Author Topic: Text box issues when playing FFVII  (Read 3340 times)

g3mi20

• View Profile
Text box issues when playing FFVII
« on: 2019-02-18 19:24:11 »
I'm a pretty new user to 7th Heaven, and I wanted to try out FFVII with all the mods that make it look nice (Remako and just about everything that comes with 7th Heaven). However, while playing through the opening bombing mission, I noticed that a number of text boxes were cut off or wrapped in weird places. I tried to fix this by using the Menu Overhaul, but to no avail. I followed the steps for this correctly. I am using the latest version of 7th Heaven, and the Steam version of the game. Please help!

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: Text box issues when playing FFVII
« Reply #1 on: 2019-02-18 22:33:36 »
I'm a pretty new user to 7th Heaven, and I wanted to try out FFVII with all the mods that make it look nice (Remako and just about everything that comes with 7th Heaven). However, while playing through the opening bombing mission, I noticed that a number of text boxes were cut off or wrapped in weird places. I tried to fix this by using the Menu Overhaul, but to no avail. I followed the steps for this correctly. I am using the latest version of 7th Heaven, and the Steam version of the game. Please help!

Have you tried to right clicking the FF VII EXE, then go to properties, go into the compatibility tab and click the change high dpi settings then in that menu tick both the top and bottom options and see if that works.

If that does not work could you please let us know what mods you are using as it could help.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-18 22:36:51 by Yuffie1983 »

g3mi20

• View Profile
Re: Text box issues when playing FFVII
« Reply #2 on: 2019-02-18 23:34:59 »
That didn't fix it, the mods I'm using are Animations, Battle Models-Characters, Battle Models-Enemies, Battle Models-Weapons, Field Models-Main Characters, Battle Textures, Field Models-Non-Player Characters, Field Models-Objects, Field Textures-Omzy, Field Textures-satsuki, Field Textures-yarLson, Gameplay-Difficulty and Story, Gameplay-Tweaks and Cheats, Remako_HD_Graphics_Mod_BETA_0.1, Media-Movies, Media-Music and Sound, Menu-Avatars and Backdrops, Minigames Collection, Miscellaneous-Dynamic Cloud weapons, Miscellaneous-Team Avalanche Fields, Spell Textures, World Models-Characters, World Models-Enemies, World Models-Vehicles, World Textures, and Miscellaneous-Jessie Mod.
Edit: I tweaked with some stuff, it seems that your modification suggestion plus the Menu Overhaul fixed the issue. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2019-02-18 23:44:42 by g3mi20 »