Author Topic: FFVII-2??  (Read 9358 times)

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
FFVII-2??
« on: 2002-11-07 20:26:27 »
http://www.gamers.com/news/1265663/

Aparently, there's talk about a FF7 sequel... This does not bode too well for the Remake...

The SaiNt

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #1 on: 2002-11-08 13:25:09 »
Hmm.........well we'll just see how things turn out :)

Synergy Blades

FFVII-2??
« Reply #2 on: 2002-11-08 15:58:48 »
Wonder what events could happen after FF7 though? Ah well, let's hope they don't tarnish the brilliant original with a crappy remake.  :-?

Nori

• View Profile
???
« Reply #3 on: 2002-11-08 17:50:14 »
A`re sowa this will take place... 5000 years later right???

Smurgen

• View Profile
    • Http://smurgen.kj-soft.com
FFVII-2??
« Reply #4 on: 2002-11-08 18:28:28 »
They find out how to bring Aeris back to life then she dies again!

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
FFVII-2??
« Reply #5 on: 2002-11-09 03:20:56 »
Well if they do, it will throw my theory out of wack, about what the promised land was and what the white flash was.

.....maybe I'll write about it.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #6 on: 2002-11-10 23:25:25 »
Fuck Square!
One world! One game!

Grrr. This does not bode well for the remake. This also dosent bode well for me either. I'd prefer nothing else offcial comes out from the FFVII world. I dont beleave Square even have the capability to do that sort of world justice any more.

tekwiz99

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #7 on: 2002-11-11 01:09:15 »
unless they throw in pixel & vertex shader with very realistic trees and mountains into that world

Rubicant

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #8 on: 2002-11-11 04:27:22 »
Instead of making these new games, they should release a book that tells the entire story of the games. Maybe we could find out the truth behind some of the most confusing final fantasy mysteries.

But why bother? These are games, not stories!! They're games with stories, but not just simple stories.

Smurgen

• View Profile
    • Http://smurgen.kj-soft.com
FFVII-2??
« Reply #9 on: 2002-11-11 06:44:09 »
Just cuz some square guys talking about maybe sota kinda thinking about a sequel dosen't mean its gonna happen. And besides, this is your chance to prove you can do better than square anyway! You can show em that your remake made by fans is better than the actual sequel made by those Square dudes!

Renderguy

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #10 on: 2002-11-11 20:32:05 »
I doubt that the project willl ever get off of the ground myself.  This seems like it's just a idea right now, probably in a few months the whole thing will just become moot.  If it does make it into production, I don't think it would have much of a effect on the remake project.  You guys won't sell it, right?

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
FFVII-2??
« Reply #11 on: 2002-11-12 03:48:51 »
that, and the supposed PS2 remake of FF7 has been 'in the works' since PS2 first came out.

Lord Kane

• View Profile
    • http://lordkane.co.uk
FFVII-2??
« Reply #12 on: 2002-11-12 05:32:27 »
Acording to IGN (I hate the site, but someone on NGEmu posted a link), Square has no actual plans to create FFVII-2 at this time. It is a possibility, but not now, and it's appreciated that it would have to be superb to see the light of day owing to the huge FF7 fanbase.

Star Raws

FFVII-2??
« Reply #13 on: 2003-01-03 15:23:41 »
Actually, if they do decide to go ahead with a sequel...this would actually force Square into making a remake....unless the sequel is going to have FFvii's orginal graphics.

If they want to add voices or make a more solid link between vii and vii-2 by adding minor additions to the storyline, a remake would be essential.

But like Yoshinori Kitase said in his interview with Famitsu, it's only being considered at the moment. Because FFvii's fan base is so big, the last thing they want to do is screw it up.

Rubicant

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #14 on: 2003-01-04 14:08:23 »
I'm sorry, but there's no reason for Square to make an actual sequel to the game. The story of FF7 ended at the final movie, with
Spoiler: show
Red XIII looking down upon the ruins of Midgar 500 years later
. I seriously don't think there is anything more to add to the plot, unless of course the final movie suggests that stuff happened in between.

However, don't get me wrong about the FF7 Remake project. That is much more different than a sequel. Once again, I think Square is trying to make an extra buck off an already popular franchise.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII-2??
« Reply #15 on: 2003-01-05 11:49:52 »
What makes you think the story just ends 500 years later? If Square decides to go ahead with FFVII-2, it's far more likely they'll continue the story there, and not directly involve the FFVII cast. Save for Red XIII, which could serve as the usual wise man & storyteller. They'll probably try to keep the actual story intermixing to a minimum, like with CT/CC.

My two cents, anyway.

Rubicant

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #16 on: 2003-01-05 13:57:16 »
Hmm. At the end of CT, the evil was extinguished, right? The characters go back to their homes, but the others (3 main people, you know who they are) go off and explore time. Their future is undefined, but has a definate happy ending

Now, contrast to FF7. At the end of that game, the evil was extinguised, or at least they portray it as so. Square doesn't show what happens to the characters after the final event. The only thing similar to that is a shot of Midgar, 500 years later. Apparently they suggest that RedXIII's race is no longer on the endangered species list, and maybe he got it on with a female that has close chromosomic ties with his species..whatever. Except, they don't say anything about the welfare of the rest of the party.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final flash at the end of the cinematic causes the airship to plummet to the ground in a blazing fireball. So then, it shows a shot of Aeris's face, smiling, because she knows that she can meet her friends in the lifestream, now that they're all dead. Everyone could have survived, but RedXIII took ALL of the emergency parachutes and jumped off by himself.

Sure, they COULD do a sequel, like they did CC, and probably do it well. They definately leave the player with a feeling of mystery, so it could work as a CC-style sequel. However, since I feel that Square did a poor job of telling FF7's story, I don't expect them to do another FF7 story all that well. But hey, I can give them a second chance. It's Square!

Star Raws

FFVII-2??
« Reply #17 on: 2003-01-06 07:19:15 »
Don't look at it to continue the plot, think more along the lines that it will make something new.

New Evil can always come....besides, it doesn't even need to have the same characters, they could just have cameos, or better yet, they could be the bad guy.

i.e. Cloud constantly attempts to get to Aerith. Tifa is constantly trying to stop him, he goes nuts and kills her...

Lame, I know, but anything can happen in a sequel. It's just a case of them getting it right.

Rubicant

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #18 on: 2003-01-06 15:33:16 »
We shall see..that's all. But, maybe I should refresh to you what sequel means:

1.   Something that follows; a continuation.
2.   A literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative continues that of a preexisting work.
3.   A result or consequence.

I don't think a standard sequel makes something completely new, but new things are definately welcome.

Since Jenova may have survived, even though the North Crater blew up, there could be room for a return of Jenova. The ending cinematic kind of suggests that Cloud becomes free of Jenova, so I doubt that he could be the enemy in that sequel. Who knows...we shall see IF the sequel starts to be made.

Another thing: Why does everyone call her "Aerith"? I thought she was Aeris, not Aerith. Maybe you would say her name like "Aerith" if you had a lisp, or something. What is up with that?

Galadyn

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #19 on: 2003-01-06 16:26:29 »
Japanese version - her name was Aerith.

American version - her name was Aeris.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII-2??
« Reply #20 on: 2003-01-07 00:28:16 »
In the Japanese version, Aeris' name is spelled (in katakana) EARISU. This would normally be translated as "Aeris", but the Japanese crew used the "th" representation. Possibly to be consistent, as Sephiroth is spelled SEFIROSU.

Anyway, Aerith is probably the current "official" English spelling (as used in Kingdom Hearts).

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
FFVII-2??
« Reply #21 on: 2003-01-07 00:36:19 »
Prolly just giving in to the fans :p

Giffen1

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/x_dud/
FFVII-2??
« Reply #22 on: 2003-01-16 17:55:08 »
i definitely think a sequel would b great...i mean..think of all the possibilities....Storywise...i'm sure Square will think something up...they always do...i mean c'mon it's Squaresoft we're talkin about here..

Xenogears, Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, FF series (except FFVIII and that gawdawful movie)...flawless.

Graphics : hopefully improved...and new character designs/costumes/hairstyles (FFX-2 anyone?) if they intend to use the original cast...which i hope they do...WOW!!

can't wait for that...a remake of the best RPG of all time (for me anyway)