Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1241272 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
EDIT: I got the music working, not sure if this is related to x64, but what FF7 music was outputting lead me to believe it was working, upon further inspection (opening the FF7 music config), it has the correct plugins selected, but FF7 Music isn't using them. If you reselect the plugin it will load it into FF7 music and then it will work. So, as of right now, I currently have a fully working FF7 install on Windows 7 x64 and the Remix mod installed ;) (Minus the two corrupt files :P). Once I find my original CDs I will do a clean from scratch install with them and let you know how it goes- but I'm fairly confident it will work. :D

The way I start the program (this matter because if you don't run FF7 as admin it seems to like to crash, at least that's my experience, is to start FF7 music as administrator, and then start FF7 via that. This method, so far, has been working perfectly.

I'm glad you were able to get it all working fine... that FF7Music thing is news to me... I can't imagine why that would happen...I'm gonna chalk that up to the corrupt installer for now... but yeah, I always have User Account Control turned off so I never have to worry about running as administrator, but I'll see if I can find some way to make it so that you don't have to every time...

BTW for those who are installing the corrupt archives, here's one of the missing files, fin.mp3. put it in the \ficedula\mp3 folder:
Link

The other (ending2.avi, i think?) can be found on disc 3 of the game, so you can copy it out of there into the \movies folder.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 21:00:42 by titeguy3 »

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Well, it's not a big deal- I personally hate UAC and don't know why I leave it on at all xD.

Actually, I just disabled it, I've always hated it since I upgraded from XP.

That aside, I've noticed a" bug" with the 64bitpostinstall.bat file.
It attempts to open "%ProgramFiles%\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ff7_opengl.cfg", which won't work since that is equal to
"Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ff7_opengl.cfg", but the opengl.cfg file should be in the Program Files (x86) folder, this aside the whole .bat file runs as it should.

I'm trying to find right path you want without hardcoding it to a specific drive letter, but I can't find anything like %ProgramFiles% that points to the x86 folder.. :(

EDIT: I guess it seems to be "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" but watch out because the last time I put that in my "run" prompt my whole computer crashed :S. Nevermind that crash, I just edited the .bat myself and it worked and opened the config file correctly. My one last question about the bat is, shouldn't it open the "ff7opengl_vista64.reg" file instead of the "ff7opengl.reg" or is that specifically for vista/7 x64, not XP x64?

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, just realized you took care of the opengl.reg file stuff in the first post install script, all that needs to be changed is that "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"

« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 21:24:39 by Zarradeth »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Well, it's not a big deal- I personally hate UAC and don't know why I leave it on at all xD.

Actually, I just disabled it, I've always hated it since I upgraded from XP.

That aside, I've noticed a" bug" with the 64bitpostinstall.bat file.
It attempts to open "%ProgramFiles%\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ff7_opengl.cfg", which won't work since that is equal to
"Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ff7_opengl.cfg", but the opengl.cfg file should be in the Program Files (x86) folder, this aside the whole .bat file runs as it should.

I'm trying to find right path you want without hardcoding it to a specific drive latter, but I can't find anything like %ProgramFiles% that points to the x86 folder.. :(

EDIT: I guess it seems to be "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" but watch out because the last time I put that in my "run" prompt my whole computer crashed :S. Nevermind that crash, I just edited the .bat myself and it worked and opened the config file correctly. My one last question about the bat is, shouldn't it open the "ff7opengl_vista64.reg" file instead of the "ff7opengl.reg" or is that specifically for vista/7 x64, not XP x64?

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, just realized you took care of the opengl.reg file stuff in the first post install script, all that needs to be changed is that "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"

haha lots of edits. Thanks for that, I've honestly never used a 64-bit OS so trying to make an installer that's compatible with one is a tad tricky. I'm going to have to edit my shortcuts script as well... I guess I've got a new version lined up soon.

ddmosho

• View Profile
are u gonna put up another mirror or just gonna get your server up and running?

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Hehe, no better time for a new version than when the installer for the last one ends up getting corrupt xD.

If you can any other questions about if any of the .bat files work, or how they act, lemme know. I can look into it for you. And I do remember getting an error somewhere along the lines about "FF7RemixShortcuts.vbs", but I ignored it :P

Also, if you care to change them, all of the .bats for opening the configs don't have x64 support, but you can do the same trick you use at the beginning of the post install script to get those to work. And are the ff7MovieKey.reg files setup at all to use the Program Files (x86) folder? I noticed that you delete them along the lines, so maybe there were ones that used the x86 path, but got deleted. At the moment the only ones in my movies dir all use the Program Files path.
Heh, and looking at the keys in regedit show them in the normal programs folder, not the x86 one, BUT the movies have been working so far... at least the intro (the improved one, I'm guessing it's from that tech demo Sony did)

If you want help, lemme know-- I'm more than willing :)

Edit: Whether you want them or not :P http://www.mediafire.com/?uztwmn2tyzm
Should have all the .regs and .bat setup for x64 and x86
« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 22:30:04 by Zarradeth »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help, I've compiled v2.2, no real significant game enhancements, but I've fixed a plethora of 64-bit compatibility issues and "prettied up" things with custom icons. The mirror should be fully uploaded by tomorrow.

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Thanks for the help, I've compiled v2.2, no real significant game enhancements, but I've fixed a plethora of 64-bit compatibility issues and "prettied up" things with custom icons. The mirror should be fully uploaded by tomorrow.

My apologizes, titeguy3, I woulda noticed this earlier had I tried installing from the original discs to begin with.
It seems the for the same reason that the OpenGL reg needs a different version for Vista x64 is true for getting the videos to work.

I've been trying to get this to install correctly off the original discs (come to find out the installer I was using before made the video changes for me).

This will fix it, after a couple of changes, some experimenting, and a lot of installing and uninstalling xD.
http://www.mediafire.com/?oz2ldayy2zm
I can confirm it works pretty flawlessly on Windows 7 x64.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-08 02:16:44 by Zarradeth »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
@tit3guy

I'm gonna be a bit blunt over here..out of the topic...

But how would you turn Off UAC in XP?...  Thanks in advance!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
XP doesn't have UAC.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
@tit3guy

UAC is vista and windows 7 only

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
@tit3guy

UAC is vista and windows 7 only
XP doesn't have UAC.

Uhm...Thanks...for pointing that out.....bluntly.  :-P

*digs his own grave*

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
When you are going to put again the link of unload? :-P

If it can be for megaupload. Pear is all the same with that you put it again. :-)

Congratulation for your great work ;-)

proJ3CHT

• View Profile
great looking patch bro but plzplzplz fix the download link...

was so looking forward to downloading this :)

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Also, I just noticed the problem with FF7music on x64 (when you have to repick the plugins)
"[Setup]
InputPlugin=C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\in_mad.dll
OutputPlugin=C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\out_wave.dll"

you would need to change the paths in that (ff7music.ini), it would be simple to make the installer do this for you (include a FF7music.ini file with the x64 paths and have the x64postinstallscript overwrite it with it), but I don't think it's really needed since the manual fix for it is easy anyways, just have to repick the plugins.

Edit:
Actually, all you seem to have to do is change the .ini to-
"[Setup]
InputPlugin=in_mad.dll
OutputPlugin=out_wave.dll"

This works, it looks for the plugin in the same folder as itself this way and the path is relative, not hardcoded. So no matter what kinda system you are running, or on what drive, it will pick them up.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-08 21:38:41 by Zarradeth »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Alright, I've posted an updated link to FF7 Remix v2.2. Not much new in terms of mods, but I have added a ton of compatibility fixes and whatnot, so the installer should be more seamless. I've also posted a fixed ff7music.ini...so you might want that as well... Download links are on the front page.

EDIT: this was a hasty update, so look forward to a v2.3 with more mods/fixes soon!
« Last Edit: 2009-09-09 06:17:11 by titeguy3 »

albertopsp

• View Profile
Thank you very much!!

I unload and comment on it.

albertopsp

• View Profile
I have unloaded it and it gives me mistake.

says: Mistake CRc the file this one damaged

;-)

Zarradeth

• View Profile
-.-
I can confirm what albertopsp is saying- I downloaded them last night but didn't test them until I saw that supposedly they were still showing up as corrupt.
Here's the winrar errors, it only complains about the first part this time-

Redownloaded the first part and I still does the same thing.

Also, when you ignore the CRC error with winrar, the installer gets CRC errors on:
"CRC failed in ficedula\mp3\aseri2(remix).mp3"
"CRC failed in ff7.exe"

My best guess is that filefront isn't playing nice with the file size (if the maximum size is 600MB, not sure myself tbh)
I would try splitting them at 550MB, it'd still be 3 parts this way anyways.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Took your advice and split it into 550 MB parts. If it works I think I'll stick with that.

Good news...

Version 2.3 is now available!!
All known compatibility issues have been solved PLUS I've incorporated Team Avalanche's Beta 8 PLUS Timu Sumisu & Millenia's High Quality Barret.

More good news...

The main download link should be up and running by tomorrow!

The installer really should be seamless this time...as easy as installing and playing. If it isn't this easy for anyone, post your issues here and I'll be sure to have them solved by the next release!

Zarradeth

• View Profile
-.-

I have no idea what's doing it. This time it seemed like the second part was the corrupt part- last time it was the first part.
The only reported CRC error was:
"CRC failed in movies\gold4.avi"
which can be pulled off the discs.
At this point I don't know what the problem with the corruption is, let's just stick with the one-linker when it comes back up.

Also, the key for x64 movies has to goto
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII]
not, [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII]

This will fix it, after a couple of changes, some experimenting, and a lot of installing and uninstalling xD.
http://www.mediafire.com/?oz2ldayy2zm
I can confirm it works pretty flawlessly on Windows 7 x64.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
[sigh] as soon as I get the main link up, I'm abandoning the filefront mirror.

EDIT: I've examined your compatibility files, and after two more slight changes, everything should work 100%.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 01:48:20 by titeguy3 »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Main Link is up! That means no more corruption errors!

albertopsp

• View Profile
THANK YOU!!!

Certainly since I can make work this in Spanish?

CyberPirate

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for this :) I will install Final Fantasy VII once again tonight and then I'll see if this mod package works :)

zockirrer

• View Profile
doesnt work 4 me, after install i got some message openGL bla not found

and the option openGL config is not there
when i start the game i get a black screen for 1 sec and then switchin back 2 desktop the game doesnt start,nothing
i DLt FF7 installed it and ran the patch and its not working so
a guide beginning from zero would be nice

greetz

EDIT:
tried 2 run in 640x480
game installed in default directory
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 15:15:14 by zockirrer »