Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2432785 times)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #175 on: 2012-09-13 13:58:52 »
For the video card, it's a lot 'old'.. Maybe possible

Dougle

« Reply #176 on: 2012-09-13 17:21:44 »
Dougle, a screenshot would go a long way. A lot further than a vague explanation, anyway.

How do i add picture i tried to drag and drop onto message but it won't have it i also at insert image but it doesn make sense

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
« Reply #177 on: 2012-09-13 17:34:37 »
How do i add picture i tried to drag and drop onto message but it won't have it i also at insert image but it doesn make sense
There's a button when you are replying to a post called 'Insert Image'.

FrostdAeon

« Reply #178 on: 2012-09-13 17:58:35 »
I re-installed everything, removed the New battle interface, trasparent dialogs , fancy transparency, but still runs with letters all together and the battle menus messed up

Also i tried the following battles and keeps running slow, not just the first one agains the 2 guards, im out of ideas.  :(

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2012-09-14 00:18:14 »
That's not the correct font for Menu Overhaul.
Some of the textures are not installing correctly.
Before running Bootleg you must close all virus scanning software and any other open files.
I've recently learned that some firewalls can interfere with installation.

Shanker

« Reply #180 on: 2012-09-14 02:24:39 »
okay so botleg ran gret and everything is fine. But Cloud is all updated and cool looking as a field mode but everyone else is normal. Does booleg not include the Phoenix rejuv project? Or did i mis something?

FrostdAeon

« Reply #181 on: 2012-09-14 05:45:11 »
That's not the correct font for Menu Overhaul.
Some of the textures are not installing correctly.
Before running Bootleg you must close all virus scanning software and any other open files.
I've recently learned that some firewalls can interfere with installation.

It worked!!! i removed entirely the antivirus. This fixed the letters issue, the battle menus now are considerably better but not as i expected, looks like this
(notice how ex-SOLDIER and the numbers are pretty tight, also i didnt choose FFX or FFIX style nor Style switcher)

How can i get the battle menus like this without the 9999 limit break

Also the battle transition (when the image is distorded just before the fight) goes slowly takes about 3-4 seconds to start the fight, and the movement of the characters are kinda slow too.

EDIT: the slow issue fixed, just changed to the default settings at bootloader, dont know what causes it exactly.
Still figuring how to get that battle menus
« Last Edit: 2012-09-14 06:42:24 by FrostdAeon »

Dougle

« Reply #182 on: 2012-09-14 12:48:40 »
i tried to insert image but i don't get it i press insert image but it does nothing
« Last Edit: 2012-09-14 12:50:22 by Dougle »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2012-09-14 14:39:59 »
Hi Dougle,

You have to upload the image to a different portal and then the link paste it here between the IMG and /IMG.

djableskyle

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2012-09-15 01:24:28 »
I'm going to attempt to mod this once more, I have the 2012 re-release version and do remember reading that this is pointless until the Bootleg 40 version.
Is that true?
Other statement before I begin is do I need to somehow remove that registry add before I start this process again.
What are some things you need to clean out to make sure your doing a fresh install.

I'm installing fresh download of FF7 in Games/FF7 and then I have all the downloaded mods in a desktop folder.
The youtube video of this tutorial is that updated for the 2012 Version? I know it says it is, but I feel its somewhat different process in some cases.
I know this is lengthy   :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA&list=PLB3794695EC5A2382&index=1&feature=plpp_video

???

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #185 on: 2012-09-15 01:43:24 »
you can use the converter patch and then bootleg will work fine

djableskyle

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2012-09-15 04:25:44 »
you can use the converter patch and then bootleg will work fine

I've already done the Kranmers Converter and added the 64bit file to my registry, but since i'm doing another reinstall will the added registry file conflict or anything like that?
I know i've added  that file maybe over 5 times, so just don't know if there has been issues at all with double'd up files.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #187 on: 2012-09-15 12:35:18 »
You need to ask that someone else. I don't run 64 bit.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #188 on: 2012-09-15 16:04:42 »
I'm going to attempt to mod this once more, I have the 2012 re-release version and do remember reading that this is pointless until the Bootleg 40 version.
Is that true?

The next Bootleg is going to ask which version of the game is installed. If it's a 2012 version, then it will do the conversion and registry update automatically.

Other statement before I begin is do I need to somehow remove that registry add before I start this process again.
What are some things you need to clean out to make sure your doing a fresh install.
You don't have to remove the registry each time. My typical process for a fresh install is: Uninstall FF7Music --> Uninstall FF7 --> Check to see if FF7 directory left over any junk files and delete the entire folder --> Reboot --> Install FF7 --> Kranmer's Converter + update registry (2012 version only) --> Run Bootleg --> Configure Bootloader --> Play FF7

If you're worried about the registry files, then you can always run a registry cleaner (e.g. CCleaner) before you Install FF7.

I'm installing fresh download of FF7 in Games/FF7 and then I have all the downloaded mods in a desktop folder.

Do not attempt installing the mods from a system folder (e.g. a Desktop folder). Place the mods within a non-system folder (e.g. ...\Games\FF7Mods) or Windows will deny access to some of them and they won't install properly.

Please make sure any Anti-Virus and/or Firewall software is disabled before running Bootleg.

Turn off UAC or allow Bootleg.exe to "Run as Administrator" before running Bootleg.

The youtube video of this tutorial is that updated for the 2012 Version? I know it says it is, but I feel its somewhat different process in some cases.
I know this is lengthy   :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfiVZ7YGFfA&list=PLB3794695EC5A2382&index=1&feature=plpp_video

???

It is the 2012 version. I fast forwarded through the Bootleg install as I was just trying to edit it to the music, so it is missing some details. I am thinking about making another one that includes the details for a Bootleg install. But then again, it's all outlined in this Tutorial thread so I'm not sure yet if I should spend time on that.

Shanker

« Reply #189 on: 2012-09-16 03:56:06 »
Hey guys, bootleg installed the mods great, but ever since i dressed up like a girl in Wall Market, Cloud's sword doesn't show up in battle...he's just holding nothing. any idea how to fix this without reinstalling everything?   thanks, using the Millenia swords if it matters

djableskyle

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2012-09-17 14:18:03 »
EQ2Alyza Thanks so much for your responses! Came down with a cold so i'll be attempting the install today.
Thanks again i'll let ya know how it turns out.

djableskyle

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2012-09-20 01:03:42 »
EQ2Alyza Thanks so much for your responses! Came down with a cold so i'll be attempting the install today.
Thanks again i'll let ya know how it turns out.

Well I got it to work!
Only couple of differences when it all came out, some of the models didnt work, like cloud for example when I ran bootleg hes still classic cloud.
If i wanted to make some changes to models and such what are the steps to making those?
And other difference was when bootleg was running the first window that was supposed to appear didnt, the graphic and sound check.
I had to run it afterwards when bootleg was done.
Other than that i'll just have to play to find out what exactly changed in the game.

Shanker

« Reply #192 on: 2012-09-20 02:40:10 »
Hey guys, bootleg installed the mods great, but ever since i dressed up like a girl in Wall Market, Cloud's sword doesn't show up in battle...he's just holding nothing. any idea how to fix this without reinstalling everything?   thanks, using the Millenia swords if it matters

can someone please assist me with this or divert me to a place i can get help? i tried to re install everything and i'm getting the same issue

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2012-09-20 14:41:46 »

can someone please assist me with this or divert me to a place i can get help? i tried to re install everything and i'm getting the same issue
Still a lot of minor bugs being ironed out, I suppose. Did you install the "bunny girl" costumes? If so, try doing an install without them.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #194 on: 2012-09-20 21:41:12 »
@Shanker

I don't know what to say yet. I can't replicate it and have never seen it happen before.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2012-09-20 23:35:56 »
I don't understand how that is possible.  Field models should not affect battle models.
Did you modify or alter the game in any other way?

Chachibenji

« Reply #196 on: 2012-09-21 00:49:43 »
Looks like a really promising way to make FFVII amazing and a whole new experience.
Ill probably wait until bootleg v40 though, since I couldnt even mod skyrim without issues, and the comments section admittedly has me nervous.

Shanker

« Reply #197 on: 2012-09-21 17:54:32 »
i reinstalled all different ways and it still didnt fix anything, i independently downloaded the cloudswords_installer.rar and ran it separately and it fixed it. I used the torrent that you posted to download the mods, maybe its not in there or something is wrong, i'm not sure, but you may want to look into it.
Thanks for the responses and for the great program

Ultroman

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2012-09-22 03:38:56 »
Some weird issues with the weapon models persist. What shanker is talking about, and I've also reported weird findings above (choosing a field model other than "No change", while choosing APZ Cloud battle model = no weapons, regardless of weapon-pack).
They might be related?

chrislister42

« Reply #199 on: 2012-09-23 10:14:34 »
So I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but the instructions are going over my head today. I've got a PC version (official, on disc and everything, 1998 version), installed the OPENGL mod so it actually works on my Windows XP, I'm now downloading the ridiculously large 20GB file of mods. All I want to do is upgrade the graphics and models so they look a bit more modern. I'm not really interested in any gameplay changes (unless there's some excellent ones to let me know about?) so do I need all 20GB of the files? How does actually applying the mods work once I've got them? Does 'Bootleg' do it all for me? Thanks, and sorry for a question that must have been asked 400 times already..