Author Topic: FF8 Patch for FF7 & Seifer/GFs Patches  (Read 29606 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: FF8 Patch for FF7 & Seifer/GFs Patches
« Reply #25 on: 2011-01-06 00:30:29 »
Holy $h*t! I just remember I totally forgot to take away the data information of the originals Seifer and Squall, which in fact means that the Seifer patch will be ready probably... never :P As long as I know (Gjeorulv may know much about that than me), it's simply impossible to take away these data information from the chars models. And the textures from the chars cant be imported into ff7... I believe that someone could help me with that, but I already have some people. I would make the FF8 patch for FF7 completely legal in means that you'll need both FF7 AND FF8 PC for this to work. Although, I will need some programmer helping because this isn't an easy task. Aali is surely too busy and myst6re didn't want... How 'bout you, Gjeorulv? Wouldn't you help to make that legal? :) Oh, yeah, if someone could tell me... well I forgot. I'll tell you when I'll remember.

Relenanator

• View Profile
Re: FF8 Patch for FF7
« Reply #26 on: 2011-01-22 20:59:55 »
Back in the day, I remember I made some models for FF7 that looked like the FF8 Characters. I used parts that were already in FF7 to do it. I finished Rinoa (Tifa), Quistis (Aeris) and Selphie (Yuffie).

I wonder if I still have them somewhere, or if they suffered the fate of my Crisis Core stuff :/

...I've done waaay to much with FF7 :P

Rinoa (Tifa)

Oh god WHY!  :cry:

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-01-23 21:29:25 »
Why did I do it, or why did I lose it? :P

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Little uptdate for that little mod
« Reply #28 on: 2011-01-29 17:51:07 »
*** UPDATE ***
I've decided to put some enemies in too. It will be easy enough but there's still two problems.

1) How do you import the textures into the character files? I have them but cannot import...
2) How do you split the parts of the characters into more other. I have to do this but dunno how.

Otherwise, my Garden isn't working anymore (I miss the MFC42D.DLL on my computer) so the Seifer patch will have to wait a little bit.

Oh, yeah, I believe some people were wondering what is the GFs Patch. I plan on replacing the characters by the GFs (and put the GFs in the game, of course). I would be difficult, so not for now.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-03-11 12:40:54 »
What about Edea, the mightiest Sorceress of all time?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-03-12 00:37:17 »
*prepare for a long writing*

Well. As said in the PM, this will have to wait. My project is stand-by for an unknown time. If anybody have some help to provide (because the conversion of files from FF8 to FF7 and vice-versa is really difficult), then the project can go on :) I am really in a blind now, so any help is welcomed. For the conversion, it may be very tricky, but barely, very, doable. If Gjoerulv can help me, it would be pretty cool. Dunno if I forgot anything :P

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-08-31 15:16:30 »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Hey, this is my thread, is it?

I now got more knowledge and I am able to import FF8 models into FF7. It would take long, but I can do it. But since ripping models is against the rules, I'll have to make models from scratch. Since I'm not good at modeling or even retexturing, I would be glad if someone could point me to something useful (I already know of Timu Sumisu's tutorial) and importing isn't an issue for me at all.

Kenshi2510123

Re: FF8 Patch for FF7
« Reply #32 on: 2012-01-04 09:59:04 »
ripping from other games is illegal here, but i do believe if you make custom characters for it they may not mind i don't know exactly though you would have to ask them i guess....
Awesome!!
Hope you can finish this ASAP
I'm counting on ya
 :)