Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII style  (Read 80225 times)

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII syle
« Reply #50 on: 2012-05-12 17:31:31 »
Is there a beta mod available for test here?

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2012-05-27 03:14:16 »
I am so excited this project is getting picked back up! keep up the great work!

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2012-05-27 17:21:24 »
not going down ladders is a minor issue imo
they're just a little afraid of heights, that's why everyone stays indoors at the highwind and why the sky-drop into midgar is such a big deal :D!

I agree, i can more easily believe they get tired of climbing up and down ladders than believing they can walk inside of the leader until they are needed. I would enjoy the mod if that's the only problem.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2012-05-29 17:39:19 »
What would be done in areas where you have to climb a ladder to get there? Like Fort Condor or Cosmo Canyon? Just have your party pop out when you get off the ladder?

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2012-05-29 18:01:42 »
I would do it like that, yes.
It would look a bit weird that they were left downstairs and then pop up from you again in the top of the stairs but it's the best you can get atm, i guess.

If it was possible you could make them fade away when you get on a ladder but i guess that's hard/impossible.
You could also make them join cloud as soon as he hits the stairs but that would make you lose some seconds.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2012-05-29 19:03:51 »
I programmed them as NPCs that appear when that certain member is in your team. Tifa's and Cid's are disabled during their time as the party leader.

It was so that it didn't mess up cutscenes. They would just keep moving towards the leader, and ignore all other scripts.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2012-05-30 04:24:15 »
I really wouldn't mind the latter issue either. It could make traveling the field a bit more interesting sometimes

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2012-06-01 18:36:50 »
Can anyone set up video tutorial or something so that we can try it out too...i may be good with computers but i'm no software string expert. Just street smarts here....

The way i see it through the screenshots, you do have something going here! even if it is incomplete, i'd sure like to know how we can do it....
It can work on any model right? i mean given the number of character mods that we have out here...

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2012-06-05 17:11:46 »
Ideally, from what i have learned by following Espio is that he finds the codes, for NPC's actions and basically adds or replaces those codes with your character of choice. I think he also re-adds the character onto the field so that you can basically give them those specific codes to follow the leader. (like the guy in the desert prison, or aeris when escaping the church.)

I couldnt really give you any technical terms (which i think you were looking for) but I think Espio also likes people to find things out on there own using trial and error methods like he does. =)

what i can say is i think the tool youre looking for is the Makao reactor? which helps you edit things in the FLevel.lgp file

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2012-06-06 16:07:51 »
Ideally, from what i have learned by following Espio is that he finds the codes, for NPC's actions and basically adds or replaces those codes with your character of choice. I think he also re-adds the character onto the field so that you can basically give them those specific codes to follow the leader. (like the guy in the desert prison, or aeris when escaping the church.)

I couldnt really give you any technical terms (which i think you were looking for) but I think Espio also likes people to find things out on there own using trial and error methods like he does. =)

what i can say is i think the tool youre looking for is the Makao reactor? which helps you edit things in the FLevel.lgp file

I'm not looking for technical terms. like i said i'm only street smarts computing. Meaning only a little better than the average pc user. But i already knew most of what you....so Mako Reactor is the tool that can be used right? So if i retrace Espio's steps right from the first post......somehow i may get it to work....too bad i have never used codes in modifying a game....let alone this...well i guess i'll figure it out somehow. i mean i eventually get it right...always...somehow.

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2012-06-06 17:19:07 »
... Good luck!

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2012-06-12 06:32:33 »
I'm not looking for technical terms. like i said i'm only street smarts computing. Meaning only a little better than the average pc user. But i already knew most of what you....so Mako Reactor is the tool that can be used right? So if i retrace Espio's steps right from the first post......somehow i may get it to work....too bad i have never used codes in modifying a game....let alone this...well i guess i'll figure it out somehow. i mean i eventually get it right...always...somehow.

yes yes! so keep me posted on any new progress! let us (me) know if you need any help! =)

Magicbob

• A good reason is not always a relevant one.
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII style
« Reply #62 on: 2012-06-12 10:16:48 »
Been watching this thread for some time now, definitely interested to see how well it turns out. Can't wait to see this all finished up and ready for release  ;D

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2012-06-12 22:08:14 »
The code is a bit messy at the moment...hopefully I can figure out a "cleaner" way to do it...

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2012-06-18 17:49:41 »
yes yes! so keep me posted on any new progress! let us (me) know if you need any help! =)
It's not "if"...it's when...which could be quite often....

EDIT:
Any tools that could help out? a few tips for my first steps?
« Last Edit: 2012-06-18 18:20:55 by archerxtreme »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2012-06-18 22:18:34 »
Messing about with making cutscenes...

Anyone tell me where this is from? :P *Hint, a TV series :p

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2012-06-18 23:37:59 »
Messing about with making cutscenes...

Anyone tell me where this is from? :P *Hint, a TV series :p
Not a 100% sure but the wording reminds me of a episode of Buffy (the musical episode).

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2012-06-19 10:53:12 »
Yep that's it :P

Gonna try and recreate that in FF7, see how well it works.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2012-06-19 11:18:30 »
Yep that's it :P

Gonna try and recreate that in FF7, see how well it works.
Hahahah, i have got to see that, if you do it will you please upload a pictures (or a video with the music to it)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2012-06-19 11:25:02 »
What I was planning on doing was just recording what I've got in game, then putting the song over the top. So it looked like they were actually singing it :P

This is how I want it:

Aeris - Buffy
Cloud - Xander
Tifa - Anya
Yuffie - Dawn
Cid - Giles
Vincent - Spike
Caith Sith - Willow

I don't think I could get away with Barret - Tara xDDD

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2012-06-19 11:45:20 »
What I was planning on doing was just recording what I've got in game, then putting the song over the top. So it looked like they were actually singing it :P

This is how I want it:

Aeris - Buffy
Cloud - Xander
Tifa - Anya
Yuffie - Dawn
Cid - Giles
Vincent - Spike
Caith Sith - Willow

Nice sounds good, Yeah Barret as Tara is a little to extreme (even though she does look a little manly Barret isn't the right choice, maybe Sephiroth would work though with his long hair  ;D)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2012-06-19 12:19:56 »

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2012-06-19 12:53:35 »
^^demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAw7yQk6WbE&feature=youtu.be

Quality is a bit bleh though...
Looks like you have the timing right, although i wonder if Aries should move a little more (around the fire i mean, rather than just standing on the spot), but anyway good start, i look forward to it. Also maybe when you done you should do a parody and actually have Aries walk through the fire  :evil:

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2012-06-19 21:54:17 »
Well I'd like to recreate scenes from other things. I did one from Friends last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMOMn3XU0i8

I'd love to do more of them :P

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2012-06-24 17:02:16 »

This is how I want it:

Aeris - Buffy
Cloud - Xander
Tifa - Anya
Yuffie - Dawn
Cid - Giles
Vincent - Spike
Caith Sith - Willow

I actually think Cloud would make a good Spike and Vincent can be Angel.