Author Topic: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests  (Read 317612 times)

KohryuZX

• View Profile
Re: Catalog v2.3x Report / Mod Requests
« Reply #400 on: 2018-09-16 07:47:43 »
From what i've read on the author's page, the creator painted the original models with the artwork from the game so i dont think he ripped models from somewhere though i wouldn't know if using paint to paint on the normal models with the official art of the game can be considered ripping them, i guess the only thing would be to ask them or something.

About the chibi, i thought there used to be a mod that fixed the mouth and added hands on all of them but i guess i was wrong there too, sorry for the disturb.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2018-09-17 00:41:42 »
If any assets are used is where it would become an issue.  So if anything came from another game then it is really a no no.

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2018-09-17 14:34:33 »
Would Tetsuya Nomura Artwork he did for the game count as FF7 Assets or Outside assets? From what i know all he did is paint the artwork on the original models of FF7 but I'll ask them just to be sure.

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2018-09-18 19:14:14 »
I just received confirmation from the mod's original author that all assets for his drawn on battle models are all 100% originals

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #404 on: 2018-09-19 10:31:01 »
they are originals yeah. He draws everything himself to allow him to wrap it around the model.
I asked him to teach me haha

megamaki

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2018-12-19 20:25:36 »
is there any mod of sephiroth with her own limites and movements? to play as a main character o in the party?

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2019-02-02 03:28:46 »
Sorry for the necro answering the question and giving an update.  To answer your question Megamaki there will be soon I will finalize and hopefully release the mod within a month.
Update: I am in the process of playing through and ironing out the bugs.  That is mostly why it is taking so long.  I am running into an issue with the screen being black when you transition from the Rufus fight after you fall into the lifestream and Shade Sephiroth talking before you walk up to him and initiate the convo.  Hopefully these can be fixed easily and then move on to northern crater and have that finalized and that should be all that is left.  Need to get the Sephiroth Chocobo and any other related minigames version being used in this mod.

megamaki

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2019-02-02 23:44:12 »
thanks for the answer, I'll wait for you to launch a new iro

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2019-02-04 05:21:23 »
@EQ2Alyza can you please add the new version of 7H to the download?
https://github.com/TurBoss/7h/releases

It has a few fixes and it did solve a problem someone reported on discord.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #409 on: 2019-02-04 11:04:45 »
Sure. I didn't want to release until we had finished some other features and fixes, but it's been so long since we've worked on it that I forgot what they were  :-P

Curious, what problem did it solve?
« Last Edit: 2019-02-04 11:07:19 by EQ2Alyza »

FF7 FanMod

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2019-02-05 04:33:24 »
hello, an official mod who strongly upscaling FF7 version pc and steam, named "ff7 hd remako graphic" make breaknews and is now available, you can download this here: https://mega.nz/#!MXZTVYSY!rpmM7bAIkUQLFIluQeBB7QHU_D-3qGT4SL0kgkXTTNo
or you can read this here ==>https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-7s-ai-upscaled-graphics-mod-is-now-downloadable/ 
and for view pictures, it's here ==> https://www.tomsguide.fr/2019/02/04/final-fantasy-vii-passe-a-la-hd-avec-un-mod-intelligent/

but i wanted to know if it's compatible with the Ff7 7th Heaven mod?  can you study the subject please?
thank you.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2019-02-05 04:38:29 »
hello, an official mod who strongly upscaling FF7 version pc and steam, named "ff7 hd remako graphic" make breaknews and is now available, you can download this here: https://mega.nz/#!MXZTVYSY!rpmM7bAIkUQLFIluQeBB7QHU_D-3qGT4SL0kgkXTTNo
or you can read this here ==>https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-7s-ai-upscaled-graphics-mod-is-now-downloadable/ 
and for view pictures, it's here ==> https://www.tomsguide.fr/2019/02/04/final-fantasy-vii-passe-a-la-hd-avec-un-mod-intelligent/

but i wanted to know if it's compatible with the Ff7 7th Heaven mod?  can you study the subject please?
thank you.

It's actually already in the forums here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18573.0

And it's already planned to be added to 7th heaven once the field, battle, and world textures are released as per what EQ2Alyza has said in that thread (about 2/3's down the page)
« Last Edit: 2019-02-05 04:57:24 by strife98 »

niemasd

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2019-06-01 18:22:18 »
I'm using the Beacause + Menu Overhaul mod that was packaged in the 7th Heaven catalog, but I just wanted to check: is it the most up-to-date version? It seems like Beacause reached 100% completion, so I want to make sure I'm using that 100% complete version

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2019-06-01 19:52:28 »
I'm using the Beacause + Menu Overhaul mod that was packaged in the 7th Heaven catalog, but I just wanted to check: is it the most up-to-date version? It seems like Beacause reached 100% completion, so I want to make sure I'm using that 100% complete version
No, the 7H version is R03c.  R05c is current, and R06 is "real soon now" (just final testing and whatnot to complete)

BlunderingFool

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2019-07-01 23:26:36 »
Not entirely sure if it's what was intended with "Mod request" in mind (I suck at reading intention, sorry!) but would it be possible to use some sort of frame-blending/motion blur shader to replicate the persistence of vision and (Possibly) interlaced (Blended) signal the original game expected?

For example, take how when use an "All" type of magic, you get a pointer finger rapidly flicking between all valid targets. I imagine on a CRT (I've only got a tube telly, no monitor, and unfortunately the game won't run on my Xbox's ps1 emulator to verify this) that it would blend nicely into a transparent icon, which I assume was the intention, is that right? As well, wouldn't it smooth out those jittery 60fps battles? (The whole point of motion blur being to create the sense of motion when there's not enough drawn frames to portray movement.)

drnick88101

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2019-12-30 21:54:22 »
Can someone please add this mod to 7th heaven? https://archive.org/download/tifa-s-package-bootleg040-mods-updated-11-24-2013/Aeris_Patch_23_March_2011.rar

I want to play as aeris for the whole game but don't want to use the new thread mod. I tried to make the mod myself but I got errors when activating it. thank you for considering my request. cheers!

Meical

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests
« Reply #416 on: 2020-03-09 18:26:06 »
So my issue currently is that no matter what I have the settings switched to, several mods keep deactivating to due compatibility issues.  Mainly, using the Resize Project from the Field Models 3.0 catalog and Using New Threat from the Gameplay 3.0 catalog.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2020-03-09 22:46:06 »
So my issue currently is that no matter what I have the settings switched to, several mods keep deactivating to due compatibility issues.  Mainly, using the Resize Project from the Field Models 3.0 catalog and Using New Threat from the Gameplay 3.0 catalog.

That’s right. You answered your problem by saying they have “compatibility issues.” RP will deactivate NT because they’re incompatible. They both modify the flevel.lgp, which can’t be mixed together when modding FF7. Sorry for the confusion.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2020-03-10 18:50:09 »
That’s right. You answered your problem by saying they have “compatibility issues.” RP will deactivate NT because they’re incompatible. They both modify the flevel.lgp, which can’t be mixed together when modding FF7. Sorry for the confusion.

So does that incompatibility override the "Ignore Mod Compatibility Restrictions" feature of 7th Heaven?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2020-03-10 23:58:48 »
No, it’s the opposite. That button will override the compatibility locks set with the mods and make them available to choose. This is not recommended though. You will experience glitches and crashes. If you ignore my warnings, so be it. But please don’t report it on the forums or Discord unless you’re there to offer a compatibility patch that you worked on to help fix the problem. Otherwise, you’re only wasting time for others for something that is already tested and known to not work.

Good luck and happy playing  :wink:

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2020-03-11 04:31:53 »
No, it’s the opposite. That button will override the compatibility locks set with the mods and make them available to choose. This is not recommended though. You will experience glitches and crashes. If you ignore my warnings, so be it. But please don’t report it on the forums or Discord unless you’re there to offer a compatibility patch that you worked on to help fix the problem. Otherwise, you’re only wasting time for others for something that is already tested and known to not work.

Good luck and happy playing  :wink:

I hear that, I fully plan on following your advice.  So no worries there.  I was just concerned that the feature was not functioning as should.

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2020-03-12 01:18:23 »
does 7th heaven 2.0 support hext text documents like the old one did?  for instance: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15762.0

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #422 on: 2020-03-12 02:03:51 »
does 7th heaven 2.0 support hext text documents like the old one did?  for instance: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15762.0

7H has had built in support for hext since some of the very first early versions. The link you posted is not 7H support but rather a different method used with old tools from DLPB. 7H 2.0 no longer includes anything from DLPB (it never did actually, those tools were in the old game converter). If you want to use hext in 7H 2.0, you would create a mod folder, then inside of it create a hext subfolder. Copy any hext text files you want into that subfolder and activate the mod in 7H.

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2020-03-12 23:14:00 »
ah ok, i'm going to guess those hext don't work anymore then or there overridden by new ui mod.  when I tried that they didn't appear to work.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #424 on: 2020-03-13 18:51:34 »
ah ok, i'm going to guess those hext don't work anymore then or there overridden by new ui mod.  when I tried that they didn't appear to work.

Hext doesn't stop working because time passes. Assuming the exe is the same and you're editing the correct address and values, you'll see results. Maybe you're doing a step incorrectly. I'd suggest unpacking an existing mod that uses hext so you can see how it is set up.