Author Topic: QuickFire Question: If my Movies dont play at all  (Read 2431 times)

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Regardless of patched or unpatched, I remember not installing directx or directshow/media in the FF7 setup, but I cannot install them manually either
theres a patch in great FF7 FAQ in this forum, but the setup doesnt seem to work for me on XP SP2 PRo

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
QuickFire Question: If my Movies dont play at all
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-07 12:56:18 »
Uninstalling some of the codecs first (before installing the TrueMotion2.0 codec) works sometimes. You can install them again later.

dziugo

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-08 00:06:00 »
Hi, I found out that I did need that codec patch thing in the FAQ
just needed to clean out my temp folder so it would install.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-24 12:03:02 »
*bump*

Where exactly do I find this "codec patch thing"?

Is this refering to the normal Truemotion codec patch that Eidos released? I'm having problems with the movies not working at all and I'm wondering...

My movies won't play at all in game or in VirtualDub if I open them, but they play fine in WMP, even showing the correct "Truemotion 2.0" filter (I think that's correct anyway ^^;;). Then again, maybe this is the wrong Truemotion codec it's trying to use, so maybe I'll try deleting this Truemotion codec.
It's very odd because if I set the movies to run from the CD-ROM it doesn't even try to read the CD :/
I'm wondering if I just need to reformat or not (I really, really do); I'm having a somewhat similar problem to this with an encoding program not reading my video files correctly.

Urk, this teaches me for leaving Final Fantasy VII alone for years and not keeping up with tech support issues ^^