Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2432859 times)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #725 on: 2013-05-06 02:02:35 »
Try putting your internal resolution to the same as your screen resolution in FF7Config. And instead of double posting, use the modify button.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2013-05-06 02:40:35 »
Someone had the same problem and the reason for the issue was a too high DPI value.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2013-05-06 03:17:47 »
There is none. You will need to start over with a fresh install.

Thank you. How about if I want to load a new char model? Can that be done using boot loader commands?

Also, sound seems to work pretty well but every now and then the background music will not play in certain areas. Not a huge deal but a bit annoying. Wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2013-05-06 21:49:07 »
If you want to use a new model, just go into FF7Config, change direct mode to on or yes I forget which, and then put the files that are all letters in the correct folder inside [ff7 directory] /direct

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #729 on: 2013-05-07 00:09:56 »
Please make note of this issue since noone can help me restore my old ff7 registry entries... in case someone else can help with this. Thanks!

jasonlarge

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2013-05-08 22:08:09 »
Someone had the same problem and the reason for the issue was a too high DPI value.

How do I adjust the DPI value? (I'm not having luck searching google for an answer.)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2013-05-08 23:27:13 »
Control Panel->Appearance and personalization->display

Zeroark

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2013-05-09 21:00:57 »
Hey, I'm new to this site. The thought of playing an upgraded FF7 sounds amazing, but I have a few questions first!

1) I have the ISO copy from my CDs, as the CDs themselves long since stopped working. I have no qualms about upgrading to the 2012 PC version that SE sells online, but I just want to clarify it works beforehand.

2) On that same note, I use Windows 8 (unfortunately) and my resolution is 1366x768. I would hope neither of these prove a problem.

3) Lastly, if you couldn't tell already I've never done any sort of modifications previously, so if I get stuck somewhere in the process of installing Boot Leg I would be able to get assistance.

I eagerly await your reply! These mods look fantastic, and I'd know quite a few people to pass the word along to!

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2013-05-09 21:41:39 »
The 2012 version is fully supported. Look Here. I don't know about Windows 8 but I assume it works fine.

Zeroark

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2013-05-09 21:47:38 »
The 2012 version is fully supported. Look Here. I don't know about Windows 8 but I assume it works fine.

My thanks! But unfortunately that only answers one of my three questions. Two to go before I'm an official convert  :wink:

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2013-05-09 21:56:10 »
I already said Windows 8 should be fine and question 3 doesn't really need to be asked since that is the entire purpose of this tutorial thread.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-09 21:57:55 by [CleverNameHere] »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2013-05-12 00:37:54 »
First of all, you will need to BUY the English Version if you don't have it.

I have completely forgotten to say, that this is not up to date anymore. With the FF7 Game Converter created by Kompass63 you can make any language (French, German and Spanish) equivalent to the English one.
It's also a good demonstration how DLPB's Tools could be used.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #737 on: 2013-05-12 01:04:45 »
Thanks! I'll edit it tomorrow.

MiksteR_RdY

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2013-05-14 16:16:23 »
Having a bit of a problem.  The first few installations ran fine except I missed some things I wanted to add but forgot to check them. Now everything's almost perfect. EXCEPT the music Bug. At first I had music. Now there is none. When I uncheck the music Plugin there IS music. But delayed. Everything music should play it's playing about 2 seconds later.

Not that big but it's annoying. Now I uninstalled the game again and installed a fresh copy + Bootleg. Before that I cleaned the mod folder. Now, again, no music or with the Plugin unchecked it's delayed. Anyone got an idea?

Edit1:// Everytime I run FF VII now FFVII Music pops out. It says run FFVII, configure and close. I think I have to configure it. But what to do?

DataPath is D:\Games\FF7\FINAL FANTASY VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently Custom_Music\
OSTRe\
FF7_PSF\
mp3\
D:\Games\FF7\FINAL FANTASY VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   Custom_Music\
   OSTRe\
   FF7_PSF\
   mp3\
   D:\Games\FF7\FINAL FANTASY VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 95
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll
FF7anyCDv2.dll
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

WM_ACTIVATEAPP

EDIT2:// GOT IT! I'm using the original Soundtrack. The MusicFFVII Config said it was using the new one. I didn't install the new one so there were no Sound Files the game could use. I switched to psd or psf whatever the name is. Now I got it. Don't mind.

And btw NICE Mod. =)
« Last Edit: 2013-05-14 18:06:52 by MiksteR_RdY »

kswa1987

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2013-05-15 02:09:19 »
Hi there!  First off thank you so much for all your hard work on this mod!  It has been some great fun up to this point.

Also just an FYI to anyone curious I have been running it on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit and it works great.

However, I started messing with the bootloader configuration and accidentally moved some files so everything got all screwed up (didn't even have battle music!!), so I'm deciding to start fresh.  I have seen you post many many times to COMPLETELY UNINSTALL the entire game before trying again so I'm going to do my best to do that and hopefully achieve optimal results.

I uninstalled FF7 and FF7Music from the control panel (made a backup of what I hope is my save file -- save00.ff7), and it looks like all the files associated with it are gone.  Going to reinstall the 2012 version to C:/Games/FF7 because I originally had it installed under /ProgramFiles(x86).  My question is what Registry Entries (I'm assuming using regedit) do I need to delete in order to have a completely clean start?  Also, since I used to have it installed under program files is there anything else in C:/Games/FF7Mods I need to delete? Or are those files only used during the installation process?  Also there is another folder in C:/Games called "Downloads" that has a folder with an application (FF7_v1.0.5) and a couple of .bin files.... leave this be or delete it?

Sorry for the flood of questions I just want to get my install done right this time and then never touch it again!

Lastly, I am running this on a HD4850 with 512MB of RAM, 12GB system ram, 2.66GHz Quad Core, can you suggest optimal settings for the bootloader (and elsewhere)?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Edit: I didn't make any registry edits (because I didn't know which ones to do), but reinstalling into the new directory worked great, although no option came up where I had to select graphics and sound tabs like in the first install.  Things are working great though, thanks again for your work on this.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-15 06:01:46 by kswa1987 »

spadge3k00

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2013-05-16 00:17:34 »
jus a quick one, whats with the 3 red triangles instead of a menu screen at start up, any 1 had this problem?

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2013-05-16 00:47:13 »
Just wanted to ask if this Mod only works with the purchases version of FF7 and no other ones such as free downloaded ones.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #742 on: 2013-05-16 01:14:53 »
jus a quick one, whats with the 3 red triangles instead of a menu screen at start up, any 1 had this problem?

If you're using a Radeon video card, then try one of the complex shaders in Bootloader Configure. If that doesn't work, disable shaders completely.

Just wanted to ask if this Mod only works with the purchases version of FF7 and no other ones such as free downloaded ones.

There are no free downloads unless through piracy. You do need a purchased game though for all the mods to work properly. The 2012 re-release is very cheap and is supported by these mods.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-16 01:22:56 by EQ2Alyza »

spadge3k00

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2013-05-16 10:07:38 »
thanks for the prompt reply, stupidly i deleted the torrent download so im redownloading. ill post my results in a few hours, thanks

after re installing i still receive no backgrounds menus and funny red triangles on intro credits also tried different shaders and also no shaders at all, i have character models tho thats working, just nothing else. any ideas ?
« Last Edit: 2013-05-16 12:02:50 by spadge3k00 »

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2013-05-16 11:20:38 »

There are no free downloads unless through piracy. You do need a purchased game though for all the mods to work properly. The 2012 re-release is very cheap and is supported by these mods.

Ah thank you very much no wonder it wasn't working for me, is this the 2012 re-release you were talking about

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-VII.php

Also would the Mod work on this version, just want to make sure before I go buying stuff >.<

RedXell

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2013-05-16 13:17:15 »
Also would the Mod work on this version, just want to make sure before I go buying stuff >.<

I bought the rerelease on my self and every mods in Qhimm works fine with them. So you shouldn't have any problems ;)

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2013-05-16 14:00:33 »
Is the link I sent the one for the re-release? I need to know before I buy it as I want the make sure the mod works on that version as I can't find any other

RedXell

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2013-05-16 14:31:53 »
Link: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_de/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-VII.php

If you buy the game, you get a loader. The loader will download the game and after downloading you can install the game. It doesn't matter wich language you install. If you use Kompass63 GameConverter you can install all the mods you can find in Qhimm. (Bootleg too)

The link of the GC: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.0 (Maybe Kompass forgot to say but the GC works with a english installation fine too ;) )

spadge3k00

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2013-05-16 19:49:52 »
id like some help please. i purchased the game just to use this and it doesnt work for me at all, i get black screen after intro movie altho i can move the cursor, i get ingame and have no backgrounds and no Sound, jus character models, id really appreciate some help here to fix this , especially the sound.

also in response to the "turn off shaders" my game works when i turn them off but still no sound, what exactly am i loosing when u turn the shaders off ?
« Last Edit: 2013-05-16 22:35:03 by spadge3k00 »

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2013-05-17 00:39:55 »
Hi thank you all for the help, I purchased the game and I got the mods working, I am very pleased with it except for one thing.

The resolution.

I used the BootLoader to set the resolution to 1080 (1920x1080) but I keep getting an error message saying "Failed to set the requested fullscreen mode, reverting to original resolution window mode".

How do i fix the resolution?