Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3025891 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98-Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03b)
« Reply #1275 on: 2015-05-07 22:27:03 »
Maybe then it's not a problem of the model using the wrong animation, but that the wrong model is being used.  It would make more sense if it were the MP's guarding it instead of a receptionist

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: 2015-05-07 23:20:46 »
I would like to change the "model Edea" for two MP red on PSX.
How could do I?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: 2015-05-07 23:24:16 »
Wow, it's that model?  What the hell's happened? I always thought the guards were asleep there or something.  But now I find it's because the model is corrupted.

And yeah, it's fairly easy to change models with Makou.

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: 2015-05-07 23:29:59 »
Wow, it's that model?  What the hell's happened? I always thought the guards were asleep there or something.  But now I find it's because the model is corrupted.

Makou Reactor only can edit modelts on PC version :(

On Psx version is other story.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: 2015-05-08 05:19:38 »

I have made a model for that and a new animation too. I guess I called it EDEA.a. It has the hands on the front so it looks more like reception lady from Japan. Is it corrupted on psx, too? I knew that the PSX version has slightly more polished script and some scenes have a different global light setting.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14780/article/final-fantasy-7-now-in-hd-on-pc-comparison-shots-released/

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #1280 on: 2015-05-10 14:40:01 »
Hi DLPB

A question for you. Inside the Gi cave, there are 3 chests (GIDUN_4).

The original script says:

004------------------------------------------------
Received "Fairy Ring"!
005------------------------------------------------
Received "X-Potion"!
006------------------------------------------------
Received "Turbo Ether"!

And your translations says:

004------------------------------------------------
{YELLOW}Bugenhagen{WHITE}
“Look, Nanaki…
  Your father. The warrior, Seto.”
005------------------------------------------------
{YELLOW}{RED XIII}{WHITE}
“That…
  That's… Seto?”
006------------------------------------------------
{YELLOW}Bugenhagen{WHITE}
“Seto continued to fight the Gi here.
  He never stopped protecting the canyon.”

So when I opened the chests I saw those wierd messages instead of the Received or Obtained bla bla bla.

Do you know why is this happening?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: 2015-05-10 14:56:33 »
No...  this doesn't happen in PC version. Your window Ids must have gotten messed up and no longer matching text.  Check with Makou.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: 2015-05-10 15:17:28 »
You are right, please disregard my message.
By the way, spy_dargon is working on the receptionist 3D model but needs some help, maybe Kaldarasha can help him with the PSX model.

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: 2015-05-11 21:27:38 »
You are right, please disregard my message.
By the way, spy_dargon is working on the receptionist 3D model but needs some help, maybe Kaldarasha can help him with the PSX model.

It's fixed!
Thanks for the helping of messabasker and jeet.
Oregon could to replace the model on psx.

Pic:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: 2015-05-11 22:08:22 »
I need someone to do this for PC.  I can do it myself but a little busy. What coordinates etc did you use?  Or better yet, upload the field file.

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: 2015-05-12 00:57:42 »
Use makou reactor, in the models, change the name EDEA for AZHE.
Save the file and test it.

I tested it and works.
On PSX version is harder than PC.

Regards.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: 2015-05-12 01:08:49 »
Oh.  Ok.  ;D

Yeah, it works fine.  And the animation is arms behind back...  I guess they just got the wrong model.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-12 01:12:08 by DLPB »

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: 2015-05-12 14:22:12 »
I guess they just got the wrong model.

Can that be possible though? That is the only map in which model EDEA is ever used. If it is removed, it will become an unused model completely. I'd be more inclined to say they got the animation wrong.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: 2015-05-12 14:29:24 »
Can that be possible though? That is the only map in which model EDEA is ever used. If it is removed, it will become an unused model completely. I'd be more inclined to say they got the animation wrong.

That is what I thought at first. Those 2 girls are there as recepcionists/hostess, but then I noticed that they get nasty on you when you speak to them. The way they talk to you it's like they were soldiers/watchman/security guards.

Also the 3D model is called KEIBI which means "guard" in Japanese. So at the end my conclusion is that the correct model shoud be 2 red soldiers.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-12 14:35:28 by Green_goblin »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: 2015-05-12 15:18:48 »

Yeah, it's possible.  FF7 had a ton of mistakes... and having receptionists there really doesn't make much sense.  It's possible they wanted some other model there but messed up.  Also what ^ said.  When the game testers did their walk through, it's likely they saw what I always have... guards asleep /lying down on the floor.  I've never considered this a mistake until someone came here and noted it.  And that's despite me playing through game over 10 times.  So, if I didn't know after all that, then the testers and designers may have also overlooked it.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-12 15:22:49 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: 2015-05-12 15:46:13 »
Yeah, it's possible.  FF7 had a ton of mistakes... and having receptionists there really doesn't make much sense.  It's possible they wanted some other model there but messed up.  Also what ^ said.  When the game testers did their walk through, it's likely they saw what I always have... guards asleep /lying down on the floor.  I've never considered this a mistake until someone came here and noted it.  And that's despite me playing through game over 10 times.  So, if I didn't know after all that, then the testers and designers may have also overlooked it.

I already had fixed it. There should be a new animation for her (EDEA.a I guess...) with the files I send to you (at last I hope I did) which has the hand in front of her like a Japanese receptionist, but needs to be added to the char.lgp and the model loader. I think they wanted to use Tifa's Excuse animation on it but forget to write the script for the models.

Edit:
 :-[
I already posted that. ::)

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 2015-05-12 20:47:20 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: 2015-05-12 21:14:24 »
Very very good work!  Hopefully, general feedback will be a lot more helpful than that latest post.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 2015-05-12 21:18:03 »
Yes, I didn't like that last post either.

I hope that the PSX fans will do a complete walktrough/testing so we can improve the "Beacause".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: 2015-05-12 21:26:23 »
It's complete nonsense that it's "excessively literal" or that there are mistakes all over.  But making those claims means at least backing them up with examples.  If there are genuine mistakes, I am more than happy to address them.  Also, I am so very tired of people who come along at the end, say "MISTAKE!" and are nowhere to be seen during development.  They are very good at crying "mistake" but very poor at doing anything to resolve it, during or even after the project.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-12 21:28:35 by DLPB »

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: 2015-05-12 21:52:42 »
His post is disrespectful. The guy sees District and Marin and then after one hour he judges several years of work without having a clue about it all, nor trying to.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 2015-05-12 22:07:50 »
His post is disrespectful. The guy sees District and Marin and then after one hour he judges several years of work without having a clue about it all, nor trying to.

Not to mention, I am quite happy with the canon names being given as a choice.  But if that's what he thinks is a "mistake", he is wrong.  We'll find out, hopefully, where the issue lies, but I am edging to the "omg changed canon" mentality.

I'm also quite happy with the PSX versions using the canon (as in things that aren't going to be changed, like Sector) as default. It's wrong, of course, and misses the entire point that they really were once districts with names... but Square have pandered to fanbase on that and so many other issues.  They've made it clear that those things will never be corrected.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-12 22:20:08 by DLPB »

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 2015-05-12 22:24:18 »
Sure. Personally I'm very happy I can finally call things by their true names, the intended names and words for them. For me, it's loving not what FF7 turned out to be back in 97/98 but what FF7 really is. Thanks again for that :p

I was wondering, will the fixed guard model be included in the Reunion ?
There has been all kinds of quirks (game bugs, programming errors, etc) that have been found in vanilla and then discussed in this thread, I'm just wondering if you include their fix when possible.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-12 22:34:30 by White Wind »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 2015-05-12 22:34:36 »
Yeah, I've already added this latest fix.  I'll pop a note in the bugtracker soon.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 2015-05-13 01:07:38 »
Nice.

And Dan, something bugs me with Midgardsormr.. or should I say with the Midgardsormr ? that's what is bugging me.. do you consider "Midgardsormr" to be the creature's name, or do you call it that as in "the Serpent of Midgard / the Midgard Serpent" ? If the second is the way you see it, then Midgard Sormr might be more appropriate, no ? But if it is the creature's name, then that's it.

But do you think the mythical monster has "Midgard" being part of its name ? For me, Midgard is the mythical city, and the monster is the Sormr of it (even if it is the only one in the world).

mmm I just noticed in the game  the city is called Midgar and not Midgard... then Midgard Sormr might look a bit out of place, I don't know.. Midgar Sormr would be inaccurate literally ?

hey I'm not trying to make you change things in your own work (and Luksy's), but more like asking what your educated arguments are and sharing my thoughts in a constructive way, just to see if something comes out of that.