Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008242 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #25 on: 2014-01-08 19:38:48 »
Only a small bug I have encountered:

Btw. great work with the minigames.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2014-01-08 20:18:11 »
This does not occur with me...  this has to have been caused by not using a clean ff7.exe?

and thanks :)!  The submarine battle isnt done yet.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #27 on: 2014-01-08 20:22:43 »
Many, many thanks to you and to everyone that made this possible.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2014-01-08 20:55:17 »
I've found a few small errors already...

“Did someone come and take it?
  It's not in the Shin-Ra building
  anymore.”

Can you spot it?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-08 21:10:06 by DLPB »

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-01-08 22:10:56 »
I've found a few small errors already...

Can you spot it?

Comma, after building?

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #30 on: 2014-01-08 22:28:16 »
Hey, a note on the minigames diffulty raise.  I was always terrible at a few of them even before you raised the difficulty, is there any plans to have the game work with not making those necessary? I know that there was a pointer issue on the rollercoaster shooting game without it and I was hoping we could have them all at the original difficulty... I'm kind of bad at this kind of thing. XD

(Seriously, I had a mostly dead party during the plot usage of the motorcycle one and really had to scramble to keep everyone alive. I'm just grateful the boss decided it disliked Cloud most, which is unusual as the monsters seem to target Aerith a lot.)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-01-08 22:42:37 »
Hey, a note on the minigames diffulty raise.  I was always terrible at a few of them even before you raised the difficulty, is there any plans to have the game work with not making those necessary? I know that there was a pointer issue on the rollercoaster shooting game without it and I was hoping we could have them all at the original difficulty... I'm kind of bad at this kind of thing. XD

(Seriously, I had a mostly dead party during the plot usage of the motorcycle one and really had to scramble to keep everyone alive. I'm just grateful the boss decided it disliked Cloud most, which is unusual as the monsters seem to target Aerith a lot.)

I haven't touched the bike one :P  At all (I don't think anyway!  If I haven't I will be doing!  Thanks.  ;D).  Just the prizes.  As for difficulty levels... nope.  They remain as they are.  Not too difficult, but not too easy.  Coaster is actually easier to get full points on than before ;)  Well... mostly.

------------------
As for comma after building.. nope.  Something else.  Well I'll tell ya since it depends on how you look at it.  But building should be capitalized.  Shin-Ra Building.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-08 23:41:02 by DLPB »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #32 on: 2014-01-08 23:44:41 »
Well then either its faster on the PC or my memory is really screwy (honestly the more likely ahaha OTL).

And nice catch on the typo, I would have probably never caught that.

On the grammar thing, I know we were discussing this before, but you remember Red's bit where he asks a question/makes a statement when they're talking to President Shinra about the Promised Land? In context the question mark feels VERY wrong, totally like a mistake.  I can't recall what my opinion on it was before but now I'd totally either rephrase it as a question or change the question mark to a period.  Although you've done a GREAT job proofreading, I really want to compliment you on that.  I knew VII had translation issues but sheesh, I definitely can't go back to the original localization after this. XD

Oh, and I know I was fighting you on this but making planet lowercase was definitely the right choice, so you were totally right sticking with your guns on that. ^_^ I think Planet felt correct before because of the... "unique" sentence structure of the original localization.

If the shooting minigame is easier oh my gosh THANK YOU getting that Umbrella was always a pain in the rear for me.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-08 23:46:16 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2014-01-08 23:50:00 »
Getting some of the prizes has become harder... getting top score has become easier.  It's a mix and match I suppose :P  Glad to see you could do it.  Did you find all the new collectables?  There are some added.

I'll look into that red line again.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #34 on: 2014-01-09 07:26:33 »
EDIT: Woops, I think I figured it out.  I still can't seem to actually say yes to the old man, though! *hides in a hole cause she feels stupid right now*

Uh, so, I'm at Rocket Town and trying to look up at the rocket (I think it's required to move on cause I sure as hell can't seem to find Cid's place and it's been so long since I've been here I can't remember the steps) and both choices seem to pick 'no' as Cloud shakes his head and the old man says the same thing both times.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 07:29:06 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2014-01-09 07:55:01 »
Thank you.  Probably a ts issue.  I'll fix it :) 

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2014-01-09 09:32:25 »
There's a similar issue in Honeybee Inn when attempting to enter the Group Room.
No matter which option you choose, she won't open the door.

The other room works just fine, though.

I'm replaying the game with a friend, and that's the only bug we've encountered so far up until the save point at the Train Graveyard.

Great work on the relocalization.
The game is a lot more enjoyable now.  :D

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2014-01-09 15:32:13 »
This does not occur with me...  this has to have been caused by not using a clean ff7.exe?

and thanks :)!  The submarine battle isnt done yet.

It was the MO prepatched window.bin.  :oops:
Anyway your minigames causing a conflict with 7th Heaven when using my mod. There is something different with the models, but it shouldn't be a problem for me to fix it. Took a while until I find the reason for the crash.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2014-01-09 15:34:59 »
I won't fix any conflicts with other mods except hardcore (and you can't use WEAPON with hardcore mod anyway).

As for Honeybee inn... that was fixed.  I have no idea why that would be back!  Are you sure you are using the installer from this thread?  Not the old.  I have to make sure. 

Also some good news:

After some testing yesterday with Covarr, I can confirm that Steam FF7 exe is compatible with Beacause: The Retranslation Project, and all other mods except Menu Overhaul.  I will be adding Steam support for R02.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 15:38:12 by DLPB »

Az

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2014-01-09 15:45:41 »
Yeah, I used the installer from the first post on a clean and newly converted Steam copy of the game.

I used your preset during installation with the exception of checking the incorrect character names.

Could be an anamoly on my part, so it's probably better to wait for more reports regarding the matter before spending any time on the problem.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2014-01-09 15:51:28 »
No I doubt it is...  if it was a clean install and you used the installer, the issue has to lie on my end (well, on Luksy's end... he programmed the main translation tool touphScript).  I will check this out immediately.

AndrQ

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-01-09 16:13:25 »
Enjoying the retranslation, menu overhaul and new models but i'm not sure it's installed correctly.

Only Cloud use a new Battle model? and i saw this in wall market restaurant : http://i.imgur.com/PLFmsnR.png
I also see this popup ''UNEXPECTED: zero count''

Yeah, I used the installer from the first post on a clean and newly converted Steam copy of the game.

I used your preset during installation with the exception of checking the incorrect character names.

Could be an anamoly on my part, so it's probably better to wait for more reports regarding the matter before spending any time on the problem.

I encountered the same bug.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-01-09 16:16:06 »
None of the other battle models available fit in with the original game.  I only choose models that do.  So only Cloud, Sephiroth were changed in battle.

Zero count is an issue that is already known and is due to how Kaldarasha made the models.  He has to fix it.  It won't make any difference to how they look in game usually.

AndrQ

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2014-01-09 16:40:54 »
None of the other battle models available fit in with the original game.  I only choose models that do.  So only Cloud, Sephiroth were changed in battle.

Zero count is an issue that is already known and is due to how Kaldarasha made the models.  He has to fix it.  It won't make any difference to how they look in game usually.

Thanks, i was worried i messed up somewhere in the installation process.

Something a bit confusing about your Faqs too, ''The following mods will never be supported:'' ''Weapon : Gjoerulv's Hardcode mod''

then i get that option during installation : ''Options : Enable if Using Gjoerulv's hardcore mod''

It's compatible ?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-01-09 16:43:35 »
If I understand correctly, Weapon won't work with hardcore, but the other mods in this package should.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 16:49:59 by Covarr's account »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-01-09 16:52:28 »
The mods are listed under the heading of my mods.  Any listed won't work for the mod in question.  For example, hardcore mod will never be supported in Weapon..  It will install of course... but will break hardcore mod and may cause crashes and other errors down the road.

Also I can't get honeybee manor to fail.  The options are working correctly here.  I assume you all used a CLEAN ORIGINAL  flevel before starting, as requested by the installer. (i.e. the one off the disk, and replacing it before the installer begins).  Place it in the backup-reunion folder.

If so, I need to know the exact dialogue and what happens.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 16:55:19 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-01-09 16:57:08 »
It was the MO prepatched window.bin.  :oops:
Anyway your minigames causing a conflict with 7th Heaven when using my mod. There is something different with the models, but it shouldn't be a problem for me to fix it. Took a while until I find the reason for the crash.

Window.bin could not cause the error you saw.  Only a non original exe.  I suggest you replace all files with originals, delete backup-reunion, and run installer again.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 17:06:38 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2014-01-09 17:04:18 »
My apologies.  I see the bug.  This will need fixing.  It's a different bug to the one that originally existed... it's doing BOTH options even when you select one.  First she goes away, then she comes back.  However, the above is still true.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 17:06:27 by DLPB »

AndrQ

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2014-01-09 17:14:24 »
My apologies.  I see the bug.  This will need fixing.  It's a different bug to the one that originally existed... it's doing BOTH options even when you select one.  First she goes away, then she comes back.

If i remember correctly.

After confirming the room the door is still lock and the lady doesn't move, you can re-talk to her and choose an option again, choosing *no* will make her go in the middle of the room, then back to open the door.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-09 17:36:26 by AndrQ »

LosBadylos

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2014-01-09 18:41:00 »
After some testing yesterday with Covarr, I can confirm that Steam FF7 exe is compatible with Beacause: The Retranslation Project, and all other mods except Menu Overhaul.  I will be adding Steam support for R02.

Great news! Thank you, guys! That means we can keep achievements and the rest, right? Too bad I'll be busy with my law exams for the whole month, I have a huge urge to play now :D