Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3034686 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R03c)
« Reply #1600 on: 2015-06-07 23:43:37 »
The new menu cannot work with Steam.  It's impossible.  You need to convert to 1998 in order to use it.

As for the battle interface, that's how it is :)  The only choice is to have MO or not really. There are 4 items per page rather than 3 though too.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: 2015-06-08 00:07:29 »
Hey DLPB, I cannot answer your PMs because my post count is too low.

Please remind me where are the icons you want to modify and send me the PSX data, I can add those changes.

Can you join IRC?  We can discuss it properly there.  It's not too involved but I am unsure of the limitations myself, so we need a chat.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=2945.0

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: 2015-06-08 03:39:27 »
As for the battle interface, that's how it is :)  The only choice is to have MO or not really. There are 4 items per page rather than 3 though too.

Yes there are 4 items per page, but two of those are just blank spaces. You mean there are meant to be spaces between spells in the spell selection menu, like in the photo i posted? Hmm, why is that? It wasn't that way in the old menu overhaul MO5c :|
« Last Edit: 2015-06-08 03:43:20 by SRACon17 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 2015-06-08 03:42:39 »
You mean there are meant to be spaces between spells in the spell selection menu, like in the photo i posted? Hmm, why is that? It wasn't that way in the old menu overhaul MO5c :|

The original MO did not touch the battle interface like this.  The Reunion completely alters it to one box.  The spaces are for the higher spells.  Cure, Cura, Curaga  and so on.  The game doesn't place them one after another in a list because it was never designed to work in one row. In your picture you are missing Fira and Firaga.

This is among the reasons I have simply given up with trying to polish the game with this poor engine.  Instead, I am working on the original font and interface for one complete work. It's a game from 1997 and, even if you spend 20 years on it, you will always be limited to that.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-08 03:45:34 by DLPB »

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: 2015-06-08 03:45:10 »
Oh, now that makes sense. Thanks! I thought it was a bug on my end. Guess I just have to go back to using Wait ATB :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 2015-06-08 03:47:17 »
Oh, now that makes sense. Thanks! I thought it was a bug on my end. Guess I just have to go back to using Wait ATB :)
I wouldn't put is past someone like NFITC1 being able to edit it all so that the order doesn't suck.  I'm sure there is a way to make it list as Cure, Fire, Blizzard etc... Usually it's not worth the effort.

SRACon17

• View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 2015-06-08 04:02:08 »
It's alright, it's just nitpicking on my part. It's amazing what you've already done to this game  ;D

IlDucci

• View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 2015-06-08 10:02:05 »
Can you join IRC?  We can discuss it properly there.  It's not too involved but I am unsure of the limitations myself, so we need a chat.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=2945.0
I'll try to find you there.

Shintai

• View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 2015-06-09 00:34:12 »
Been playing the game with the new translation lately and I just have to say that you did a superb job. The original's translation always felt off to me,  but more than likely due to the quality of the source material I was still able to enjoy it. Playing it with this new translation however, it comes off like it was done professionally rather than what now feels like an amateur rush job when compared to the original. With that in mind this also makes it so that I can't go back to the original at all. Now when I say professional, I really mean that, not simply because the grammar and typos are fixed but because everything flows together MUCH more smoothly and naturally. For one, the characters actually sound like real people now as opposed to...... whatever the hell they did with them originally. Situations that seemed strange and out of context make much more sense now and it even changes (or rather corrects) the meaning of certain scenes.

When I get further into the game I am gonna make a video for my youtube channel ShintaiReviews. I really hope more people can play the game with this new translation and play it the way Sakaguchi originally intended. My channel may not be huge but hopefully it will give the patch some more attention Also, very nice touch with the character models as they look and feel like the models during the battle sequences which fit really well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 2015-06-09 00:56:43 »
Thank you :)  It's nice to see some of our hard work being appreciated and I always tried my best to make it flow correctly.  That was the number 1 priority.  8)

Shintai

• View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 2015-06-09 01:26:45 »
If that was the priority, consider it a resounding success. In the original everything sounded awkward and forced, such a stark contrast when compared to your version.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 2015-06-09 03:56:12 »
I can't wait.. Soon, soon..

Zeuz

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 2015-06-09 05:22:19 »
Hey guys, great mod here. I don't believe I'm getting 60fps to run properly. I bought the Steam release and installed the newest version of Reunion, but Tifa's reels and menu navigation are both still choppy. I've been poking around the forums to see if I missed a step but I can't find anything.

To give more information I installed everything in Reunion but the menu overhaul, model overhaul, and memory patches. The installation completed so I assumed everything was in working order. Let me know, thanks!

Also, the Weapon part of the mod works with the Steam version correct? I haven't been able to test it yet.

Got 60fps to work, although the red arrow indicating that a spell can hit all targets is missing. I really think the readme should come with some documentation about the HextLauncher "FF7+" cause newbies like me get easily confused.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-10 00:08:31 by Zeuz »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1613 on: 2015-06-09 23:15:53 »
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question but i don't get what that "Plate - Cross Section" is. I think it's the fallen sector 7 plate, but isn't a cross section something "cut off"? I'm asking cause I'm clueless at how i should translate that into italian.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 2015-06-10 03:22:10 »
Hey guys, great mod here. I don't believe I'm getting 60fps to run properly. I bought the Steam release and installed the newest version of Reunion, but Tifa's reels and menu navigation are both still choppy. I've been poking around the forums to see if I missed a step but I can't find anything.

To give more information I installed everything in Reunion but the menu overhaul, model overhaul, and memory patches. The installation completed so I assumed everything was in working order. Let me know, thanks!

Also, the Weapon part of the mod works with the Steam version correct? I haven't been able to test it yet.

Got 60fps to work, although the red arrow indicating that a spell can hit all targets is missing. I really think the readme should come with some documentation about the HextLauncher "FF7+" cause newbies like me get easily confused.

The readme does explain to use FF7+ , I think.  Also, the HextLaunch readme is in the HL_files folder.  As for the red arrows, they've been removed and aren't necessary since you have the information in the box to the right.

@caledor

The cross section is the intersection between the lower and upper parts of Midgar.  You climb to the Shin-Ra Building by passing it.  I am not sure cross-section is the correct word to use here. Perhaps intersection or junction or divide or boundary works better.  I'll ask Luksy what he thinks.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%96%AD%E9%9D%A2

プレート断面
« Last Edit: 2015-06-10 03:42:33 by DLPB »

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 2015-06-10 06:37:26 »
Well that's literally what it means, but IMO it's a misnomer. A cross section is a view of something, not an actual object or a location. "Inside the plate" is probably what they meant, but the map looks like a cross section hence the name.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1616 on: 2015-06-10 10:41:23 »
Well, this makes a lot more sense, thanks guys.
Oh, and as a side note, I just noticed that inside the menu the location name string is limited to 23 chars. Is there any way to increase that?

EDIT. Before climbing the cable in WM, cloud says that it goes up "hundred of meters", while Jessie on the train said that the top plate is 50 meters above ground. I do believe that the latter is completely wrong, but the number is still there... what do you think about it, Daniel?
« Last Edit: 2015-06-10 11:04:11 by Caledor »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 2015-06-10 13:41:29 »
The figures are correct in terms of translation.  I think Jessie is saying the plate is 50 metres off the ground but cloud and co climb to the very top above the plate, which could extend further.  On the other hand, it could also be a writing error.  Hard to say.

As for menu... the answer is largely no.  If I recall.  I do remember trying to extend it and it being a bit harder than usual.  But NFITC1 may know.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 2015-06-12 18:56:43 »
Why have I been using the font for the button icons with Menu Overhaul... ?  Turns out PC uses the same texture and ff7text codes as PSX, they've just substituted "X" for things like "B2"  but it's still an icon.  So... basically I should never have touched the font.  Well, too late for that now. The MO is staying as is, but the original game is getting the texture updated as we speak by IlDucci.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 2015-06-14 18:18:41 »
IlDucci has been working tirelessly with me to update the original game textures.  The materia has been shrunk slightly so it now fits the slots properly, the hand icons are smaller, the psx buttons are back (albeit still need tweak), the weapon / item icons are smaller and I have started work on fixing up the menu.

Husk

• View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: 2015-06-14 23:23:12 »
Hi there! I co-host Ultima Final Fantasy, a Final Fantasy Podcast. One of our listeners recently pointed your translation project out to me and I am very interested in it. I have always felt that portions of the story of Final Fantasy VII has been lost due to poor translations. I mean, I didn't even know about the Scottish accent of Cait Sith until I watched Advent Children, and by then, I was super confused by it.

I would like to interview you for one of our episodes. I think your project is amazing, and I would be very interested in talking with someone who has as much love for Final Fantasy VII as you.

If you're interested in this, you can send me a message here, or you can send a direct email to [email protected], and we'll work out a time.

Thank you for all you've done for the world of Final Fantasy VII!

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 2015-06-15 15:08:30 »
I have doubt in a field in Costa de Sol, is the field called delmin12:

---TEXT004---
“Welcome.
  I'm the manager.”
{NEW PAGE}
“Nice to meet you.”
{NEW PAGE}
“Well then,
  if you'll excuse me?
  Goodnight.”

A manager in a cellar of a house? I have looked japanese script and "manager" is : 管理人
It can be translated as: Manager
But also means: Custodian, concierge, janitor.

http://jisho.org/search/%E7%AE%A1%E7%90%86%E4%BA%BA

I think that man is someone who keeps the house.

Regards.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-15 15:10:10 by spy__dragon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 2015-06-15 15:24:31 »
I think you may be right.  I think he is the caretaker of the manor.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-15 15:26:25 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 2015-06-15 17:18:58 »
In other news, the new Reunion is still being worked on.  Feels like old times....
« Last Edit: 2015-06-15 17:39:35 by DLPB »

spy__dragon

• View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: 2015-06-15 17:35:33 »
I have seen other error, in the field losinn:

---TEXT019---
{TIFA}
“Ancients have actually
  slept in these?”

Japanese:
{TIFA}
「ここに住んでいた人たちが
 使っていたものかしら?」

{VINCENT}
“Have Ancients actually
  slept in these,I wonder?”

{VINCENT}
「ここの住人が使っていたものか?」

In japanese doesn't mention about "Ancients" (古代種).

Regards.