Author Topic: Renaming a status effect ?  (Read 10393 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Renaming a status effect ?
« Reply #25 on: 2011-04-09 23:18:10 »
The bugs and issues with using dual / dual drain as a poison replacement. Such as not being able to use dual alone, and dual-drain alone failing under certain conditions. Not being able to inflict it normally through added effect. Did you find workarounds, or did you accept these limitations?
« Last Edit: 2011-04-09 23:51:50 by Bosola »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-04-10 00:28:40 »
I am able to answer instead of ArmorVil, since we speak to each other almost every day. Well, Dual and Dual Drain are always enabled together. In AVgr (in the final release), almost every attack that involve the "Poison" status will have "Dual/Seizure" attached to it, but the reverse is not always true. I found some issues, tough, since the Dual/Seizure status is meant to be used "as-is" and so used with others... well... In Total Grudge, this is different *checks kernel and scene of total grudge* There is a magic that inflicts Seizure without Poison. I don't want to spoil much and ArmorVil don't want to create a thread for that until the final release...

EDIT : It was workarounds (accepting the limitations...)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-04-10 08:32:55 »
Yeah, the only slightly annoying thing is Dual+Dual Drain not working with Added Effect. And the fact that enemies don't have an animation when they're affected by this status (you'd have to use Sense on them to realize their HP constantly drop).

And, as Vgr said, as long as you check both the Dual and Dual Drain boxes, the status works great. Even with a low success rate the game inflicts either all the statuses, or none. Thanks to this, it never crashes.

I found some issues, tough, since the Dual/Seizure status is meant to be used "as-is" and so used with others... well...

What issues ? If you mean Dual/Seizure not working when it's combined with Poison and the enemy blocks Poison, it's normal. Part of the game mechanics.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-10 08:40:01 by Armorvil »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-04-10 11:13:38 »
Yeah, and with it not working with Add. Eff.