Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII style  (Read 80160 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Final Fantasy VII - Final Fantasy VIII style
« Reply #75 on: 2012-07-14 22:58:20 »
lol I remember that part from friends. Those were phoebe's lines, right?

Also, any progress on this follower mod?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2012-08-05 16:42:00 »
Sorry, been busy with Dissidia modding...

Anyway, I'll have another look soon. I'll see where I got to with it.

I may need a team...

I think I've blanked about 10 pm's about this, sorry :(

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2012-08-05 18:54:48 »
That's no problem. If you really can't continue with it you can always release it in its unfinished state, I'm sure it'd make a good portion of people happy.

Of course if you want to continue working on it though, that'd be great too :)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2012-08-08 23:08:22 »
Well it turns out, at some point I'd worked out how to get around the ladder problem, and cleaned the code a bit.

Only thing is they go up the ladder in their standing animation.

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2012-08-08 23:18:45 »
Well it turns out, at some point I'd worked out how to get around the ladder problem, and cleaned the code a bit.

Only thing is they go up the ladder in their standing animation.

That's still an improvement on the original in my opinion.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2012-08-08 23:37:15 »
Turns out I had forgot to put the animation on a loop:

And that is the worst possible picture I could have taken...

However if I were to take the ladder down from the other field, she keeps her climbing animation going.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-08 23:40:40 by ultima espio »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #81 on: 2012-08-08 23:49:37 »
curses, when this is released, I'll have to play through the entire game again
time to use super-1 scene.bin :D

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2012-08-09 01:57:12 »
I love this. It adds a lot more to feeling like you are actually in a party, something that FF8 undoubtedly got right

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012-08-09 19:32:03 »
I can't seem to break the animation loop, she will always use the climbing animation for standing no  matter what.

For now I just got her to spin around and vanish when on the ladder. (Like when she changes clothes in Corneo's mansion)
« Last Edit: 2012-08-09 20:16:44 by ultima espio »

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2012-08-09 20:49:10 »
So do all chars do this for ladders?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012-08-09 21:05:53 »
They will, I've only set Aeris up for it at the moment, since the code I edited was copied from her.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2012-08-13 22:52:53 »
Out of curiosity, they don't follow you on special occasions right? Like if I was at the shinra building running up the stairs, or escaping from the church, it wouldn't put your chars behind you when they are already on-screen right?

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012-09-01 17:52:14 »
Are you also going to implement being able to change party leaders when you want? or is it more difficult because you would have to add codes to every additional character as a  leader? or i also remember you mentioning that you figured out how to change leaders by talking to a character like with Aeris on the Highwind...

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2012-09-01 17:56:29 »
Well yeah it would be possible to have whoever you want as your leader, but things get complicated there.

The script would have to be rewritten for Cloud not being there if he wasn't in the team (like Aeris' death for example)

Codes get complicated for scenes where a specific character is the leader. Like when you first arrive in Mideel, and Tifa finds the Dog. Now in order to get that to work for Aeris, I'd have to copy all of Tifa's code, but then there'd probably be no room left for codes for when they are just members.

I haven't really looked at it in a long time.

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2012-09-07 16:57:03 »
I see where things become tricky... In your tifa example: would she still be able to have her dog codes and notice the dog if she wasn't the leader, but was following you in your party instead?

Would it also be more complicated for scenes that are supposed to involve specific characters for them to still have the same dialogue but not be the party leader? im not really sure there is a way to get around that lol.

I dont think i necessarily would want to change the game as far as changing who gets to save cloud in the lifestream. I would just want to be able to play as any character like when i'm in the traveling, or playing at the gold saucer, or when in costa del sol, or even going to the sleeping forest or whatever that place is called.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2012-09-09 16:32:56 »
Might have to mess around and see how it works.

At one point I did have a Sonic Heroes thing going on as well, if you pressed switch it set the leader to the next character. It was really glitchy though...

I've even had an idea for an Aeris game. Basically play the game from her perspective. Including mini games for before she meets Cloud. Then after she dies, she follows the others on her own, witnessing the events but not being able to do anything about it.

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012-09-12 02:32:57 »
that's Sooo depressing! but I love all your ideas/projects. how would that even work??

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #92 on: 2012-09-12 03:09:03 »
I've even had an idea for an Aeris game. Basically play the game from her perspective. Including mini games for before she meets Cloud. Then after she dies, she follows the others on her own, witnessing the events but not being able to do anything about it.

This is a great idea!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2012-09-12 03:13:40 »
Does dead Aerith get battles? Or do anything? Half of FF7 is already a game of follow the leader, so doing it again but you can't actually do anything at all basically turns it into a cutscene.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2012-09-16 13:40:31 »
Well yeah, it would be pointless otherwise :p

What I meant was, she tries to stop things from happening but she has no effect on the events.

Though I don't really know how it would work, she'd be Cloud on the world map, and I think it would be odd for her to be on the Highwind since she's following the others from behind...so maybe it's better that it stays an idea.

I see where things become tricky... In your tifa example: would she still be able to have her dog codes and notice the dog if she wasn't the leader, but was following you in your party instead?

Would it also be more complicated for scenes that are supposed to involve specific characters for them to still have the same dialogue but not be the party leader? im not really sure there is a way to get around that lol.

I dont think i necessarily would want to change the game as far as changing who gets to save cloud in the lifestream. I would just want to be able to play as any character like when i'm in the traveling, or playing at the gold saucer, or when in costa del sol, or even going to the sleeping forest or whatever that place is called.

Ok so I just tested this out. Copied Tifa's code, and pasted in an Aeris entity. Now both Aeris and Tifa work in that scene as leaders, but not as members. I think it'll just be a case of changing which script to load to fix it :)

Yeah, it works. So you can have FF7 with any leader you want.

Oops, messed with encounters and activated Test 0:
« Last Edit: 2012-09-16 15:23:44 by ultima espio »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #95 on: 2012-09-16 16:36:54 »
you should check cloudiars mod for this
he does this in several fields

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2012-09-16 16:40:10 »
Well there goes my original idea...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: 2012-09-16 17:07:51 »
I think he does it differently than you do
essentially, he has a character specific script running for your party members that if the party member is in the party, it loops a "move character to party leader" indefinitely and thus makes it look like it's a follow script
I'm iffy on the details for now but Barret basically follows you everywhere, visible, in reactor 1
haven't gotten to reactor 5 yet... so much spanish -> english translating and rewriting the story

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2012-09-24 03:25:53 »
THIS IS AWESOME, but how does it look in the field/world Map?

Well yeah, it would be pointless otherwise :p

What I meant was, she tries to stop things from happening but she has no effect on the events.

Though I don't really know how it would work, she'd be Cloud on the world map, and I think it would be odd for her to be on the Highwind since she's following the others from behind...so maybe it's better that it stays an idea.

Ok so I just tested this out. Copied Tifa's code, and pasted in an Aeris entity. Now both Aeris and Tifa work in that scene as leaders, but not as members. I think it'll just be a case of changing which script to load to fix it :)

Yeah, it works. So you can have FF7 with any leader you want.

Oops, messed with encounters and activated Test 0:

peppita

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2012-09-28 04:37:55 »
so i just found this, and you have to be able to build off this Espio! this is amazing! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2mSzAK3aS8