Author Topic: FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe error  (Read 2994 times)

vincint2002

• View Profile
FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe error
« on: 2019-06-07 14:57:02 »
When I try to run FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe I get the following error: https://imgur.com/TFeNZBr. I have checked run as administrator in compatibility tab, and no matter what else I try I cant get it to work.

vincint2002

• View Profile
Re: FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe error
« Reply #1 on: 2019-06-08 00:36:14 »
If anyone runs into this red screen issue, I believe I have a workaround that so far seems to be working. I extracted the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe and deleted a few lines within FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat.

The lines that I deleted are below. After deleting those lines the FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat seems to work, and patched the game after pointing it to FF7's install directory. I have made it to the Sector 7 train yard with all mods in the 7thHeaven catalog installed including The Reunion/Because and haven't noticed any issues. This probably isn't the best way to fix this, so it might not work for everyone.

Lines I deleted:

:: Test for Adminrights
NET SESSION >NUL 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
   COLOR CF
   CLS
   ECHO Access Denied, Installation Aborted...
   ECHO Run this Program with Administrator Privileges.
   ECHO Access Denied, Installation Aborted...>>FF7_GC.log
   ECHO Run this Program with Administrator Privileges.>>FF7_GC.log
   PAUSE
   COLOR 0F
   GOTO :EOF
)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-06-09 20:33:56 »
If anyone runs into this red screen issue, I believe I have a workaround that so far seems to be working. I extracted the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe and deleted a few lines within FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat.

The lines that I deleted are below. After deleting those lines the FF7_GameConverter_7H.bat seems to work, and patched the game after pointing it to FF7's install directory. I have made it to the Sector 7 train yard with all mods in the 7thHeaven catalog installed including The Reunion/Because and haven't noticed any issues. This probably isn't the best way to fix this, so it might not work for everyone.

Lines I deleted:

:: Test for Adminrights
NET SESSION >NUL 2>&1
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
   COLOR CF
   CLS
   ECHO Access Denied, Installation Aborted...
   ECHO Run this Program with Administrator Privileges.
   ECHO Access Denied, Installation Aborted...>>FF7_GC.log
   ECHO Run this Program with Administrator Privileges.>>FF7_GC.log
   PAUSE
   COLOR 0F
   GOTO :EOF
)

The simple answer is just right click on the EXE and go to run as admin you do not need to go into the the compatibility tab.

Nigmar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-06-17 22:41:20 »
hello, the converter don't work:

-When I launch it, the black window appears and immediately disappears. It's the first time it's happened to me, I did not have that problem before. please help me.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-06-20 21:54:02 »
hello, the converter don't work:

-When I launch it, the black window appears and immediately disappears. It's the first time it's happened to me, I did not have that problem before. please help me.

What version of the converter are you using, and your operating system please.

Nigmar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-06-21 08:51:58 »
The one in the modding tutorial page and windows 10

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-06-21 17:57:12 »
The one in the modding tutorial page and windows 10

Can I suggest a clean reinstall of FFVII, and use the FF VII registry cleaner to clear out the old entries, if that is not working CC Cleaner is a good tool as well too use. Then use the game converter with admin rights. Also it could be as well (as it has happened to me before you might be awaiting a windows update than caused me install issues in the past)