Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837825 times)

demos1085

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8625 on: 2019-10-07 02:14:39 »
Hello Sega Chief, Thanks for your answer.

I too would like to see more of Aerith as I,m a fan of hers, I think that the way she is incorporated in the story is already pretty clever, (she thinks that the Holy invocation failed, so we still have a reason to do the quest with Bugenhagen (Red's granpa) in the city of ancients to understand what really happened) so maybe one way to inolve her more would be to have her become a little depressed after the Sephyroth "incident", because she thinks she failed to summon Holy and in doing so failed her duty / destiny has a Cetra, and them have her recover her confidence when Bugenhagen shows her that her prayers were indeed answered, also maybe give her some more interactions with the other members of the party, especially Cloud and Tifa

Also she should have some reaction to watching the videos of her parents in the Icicle town as they would be very personal to her, and finally give her some more weapons after the princess guard (in the original game the princess guard is found in the temple of the ancients and is literally the last weapon of the staff category) so she has more or less the same amount as the other characters, her ultimate weapon could be change to something like "Queen's guard" or "Empress guard" or "Sorceress guard" (ffviii reference  8))

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: 2019-10-07 09:51:44 »
Thank you very much for the response!

When the final/next version comes out, will I be able to carry my save over for NG+?

If I set up something that fully resets the game state, then could do that yeah.

Very accurate (I actually got my gold chocobo on a previous NT version--that didn't have the trade active--the hard way right after getting Cloud back)--I guess I personally think it's worth making players work for, especially since the materia bosses are a bit easier with the rebalancing.

Maybe a good trade-off would be to place the guide book with a different enemy at a later point? Maybe even an early enemy in the Northern Crater? Like the gargoyles? Or morphing one of those nightmare monsters on the Gelnika (which are much more deadly than the Ghost Ship)?

That way players can still eventually skip the chocobo breeding/racing if they want but they can't get the extra special materia until endgame or after a particularly difficult fight. BUT if they want to put in the work they can still access the materia caves the normal way after they get Cloud back.

The thing with moving it is that people then don't know where to find it, but I'll think about it. If Ghost Ship appeared in the Crater then that could be an option.

Hello Sega Chief, Thanks for your answer.

I too would like to see more of Aerith as I,m a fan of hers, I think that the way she is incorporated in the story is already pretty clever, (she thinks that the Holy invocation failed, so we still have a reason to do the quest with Bugenhagen (Red's granpa) in the city of ancients to understand what really happened) so maybe one way to inolve her more would be to have her become a little depressed after the Sephyroth "incident", because she thinks she failed to summon Holy and in doing so failed her duty / destiny has a Cetra, and them have her recover her confidence when Bugenhagen shows her that her prayers were indeed answered, also maybe give her some more interactions with the other members of the party, especially Cloud and Tifa

Also she should have some reaction to watching the videos of her parents in the Icicle town as they would be very personal to her, and finally give her some more weapons after the princess guard (in the original game the princess guard is found in the temple of the ancients and is literally the last weapon of the staff category) so she has more or less the same amount as the other characters, her ultimate weapon could be change to something like "Queen's guard" or "Empress guard" or "Sorceress guard" (ffviii reference  8))

I suppose that would make sense. I haven't really thought about it yet; my main concern is making it gel. In my mind, story-wise, she shouldn't be there at all so it'll be a tough one.

Weapons are tough, as they occupy a very tight struct in the kernel. Items by comparison have a lot of free spaces but Weapons, Armour, and Accessories are 'fully booked' in a sense. What I could try doing is siphoning off a weapon from Cid or someone that has more than the usual amount. I think characters do have a model slot for weapons of higher IDs, but they just have a default weapon model so if I change that and the weapon swap is of the correct ID then it should work.

littleblueboxes

• View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: 2019-10-07 18:03:21 »
"Where could she have gone?"

Holy crap dude, that took me a few seconds to figure out and I got a MIGHTY case of the shivers. Well done, this part of NT is exceptional.

While I appreciate the added humour to the game I wish all the loyalty mission type stuff could be this in-depth. Like Cid and Aeris' for example seemed a little throw-away... but this really took me off guard. Great writing job.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: 2019-10-08 01:19:27 »
Hello everyone, so during the day I keep thinking about the idea of giving Aerith more participation after saving her from her fate, and I came up with a little scene between her and Tifa:
This scene takes place in the Icicle Inn town, after watching the tapes of Aerith´s parents, she asks the party to stay in the town for the night so she could process what she just learned, during the night Tifa visits Aerith in her room, and the following conversation occurs:
Tifa: Aerith, forgive for being blunt, but I just need to know, ¿why did you left us behind? ¿why did you decided to go to the City of the Ancients all by yourself? that was incredibly dangerous! I mean damn, you almost got yourself murdered by Sephiroth.
Aerith: You don´t understand, I didn´t left because I wanted to, I did it because I had to, because only a Cetra could unlock Holy, and I am the last Cetra… my mother is dead, all my people are dead… I am all alone.
Tifa: Aerith, you are a Cetra, that much is true, but you are also a human, your dad was a human, the woman that raised you was a human, Cloud, Barret, and me, we are all humans, and we are all your friends, we all care for you, you are not alone! You never were.
Aerith: I… I am sorry… (Aerith begins to cry a little, Tifa hugs her in comfort)
Tifa: It´s ok, it´s ok, just remember we are all here for you, you don’t have to save the world by yourself.
Aerith: …You are right…. Because we are going to save this world together!

…Well, so what do you guys think? too cheesy? Sorry, the scene just keeps playing in my head and I needed to share it. ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: 2019-10-08 08:30:15 »
"Where could she have gone?"

Holy crap dude, that took me a few seconds to figure out and I got a MIGHTY case of the shivers. Well done, this part of NT is exceptional.

While I appreciate the added humour to the game I wish all the loyalty mission type stuff could be this in-depth. Like Cid and Aeris' for example seemed a little throw-away... but this really took me off guard. Great writing job.

I had to do a flevel search to find out who you meant  ;D ; if I committed to the whole thing then maybe it could have worked but I lost faith in it halfway through.

Hello everyone, so during the day I keep thinking about the idea of giving Aerith more participation after saving her from her fate, and I came up with a little scene between her and Tifa:
This scene takes place in the Icicle Inn town, after watching the tapes of Aerith´s parents, she asks the party to stay in the town for the night so she could process what she just learned, during the night Tifa visits Aerith in her room, and the following conversation occurs:
Tifa: Aerith, forgive for being blunt, but I just need to know, ¿why did you left us behind? ¿why did you decided to go to the City of the Ancients all by yourself? that was incredibly dangerous! I mean damn, you almost got yourself murdered by Sephiroth.
Aerith: You don´t understand, I didn´t left because I wanted to, I did it because I had to, because only a Cetra could unlock Holy, and I am the last Cetra… my mother is dead, all my people are dead… I am all alone.
Tifa: Aerith, you are a Cetra, that much is true, but you are also a human, your dad was a human, the woman that raised you was a human, Cloud, Barret, and me, we are all humans, and we are all your friends, we all care for you, you are not alone! You never were.
Aerith: I… I am sorry… (Aerith begins to cry a little, Tifa hugs her in comfort)
Tifa: It´s ok, it´s ok, just remember we are all here for you, you don’t have to save the world by yourself.
Aerith: …You are right…. Because we are going to save this world together!

…Well, so what do you guys think? too cheesy? Sorry, the scene just keeps playing in my head and I needed to share it. ;D

Dialogue needs to match the character, and it needs to match the way the rest of the dialog sounds. Tifa wouldn't say 'I mean damn,' for instance. You can also do a lot more with a lot less (some of the dialogue I added originally to the exposition scenes like Ghost Hotel, the Hatchery, and the Highwind operation room got far too verbose for their own good and it ruins it a bit) and it's also always important to try and leave as small a footprint as possible when altering a pre-existing piece of work. If I go too far then it'll feel like I'm interfering with the player's experience too much.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: 2019-10-09 00:15:27 »
Thanks for your answer Sega Chief.

I agreed completely, proper characterization is the backbone of a good history, I actually tried to base the dialogue in the cannon characters of the girls, Tifa is in my opinion the more caring of the group, that is why I chose her for that scene (I think Cloud could work there too, but I wanted the scene to be about “friendship” and making it with Cloud could make it look like it is about “romance”), also it is true Tifa does not swear a lot like Barret or Cid, but I think I remember her using some harsh language when stressed or angry , the “damn” in the middle of the sentence was supposed to convey that she was angry at Aerith for being reckless, also at that point Aerith have been through a lot, she got stabbed, Holy apparently failed and she just listened to a record of her dad being shot dead, that is why she is sad and crying, even though she is usually pretty cheerful. Of course all this is only my point of view as character and dialog interpretation are pretty subjective, I only wanted to add my two cents in case you decide to continue with the idea of giving Aerith more prominence in the late game.

Also I wanted to congratulate you for the great work you did with the rewriting of the script, I started a new game without any mods and the difference is very notable, I just realize how many of the lines of the original scrip are awkwardly written, are difficult to understand or are just plain nonsense, your scrip is easily ten times better than the original.   

Jvc21

• View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: 2019-10-12 14:43:28 »
Howdy! Long time lurker, and enjoying NT in all it's glory!

Having a bit of an issue when loading it with 7th Heaven. I've done the uninstall/install thing over on the steam version. Imported the IRO file into 7th Heaven, attempt to launch a new game, but NT won't load.

Checking the profile only with NT running, I get a version number, but not a (gameplay = 1) like some of the other profiles on this page which makes me believe NT isn't being activated. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for all you do!

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: 2019-10-13 02:41:53 »
Hello just checking in and seeing if a version for Playstation has been thought of anymore. I’d really like to play it on my Raspberrypi

Scp121

• View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: 2019-10-13 07:09:49 »
I've been trying for about an hour now to steal an item from the crater dragon(s) for the ultimate weapons. With steal and mug, and added steal, and four encounters now, I've not been able to swipe the item I need. I seem to have this problem on the iron golem as well. Am I bugged, or is the steal rate just absurdly low? If it's the latter, assuming I'm 99, is there anything I can do to up the rate?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: 2019-10-13 12:00:52 »
Howdy! Long time lurker, and enjoying NT in all it's glory!

Having a bit of an issue when loading it with 7th Heaven. I've done the uninstall/install thing over on the steam version. Imported the IRO file into 7th Heaven, attempt to launch a new game, but NT won't load.

Checking the profile only with NT running, I get a version number, but not a (gameplay = 1) like some of the other profiles on this page which makes me believe NT isn't being activated. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for all you do!

Did you follow the 7h tutorial with the game converter? http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

A new install needs to be made (preferably outside of Program Folders as these are protected against the kind of inject/alterations that 7h does at runtime) and this new install has to be the target for 7h (it has to have its exe specified in settings; it'll be ff7.exe, and not ff7_en.exe as that is the Steam version).

Hello just checking in and seeing if a version for Playstation has been thought of anymore. I’d really like to play it on my Raspberrypi

I know a bit more about the playstation version now. A lot would need to be cut out, or altered to get around some of the limitations. Time is just too cramped at the moment though; in addition to FF8 NT, I've got a project in the works for a new tool for FF7 which is fairly far along.

I've been trying for about an hour now to steal an item from the crater dragon(s) for the ultimate weapons. With steal and mug, and added steal, and four encounters now, I've not been able to swipe the item I need. I seem to have this problem on the iron golem as well. Am I bugged, or is the steal rate just absurdly low? If it's the latter, assuming I'm 99, is there anything I can do to up the rate?

There was an oversight with how level is handled in NT which makes it impossible to steal from Crater enemies normally. You'll need a Sneak Glove from Wall Market to get their steals (the guy who sells Batteries on Disc 1 has it).

Jvc21

• View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: 2019-10-13 14:20:04 »
Thanks for the reply. I did do the game converter as said in the instructions. The thing is that all other mods work when downloaded from the catalog. I imported the NT iro file, which doesn’t work. But when I downloaded the remako mod and use only that, it works just fine. I might do a complete reformat and go that route.

Kaito24

• View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: 2019-10-13 15:40:34 »
Hello together,

could it be that 1.5 version massively differs from 1.4 Version?

I finished the 1.4 version a couple of months ago and now installed 1.5, however it seems like literally every stat on the materia system was changed and seems pretty unbalanced. Take Haste for example, it gives Vitality +3, intellect +3 and HP +3%? There is literally no downside in equipping it, even for a brawler its a must-equip.
Honestly I was so surprised by that drastic change that I thought it was because I applied too many mods.
The buffs and malus were fine in the 1.4 imo. So I'm still not sure if it just me or if these changes really have been made? The changelog mentions a few things, however not that deepgoing

Nonetheless, thanks for this great mod Chief!

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: 2019-10-13 22:31:16 »
Hi Sega Chief and people of the forum. I Just wanted to share an idea I had while playing Final Fantasy 7 (original version without mods).

¿How about a "classic job" mod? I noticed that the characters are too similar when it comes to battle roles, so I think it will be interesting if they had a fixed "job" and only some characters could learn certain spells / skills, like the way it works in Final Fantasy 4 or Final Fantasy 9, that will make you consider your strategy a little more when forming your party, and give you a reason to "train" all your characters (just to see what skills they learn and also to have them ready in case you need their specific role in a specific battle) I guess the most obvious way to do it would be to make the character weapons  come with "fixed" unremovable specific materias, and remove the materia slots from armors, in my opinion the jobs suggested by the canon characterisaction would be: Cloud: Warrior / Knight, Barret: Gunner, Tifa: Monk, Aerith: White Mage / Summoner, Red XIII: Blue Mage, Yuffie: Thief / Ninja, Vincent: Black Mage, Cait Sith: Gambler, Cid: Dragoon.

Also a little request, please keep working in the "vanilla combat" mode, I know it is not as popular as the main project, but I really like it, and it still needs a little more polishing, speacially regarding the changes that were unintentionaly left over from the main mod.

As always thanks for your great work, and hope to read you soon.

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: 2019-10-14 00:18:17 »
Could you release a Reunion R03 compatible version of this mod that removes all dialogue changes during the flashback scene when cloud finds Sephiroth in the basement?  There is a script conflict with Menu Overhaul in Reunion R03 that causes the dialogue to not work.

I don't know if the problem still exists with Reunion R05, as there is no 7th Heaven version and every time I try to install R05 using the .exe installer it breaks my game completely.

I know I can just turn off your mod for that scene, but it would be nice to have a version that is compatible with R03 so I could just play through without issues, and it seems like just removing any changes to that scene would do the trick if possible.

Regards,
Nate

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: 2019-10-14 03:10:31 »
Could you release a Reunion R03 compatible version of this mod that removes all dialogue changes during the flashback scene when cloud finds Sephiroth in the basement?  There is a script conflict with Menu Overhaul in Reunion R03 that causes the dialogue to not work.

I don't know if the problem still exists with Reunion R05, as there is no 7th Heaven version and every time I try to install R05 using the .exe installer it breaks my game completely.

I know I can just turn off your mod for that scene, but it would be nice to have a version that is compatible with R03 so I could just play through without issues, and it seems like just removing any changes to that scene would do the trick if possible.

Regards,
Nate

R03 from the 7H catalog is no longer supported. So any kind of an update regarding it isn't going to happen.

Scp121

• View Profile
« Reply #8640 on: 2019-10-14 03:17:34 »
Thank you again for the swift responses, I'm well on my way for weapon farming!

I did run into another issue, though. In the readme, it states that part of Clouds final weapon is from the Iron Man mob, which according to the Wiki is located past the point of no return. Has he been moved?

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to steal a Max Ray from the Armored Golem, it only gives me a pile banger.

EDIT2: Where the heck is Ruby?
« Last Edit: 2019-10-14 07:55:48 by Scp121 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: 2019-10-14 08:37:47 »
Thanks for the reply. I did do the game converter as said in the instructions. The thing is that all other mods work when downloaded from the catalog. I imported the NT iro file, which doesn’t work. But when I downloaded the remako mod and use only that, it works just fine. I might do a complete reformat and go that route.

I'll check the IRO then, just in case it's been sitting there with vanilla files or something.

Hello together,

could it be that 1.5 version massively differs from 1.4 Version?

I finished the 1.4 version a couple of months ago and now installed 1.5, however it seems like literally every stat on the materia system was changed and seems pretty unbalanced. Take Haste for example, it gives Vitality +3, intellect +3 and HP +3%? There is literally no downside in equipping it, even for a brawler its a must-equip.
Honestly I was so surprised by that drastic change that I thought it was because I applied too many mods.
The buffs and malus were fine in the 1.4 imo. So I'm still not sure if it just me or if these changes really have been made? The changelog mentions a few things, however not that deepgoing

Nonetheless, thanks for this great mod Chief!

I wanted people to make use of status magic so I avoided putting penalties on its Materia in case it put people off it.

Hi Sega Chief and people of the forum. I Just wanted to share an idea I had while playing Final Fantasy 7 (original version without mods).

¿How about a "classic job" mod? I noticed that the characters are too similar when it comes to battle roles, so I think it will be interesting if they had a fixed "job" and only some characters could learn certain spells / skills, like the way it works in Final Fantasy 4 or Final Fantasy 9, that will make you consider your strategy a little more when forming your party, and give you a reason to "train" all your characters (just to see what skills they learn and also to have them ready in case you need their specific role in a specific battle) I guess the most obvious way to do it would be to make the character weapons  come with "fixed" unremovable specific materias, and remove the materia slots from armors, in my opinion the jobs suggested by the canon characterisaction would be: Cloud: Warrior / Knight, Barret: Gunner, Tifa: Monk, Aerith: White Mage / Summoner, Red XIII: Blue Mage, Yuffie: Thief / Ninja, Vincent: Black Mage, Cait Sith: Gambler, Cid: Dragoon.

Also a little request, please keep working in the "vanilla combat" mode, I know it is not as popular as the main project, but I really like it, and it still needs a little more polishing, speacially regarding the changes that were unintentionaly left over from the main mod.

As always thanks for your great work, and hope to read you soon.

Sister Ray might make that possible but unsure. Something could be set up in FF7 as it is now, but it would likely be really hacky and not a proper job-based system. Would have to get inventive with some of the spells by turning some of them into 'abilities, shuffle Limits around, maybe change the Defend command into a character-specific command, stuff like that. Materia can be locked onto a character by placing Materia into a non-slot but can be circumvented with Remove All.

Regards,
Nate

It's not just there, it's in Temple of the Ancients as well during the Mural scene where Tseng gets attacked. I could try porting in a vanilla field file for those screens as I think they're isolated from any custom NT variables, etc.

Thank you again for the swift responses, I'm well on my way for weapon farming!

I did run into another issue, though. In the readme, it states that part of Clouds final weapon is from the Iron Man mob, which according to the Wiki is located past the point of no return. Has he been moved?

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to steal a Max Ray from the Armored Golem, it only gives me a pile banger.

EDIT2: Where the heck is Ruby?

Iron Man can now be found on the left-down path, the last screen of it (the screen where that floating purple materia on the platforms you have to hop over to grab it, where Mega-All originally sat in default game). If Armored Golem's steal is pile banger, then his drop is very likely to be Max Ray; must be the wrong way round in the documentation.

Ruby Weapon pops up after Ultimate Weapon is killed, but the game uses a 'time progression' thing to trigger certain events like that (2nd part of Vincent's cave, chocobo breeding cooldown, etc.) It's advanced by fighting random battles + visiting then leaving a town.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: 2019-10-14 13:01:28 »
As iDerek mentioned, the catalog version is very outdated at this point.  Back in late spring/early summer, I wrote a quick HOWTO on getting R05c to work with a CD installation that needed only minor tweaks to execution order to also work with Steam, but at this point, R06 isn't even a week away, so I wouldn't bother until that hits and we get a chance to see how it interacts with 7H and other tools.

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: 2019-10-15 01:35:35 »
As iDerek mentioned, the catalog version is very outdated at this point.  Back in late spring/early summer, I wrote a quick HOWTO on getting R05c to work with a CD installation that needed only minor tweaks to execution order to also work with Steam, but at this point, R06 isn't even a week away, so I wouldn't bother until that hits and we get a chance to see how it interacts with 7H and other tools.

Wow, thanks for the information.  Hopefully R06 gets an IRO for 7H.  I've basically given up on using any of The Reunion installers.  Every attempt has broken my game and required a complete reinstall.

It's not just there, it's in Temple of the Ancients as well during the Mural scene where Tseng gets attacked. I could try porting in a vanilla field file for those screens as I think they're isolated from any custom NT variables, etc.

That would be really cool.  I think your mod is fantastic other than these couple bugs.  Really makes the game feel fresh again and more fun than ever, yet keeps the integrity of the story and characters very well.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-15 01:37:54 by Blagnarok »

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: 2019-10-15 01:45:11 »
Hi Sega Chief and participants of the forum.
I’m getting close to finish my third play through of Final Fantasy 7, which is kind of funny since I haven’t played this game in literal years  :D, this makes me really appreciate the power that mods have to revive your love for great games of the past.
To the point, I just remembered that Sega Chief mentioned the possibility of expanding Aerith’s role in the history if you decide to save her in the City of the Ancients, and I think there is a couple of good places where she could be given more relevance without harming the overall quality of the history:

1.   The first place would be the “Mental recovery” of Cloud in Mideel, as it happens in the original history this event seems a little too convenient, almost a “Deux Ex Machina”, Tifa has no idea of how to help Cloud recover from his mako poisoning (in fact nobody in the party has any idea about how to help Cloud), Weapon attacks, the earth cracks open and totally by accident both Cloud and Tifa fall into pure life stream, (Something that up to this point in the history has been presented to be something very bad, leading to dead or permanent insanity) and without any explanation Tifa resist all the negative effects of the life stream, somehow enters Cloud’s mind and helps him put back his memories and personality back together.

I think Aerith could help here, instead of making it a happy accident, it could be an intentional calculated risk, when the party visit Cloud and Tifa in Mideel the second time, (After completing the Corel Train Mission) Aerith would tell Tifa that when she visited the City of the Ancients by herself, she listened the thoughts and memories left behind by the Cetra, and she came to understand the nature of the life stream a little better, due to this knowledge she thinks that maybe it could be possible to enter Cloud’s mind and repair it if the three of them enter the life stream together (Aerith because she could control the life stream to a degree, Cloud because she is the one in need of help, and Tifa because she was present during the Nibelheim incident and has the “Real memories” of that event, memories that are the key to repair Cloud´s persona), at this point Tifa will ask Aerith why she didn’t tell her this sooner, an Aerith will admit that is because she is really afraid of trying, as it’s is a very dangerous method and there is no way to know if it will actually work, if she is unable to keep the life stream in control the three of them will become permanently insane with mako poisoning, but after searching her feelings she came to the conclusion that she has to try, because she cares too much for Cloud and for Tifa, to just let Cloud remain an empty husk for the rest of his life, Tifa thanks Aerith for being willing to do this for her friends, and together the three enter a naturally occurring “Mako Hot spring”  that in centuries past was used as “therapy bath” by the people of Mideel, but have been close since the negative effects of Mako in the mind and the body became known. The rest of the event plays out pretty much the same, Tifa manages to repair Cloud s memories and the three friends managed to get out of the mako bath exhausted but alive and well. The only change to the original progression of the story is that the town of Mideel won´t be destroyed by an earthquake, but I don´t think that is too drastic of a change.

2.   The second place would be the Huge Materia missions, in the original history, the party decide to sabotage Shinra´s plan to gather Huge Materia and use it as a bomb to destroy Meteor, they explain that this is because Huge Materia contains ancient knowledge and thus is too valuable to be used as ammo, that is a fair reason enough, but considered how desperate the situation was, it makes our heroes seem a little petty, sabotaging a sincere attempt to save the world (that as far as they know, could have worked), just because they disagreed with the method. 

Aerith could also help here, she could explain to the party that in the Temple of the Ancients, the Cetra spirits explained to her the terrible “true nature” of the Black Materia, meteor is not a simple big rock from outer space, it is a magical construct that will keep advancing and keep repairing itself as long as the one that summoned it keep exerting his will on it, (in fact in the original history even if you left the Huge Materia in the rocket, meteor “repairs” itself immediately after the rocket impacts on it) in fact, there is reason enough to believe that meteor is actually the “seed” of Jenova. This way the heroes have a much more solid motivation to stop Shinra’s plans, they know for a fact that that plan will fail, and will also waste precious resources that the planet will need to heal itself once the meteor crisis has been dealt with.

Well that’s is about it, sorry if it was too long, but what I love most about these Final Fantasy games is how they capture your imagination with their worlds and their histories, anyway, hope you decide to go ahead with the idea of giving Aerith more prominence in the history, I know you have the talent to make it great.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: 2019-10-15 02:05:26 »
<stuff>
anyway, hope you decide to go ahead with the idea of giving Aerith more prominence in the history, I know you have the talent to make it great.
I haven't actually played NT, but putting what you just said into the vanilla game makes a h3ll of a lot of sense :)  Whether or not it's actually possible, I'll leave to SC (and possibly DLPB) to sort out.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: 2019-10-15 15:54:46 »

1. I wouldn't really want to tamper with that scene to such an extent.

2. I guess I don't mind it being said from the outset that the Rocket Plan will fail; the original reason was fairly weak. I got the feeling that whole section was padding, although it was interesting to run about as Cid for a while.

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: 2019-10-16 01:02:58 »
Thanks for the quick answer Sega Chief.
Obviously is up to you to decide what to change or no change in your mod, sorry if I did sound a little pushy with my suggestions, intend is not always properly communicated in text, with that said, please humor me as I try to explain my idea a little better:

The way I imagined the Mideel scene modification was actually simple, during the visit to Cloud and Tifa in the clinic:
1.   Remove the trigger that starts the earthquake scene and the fight against Ultimate weapon.
2.   Insert a trigger to make Aerith enter the clinic and start a conversation with Tifa to explain to her what she knows and her plan to help Cloud.
3.   Add a small scene of the girls and Cloud in his wheelchair entering a mako pond with forest background.
4.   The Tifa “mission” inside Cloud’s mind happens without any modification.
5.   Add a small scene of the girls and Cloud waking up next to the mako pond.
6.   The earthquake and the fight against Ultimate Weapon triggers automatically the next time the party enters Mideel keeping the destruction of the town canon.
So not that much tampering is needed, or maybe you mean that you don’t want to change the history too much, but as I said before, there is no change to the events, only to the method (from accidental to intentional)

Well that is it, as always thanks for reading and have a good day  :)

Hypzn

• View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: 2019-10-16 14:35:21 »
Whoever did the "arrange" mod is a lazy ass......  i have to fight 2 ferning blast by president shinra who have 3600 hp and  i have 0 ferning MP!!!!!!!
I TRIED GRINDING MONSTERS they drop 0 "tent" or "ether" so how in the ferning c ocksucking dicks am i gonna get mp to move forward? should i farm mobs with normal attacks til i go 100 lv to proceed or ferning what dude? get a ferning grip.  Yall make so many ferning mods its been what 25 ferning years since this game been out? "This supposed to be a good mod?"   How about u fix the overcomplicated stats oh no nono non instead u made it more complicated with retarded stats like what the fern dude. 
« Last Edit: 2019-10-16 21:38:47 by Sega Chief »

littleblueboxes

• View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: 2019-10-16 16:25:20 »
I know the documentation is not up-to-date, but can anyone confirm that Max Ray is still stealable from the Armour Golem? They keep stealing / morphing/ dropping Pile Bunkers.... I have 9 now. I haven't found any way to get the Max Ray off them.