Author Topic: STICKY: FF7 Crash Play-Through Requests  (Read 107468 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: STICKY: FF7 Crash Play-Through Requests
« Reply #50 on: 2008-08-03 18:58:24 »
The corrupted FMV (that's why it's crashing) can be skipped using YAMP version of Gypt (link) - test how it works on some easily accessible FMV (like Eidos logo FMV). As for the crash in Junon (yes, you'll get that too) - just make sure that the avi splitter is disabled (link). Of course I'd advise you to test this one too (the Gaea's cliff FMV should be ok for testing purposes).

wankingprincess

« Reply #51 on: 2008-08-04 07:43:55 »
i followed the instructions on the avi splitter and disabled the avi splitter (gabest) thing through the klite codec pack, ran ff7 and tested it at gaea's cliff but i STILL crashed ._.
Code: [Select]
@echo off

rem |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|
rem |-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Gypt Instant -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|
rem |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= by dziugo =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|
rem |-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= [email protected] -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|
rem |=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|

rem ====================================================================================================
rem ================================== Configure these if you need to ==================================
rem ====================================================================================================

rem ========================================= Hotkey: Skip FMV =========================================
set skip=83

rem ====================================== Hotkey: Turn Lights On ======================================
set lights=68

rem ======================================= Hotkey: Quit Dialog ========================================
set quit=81

rem ==================  Don't touch anything below unless you know what you're doing!! =================

echo %1 -patch %2 -in %3 -out %4 -fulldebug 1 -nopause -skip %skip% -lights %lights% -quit %quit%
i then dled yamp's gypt and put the "patches" folder into my main ff7 directory and tried running ff7 with this code but yeah i kept hitting ctrl-s at the same time when the gaea's cliff video appeared but nothing happened

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #52 on: 2008-08-04 08:19:05 »
Nothing happened because it won't properly skip that FMV... It should work with the Weapons FMV, and I told you to test it with Eidos logo FMV. As for the splitter, uninstall K-Lite and see what happens.

wankingprincess

« Reply #53 on: 2008-08-04 10:56:19 »
sorry!!but er the beginning eidos logo fmv is programmed to fade out whenever any key is touched isnt it?i pressed ctrl-s and all it did was fade out.i uninstalled k-lite, ran ff7 and got all the way to the bit where the highwind escapes from whirlwind maze then it crashed again i kept pressing ctrl-s but nothing happened

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008-08-04 11:26:52 »
It will fade out if the Gypt is not installed. If the Gypt is installed, it will immediately skip to the next FMV (Squaresoft logo). I told you to test it on some easily accessible FMV, so you don't have to play 5 minutes skipping all the dialogs to get it crashed on you again, becuase something went wrong while installing. What about the Gaea's cliff FMV after the K-Lite was uninstalled? Because if it still doesn't work, you'll get a crash again when the Weapon attacks Junon.

wankingprincess

« Reply #55 on: 2008-08-04 11:36:16 »
but i have gypt on a "patches" folder in my ff7 directory...uhm the gaea's cliff bit still doesnt work either

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008-08-04 12:08:13 »
Consult the tutorial in the YAMP's thread. If there were any problems installing it, check and see how you can fix it. Usually, the problem is that the user is running Vista, and didn't run the install.bat with admin priviledges. As for the codec problem, something is still interfering with FF7 - uninstall all the codecs, get it all to work and then install some tested codec pack (CCCP is known to be working fine) or just the codecs you need, one by one.

If a mod is reading this, a split might be a good idea :)

wankingprincess

« Reply #57 on: 2008-08-04 12:28:12 »
sorrysorry er i directly dled YAMP's gypt from the link given and i unzipped it with winrar and just plugged it into my ff7 directory so i didnt run install.bat at all.er how do i uninstall all the codecs and will that screw around with my com?my teacher will kill me if all my papers disappear  :oops:

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008-08-04 12:35:18 »
You can uninstall them using the "Add / Remove Programs" (WinXP) or "Programs & functions" (Vista) utility in Control Panel. It's up to you if you want to try that option though.

Kinneas

« Reply #59 on: 2008-08-05 08:07:58 »
So am I right to assume that from all the posts I've read, a whole bunch of videos crash the game?

I see:
-Date scene (which is crashing mine right now)
-Cliffs part
-various parts of the weapon attack

Any others?  Is there really a point in playing this game all the way through if I'm just going to be skipping some of the best parts? Also, my videos seem to go much faster and therefore don't sync with audio. Am I right to assume that's happening to everyone else too?

I should mention that although I have a copy of the game, I downloaded a different version hoping it'd help some issues. I don't know if it's the "ultima edition" or something but it was 1.3gigs and doesn't require any CDs.  Therefore my scratched up CDs aren't affecting playback of FMVs.  1.02 patch installed.   I can assure you that yes I own my own copy. Proof if people are upset that I'm pirating an awesome game can be provided =).  And the FMV files are all there and as the originals. This seems to just be a no CD install where the registry is modified to view FMVs from the one folder and not the CDs. These same bugs were occuring with my CD install of the game, yesterday. The game works fine in software mode. The only issues have been the Date scene and the cosmo canyon scene.

Thanks

« Last Edit: 2008-08-05 08:19:56 by Kinneas »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008-08-05 08:54:19 »
Where did you download this version of your game from?  It doesn't sound like Ultima to me.  It seems a bit too big.
Anyway, no proof should be needed.  Chances are, if you have 1.02 installed, it's your own copy :-)

And of course there's a point to playing it, it's bloody awesome!! :lol:

I think it may also crash at Cosmo Canyon as well though.  I don't know presonally, because thankfully, I never had this happen to me...

Kinneas

« Reply #61 on: 2008-08-05 09:11:33 »
UPDATE: I've removed my request because I think I've figured out a fix. This worked for me for both the Gold Saucer date and the cosmo canyon boogen contratpion. I just kept alt tabbing in and out.. especially at the parts where I knew it was about to crash. Somehow managed to keep the game moving and not stall.
« Last Edit: 2008-08-05 20:19:51 by Kinneas »

Yeshee

« Reply #62 on: 2008-08-29 05:07:19 »
Hi, guys!

Anyone can help me?
I stuck in cosmo canyon with video. I used gypt and new codecs but it doesn't helps.
Very big thanks!

--
Sorry! I can do it with gypt!
« Last Edit: 2008-08-29 11:27:36 by Yeshee »

Dimebag

« Reply #63 on: 2008-09-17 21:19:36 »
Hi, I need help in cosmo canyon I cant get psat the shooting star video
here is my save
http://rapidshare.com/files/146144446/save00.ff7.html

Thanks

mattman154

« Reply #64 on: 2008-09-20 01:00:21 »
Can someone play me through this series of videos? any save point in cosmo canyon is okay with me as long as its after the solarium vids http://www.sendspace.com/file/mp2uga

Luceneion

« Reply #65 on: 2008-09-21 10:06:57 »
Hi. My game is stuck on disk 2 at the Forgotten Capital. (The scene with the ancient key) It crashes and locks up attempting to enter the waterfall. I've tried several different emulators and it cannot play past the waterfall scene. I own 3 physical copies of FF7 for the PS1 but like playing the emulator version on PC better. If anyone can get past the video scene of the waterfall for me it would be much appreciated.

My memory card save is located here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/rnq8xi - if you can fix it -- please post a link with the new save and new memory card file on sendspace so I can download it. I can't continue until I can skip past this video scene. Thanks a lot to anyone who can help :)

orenishii

« Reply #66 on: 2008-09-24 15:36:59 »
please help.. my game crashes at the waterfall scene in forgotten capital... can anyone help me? thanks :D

savegame is at: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2wmd5e

please help me :)
[email protected]
« Last Edit: 2008-09-24 15:42:29 by orenishii »

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008-09-25 14:37:28 »
orenishii try my suggestion in this post...
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7876.0

PM me if don't work and i'll pass through for you... i cant do it atm

c ya

jaul

« Reply #68 on: 2008-10-02 17:32:17 »
Thanks NFITC1 for helping me get past the train your a life saver!
« Last Edit: 2008-10-03 03:02:10 by jaul »

ChaosAngel

« Reply #69 on: 2008-10-03 10:12:11 »
i have a completely different problem. my game doesn't "crash". "freezes ever 10 minutes" would be a more accurate description. i cant get anything done. does anyone know how to fix it?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #70 on: 2008-10-04 05:21:18 »
i have a completely different problem. my game doesn't "crash". "freezes ever 10 minutes" would be a more accurate description. i cant get anything done. does anyone know how to fix it?
This might be a stupid question since I don't like assuming people don't know what they're doing, but is your screensaver on, set to go off after being 10 minutes of idle, and are you playing with a joystick? For some genius reason known only to the developers at Microsoft, the joystick input doesn't count as "not idle"

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008-10-04 20:14:30 »
Which is why my first port of call when installing/reinstalling an OS is to disable Screen savers asap.
Did it work by the way?  I'm curious to hear the answer to this. :-)

evildragon44

« Reply #72 on: 2008-10-06 12:39:55 »
Hello, i hope you will be able to help me. I don't want to stop this awsome game.

i have a freeze with the date with tifa in Gold saucer. I have tried to use gypt but it doesn't skip the date, just the cinematique. I don't know anymore solutions so...

Can someone make me pass the date?

Here the save : http://evildragon44.club.fr/save00.ff7 It's the first slot.
And my E-mail  : [email protected]

Thanks to the guy who will help me!

jtoipa

« Reply #73 on: 2008-10-15 14:12:37 »
can someone please get me through the waterfall? please, save ASAP because i only want you to play this scene!
savegame: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x40i3n

thank you

tehmicheal84

« Reply #74 on: 2008-10-19 11:34:38 »
Crash at the Junon Weapon's attack..tried gypt, gyptNEW, disable avi splitter but to no avail..
so,last choice is to get some1 help toplay thru..here's my save file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/155472956/save00.ff7.html

and my e-mail:

[email protected]

Thanks in advance for those who help..  :)