Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Convert Battle models into Field Models - BmCview (v0.2)  (Read 8637 times)

Reunion

• View Profile
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Battle model Converter & Viewer -- v0.2 by Reunion
--------------------------------------------------------------------

- BmCview - Is only for Final Fantasy VII for pc battle models. This little tool converts Final Fantasy VII battle models into field models that are acceptable to the field engine.

--v0.1--

- Open file - Only opens Final Fantasy VII battle models.

- File info - Once a battle model is open it will display the number of vertices, number of normals (which will always be zero in a battle model), and the number of polygons.

- Save as - The desired field model you want to replace.

Resize - Resizes the vertices by dividing the by the divisor in the text box. (This is set at 22 by default. It is the number that I use.)

- Lighting Options --WARNING VERY BUGGY--

- No lighting - Leave the Vertex and polygonal options off to get no lighting. I recommend you use this option for now. This will set all normals just to zero.
(The model will be dark but will look alright)

- Vertex - It “tries” to calculate normals for the amount of Vertices. (It does this incorrectly. I need help to debug…)

- Polygonal - It “tries” to calculate normals for the amount of Polygons. (It does this incorrectly. I need help to debug…)

--v0.2--

- Export to AutoDesk 3DS format - Must have Save as file selected. This will save as the same file name but with a “.3ds” extension. (This is just to get the correct normals from 3ds max later.)

- Viewer - Just for fun!
Left click - Sends the open model in odd directions.
Right click - For zooming the model in and out.

--------------------------------------------------------
Thank you all on the Qhimm Forum for your support.
Thanks to alhexx for his .p-preview Source and Ultima 0.31 Source. (Especially for the openGL stuff)
Thanks to everyone else!

-- Reunion --

Download http://www.mediafire.com/file/op4dfl22jyjtjro/BmCview.rar/file
« Last Edit: 2018-11-02 00:27:17 by obesebear »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
BmCview: Converts Battle models into Field Models
« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-10 21:38:18 »
Hay thxs Reunion going to test it later

MagiMaster

• View Profile
BmCview: Converts Battle models into Field Models
« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-10 21:59:08 »
I may have posted this in your other topic but hey, nice job!  I'm really impressed with this awesome program you have developed.  Better than I thought it would be.

AverageJoeFF7Fan

• View Profile
link is dead...

Anyone can reupload this for me?

obesebear

• View Profile

Exo2094

• View Profile
Is there a way to do the opposite?