygons using Blender or Max then flip them, then connect your new cape section to the original.
If you would like to start from scratch, the Vincent model is originally from the Jedi Knights game and can be downloaded at their forums.

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-23 06:39:58 »
I wanted to fix it though 3dsmax but as I mention biturn doesn’t convert it properly into 3ds format, it just can’t see all the body parts (including the cape). I guess I’ll try starting from scratch.
Anyway thanks obesebear :-)
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 12:50:16 by Nero »

Nahatma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-23 12:01:47 »
wow it does look *very* good!

btw, i have a favor to ask you,(if its okay with you), could you send me your vincent model file for field and battle? (thank you!)

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-23 12:54:07 »
Yeah I would love to have him too if it’s okay or at least the cape and the tex file if it has all the textures on, that could surly save me from some trouble. (thanks)
« Last Edit: 2009-07-23 13:02:24 by Nero »

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-08-09 23:18:39 »
I downloaded this vincent fan model from the jedi knight website and was wondering how to convert it to a .3ds or .obj so I can edit it. Does anyone know?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-08-09 23:54:50 »
You'd need to find any import/export plugins for Jedi Academy and then import the file into your modelling program and go from there.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 2009-08-10 05:42:18 »
... I mean if you wanted too, but talking about ripping models from other games and putting them into FF7 is kind of a no-no nowadays.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-08-10 08:21:53 »
Don't worry, all I needed was a plugin for a .glm importer in my 3d moddling program, and to be clear, this model is fan made so I did not rip it from another game  :-D

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-08-10 08:24:37 »
i actually dislike the vincent model alot....i cant understand why others do but its not my place to ask why.

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-08-10 08:55:18 »
Well to be fair, the vincent model isn't THAT good, its just nice to have a higher res version, especially since most people have high res versions of cloud, Tifa and Aerith

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 2009-08-10 09:09:28 »
Don't worry, all I needed was a plugin for a .glm importer in my 3d moddling program, and to be clear, this model is fan made so I did not rip it from another game  :-D

He is a character from Destiny Warriors, and really has no business being in Final Fantasy. I don't want to be seen as the jerk, but I'm going to lightly start poking threads like this until the new rules are adhered to. I didn't lock the thread, but I will start being a little more annoying about this.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 09:25:23 by halkun »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-08-10 10:04:54 »
@Nahatma

Sana makuha mo yung Vincent..Pa share ha!...heheheheh

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-08-10 10:04:46 »
He's on about the Vincent model that was made for Jedi Academy.

This one.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-08-10 13:34:41 »
Don't worry, all I needed was a plugin for a .glm importer in my 3d moddling program, and to be clear, this model is fan made so I did not rip it from another game  :-D

He is a character from Destiny Warriors, and really has no business being in Final Fantasy. I don't want to be seen as the jerk, but I'm going to lightly start poking threads like this until the new rules are adhered to. I didn't lock the thread, but I will start being a little more annoying about this.

Wait, this applies to fan made models designed for other games as well? I was under the impression that it only applied to rips of copyrighted models from other games. If that's the rule, I think you should make it more clear.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 2009-08-10 13:51:43 »
from rule 3
Basically it's this; If you made it yourself to help improve the image of an already existing Final Fantasy asset, you get a pass, if you are rehashing work that is not yours, you will be asked to very politely adjust what you are doing.

This falls into "rehashing work not yours". The last time I checked Dynasty Warriors was made by  Omega Force and Koei. I don't care if it's a fan-made model, and trust me, SquareEnix cares even less. Discussions about ripping models from other games, no matter what they are, and putting them into FF7 is no longer allowed.

Like I said, I don't want to be a pain about it. However, that's the breaks. :(

===EDIT===
Vincent model not withsanding. I'm talking about the DW character.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 14:32:57 by halkun »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-08-10 15:44:09 »
from rule 3
Basically it's this; If you made it yourself to help improve the image of an already existing Final Fantasy asset, you get a pass, if you are rehashing work that is not yours, you will be asked to very politely adjust what you are doing.

This falls into "rehashing work not yours". The last time I checked Dynasty Warriors was made by  Omega Force and Koei. I don't care if it's a fan-made model, and trust me, SquareEnix cares even less. Discussions about ripping models from other games, no matter what they are, and putting them into FF7 is no longer allowed.

Like I said, I don't want to be a pain about it. However, that's the breaks. :(

===EDIT===
Vincent model not withsanding. I'm talking about the DW character.
This seems pretty cut and dry, but just to clarify...

As long as the model was designed from scratch by an amateur modeler for import into a game, we are safe to discuss / import it.
Any model that was originally designed into a game CAN NOT be discussed about importing

EDIT
Edited for even more clarity :P
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 17:08:41 by obesebear »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-08-10 17:01:00 »
Wait does that mean the Vincent model is fine but the other one wasn't? (and for the record, I was talking about the Vincent model in my earlier post). I am confus

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-08-10 20:39:14 »
oh i like that vincent model, i thought u were reffering to the other model i'm more familiar with. looks really bad, and his cape disappears if you look at it from the back.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 2009-08-10 21:26:02 »
Ask yourself this question:

1) Is this model/background/character/game asset I'm working with originally in Final Fantasy 7?

If yes; then go about what you are doing.
If no; then please adjust what you are doing.

The reason for the rule is this. SquareEnix has something called "goodwill", which is the perceived value of their intellectual property. (Like how much their copyright is worth in terms of cash.) Putting in characters that don't belong like Sonic, or tuning Chocobos into motorcycles, or throwing in Darth Vader for Sephy damages SquareEnix's goodwill. This makes the perceived value of FF7 go down, and costs them real money on their balance sheets! This is why 99.999% of the C&D letters go out. Here's the thing about breaking goodwill. You can have A LEGAL COPY OF THE GAME and simply modifying could cause damage to goodwill. The original FF7 PC did not have an End User License Agreement (EULA), you you think you are in the clear. You are not!

Why do things like Overclocked music mixes get a pass? It's not because they don't charge for the CD. It's because Square perceives that such fan art does not damage their goodwill. Notice copyright doesn't even enter the argument. However, things like Chrono Resurrection DOES damage their goodwill. It makes their original work look like it has less value than someone else's.

Does this mean putting in ANY mod can damage goodwill?  The answer is a wholehearted YES! When I say "SquareEnix has given a pass" that does not mean "SquareEnix has given permission". It Meas SquareEnix, for reason unknown has decided not to start legal proceedings. Maybe they don't know it exists, or maybe they are turning a blind eye. I have no idea.

So Enjoy that you can play FF7 in 1600x1200. Enjoy that you an inject higher quality models in. Just don't push it, because all it takes is one person to screw it up for the rest of us.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 21:28:31 by halkun »

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-08-10 21:39:33 »
i completely disagree with the whole goodwill statement.

not as in "i dont believe you" because i do believe square would pull something like that.

its more that i find the whole thing to be ridiculous.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 2009-08-10 21:53:18 »
i completely disagree with the whole goodwill statement.

not as in "i dont believe you" because i do believe square would pull something like that.

its more that i find the whole thing to be ridiculous.

It really not a matter if you disagree or not. The fact of the matter is they have used this very accusation to shut down projects in the past.

I don't think I'm making this clear enough...

I was on one of the projects that SquareEnix has shut down!

I kind of know what I'm talking about. I also have a degree in business and took business law for a year. These are not facts I'm just pulling out of a book."Goodwill" is an actual business term. It is an intangible asset which means it's lumped in with copyrights, patents, and trademarks. Surprise! It's one of those words that you always see on a C&D. It's an awesome catch-all to shut something down.

You can believe that the moon as made out of green cheese, SquareEnix doesn't care. You belief offers very little in the way of an argument.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 21:59:08 by halkun »

Tekkie.X

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-08-10 21:54:06 »
Replacing Seph with old Buckethead wouldn't lower the brands value one bit, the FFVII brand is still Squeenix's big money earner, not gonna change any time soon from someone modding the game for fun.

polaris_027

« Reply #24 on: 2009-08-10 22:05:13 »
oh i like that vincent model, i thought u were reffering to the other model i'm more familiar with. looks really bad, and his cape disappears if you look at it from the back.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq170/polaris027/vincetnback.jpg

well you'll just have to do something to fix that. :wink: