Author Topic: Yet another new FF7 game  (Read 5959 times)

Zack

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« on: 2005-03-08 11:14:54 »

Tifa Lockheart

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-08 12:22:02 »
I can't access the page...what will it be compatible with?

Chesso

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-08 12:25:32 »
They are *REALLY!* sqeezing the crap out of this franchise eh.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-08 15:40:51 »
mmmmmmmmmmmm not bad, finally they starting working on FF7 stuff

and i just noticed they are working on Musashi: Mobile Samurai. it been a long time since i play Musashi: Brave Fencer. Sigh. miss that game.  :weep:

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #4 on: 2005-03-08 16:30:39 »
Quote from: Chesso
They are *REALLY!* sqeezing the crap out of this franchise eh.

C'mon, that's overdoing it. Squeezing crap by just porting the same thing but to another system? That's what many want with other SE things. I personally think it's a nice idea to have a piece of FFVII nearby. If they made a whole new-great-graphics-Ps2 game out of this part, then this would be squeezing crap. But this? Naah, just a little fun for FF fans. No news on mobile type though.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #5 on: 2005-03-08 20:20:40 »
You act like them squeezing the crap out of it is such a bad idea...

So you love the game, but would rather not see it anywhere else? Usually when you like things, you want more of it.

And of course, when Square gives the people what they want, they're viewed as greedy savages only looking to make a buck (which, yes, that probally was in their mind, but whats wrong with that? You get what you want, they get what they want, end of transaction).

Build it, and they will piss on it. -_-

BUT

I will agree (and I think I've said this before), that this little Vincent 3rd person shooter thing is just a little farfetched, and I honestly doubt it will play good/do good. Usually when you take a franchise and switch genres, it gets ugly.

I.E.: Tekken switching to action/adventure with Death by Degrees, Mortal Kombat switching to action/adventure, Virtua Fighter switching to action/adventure/rpg (Who see's a pattern?  :P ), Sonic with racing/pinball (though I did enjoy that pinball game, not alot of people did), Resident Evil with 1st person shooter/1st person adventure.

Seldomly do you have a case of franchises diving into other genres and being sucessful. All I can think of is Mario with the endless sucessful crossovers, such as Mario Kart.

So, you can see that history doesnt favor this game.

Chesso

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #6 on: 2005-03-08 22:25:31 »
Woops let me correct myself i meant it would seem they are starting to.

Tifa Lockheart

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #7 on: 2005-03-09 12:29:50 »
Quote from: Ged
No news on mobile type though.

Too bad. Looks like another waiting game, then. As per usual...

Hybir

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #8 on: 2005-03-10 04:50:25 »
Wonder when they'll make a mobile phone game on the bike sequence

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #9 on: 2005-04-02 20:54:31 »
Quote from: Bunnie-Maru

So you love the game, but would rather not see it anywhere else? Usually when you like things, you want more of it.

And of course, when Square gives the people what they want, they're viewed as greedy savages only looking to make a buck

Square desecrate on the spirit of Final Fantasy with all these spinoffs and sequals.
Those that want more are fools: Square are just breaking tradition, and they are nothing but the bastards for doing it. They wouldn't break this set of traditions because people want it; they'd do it for money, however.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Yet another new FF7 game
« Reply #10 on: 2005-04-03 00:24:18 »
Well for christ's sake, what would you expect? Releasing new games for free? That's not a very good market strategy. Oh no they're breaking tradition by creating sequels, something which every other gaming company has been doing for ages. Heavens forbid trying to repeat the concepts that were actually loved by gamers. Now if they were remaking and squeezing money out of FFIX, you would have a case. This is just giving a lot of people what they've been nagging about for ages (and thus are likely to actually pay for it). For those who don't like it, there's still the option of not buying them, so I really don't see a problem here. From what I've seen, it's not like the new FF7 games/movies are bad[/b] or mess up the storyline; isn't that what we should be judging them on, instead of some obscure concept of purist tradition?