Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501759 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #350 on: 2009-08-08 01:21:42 »
Sure Luis Aviles, here you have:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KPRX7FYA
You may also be interseted in an old model I never released:

Both models were never tested (not by me, at least) and their size could be wrong. Also notice that the boy is not complete. The shirt should have some picture on.

obesebear, I think it should work fine now. Redownload and try again.

Garland_Ilferet

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009-08-08 02:12:07 »
emm... the model won't crashes anymore, if i patch it in kimera, right?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009-08-08 09:37:44 »
It shouldn't.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2009-08-08 19:29:20 »
Thanks! It does work..... the first time.

It will save the model, but once I try to reopen it I get the error "Tex error 9 opening cwae" followed by "error reading aa file cwaa".   The model will still open after those errors, but will no longer save the model.  Of course the model I'm using is pretty messed up...

I tried opening the original cwaa and it doesn't beep at me, and I can modify and save the model no problem.  When I open it again, it beeps, but the alterations were saved, and it allows me to save again. 

I will try again later to see if I can try to create a new model without any hiccups.   But I think you fixed it  :-D

Out of curiosity, what was wrong?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2009-08-08 22:31:55 »
One of those absurd errors... I was trying to get a frame from a weapon animation out of a model that has no weapons. :roll:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009-08-09 03:03:17 »
for custom animations... does it matter how many frames they are? or should they be kept to the same number of frames per anim?

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2009-08-09 04:02:39 »
doesnt matter you can make em as large as you wish or as small if need be

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2009-08-09 09:23:13 »
I would like to report something that concerned me while I was playing around with Kimera today.  I'm sorry if this already came up at any point in the past, but...

I was modding the char.lgp, or more specifically, I was going to mod "fzcc.hrc" (that's the Dragon King guy from the play at the event square during the date scene).  I have no mods installed that affect the char.lgp, by the way.  Anyway, I try to open "fzcc.hrc" and I get an error message:

Error opening "aiae.a".  So I click OK and I instantaneously get another error message.  Error opening "apdb.a".  I click OK again.  The next error message was about "aqce.a".  The next was "azba.a".  The next "btbb.a".  The one after that, "bugc.a"...

The process went on and on.  I clicked through 58 error messages in total.  Yes, I counted them.  Anyway, it loaded normally after all that, but I can't help wondering... is everything okay?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009-08-09 18:10:39 »
Borde, is there any hope of you or someone else fixing the Sephiroth model glitch here >

Really would be good if something could be done about it....

:(

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009-08-09 18:14:21 »
I *think* thats because of the way that the graphics driver loads the transparent models, something like it renders it they opposite way around.... or something like that :? :-P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009-08-09 18:27:34 »
I *think* thats because of the way that the graphics driver loads the transparent models, something like it renders it they opposite way around.... or something like that :? :-P

Yeah aali told me it is due to the order it is drawn in transparent mode....

I don't know what can be done about it, but something I am sure :P  That pic was taken before aali supported transparency properly and hence they are solid :)

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009-08-09 18:46:24 »
The depth buffer is disabled for semi-transparent objects, instead a simple z-sort is applied before drawing. It may be that this z-sort doesn't actually do anything and in that case you may be able to move around parts in the .hrc file to get the hair to draw before everything else.

If the z-sort does work and does determine that the hair should be drawn last, you'll have to either move the whole thing further back or move some of the vertices that skew the z-sort result.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009-08-09 18:59:10 »
That's just what I was thinkng hahahaha

*joking*

Nice one aali :)  Hopefully some one will sort this out.  Wish I could help more with this type of thing.

sladevi

« Reply #363 on: 2009-08-10 19:03:02 »
-Adding Animations: Well, ok, shouldn't be a problem. I don't know if the game will like that change, though.

Regarding this, I've been playing around with adding in some of Sephiroth's missing animations, so I figured I'd share what I learned -- I'm sure you, Borde, know a lot or all of this already but I'll start at the beginning in case others want to know.

I used a hex editor to modify the **da file, specifically sada.  This great guide is very helpful for understanding the format: http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Battle/Battle_Animation_(PC)

First off, animations appear to come in pairs.  For some reason there is the body animation and then the weapon animation.  The body animations all come first, then the weapon animations all follow.  You can differentiate between body and weapon animations by the bone count in the first DWORD of the FF7FrameHeader.

The index of the animation determines how it is used in battle, for example animation 9 is "use item" -- meaning the 10th animation in the file is the body animation for using an item and the 10th weapon animation corresponds to that (indices start at 0).

So if an animation is missing, there is a place holder in that position, signified by a dwChunkSize < 11 (usually 4).  Both the body animation and the corresponding weapon animation have place holders.

So for example, Sephiroth is missing animation 15 (hit by attacker), so I copied over animation 5 (missed by attacker).  To be precise, I copied the entire 6th animation over the 16 byte place-holder at the 16th animation slot, and did the same for the weapon animations.  Kimera liked the file so I tested it in game and it worked.

One thing I'd like to investigate further: Sephiroth is missing both animation 9 (use item) and animation 15 (hit by attacker).  When you are playing as Sephiroth and use an item, he is lying on the ground for a second while it plays the missing "use item" animation -- this makes sense because Nibelheim Sephiroth never uses items.  However, if I remember correctly, even Nibelheim Sephiroth gets hit sometimes and just doesn't animate at all -- he definitely doesn't lie on the ground.  I wonder if this difference is encoded in the unknown DWORD of the placeholder.

Another thing that is strange to note is that Sephiroth's death animation (6?) was the same as his "start to cast" animation for some reason.  I just changed that out to a placeholder and it sufficed to put him on the ground at least.

Anyway, long story short, this would be a very handy addition to Kimera for those who want to play as a character who wasn't designed to be played and thus is missing some animations.  If Kimera could copy an animation over an existing one or in to a missing animation slot, it would be very useful.  Creating a new animation instead of copying one would probably also be useful to some, but is much more work than just copying an existing one and possibly tweaking it to fit the new animation.

Here is where it gets tricky though...  Sephiroth has no animations beyond animation 30 -- all the body animations are just place-holders after that, which is fine.  The weapon animations on the other hand, don't even have the place-holders -- they just end at 30 (meaning there are 31 total).  I was trying to add in animation 31 (deathblow).  I overwrote the placeholder for body animation 31 like usual, added on the new weapon animation at the end of the file, and incremented the file's total animation count at the beginning.  Kimera didn't load in the new weapon animation though, so I poked around the saaa file and found the number 31 there.  I incremented that to 32 and Kimera successfully loaded the file and animation 31 looks good, BUT in game it doesn't appear to have an effect.  So it appears I am missing something else here and don't yet know how to add a new animation on the end.

Whew, sorry for such a long post...hopefully it is helpful to someone...  Thanks, Borde, for your great tool, and I hope we'll see this new feature at some point in the future =)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009-08-10 19:20:21 »
Well Shadowseer, that's certainly strange you're getting all those error. I tried loading that model right now (from a folder containing the whole char.lgp extracted) and it loaded silently. Are you sure you've got the lastest version?

As for the transparecies problem, I think the Z-sorting is simply broken. It already had some glitches even when using the original models).

As for your comments sladevi, thanks. I already knew most of what you posted, but it's interesting to know that the "special animations" can be seen as placeholders. As for the weapon animations, your guess is right, there are separate counters for body and weapon animations. It's strange the game doesn't load new weapon animations though.

sladevi

« Reply #365 on: 2009-08-10 20:07:55 »
Anyway, I try to open "fzcc.hrc" and I get an error message:

Error opening "aiae.a".  So I click OK and I instantaneously get another error message.  Error opening "apdb.a".  I click OK again.  The next error message was about "aqce.a".  The next was "azba.a".  The next "btbb.a".  The one after that, "bugc.a"...

Maybe there was some hiccup when extracting the files from char.lgp... Did you check to make sure those files it reported errors on actual exist in the right locations?

« Reply #366 on: 2009-08-10 20:11:22 »
Does Kimera support vertex editing.
Because, that would save me the trouble of taking the models into MAX.
Just wondering.
 :wink:

Because if it does...
I may be utterly blind.
O.O

*edit*

i am not sure if this is the right place to ask... but..
when i pull the char models from the char. LGP (PRP/ NPC RP)
Many of the models are missing textures.. such as their face, or is zack's case his belt.
I do not know what is causing this.. cause a lot of the models also HAVE their  textures..

it puzzles me, because the textures just up and disappear..
I can't find them with the new kimera either...

« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 20:32:24 by Makubex »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2009-08-11 00:21:10 »
Borde, I found a problem again  :-(  But don't worry!! This time I know what's causing it  :-D

Kimera .9a works fine opening all the different parts to the model I made, and will save just fine initially.  The problem comes once I try to save it again.  Kimera decided to make as many texture files as it could with that first save.  So instead of all my parts using the first TEX ID-CWAC, CWAD-CWAL end up being created by Kimera. 

THAT is the reason why I can only save once and get errors opening up my changed model.  If I delete CWAD-CWAL I can once again open and save my model without any problems.

I set every file's Texture ID to 0 in PCreator so I don't know why Kimera thinks I need 9 others...

EDIT
The TRUE problem is that in PCreator I set CWAA's number of textures to 10.  By setting it to 1 those fake files are no longer created.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-11 00:33:28 by obesebear »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2009-08-11 04:14:58 »
Well Shadowseer, that's certainly strange you're getting all those error. I tried loading that model right now (from a folder containing the whole char.lgp extracted) and it loaded silently. Are you sure you've got the lastest version?

Wow, I thought that I did... but I didn't.

That file loads silently now, thanks!

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2009-08-11 11:46:28 »
Makubex, yes, Kimera can move vertices. In order to do so, you must click on the button with a hand on it (in the P editor window). Keep in mind that the mouse button you click with will be assigned to that function. As for the textures problems they could be caused by some bug on the RSB parsing routine. Could you point me to some of the problematic HRC files?

By the way, I found some Memory copy problem that can cause the program to crash when loading textures. I'll have to take a closer look at that.

sladevi

« Reply #370 on: 2009-08-11 17:36:03 »
Is there a way to link bones together in Kimera?  Or at least to move multiple bones at the same time, in the same way?  For example to move the whole arm instead of having to move the upper arm, lower arm, and hand all separately.

« Reply #371 on: 2009-08-11 19:35:01 »
Makubex, yes, Kimera can move vertices. In order to do so, you must click on the button with a hand on it (in the P editor window). Keep in mind that the mouse button you click with will be assigned to that function. As for the textures problems they could be caused by some bug on the RSB parsing routine. Could you point me to some of the problematic HRC files?

By the way, I found some Memory copy problem that can cause the program to crash when loading textures. I'll have to take a closer look at that.

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss295/Wildsai/redXIII.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss295/Wildsai/Shera.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss295/Wildsai/Zack.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss295/Wildsai/Reeve.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss295/Wildsai/barretchibi.jpg
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss295/Wildsai/wedge.jpg

and this one i just like...

These are all the models i had a texture issue with....

Thanks.
 :wink:

*edit*

okay i have figured out how to edit the verteces....
but is there a way to do more than one at a time.. because it is quite difficult to get a "full" affect
when you are trying to make a proportional chibi into a chibi..
xD

And sorry for all the...
"questions"

but is there and undo feature.. cause i can't seem to find it..
(hates being so newbish)

the funny thing is... i can do all this in MAX..
and kimera is hard...
i find something wrong with that picture
:P

xD
« Last Edit: 2009-08-11 20:06:35 by Makubex »

sladevi

« Reply #372 on: 2009-08-12 05:03:29 »
I have a question about how field animations are used if anyone knows.  It seems clear that aafe.a is Cloud's standing animation, aaff.a is Cloud's walking animation and aaga.a is Cloud's running animation.  However, I made changes to aafe and aaff and it appears that only the changes in aaff had an effect -- The standing animation doesn't appear to have changed at all -- though it looks very different in Kimera.

Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2009-08-12 08:46:17 »
cloud has more animations then anyone else in the feild because of the fact he is in almost every scene of the game so
cloud has more then one standing animation is what im getting at

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2009-08-12 16:29:36 »
Sorry Makubex, but that's not how those models look here. Could you send me one of them? As for the Undo, nop, there isn't yet. I'm working on it. And about the vertex movement, it's made to move just one of them at a time. But seeing what you've been doing, you might be interested on giving a try to the Slim/Fat buttons.

As for your questions about the animation saldevi, sorry, the edition capabilities are very limited. There is no constrains support, no IK ... nothing. Just plain values edition. I've got a few improvements planned, but nothing too fancy really.