Author Topic: FFVII PSX; want to view non-battle 3D models. Know any model viewers?  (Read 3084 times)

Shademp

• View Profile
Primarily interested in the field models (contained in the .BSX files, interpreted via the .DAT file), but also the models of the minigames and world map/underwater would be of interest.

I am in this primarily for the sake of documenting the unused and unseen aspects of FFVII, not for editing.

Heard that Milkshape was supposed to work, but I found no (working) complementary FFVII file to make it display any field models.

If no software is out there, how feasible is it that someone might someday develop the software for viewing the non-battle 3D models of PSX FFVII?

Tidbit: Via cheat codes, GarlandTheGreat found this unused underwater structure.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Use Makou Reactor for field models. Use Aali's map2obj to view the world map.

Shademp

• View Profile
Use Makou Reactor for field models. Use Aali's map2obj to view the world map.
Makou Reactor can only view the PC field models and in a limited mode at that. I can't rotate the models or zoom in on anything.

Thanks for the tip about Aali's map2obj. I'll check it out.

ultima espio

• View Profile
That guy finds all sorts of good stuff :)

I don't think there is one actually. Last i tried Makou Reactor didn't show them.

Ninja'd

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Makou Reactor can view DAT files from the PSX version, You cannot rotate because, well, these are textures, 2D images, not models.

Shademp

• View Profile
Makou Reactor can view DAT files from the PSX version, You cannot rotate because, well, these are textures, 2D images, not models.
Indeed. I edit the PSX game via Makou Reactor and confirm the change via Mass Field Update in order to achieve results like these.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL305DD0D525301357