Author Topic: I'm in love with this man  (Read 36904 times)

Opine

• View Profile
Re: I'm in love with this man
« Reply #25 on: 2011-07-26 15:23:09 »
I wonder why girls tend to fall for emo, girly-looking guys. What about masculinity?
Cause meatheads are douche bags.

Masculinity, can come at a high price. Women often think of high-testosterone types as uncooperative, unsympathetic, philandering, aggressive and disinterested in parenting. In fact, there is evidence that they really do have more relationship problems than other men.

Take it with a grain of salt, but this is a topic that is currently getting a lot of interest.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-07-26 15:56:22 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZIFhJ6fyzk

Gotta hand it to those Ruskies. They might not be very good at running their country, but they can make some f*cking manly music

I'm proud to be a Ruskie >_<

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-07-26 17:55:02 »
Ah, the old emo arguement. Where people who don't know nothing about it use it as an insult.
That's so 2004. Makes me feel old now :/

This is just one band that I happen to like. I listen to other bands that don't use auto-tuning. Here's a few for ya.

Escape the Fate
blessthefall
Black Veil Brides
All Time Low
Bullet For My Valentine
Fall Out Boy
Panic! At The Disco
AFI

I doubt you'll look up each one.

I dig that genre but those are just mainstream bands.
Not wanting to be an ass but i bet you've learned about them by watching MTV and/or myspace profiles of scene emos wannabes.

My favourite "emo" band would have to be "Her Words Kill" by far, one of the bands who moved me the most. I wont put songs from youtube here because they are 240p and make my ears bleed with such low quality. I'll leave my two songs of reference from a former member:

Luke Pickett - Blood Money
Luke Pickett - Cruel Love

Pure magic.

Although I evolved from emo/screamo/alternative rock, I barely listen to AFI and 30STM now. I'm more into Post-Hardcore now, with slightly variations. If you're interested here's a small list.

In Fear and Faith - Taste of Regret
Woe, Is Me - Fame Over Demise
Hands Like Houses - Lion Skin (ft. Jonny Craig & Tyler Carter)
We Came As Romans - To Move On Is To Grow
The Used - Im a Fake
Enter Shikari - Sorry You're Not A Winner
Black Veil Brides - Knives and Pens
I Killed The Prom Queen - Say Goodbye
Drop Dead, Gorgeous - Dressed For Friend Requests
Alesana - Congratulations, I Hate You
BRING ME THE HORIZON - Diamonds Aren't Forever
Chiodos - The Undertaker's Thirst For Revenge Is Unquenchable (the Final Battle)
Saosin - 7 Years
A Day to Remember - The Downfall of Us All
Make Me Famous - Make It Precious
Pierce The Veil - Caraphernelia
The Bunny The Bear - Ocean Floor

« Last Edit: 2011-07-26 17:58:57 by Nightmarish »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-07-26 18:48:06 »
Ah, the old emo arguement. Where people who don't know nothing about it use it as an insult.
That's so 2004. Makes me feel old now :/

What's so 2004 is using the word "emo" as anything but an insult. Its meaning has changed over the years, and thanks to the common use of it to mean "whiny, spoilt, middle-class white kid with stupid hair" that is exactly what it now means.

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-07-26 19:37:39 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 10:27:42 by Jenova's Witness »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #30 on: 2011-07-26 20:02:31 »
about the second picture,

"Goblin king , Goblin King , where ever you may be take this child away from me.."

wait thats not the gobin king?

and now a song to go w/ that.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViftZTfRSt8

Jenova's Witness

• I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-07-26 20:14:14 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 10:28:38 by Jenova's Witness »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-07-26 20:34:41 »
Yeah bowie at his best there in that film, I love it.  He wrote the songs for that film too.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-07-26 20:37:53 »
Not wanting to be an ass but i bet you've learned about them by watching MTV and/or myspace profiles of scene emos wannabes.

Who goes to myspace anymore?

Jenova's Witness

• I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-07-26 20:41:54 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 10:28:47 by Jenova's Witness »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-07-26 21:25:10 »
What's myspace?

It's a place full of emos. Don't bother going there.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #36 on: 2011-07-26 21:28:44 »
David Bowie is a god.  And are you talking to me?

Maybe i only said it cause i knew you'd catch on..

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011-07-26 21:31:31 »
It's a place full of emos. Don't bother going there.

I agree. It's quite faggish.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-07-27 02:06:26 »
We Came As Romans - To Move On Is To Grow

My friend has been on this band's dick for about a year, and I just have to say the following

they suck, they suck, they fucking suck.  get the fuck over them, they fucking suck donkey dick

Now, most of the other bands you mentioned suck, post-hardcore is a pretty shitty genre.  the only good band, imo that you mentioned, was Enter Shikari, they happen to kick ass.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-07-27 02:53:14 »
My friend has been on this band's dick for about a year, and I just have to say the following

they suck, they suck, they fucking suck.  get the fuck over them, they fucking suck donkey dick

Now, most of the other bands you mentioned suck, post-hardcore is a pretty shitty genre.  the only good band, imo that you mentioned, was Enter Shikari, they happen to kick ass.

Is all of their "music" like this? If so, your claims about them seem to be accurate. At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, that's just a bunch of kids shouting. There's no tune!

Also, there are some lulzy comments for this Blood on the Dance Floor video. It seems that most of their fans are between the ages of 11 and 13, with 12 being the most common.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-07-27 02:57:48 »
Is all of their "music" like this? If so, your claims about them seem to be accurate. At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, that's just a bunch of kids shouting. There's no tune!

Also, there are some lulzy comments for this Blood on the Dance Floor video. It seems that most of their fans are between the ages of 11 and 13, with 12 being the most common.

I'm 17. Thanks.

I like these two songs too. Check em out. They aren't Blood on the Dance Floor so don't worry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZsdDPd5gVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZLUohDCGo

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-07-27 03:16:14 »
I'm 17. Thanks.

I like these two songs too. Check em out. They aren't Blood on the Dance Floor so don't worry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZsdDPd5gVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZLUohDCGo

The first video seems to be jeffdamann's band. I was most amused by the line "It's a brother and a sister kinda thang". No wonder they all have six fingers on each hand over there.

The second video was uploaded by an arsehole who decided that Britfags weren't allowed to see it.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-07-27 03:21:17 »
The first video seems to be jeffdamann's band. I was most amused by the line "It's a brother and a sister kinda thang". No wonder they all have six fingers on each hand over there.

The second video was uploaded by an arsehole who decided that Britfags weren't allowed to see it.

The second song is called She's Country. Try looking it up on the Britfag YouTube.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011-07-27 03:51:01 »

Yes.  Now, I can appreciate the whole hardcore scene and all that.  However, that doesn't mean I like it; even as far as bands I do like, in that genre, they don't even come close to being one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mwgv7WjPK4  Try listening to that for some good metal.  For those who aren't aware, Dream Theater is a Progressive Metal band comprised of some EXTREMELY skilled musicians, just to illustrate, their new (as in, they just announced he joined the band a few months ago) drummer was a professor at UC Berkeley, and their keyboardist went to the Juilliard School Of Music pre-College division at the age of nine.  This song is a medley of various instrumental pieces and solos they've recorded/performed over the years.  See how they can do this thing called perform them, with no issue (forget how they make all of them flow into each other so perfectly)?  That's called talent, it's something most bands lack these days.

/abrubt rant ending

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-07-27 03:59:59 »
Yes.  Now, I can appreciate the whole hardcore scene and all that.  However, that doesn't mean I like it; even as far as bands I do like, in that genre, they don't even come close to being one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mwgv7WjPK4  Try listening to that for some good metal.  For those who aren't aware, Dream Theater is a Progressive Metal band comprised of some EXTREMELY skilled musicians, just to illustrate, their new (as in, they just announced he joined the band a few months ago) drummer was a professor at UC Berkeley, and their keyboardist went to the Juilliard School Of Music pre-College division at the age of nine.  This song is a medley of various instrumental pieces and solos they've recorded/performed over the years.  See how they can do this thing called perform them, with no issue (forget how they make all of them flow into each other so perfectly)?  That's called talent, it's something most bands lack these days.

/abrubt rant ending

Pretty good. And the bassist looks like one of the dudes from DragonForce.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-07-27 04:40:03 »

Ok no, no, and more no. Are you crazy? There goes more sterotyping.... Do you have any idea what horrible atrocities I have seen in this thread? The only decent suggestion was Led Zepplin - Kashmir

BEST SONG OF ALL TIME, NOT EVEN DEBATABLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCd9vg3BDw

Your welcome for me blowing your mind away ;)

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-07-27 04:45:48 »
Pretty good. And the bassist looks like one of the dudes from DragonForce.

Yeah, he does, except for how he can actually write music, and perform music

Jaki

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-07-27 04:50:11 »
« Last Edit: 2014-06-19 13:24:38 by Jaki »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-07-27 04:56:53 »
BEST SONG OF ALL TIME, NOT EVEN DEBATABLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jCd9vg3BDw

I highly disagree.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-07-27 05:59:15 »
No truly great song had only guitars and drums for instruments. Here's something that's WAY better.