Author Topic: [FF8R-PC/Steam] FF8 Remastered (Lunatic Pandora) Mods Progress  (Read 437104 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Current FF8 Lunatic Pandora: Remaster Mods in progress:
*UPDATED 7/2/2021*

Angelwing: Ultima (AI) by MCINDUS and Fated Courage porting to Remaster --PROJECT UPDATED/UPGRADED to ESRGAN 'Ultima' Edition!!!
-- Alpha Testing Phase --
ALPHA VERSION of Ultima RELEASED TO PATRONS - After alpha phase, mod will be made public!
ALL Fields replaced with ESRGAN + Gigapixel AI Field Textures (5+ models used), Custom background texturing and re-drawn font work by MCINDUS.
Extra contributions by Ark/Manakaiser (Bal Garden Main Hall, Gal Garden Outdoors) and Darziak (Cafeteria, Dollet Ship Mission Brief, Missile Base CPU, Balamb CPU, etc. and various font replacements, NPC placements/animations in Deling provided by Patfeerick)

SeeDRemastered UI v1.0 - all UI and icons custom created, new gradients, frames, menu's, etc. from SeeDReborn v4.1 -- will eventually contain v3.5 and v3.2 "vanilla" mod options as well.
100% Complete - RELEASED! - 'vanilla' mods progress = 25% - Multi-Language release = 35% *PRIORITY*
SeeDRemastered Fonts v1.0  - Font widths fixed and Hi-Tech Font (SR 4.1) Completed!
100% Complete - RELEASED!
SeeDRemastered Gradients v1.0  - making all SeeDReborn v4.1 gradient colors and patterns available for FF8 Remastered!
30% complete

BattlefieldPack: Remastered v1.3.1 NEW CUSTOM TEXTURES as well as ESRGAN/Gigapixel UPSCALES!
100% complete - RELEASED!!

HorizonPack: Remastered v1.1.a World Textures, World Vehicles, Maps, etc. -- porting to Remaster
ALPHA VERSION RELEASED!

FieldModelTextures v1.0.1 - ALL Field Model Textures Upscaled! ESRGAN/Gigapixel AI Comped images and minor custom texture detail for the best experience! If you are going to use Rebirth Flame or Lionheart, make sure you download the FieldModel Texture pack versions, as they are higher resolution!
100% Complete -- RELEASED!

RebirthFlame: Remastered v2.0 - Main Characters Battle Textures Upscaled -- Also includes mod versions with Squall+Rinoa texture replacements.  Can NOT edit hair polygons yet, but did a texture and color overhaul. Replaced eyes, mouth, colors, and more!
100% - RELEASED!
***Compatible with FieldModelTextures

LunarCry: Remastered v2.1 - Included are ALL of the enemies in game! ESRGAN/Gigapixel AI Comped images for the best experience! Battle models AND field models are all improved!
100% complete - RELEASED NEW VERSION 5/13/2020!! 
***THIS MOD IS DEPENDENT ON FieldModelTextures Mod being installed first!

Lionheart: Remastered v2.0 - Weapons are given updated textures.  Squall's weapons are easier to differentiate, and Seifer, Zell (new texture+color for Gauntlet), Laguna, and Kiros all have updated weapons textures! Rinoa's Shooting Star has also received a color fix, and various other tweaks!
100% - RELEASED!
***Compatible with FieldModel Textures

Tripod: Remastered v1.1 --  new high res background, updated number fonts, updated texture anim sprites, includes 2048 upscaled Tripod mod 2015 textures with new borders done by me, with new main character borders done by Hikashi!
100% complete - RELEASED!! --- 'low res' version in progress, for people without SSDs ---

==== MODS BELOW THIS SECTION NEED TO BE UNPACKED WITH A .ZZZ EXTRACTOR FIRST AND THEN INSTALLED! ====
*NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DEMASTER MODS*
Gerogero US Censorship -- FIXED in battle and all cards. DEPRECATED (IF USING DEMASTER MODS.)
100% Complete - RELEASED!!
*Included in LunarCry and FieldModelTextures pack*

New title screen (2048x2048), new squaresoft screen logo, etc. also created! Working my butt off :)

Back to work!
« Last Edit: 2022-01-12 17:39:09 by Mcindus »

Aavock

• View Profile
Mcindus to the rescue! Thank you once again for all your hard work.

Are the font, icons and UI elements still *.tex files with palettes? Or are you able to import direct *.png files?

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

when can people use the ff8 requiem mod again on the ff8 remaster pc version

IFireflyl

• View Profile
Nice job, McIndus! Super excited to see how far you're going to be able to take your mod support vis-a-vis backgrounds. Keep up the good work!

rotschleim

• View Profile
Thanks for your hard work, Mcindus. So sorry if this sounds rude, but what will SeeD Reborn Remastered bring to the table that isn't present in FFVIIIr? The UI elements in FFVIIIr (Shitty font kerning aside) is the only nice thing about it, IMO.

hewell

• View Profile
Nice to heard about this!
Maybe the hair looks dark because it's in full night?
Keep working!!!

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

I just want to know if we ever use story mods ever again on the ff8 remake, like hard type mods ever again
« Last Edit: 2019-09-06 08:46:32 by Zara9 »

Arthandas

• View Profile
Can you port the original backgrounds?

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
And what if you want to use the Remaster's fonts with this instead of the ones from the mod? Is that possible?

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Mcindus your work is stellar my man, we would be lost without you, looking forward to them

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Thanks for your hard work, Mcindus. So sorry if this sounds rude, but what will SeeD Reborn Remastered bring to the table that isn't present in FFVIIIr? The UI elements in FFVIIIr (Shitty font kerning aside) is the only nice thing about it, IMO.

Well, I created SeeDReborn, which has full icon replacements, etc. that are much better than theirs.  Even the vanilla stuff that I created (and some of that original stuff was team avalanche) and there are several fonts available, so I figured I'd offer that to the public.  The funny thing about their gradient is that it's a pixel perfect match of mine.  There's seriously no possible way to do this 'by accident'.  Also, they didn't 'crack' the gradient, so they don't know what pixels repeat, how to compensate, and how to change it with varying colors like I have.  In the latest SeeDReborn, there are many gradient options for the text boxes and I'll be offering that to the public as well.  I guess I could share a screenshot of that progress:

I just want to know if we ever use story mods ever again on the ff8 remake, like hard type mods ever again

Probably not for a long time. They changed the file structure A LOT.

Can you port the original backgrounds?

Not yet, but we're working on it.

And what if you want to use the Remaster's fonts with this instead of the ones from the mod? Is that possible?

Yes, definitely.  I'll give the option of using default font or the updated SeeDReborn v4.1 font.  If yagami light makes a version of his that works for this, we can implement it too.

Mcindus to the rescue! Thank you once again for all your hard work.
Are the font, icons and UI elements still *.tex files with palettes? Or are you able to import direct *.png files?

The fonts, icons/UI elements are actually set up almost exactly like the original SeeD mod by sl1982/Aali's Driver using .png's instead of the original .tex files.  I updated that mod a long time ago, and it looks like they used it as a template for their version lol.  They even stole my gradient to use in the remaster lol - it's a pixel perfect 'replica' which is pretty much impossible to do accidentally with gradients.  it's probably just a cut/paste of mine.  They also took the cut out textures I made for tripod cards, and stole two of my hand-crafted sprite animations for the magic sprites in triple triad. mwahahahahaha!

greator

• View Profile
Wait a minute. Are you saying that modding on FF8R is already started and you guys already cracked the file structure?
That was quick. I thought we still stuck because they use a different format.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Yo Mcindus you gotta be pissed these lazy hacks have nicked your stuff man

rotschleim

• View Profile
Well, I created SeeDReborn, which has full icon replacements, etc. that are much better than theirs.  Even the vanilla stuff that I created (and some of that original stuff was team avalanche) and there are several fonts available, so I figured I'd offer that to the public.  The funny thing about their gradient is that it's a pixel perfect match of mine.  There's seriously no possible way to do this 'by accident'.  Also, they didn't 'crack' the gradient, so they don't know what pixels repeat, how to compensate, and how to change it with varying colors like I have.  In the latest SeeDReborn, there are many gradient options for the text boxes and I'll be offering that to the public as well.  I guess I could share a screenshot of that progress:
Ah, now I see. That was very dense of me, lol. Thanks for your time and also your hard work.

IFireflyl

• View Profile
Wait a minute. Are you saying that modding on FF8R is already started and you guys already cracked the file structure?
That was quick. I thought we still stuck because they use a different format.

They are still stuck with backgrounds. They're trying to figure out how to properly access the .fl files. McIndus has up-scaled virtually everything in the textures folder as that was only locked behind a .zzz compression file that the modding community already figured out how to extract.

Maston

• View Profile

Can this be fixed?
His head isn't appearing.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-07 01:38:33 by Maston »

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
They are still stuck with backgrounds. They're trying to figure out how to properly access the .fl files. McIndus has up-scaled virtually everything in the textures folder as that was only locked behind a .zzz compression file that the modding community already figured out how to extract.

Wouldn't it be the .fs files instead? the .fi files are all really small, some are only 1kb, while the .fs files are much much larger. Shouldn't that be where we should look for the backgrounds?

IFireflyl

• View Profile
Wouldn't it be the .fs files instead? the .fi files are all really small, some are only 1kb, while the .fs files are much much larger. Shouldn't that be where we should look for the backgrounds?

It's possibly both. I'm just trying to recall what people were referring to somewhere else. Either way, you get the idea. :)

Sebanisu

• View Profile
FI is the index, offset to data size and compression off, lzss or lz4. The FL is the list, filenames and fake directories. FS is the data. Kinda need all three to find stuff. The new lz4 is what the tools need updated to support. And people are working on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2019-09-07 23:32:08 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:26:09 by Lorath »

Valtrise

• View Profile
Mcindus, you are the best man, we all appreciate your work.

riverblink

• View Profile
Thank you so much for this any idea on an ETA?

Manakaiser

• View Profile
good work

cloudhaacker

• View Profile
I have a question because I don't remember now lol - I bought the Lunatic Pandora mod almost 2 years ago to the day and I didn't know - do we get updates to that? Do we get this upgrade? or do we have to buy it anew? Just curious - I looked a few weeks ago and didn't see any way to redownload the one I bought, so wasn't sure. Thanks Mcindus for all you're doing for us! Can't wait to have the ultimate version of FF8!!

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
I have a question because I don't remember now lol - I bought the Lunatic Pandora mod almost 2 years ago to the day and I didn't know - do we get updates to that? Do we get this upgrade? or do we have to buy it anew? Just curious - I looked a few weeks ago and didn't see any way to redownload the one I bought, so wasn't sure. Thanks Mcindus for all you're doing for us! Can't wait to have the ultimate version of FF8!!
Its a Free mod, you don't have to pay for it, its always been free.