Author Topic: [HELP]FF7 PC Odd object appears on his back and his hands not holding the pole  (Read 5312 times)

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
I need help from forum guys who are skillful to edit fileld characters.
The issue in on cdja.hrc in char.lgp, after the first bombing mission the party sneaked in the train heading to District 7 and moved to passenger car where this man is standing.

Looking into his left hand, he is not holding the pole different from the vanilla.
And furthermore, on his back a square object is shown!!

With Vallia char.lgp file the scene is like below;(On his back a square object is still shown! but left hand is OK holding the pole.)

I am trying to correct these 2 issues using Kimera.
Would you give me advise to do these ?
Your advise is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

The file cdja.hrc for the investigation is here:
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8yehn2echws9lzk/cdja.zip

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
Ammm, I might need to find out the animation file to edit the behavior of this man.

Is there any "cross reference" of the animation file which shows which .a files related with which .hrc files and which scenes as well.
Not in this particular animation, there might need another correction needed in FF7, so I would like to get "cross reference", with this not for me only but all others the correction would be more easier and improvement will go further.

Could anyone help this future prospects ? 

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
I finally recalled the FF7 spreadsheet a forum guy told me;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OnCCU0OfV4khZ5eDOyBv-TADnWmvxGnqM3BV-KRqf7g/pub?gid=1
Animation files in char.lgp have .a extension.
I searched and found that cdie.a must be the one for the scene in question.
So I loaded it for cdja.hrc and changed Zplus 3 xplus2 for all frames.
Rerult is OK !

For this correction, I am lucky to find out the animation related, but for other characters the weblist is not always correct, for example abja.a is seems to Cid's run not Yuffie different from spreadsheet.
There are so many talented guys in forum, so as I requested, coud you correct these and make "cross reference" for someone like me struggling for the right animation file for a character ?
It will be so helpful for younger men to learn these editing skill on FF7 ?

« Last Edit: 2016-08-14 10:22:35 by Toppanzoo »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I already fixed this with Reunion.  Just need to move the NPC back a little.  You can use Ochu to do this and view coordinates.

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
DLPB, sorry for my late response.
I downloaded Ochu 3.0,and read help.rtf but I could not understand how Ochu can display this man's coordinates.
Coud you expound on some more details of the use of Ochu to do this ?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
See the field coordinates tab (Data > FCrd).  You can enter Edit mode and then edit the coords.  The help file explains the edit mode.

Also, the above isn't fixed in R05.  I forgot to make the change to the correct file, but I'll do it for R05b :)

or perhaps I should just use your fix if it's better?
« Last Edit: 2016-09-24 13:17:02 by DLPB »

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
See the field coordinates tab (Data > FCrd).  You can enter Edit mode and then edit the coords.  The help file explains the edit mode.

Also, the above isn't fixed in R05.  I forgot to make the change to the correct file, but I'll do it for R05b :)

or perhaps I should just use your fix if it's better?

Thank you for this.
I ran Ochu and FF7, and took screenshot of Ochu when the scene was on;

Field1 seemed the hero character, it's Cloud+Barett ?
But other numbers are not be able to correlate to characters on screen for me,

1. Could you explain how I can correlate specific character on screen to Filed numbers ?
2. Also how to enter EDIT mode from the screen shown above ?

As for animation, I am very grad to upload the corrected animation.
Here is the link;
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tndoct5gmgj7p9i/cdie.zip

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Read the readme.  It's in there.  You press F1 to enter edit mode - or double click in a blank area.  To find out which ID is which, you need to look at field code with Makou Reactor.

Toppanzoo

• View Profile
Thank you, DLPB.
I got it.

Change Result;

Ochu; Clicking F1 changed letters to green noticing edit mode and right-mouse-button clicking reflects the new coordinate value to the game screen after inputting it.

The man is correlated Field7, and animation axis X is X but animation axis Z is Y in the field coordinates.
Anyway I could see the effects of Field value change like above.

Thank you again. My problem is now solved.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-02 10:00:07 by Toppanzoo »